Michael Håkansson has decided to part ways with Evergrey. The new bass player will be the band's long-time friend Fredrik Larsson (Hammerfall, Cans). Michael has left the following message for all the Evergrey fans:

"After a long time of consideration and many, many hours of thinking I now, with sadness, announce my departure from the band.
I have been a part of the band for seven years and during that time I have experienced so much and I have seen more than I ever thought I would. But now it is time for me to say goodbye.
My reason for doing this is that I feel a strong urge to do something different in music. This is the one and only reason and it's 100% my own decision.
I want to thank the boys for all the good times we have had together thoughout the years. I wish them the best of all success, something they truly deserve and without doubt will achieve."

Source: evergrey.net
Band profile: Evergrey

Posted: 05.08.2006 by wrathchild

Comments

Hrimner - 06.08.2006 at 18:01
Michael Håkansson has joined "Engel" according to blabbermouth.net
Graveheart - 07.08.2006 at 13:27
I hope he will concentrate more on Embraced from now on. I love Evergrey, but that's nothing in comparison to Embraced.
BrightNight - 13.12.2006 at 00:18
Michael Håkansson is a very cool bass player, a shame he's gone. Ive seen them live 2 times now. The second time i saw the new bassplayer. And i think he sure is a good replacement. No need to worry:)
Layla - 28.03.2007 at 02:21
Fredrik Larsson is great!!!
Bitch Boy - 28.03.2007 at 07:35
This is a shame, but they chose a good replacement though
RhaegarTargaryen - 13.04.2007 at 03:59
Swedish metallers EVERGREY have officially parted ways with bassist Fredrik Larsson only nine months after he was recruited as the replacement for Michael Håkansson. A replacement bassist has not yet been announced. Håkansson has since joined fellow Swedes HAMMERFALL.
On Metal archives it says that Larsson quit Evergrey to retorun to HammerFall, but on Blabbermouth it says that Hakansson joined HF...strange.

Edit: From HF official site, Fredrik Larsson is the new HF bassist.

News Akercocke - Bassist Leaves, Replacement Announced 7 23.01.2007 by Black_Handed
News Saattue - Drummer Leaves The Band, Replacement Announced 5.5 19.10.2010 by Array
News Darkestrah - Vocalist Leaves The Band, Replacement Announced 5.5 19.07.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News De Profundis - Part Ways With Bassist, Replacement Announced 5.5 20.05.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Serenity - Part Ways With Bassist, Replacement Announced 5.5 26.08.2010 by The Shape 1973