Original news, posted on 16.01.2009

Nuclear Blast have posted following news on their website:

"Swiss pagan metal horde Eluveitie just revealed the release date of their long announced folk / acoustic album "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion". The record will feature guest appearances by Oliver S. Tyr of Faun and Alan A. Nemtheanga of Primordial among others. The album will contain 15 folk songs, mostly written in ancient gaulish language will be unleashed on April 10th 2009 via Nuclear Blast."

Updated (on 20.01.2009, thanks to S.K.Ø.M)

Swiss metallers Eluveitie just revealed the cover artwork of their upcoming new album, entitle "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion".

Mainman Chrigel Glanzmann states: "As "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion" is a concept album setting pure gaulish mythology into music, we also wanted to be the artwork in the same line. Kernunnos is one of the most important and central characters in celtic mythology. So we conceived a topical portrayal of that figure, representing as the ancient mythological content of "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion" as well as it's musical character."

UPDATE (thanks to WinterChild)

Eluveitie just revealed the tracklist as well as the guest features included on their upcoming acoustic/folk album "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion". Mainman Chrigel Glanzmann states: "The tracks on "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion" take you on a journey through ancient gaulish mythology, a journey deep into the celtic soul. You'll pass diverse instrumental tracks, setting mythological topics into music, as well as songs, which are exclusively sung in ancient gaulish language. Most lyrics are 1600 - 2100 years old. We're proud and happy we have some illustrious and excellent guests musicians on this album: Fredy Schnyder from Nucleus Torn playing the hammered dulcimer on two tracks, Oli S. Tyr from the german medieval folkers Faun contributing the magical sounds of the long-necked lute on the title track. Furthermore Alan Nemtheanga from the Irish pagan metallers Primordial presenting his vocal art in two tracks, Mina The Fiddler from the experimental folk band Branâ Keternâ enchanting two tracks with the sounds of the 5-stringed viola and at last Sarah Wauquiez, our former bandmember, playing Zugerörgeli (helvetic accordion) on one track."

Tracklist "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion":

01. Sacrapos - At First Glance (feat. A.A. Nemtheanga (Primordial) on vocals)
02. Brictom
03. A Girls Oath
04. The Arcane Dominion (feat. Oli S. Tyr (Faun) on long-necked lute)
05. Within The Grove feat. Fredy Schnyder (Nucleus Torn) on hammered dulcimer, feat. Mina The Fiddler (ex-Brana) on 5-stringed viola
06. The Cauldron Of Renascence
07. Nata (feat. A.A. Nemtheanga (Primordial) on additional vocals)
08. Omnos
09. Carnutian Forest
10. Dessumiis Luge
11. Gobanno feat. Sarah Wauquiez (Schellmery, ex-Eluveitie), feat. Fredy Schnyder (Nucleus Torn) on hammered dulcimer, feat. Mina The Fiddler (ex-Brana) on 5-stringed viola
12. Voveso In Mori
13. Memento
14. Ne Regv Na
15. Sacrapos - The Disparaging Last Gaze

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Eluveitie

Posted: 28.01.2009 by WinterChild

Comments

Pétur - 16.01.2009 at 20:17
Alan A. Nemtheanga? NO! =( O well I'm curious about the others and how the acoustic folk album will sound.
Sjuk - 16.01.2009 at 21:43
Acoustic album ? Arf...
Dark Blood - 16.01.2009 at 22:13
Hmm I'm really looking forward to it. Sounds interesting since the last album wasn't that good compared to Spirit.
Fhuesc - 17.01.2009 at 00:49
Acoustic? sounds meh!, i like a song or two, but an entire album!?.
Promonex - 17.01.2009 at 01:16
Wasn't Evocation II meant to be their acoustic album? Anyway, I'm looking forward to both albums as most of the songwriting took place before Slania.
Metalmorphosis - 17.01.2009 at 14:16
The acoustic part is scaring me too. i really like their melo death/folk feel and those harsh vocals.
Xlaw - 18.01.2009 at 22:03
Got abit dissapointed aswell, will there be no harsh vocals at all?
dismaleuphony - 18.01.2009 at 23:36
Yes, we should all fear and be disappointed by releases of albums that are not exactly like what the band just put out. Looking forward to the release and glad it's something different, as much as I enjoy the band's last 2 albums.
kayla - 19.01.2009 at 08:32
I love acoustic folk, but an entire album? Hmm...Oh well Eluveitie is great and I'll most likely buy this album anyways
Thorion_Covenant - 19.01.2009 at 17:49
I'm also kinda on the fence about this. A couple of songs is always really rad. I love me some folk metal... but then again it would be a good change of pace from the rest of my collection. If I'm in the mood to just sit and reminisce.

I'm hoping it'll be good. And I'm looking forward to hear what kind of sound they're going to have with the two new members.

Maybe Part 2 will be heavier?
Introspekrieg - 20.01.2009 at 21:39
Oh yeah acoustic folk... looking forward to it. What I hated about them before was the crappy Gothenburg sound they had.
Elio - 20.01.2009 at 22:38
Written by Introspekrieg on 20.01.2009 at 21:39

whitepawel - 20.01.2009 at 22:48
Acoustic? But...why?
Valaskjalf - 20.01.2009 at 23:36
ANOTHER album? sheesh....cant be good
albatros - 20.01.2009 at 23:36
Next decade could be the decade of acoustic folk. It's not so far from metal and offers some fresh impulses.
Slyfang - 21.01.2009 at 01:30
It was about time they started making folk music, instead of redoing dark tranquillity with flutes

and the presence of Nemtheanga sounds great.. he's one of the best vocalists in metal i think
-DC-002- - 21.01.2009 at 01:44
Didn't they JUST come out with a new album? That bugs me
Daggon - 21.01.2009 at 02:34
I didn't like too much the last album (sometimes I even find it boring) so an acoustic album sounds like it will be more boring. BTW, does the artwork was done by the same guy who made the artwork of Haggard's "Tales Of Ithiria"?!?
enumaelis - 21.01.2009 at 03:01
Is nuclear blast pushing them to release more stuff now that they are "first division" in folk metal?
I'd prefer they rested a bit, thinking more and coming with the best ideas :S, the last one wasnt so good as the great previous "Spirit"
Visioneerie - 21.01.2009 at 03:30
Written by kayla on 19.01.2009 at 08:32

Folk music is in its primal form acoustic music. Yeah of course, now it's been used in metal, rock and so forth. I don't see what all the complaining is about (not you personally), i find that folk sounds better and more natural with a clean acoustic sound. That's why this album may interest me since i thought Slania was boring and average folk sounding, and the Gothenburg sound ... that shit has to go.
Lehctim - 21.01.2009 at 03:58
If Elvenking can pull off an acoustic album than Eluveitie definitely can.
Black Conundrum - 21.01.2009 at 04:58
I'll look forward to this. This is the third folk metal band I know of that has done an acoustic album recently, the first two being Folkearth and Elvenking.
Promonex - 21.01.2009 at 06:45
Written by enumaelis on 21.01.2009 at 03:01

Obviously Nuclear Blast was pushing them. Which probably is the reason why the band stopped working on the acoustic Evocation I after signing to NB and started writing on Slania. Most of Evocation I was written right after Spirit and is in fact older than anything from Slania. So I guess they had plenty of time to work on and refine this release.
Biddle127 - 21.01.2009 at 13:22
I think i'm looking forward to the acoustic album more
No clue why
Angel_Lament - 21.01.2009 at 14:38
I love acoustic mood folk music , but I didnt understand, did they canceled it???
Newfie_Metal - 21.01.2009 at 18:31
Cool, can't wait.
LeChron James - 21.01.2009 at 19:44
That dude has fuckin ANTLERS! krieg as shit! i mean ACOUSTIC as shit
schwanderen - 21.01.2009 at 21:07
Why the hell are so many people negative about an acoustic release? I know it's "metalstorm" but come'on! Eluveites most interesting parts has always been their acoustic elements and levels, as people say their Gothenburg alone would'nt get them far.
Remember before genre theres the music alone, point being that Eluveite is not only "metal", it's music, so take it from that angle and il sure youl appreciate it more.
Im looking forward to a metalminded group going entirely atmospheric acoustic.
Ernis - 21.01.2009 at 21:10
More Gaulish song texts? Wonderful, I approve....
bard - 24.01.2009 at 01:41
This has very high potential...
Angel_Lament - 28.01.2009 at 13:25
Who are those people with "feat" before their names??
Promonex - 28.01.2009 at 14:24
Written by Angel_Lament on 28.01.2009 at 13:25

Who are those people with "feat" before their names??

Guest musicians. Which is also said in the paragraph before the tracklist.
Angel_Lament - 28.01.2009 at 14:33
Written by Promonex on 28.01.2009 at 14:24

Written by Angel_Lament on 28.01.2009 at 13:25

Who are those people with "feat" before their names??

Guest musicians. Which is also said in the paragraph before the tracklist.

I understand, I just dont know any of them!!!
bard - 28.01.2009 at 20:58
A journey through ancient gaulish mythology, songs exclusively sung in ancient gaulish language, lyrics from 1600 - 2100 years old...I'd buy this even if it wasn't adapted by a plethora of metal musicians.
Fhuesc - 28.01.2009 at 23:53
How the hell the writer knows ancient gaulish, even its pronunciation?
ApocalypticaMax3 - 29.01.2009 at 00:10
I don't see any problem with itbeing an acoustic album, Finntroll made one and it was awesome, I just can't wait to see what Eluveitie can do!
Promonex - 29.01.2009 at 01:33
Written by Angel_Lament on 28.01.2009 at 14:33

Written by Promonex on 28.01.2009 at 14:24

Written by Angel_Lament on 28.01.2009 at 13:25

Who are those people with "feat" before their names??

Guest musicians. Which is also said in the paragraph before the tracklist.

I understand, I just dont know any of them!!!

Nemtheanga: vocalist and mastermind of Irish black/folk metal band Primordial
Oliver S.Tyr: vocalist, multi-instrumentalist and mastermind of German folk band Faun
Fredy Schnyder: multi-instrumentalist and mastermind of Swiss avantgarde folk metal band Nucleus Torn
Sarah Wauquiez: accordionist and former member of Eluveitie, was replaced by Anna Murphy who doesn't play the accordion though
Mina the Fiddler: ex-member of Branâ Keternâ, a Swiss folk band with strong ties to Eluveitie. Among others Eluveitie's frontman Chrigel, their new piper Päde and their former violinist Linda have been part of Branâ at some time in the past.
Black Conundrum - 29.01.2009 at 04:44
Ah, that seems interesting. An ancient language put to present-day music does seem very interesting.
Asitis - 29.01.2009 at 13:29
Written by Fhuesc on 28.01.2009 at 23:53

How the hell the writer knows ancient gaulish, even its pronunciation?

There are still MANY people around who know such things
Part because it'll intrest them, partly because they think it would be cool to speak it xD
Angel_Lament - 29.01.2009 at 14:06
Written by Promonex on 29.01.2009 at 01:33

Written by Angel_Lament on 28.01.2009 at 14:33

Written by Promonex on 28.01.2009 at 14:24

Written by Angel_Lament on 28.01.2009 at 13:25

Who are those people with "feat" before their names??

Guest musicians. Which is also said in the paragraph before the tracklist.

I understand, I just dont know any of them!!!

Nemtheanga: vocalist and mastermind of Irish black/folk metal band Primordial

Thanks a lot for your detailed report!!!
Dominus - 01.02.2009 at 05:22
All Acoustic Songs? :hopeless::hopeless:

News Stratovarius - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date, EP In January 8.5 23.11.2012 by Dinruth
News Ex Deo - Reveal New Album Release Date And Tracklist 8.5 06.03.2012 by K†ulu
News Voices - Reveal New Album Release Date And Tracklist 8.5 09.01.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News As I Lay Dying - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 8.5 23.06.2012 by Darth Mitchell
News Immolation - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 8.5 22.02.2013 by Derelict Earth