Choose one

Slipknot
Nu Metal Sucks
Mushroomhead

Total votes: 68
25.01.2010 - 17:20
soadbyob
Account deleted
These two band play on the "extreme" side of Nu Metal, playing a step heavier than other acts like Korn or Disturbed. Which do you like more. Please keep criticism to a limit, I know that 98% of everyone here hates Nu Metal.
25.01.2010 - 17:20
soadbyob
Account deleted
My vote goes to Slipknot, just personal prefrence
25.01.2010 - 17:33
brapp32
I've always been a big slipknot fan. Mushroomhead had a few ok songs but nothing that I really loved.
25.01.2010 - 18:09
Hamird
Lieutenant
Well I've listened to couple of Mushroomhead songs, or hits, shal we say.. But I really didn't get into it.. But Slipknot is OK, they've got some good songs which I like.. Their very first album for instance, and some other songs from their other albums..
25.01.2010 - 18:18
JD
Account deleted
Well i think i hate Nu Metal but i like slipknot becouse of Joey Jordison
26.01.2010 - 00:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Igo fro SlipKnot because I feel some kind of evolution in their music, the more elaborated lyrics and music in general; and I never really got into Mushroomhead.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.01.2010 - 15:42
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Slipknot, no hesitation. In my Nu metal phase, i used to like almost all Slipknot songs more or less and just one Mushroomhead song, Sun Dosen't Rise.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
26.01.2010 - 16:39
Rupert
Slipknot due to consistency. Mushroomhead's got some really good stuff though.
26.01.2010 - 17:46
thewall30
Slipknot in my opinion is the only band I can stand in Nu-metal... Slipknot got some amazing material out!
----
26.01.2010 - 20:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for ne metal sucks because there is only one slipknot song waht I like and its volverine or what it calls, but generaly even if you pay me money listen both bands I wont do it its boring muisc
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.01.2010 - 20:48
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Both decadent bands, started with a nice Nu/Alternative sound, and now have dive in the pit of the ordinary bands.

Slipknot started powerful, consistant vocals, rap sequences, lots of electronic uses, Joey in the drums supported by two percussionists. Now the band survives on Joey... Corey vocals has decay with the band, he can't screem anymore, the rap/electronic elements who made Slipknot ''Nu'' is now dead. They're just another post-''something'' band.

As for Mushroomhead, through their first 3 albuns (self-titled, Superbuick and M3) the Industrial/alternative looks in the sound were very original. Songs like ''Too Much Nothing'', ''43'', ''Big Brother'' and ''The Wrist'' had the most awesome Industrial cold bizarre atmosphere.
I guess it was in the same time that other Industrial rock bands started to pop-out (GravityKills, Stabbing Westward, ClayPeople, Sister Machine Gun) and must had some influence in Mushroomhead sound.

Unfortunatly, they all suck now. ''All Hope is Gone'' is just a pathetic attemptive to enter deep in the Metal scene, playing a common average Heavy metal, with no extra features whatsoever. Mushroomhead's last effort was even worse...

miss the 90's of these bands

My vote goes to Slipknot, for their perfect nu-metal piece in the Self-titled album.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
29.01.2010 - 20:08
SerratedSyringe
Mushroomhead. In my opinion they have much better lyrics, more musical variety, overall more talent (Bring on the Joey Jordison fanboys.). Slipknot is alright if you're pissed and just want something to vent to I guess, but the emotions captured by Mushroomhead are much deeper. I will admit that their last album was pretty crappy, but at least they tried something new. Each consecutive Slipknot album just sounds like a watered down version of the previous one.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
31.01.2010 - 09:46
Illuminate
Even though I fucking hate many good bands seem to follow the Nu-Metal approuch... Which is sad, these two bands are sick. Slipknot takes my vote, just cause Mushroomhead has more of a Hip Hop feel. And you only ever seen masked band members in the past 10 years after Slipknot did that. But Slipknot as one of my favourite bands, is more and more lossing my vote. Fuck their shit pisses me off since their Iowa release.
03.02.2010 - 14:23
Scourge
My vote goes to Slipknot. they are much heavier than Mushroomhead but Mushroomhead has quite number of good songs. i just like Slipknot better.
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
09.02.2010 - 16:20
BurnInHell
Slipknot, of course, one of the greatest bands in my opinion. I've tried to listen Mushroomhead, but it just doesn't get to me.
23.02.2010 - 18:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Definetly slipknot its just... better...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.02.2010 - 00:12
regallmigthy
Slipknots great drums really make the huge differece in this debate, and cory talor is a great singer. I do have to say there new album was a huge nosedive
25.02.2010 - 00:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I really like Slipknot. I havent heard Mushroomhead, (I think I did once years ago, but cant remember what it sounded like!) so I cant give an answer though!

I will check out some of their stuff, and then I will come back to this thread.
06.03.2010 - 02:33
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Slipknot for sure Mushroomhead is alright but there not even close to Slipknot
06.03.2010 - 04:23
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Slipknot is a very annoying band for me. I hate the vocalist and the rest of the band just sounds like all they know how to do is write generic songs or masturbate their instruments and call it "aggressive". Mushroomhead on the other hand actually make some interesting music from time to time.
22.04.2010 - 12:09
Kennoth
I'd for for Slipknot, never really liked Mushroomhead, except their awesome song called Simple Survival.

And I wouldn't agree that their sound is more extreme than Korn's or Disturbed ones btw.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
22.04.2010 - 19:59
SerratedSyringe
Written by Kennoth on 22.04.2010 at 12:09

I'd for for Slipknot, never really liked Mushroomhead, except their awesome song called Simple Survival.

And I wouldn't agree that their sound is more extreme than Korn's or Disturbed ones btw.

If you haven't done so, I would recommend you listen to Mushroomhead's XX album. Bwomp and Xeroxed are extremely heavy.
----
22.04.2010 - 20:45
Kennoth
Well....so are Korn and Life is Peachy. I might do that one day, but I have a lot of albums I still haven't listened to. Savior Sorrow was a disappointment.
----
23.04.2010 - 18:10
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 26.01.2010 at 15:42

Slipknot, no hesitation. In my Nu metal phase, i used to like almost all Slipknot songs more or less and just one Mushroomhead song, Sun Dosen't Rise.

yeah i only like dun doesn't rise too
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.04.2010 - 18:59
SerratedSyringe
Written by Kennoth on 22.04.2010 at 20:45

Savior Sorrow was a disappointment.

Yes, but unfortunately many people judge them solely on that album.
----
27.04.2010 - 19:06
I like Slipknot and Mushroomhead but slipknot is better because they're heavier. Granted I can't wait until the new Mushroomhead album comes out.
28.04.2010 - 00:13
Kennoth
Written by SerratedSyringe on 27.04.2010 at 18:59

Usually, when I like a song so much (such as Simple Survival), it's naturally to assume that the whole album would have similar style, and that I'd like something else too, right? Well, wrong, and they're not the first band to disappoint me in that way too.

If you think you can throw in some good recommendations, I'm always open to hear them.
----
28.04.2010 - 01:17
SerratedSyringe
Written by Kennoth on 28.04.2010 at 00:13

Written by SerratedSyringe on 27.04.2010 at 18:59

Usually, when I like a song so much (such as Simple Survival), it's naturally to assume that the whole album would have similar style, and that I'd like something else too, right? Well, wrong, and they're not the first band to disappoint me in that way too.

If you think you can throw in some good recommendations, I'm always open to hear them.

Like I said before, deffinately check out the songs Bwomp and Xeroxed. Never Let It Go is also a really good track imo.
----
23.06.2010 - 12:50
mtlhd-fckr
Mushroomhead is better.But I love very much both bands.Motograter is better than Mushroomhead and Slipknot.
23.06.2010 - 14:07
vezzy
Stallmanite
I'm not big on nu metal at all, but I prefer Mushroomhead over Slipknot. I find them to be better, musically.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.