Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
14.11.2010 - 01:45
Vombatus
Potorro
Just came from the Therion show in Madrid...

Setlist was a big mix of everything (no death metal as usual) and from the new one they played the ones I consider to be the best ones: Kali Yuka p.3, Hellequin, Unguent and tilte track. All classics came on and everything, so nothing to complain about, I was a happy kid (even got a drum stick at the end hehe)

Stage acting was indeed great, very opera like with superb synergy between the 4 vocalists. Something to witness at least once in your metal-life (oh, and Lori was hotter than I thought, gorgeous chick hahahaha)

Only thing that was a bit annoying was the crowd... With a few typical filthy bastards more concerned of getting on first row than listening and lots of retards going "hey! hey!hey!hey!" during the solos and cool bridges like the one on Blood of Kingu. Or simply trying to sing but just go "na-na-naaaa, eh... na? nahhh" coz they didn't know the damn lyrics. I know it's something usual in gigs, and most of the time i don't give a flying fuck, but strangely there was way to much of this shit in the madrid crowd... Fuck them and hope they F.O.A.D next time !

This said, it was a great night and big hail to Therion coz they are incredible live !
18.11.2010 - 17:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Black Anvil
kinda meh

Goatwhore
This was my second time seeing them, and they sounded about the same as last time, but with a worse set list. They didn't wear any armor this time, however, and they really need a second gutiarist, but it was still cool.

Watain
Again, this was my second time seeing them, but this time the venue was completely packed. I was a little too drunk, and even though my friend said it was one of the best performances he's ever seen, I enjoyed them more last time. They brought pig heads on stage, and the entire place reeked of formaldehyde. Erik also oozed pig's blood from his mouth, which was pretty brutal. I talked to him and their guitarist, and they're both nice - I was just happy that I noticed me being taller than Erik I ended up leaving after only a few songs.
27.11.2010 - 19:20
Vombatus
Potorro
Tierra Santa presenting their new album "Caminos de Fuego".
Was a decent show of quality power metal (no flower here), probably best one in spain.... Setlist was good, only "dracula" was missing. Crowd was stupid, yet again
27.11.2010 - 21:35
Wyrd
I saw Blind Guardian at the Kool Haus in Toronto, and it was amazing!!!!

The first opener called Seven Kingdoms was pretty good aswell, though Holy Grail was kinda shitty, IMO
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
30.11.2010 - 02:41
Endoftherainbow
Blind Guardian at the Kool Haus as well, it was my second time seeing them the first time the crowd was much better but it was also a much more intimate venue. either way though this was my second favorite show ever nothing compares to blind guardian live.
07.12.2010 - 04:48
Guib
Thrash Talker
Yesterday I saw few bands from CA at the Ottawa Maverick's it was crazy I've seen My Fatality, Insurection and Kataklysm they gave a great performance !
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
07.12.2010 - 08:04
sunsofsorath
Enslaved Dimmu!!!

And if you like them you might like our band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfYk7pclfqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFz0W32O_7A
17.12.2010 - 01:47
bandido
Thrashfest! Last Monday I saw Death Angel, Suicidal Angels, EXODUS and KREATOR!
I guess I don't have to tell you how freaking sick it was!
----
"Rockin' every single piece of metal..."
26.02.2011 - 21:33
Black Label Society, Children of Bodom and Clutch. Clutch sucked but the other two kicked ass
----
Evil Dreams
22.03.2011 - 18:35
Rebel Monster
Megadeth & Slayer

But only saw 30 minutes of slayer ... stupid public transportation
----
Bad English :p
22.03.2011 - 18:42
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I think the last one was Anathema a couple of months ago. It was amazing. They played for over 2 hours and I wish it had been more!

This year is also looking good so far.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.03.2011 - 23:07
Abattoir
Staff
Bonded By Blood + Lazarus A.D.

Well, pretty solid performance by both bands...very short sets though (I think it was about 1h 15 min all together), for which I don't blame them. However this was and probably will be the event with the smallest crowd ever I have attended...I think there were about 37, no I'm wrong 38 people including both groups and the barkeeper. Quite akward situation...
24.03.2011 - 05:21
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Bonded by Blood, Lazarus A.D, Evile, Death Angel, and D.R.I. Killer show, nothing better than a night of thrashing. I lost my cellphone in the pit though... But I got a Death Angel pick, so it's all worth it
24.03.2011 - 09:52
rudski
Metallica
1.That Was Just Your Life
2.Cyanide
3.Ride the Lightning
4.Through The Never
5.Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6.The God That Failed
7.My Apocalypse
8.Sad But True
9.No Leaf Clover
10.The Outlaw Torn
11.One
12.Master of Puppets
13.Dyers Eve
14.Nothing Else Matters
15.Enter Sandman
Encore:
16.Stone Cold Crazy /Suicide & Redemption
17.Phantom Lord
18.Seek & Destroy

Lamb Of God
Baroness

Melbourne November 21
26.03.2011 - 17:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Last night I went to Moita Metal Fest. It was a fun evening. The fest continues today but it's not as interesting for me so I'll pass.

Mostly Portuguese bands. Best shows were Seven Stitches, Ava Inferi and Angelus Apatrida, which was a total thrash blast. I didn't know Seven Stitches, it seems they released their first album last year, but they had a lot of energy and got the crowd going for the first time. I think they have potential. Ava Inferi is more of an established band at this point. They played really well, I liked their set, particularly the song "Onyx" from their new album and also "Blood of Bacchus". It was an enjoyable and entertaining show as far as they are concerned. They seemed a lot more experienced and secure in terms of their musical performance. As for Angelus Apatrida, they rocked the place. Mosh pits, circle pits, walls of death, it was fun. Nothing particularly new or original in their sound but they put on a good show. There was a small crowd but we still got the party going and enjoyed it.

These fests are always great to get to know some bands. Moita Fest is known for giving an opportunity to Portuguese bands and that's very commendable. 8 years in a row promoting Portuguese bands is amazing.

We're also bringing foreign acts here and there, Dew-Scented last year and Angelus Apatrida this year.

A note for the other bands who played, Mourning Lenore and Machinergy. When they started playing, the people were still starting to come to the venue, so I think that hurt their performances a little bit. Machinergy sounded like something I don't wanna explore much even though they had conviction and Mourning Lenore didn't impress me that much, although I had liked the samples I heard from their work. Or maybe it just didn't click for me. I think they could've done better.

Overall, I think I'll have good memories of this one.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.04.2011 - 15:31
Abattoir
Staff
Went to see Epica few days ago and it was quite an epic show as expected Performance was perfectly executed, setlist was pretty good, but it could be better. I missed one or two more songs from The Divine Conspiracy....however it's interesting that they haven't played anything from The Score (which actually isn't so surprising after all).

Well, here's the full setlist of this concert:

01. Samadhi (Prelude)
02. Resign To Surrender
03. Sensorium
04. Quietus
05. Unleashed
06. Martyr of the Free World
07. The Obsessive Devotion
08. Imperial March
09. Tides of Time
10. Blank Infinity
11. Seif Al Din
12. Consign To Oblivion

13. Sancta Terra
14. Cry For The Moon
15. The Phantom Agony
06.04.2011 - 01:58
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Dead Sea, Worm Oroborus (or however the fuck its spelled), some shit band, and Agalloch - Cleveland

Dead Sea: Crazy ass band from Columbus, OH. Sat with a couple of their friends at the bar and they seemed alright so I decided to peel myself away from my booze to see them. And holy shit did they put on one hell of a set. As I was pretty drunk at this point I dont remember a lot of specifics other than they fucking slayed.

The other two openers sucked. Especially since Dead Sea killed it.

Agalloch: I probally dont need to say this but I will: Agalloch is fucking awesome. Hands down the best show I've seen. The band was spot on and brought the roof down. The only complaint is that fuck knows when (if ever) they come to cleveland, and I would have died a happy man if they had played "Not Unlike the Waves"
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
06.04.2011 - 04:20
MetalSpider
Going to see Nevermore and Symphony X this month in Toronto. It'll be the first concert I go to in at least 2-3 years. And thats assuming I can actually make it...I have the tickets.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.04.2011 - 07:05
Yasmine
Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 04:20

Going to see Nevermore and Symphony X this month in Toronto. It'll be the first concert I go to in at least 2-3 years. And thats assuming I can actually make it...I have the tickets.

I wanna go! haha, I will probably get to plenty this summer, but with surgery, aye might be hard.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
06.04.2011 - 07:47
MetalSpider
Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 07:05

I wanna go! haha, I will probably get to plenty this summer, but with surgery, aye might be hard.

You can come! lol...Im actually going with my little sis (only a year younger than me). Normally I don't go to concerts because I hate going alone. And most of my friends are not metalheads so they wont go to most of the concerts I'd want to go to. Although I probably could have invited one of my buddies, but I think my sister is a bigger fan of Nevermore and Symphony X anyways.

Well hopefully your surgery doesn't prevent you from going to concerts! That would suck.
----

06.04.2011 - 08:03
Yasmine
Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 07:47

You can come! lol...Im actually going with my little sis (only a year younger than me). Normally I don't go to concerts because I hate going alone. And most of my friends are not metalheads so they wont go to most of the concerts I'd want to go to. Although I probably could have invited one of my buddies, but I think my sister is a bigger fan of Nevermore and Symphony X anyways.

Well hopefully your surgery doesn't prevent you from going to concerts! That would suck.

It might a couple, but not later in the year it won't!!!!!

I would totally go if I was in your area, and I hate going alone. Too many creepy teenage boys feeling me up. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
06.04.2011 - 08:39
MetalSpider
Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 08:03

I would totally go if I was in your area, and I hate going alone. Too many creepy teenage boys feeling me up. lol

Aw thanks I just feel weird going to a concert alone. I've done it before...and while it was a great concert, I think it would have been even better with a friend. And yeah, a lot of creeps out there lol. But as a guy, I don't have to worry about that lol.
----

06.04.2011 - 09:05
Yasmine
Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 08:39

Aw thanks I just feel weird going to a concert alone. I've done it before...and while it was a great concert, I think it would have been even better with a friend. And yeah, a lot of creeps out there lol. But as a guy, I don't have to worry about that lol.

Never know, if the dude is hot enough I might do a lil ass slappin'. lol Jk jk.
----
06.04.2011 - 17:07
MetalSpider
Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 09:05

Well if I went to a concert alone and it was a good looking woman "harassing" me...then I'd probably allow it and go with the flow lol
----

06.04.2011 - 17:19
Yasmine
Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 17:07

Well if I went to a concert alone and it was a good looking woman "harassing" me...then I'd probably allow it and go with the flow lol

hahahahahaha! Go with the flow it is!
----
06.04.2011 - 17:29
MetalSpider
Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 17:19

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 17:07

hahahahahaha! Go with the flow it is!

lol ...good, we are in agreement. Going with the flow...is the way to go!
----

10.04.2011 - 18:03
Abattoir
Staff
God Is An Astrounaut

I definitely couldn't miss this one. And it was worth it of course....amazing dreamy melodies, dynamic songs, ambient vocals and everything else for a perfect winning evening.
12.04.2011 - 07:24
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I went to some punk concert last weekend. Don't even remember what the bands were, I just went because I was bored as hell. The concert just made me more bored.
17.04.2011 - 21:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Four days of sensory overload at Roadburn and there I saw (not all sets completely due to overlaps and socializing)

Alcest (boring crap, still don't understand the hype surrounding them)
Year Of Light
Acid King
Zoroaster
Winterfylleth
Blood Farmers
Pentagram
In Solitude
Count Raven
Year Of No Light Vampyr Soundtrack
Place Of Skulls
Winter
Beaver
C.O.C.
Hooded Menace
Grave Miasma
Caspar Brotzmann Massaker
Candlemass (the part with Rob Lowe on vocals was bad due to Lowe reading them from pieces of paper on the floor. But Epicus Doomicus Metallicus done with Johan Lanquits on vocals and Don't Fear The Reaper and Darkness In Paradise as vocal battle between Lanquist and Lowe were total awesomeness and the highlight of Roadburn for me)
Weedeater
Evoken
Voivod
Shrinebuilder
Yakuza
The Gates Of Slumber
Blood Farmers
Coffins
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)