Metal Storm logo
The Car Thread

Original post

Posted by Remus, 16.08.2007 - 22:55
Ok, so i looked for a car thread and found nothing. So here it is. (if there actually is another one i haven't seen, well, then the "search" feature sucks, or i'm just a pooh pooh!).

So you can talk about what brands you like, if you own a car, describe it and just talk about anything related to cars.

Post away petrol/metal-heads!
06.12.2007 - 17:42
Bash'
:)
Written by iMPERiAL_iCE on 29.11.2007 at 18:10

I used to drive a Mazda 3 2007, well but God didn't want me to keep it so I had an accident in which the car was crushed like a pie....
I had 2 broken ribs and lotsa other minor injuries, two of my friends were with me, one got her leg broken and the other one who was actually my best friend died in this accident......
and all that coz of a stupid guy who stood in front of me while I was high-speeding....

ooh was that in Syria? that is too bad indeed ... I can't understand it how these people stand in front cars carelessly... that get's on my nerves the most when there is a bridge to pass through it but they prefer to annoy cars... :S

Written by b0000mst1ck on 04.12.2007 at 04:29

if anyone's interested in seeing pictures let me know and i can take a few for posting. the only ones i have right now i took with my cell phone, so they aren't the greatest.

Why not let's see! I am interested to see
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
08.12.2007 - 16:22
Remus

like i said, not too fast, but no one can keep up with me through bends.

Except for the RWD and AWD folks!

Nah, just joking man, the sentras are quite hot. Go ahead and post some pics!
Btw, what exactly is and engine damper, what does it do?

P.S Nice sig! Gotta love Tarot!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
08.12.2007 - 20:49
b0000mst1ck
Written by Remus on 08.12.2007 at 16:22

like i said, not too fast, but no one can keep up with me through bends.

Except for the RWD and AWD folks!

Nah, just joking man, the sentras are quite hot. Go ahead and post some pics!
Btw, what exactly is and engine damper, what does it do?

P.S Nice sig! Gotta love Tarot!

haha, true.

an engine damper is a rod that bolts to the back of the engine and the firewall. it limits the engine from rocking, and when you have that installed it causes the engine to push more power to the wheels. it's a wonderful little piece of steel.

a spec-v w/o the damper - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yxa8o0Kq83c
a spec-v w/the damper - http://youtube.com/watch?v=lC4Dr_Mr2gY

and i'll post pics in the next few days for you guys. i'd take some today, but it's been snowing for three days and my car's REALLY dirty...lol. let me get it washed and i'll post a few.
09.12.2007 - 01:38
Lord TJ
I got a 2002 Saturn SC series today at an auction, went for $3700. Just needs new exhaust system and its good to go!

Is this a decent car?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
09.12.2007 - 04:04
b0000mst1ck
Written by Lord TJ on 09.12.2007 at 01:38

I got a 2002 Saturn SC series today at an auction, went for $3700. Just needs new exhaust system and its good to go!

Is this a decent car?

one of my friends used to drive a saturn. he bought it brand new and drove it well over 200k miles without ever having to replace anything major. so i'd say yes, it's a decent car. plus they're easy to modify.

did you get an SC or an SC2?
09.12.2007 - 05:17
Lord TJ
I got the SC series
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

09.12.2007 - 05:45
b0000mst1ck
i'd say you got it for a good price. the SC2 was the next highest trim model, but their sunroofs were crap. if the motor wasn't blown then it was leaking, or worse.

anyway, that's why i asked. enjoy!
09.12.2007 - 17:47
Remus
Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.12.2007 at 20:49

an engine damper is a rod that bolts to the back of the engine and the firewall. it limits the engine from rocking, and when you have that installed it causes the engine to push more power to the wheels. it's a wonderful little piece of steel.

Oh, i read about those, but i thought they were used to reduce NVH levels. Maybe i'm mistaking them for counter-rotating balance shafts... Well, if it gives you more power that's all that counts.

Don't take too long with those pics now, you hear? I'll try to take some of my baby and post them as well. Then we'll have two MSers driving Nissans.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
09.12.2007 - 22:10
b0000mst1ck
Written by Remus on 09.12.2007 at 17:47

Written by b0000mst1ck on 08.12.2007 at 20:49

Oh, i read about those, but i thought they were used to reduce NVH levels. Maybe i'm mistaking them for counter-rotating balance shafts... Well, if it gives you more power that's all that counts.

Don't take too long with those pics now, you hear? I'll try to take some of my baby and post them as well. Then we'll have two MSers driving Nissans.

lol, beats me. i only bought it after seeing those videos on youtube. if you ask me, NO engine should rock like that. eliminate the rock, and the power should distribute to another part of the vehicle. i'll tell you one thing, once i put it on i was amazed at how much quicker my car accelerates.

and don't worry, i'll have those pictures up no later than wednesday.

p.s. - house music is a J-O-K-E.
11.12.2007 - 23:06
b0000mst1ck
here you go. sorry about the quality of the pictures, but my dad had the camera with him at work and i decided to use my phone.

13.12.2007 - 00:24
Remus
^Nice!

But is the front bumper standard? Also, did you take off the Nissan badge up front?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
13.12.2007 - 11:09
b0000mst1ck
Written by Remus on 13.12.2007 at 00:24

^Nice!

But is the front bumper standard? Also, did you take off the Nissan badge up front?

thanks. the front bumper is standard for a spec-v, although i did remove the nissan emblem/grill and replaced it with a custom one. that car runs EXTREMELY hot, so i needed a grill that would allow more air to reach the engine, etc.

besides, that gives it the "get the fuck out of my way, i'm an asshole" look...which i like.
13.12.2007 - 20:18
Lord TJ
So my car is getting fixed. When I would drive this sound would come up and get louder the faster I go, when I would turn my wheel right the sound would go away, but any other direction it would still sound. My dad though it was something to do with my exhaust system, like a hole in it or something which I thought wouldnt have anything to do with it. Turned out to be a bad wheel bearing.
----

14.12.2007 - 01:10
b0000mst1ck
Written by Lord TJ on 13.12.2007 at 20:18

So my car is getting fixed. When I would drive this sound would come up and get louder the faster I go, when I would turn my wheel right the sound would go away, but any other direction it would still sound. My dad though it was something to do with my exhaust system, like a hole in it or something which I thought wouldnt have anything to do with it. Turned out to be a bad wheel bearing.

yeah, thats a lot cheaper of a problem than having something wrong with the exhaust.
04.02.2008 - 00:51
Remus
Ok, here's my baby! '98 Nissan Maxima 2.0l QX V6, manual, dark and msterious metallic blue. 132 000 kms on her, but she purrs like a, well, purring feline.

----
Procrastinate, NOW!
05.02.2008 - 16:37
Ernis
狼獾
I knew a person who liked cars and street racing....and he also thought it'd be cool if he'd kill people on the street... "I'm in the car...I'll be safe...and even if my car will be covered with blood then I can always take it to car-wash : ) "

For possible street-racing fans....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEDjfxzec0Q

If you can't access the link above, then try this one http://carsguru.ru/news/1919/view.html
14.03.2008 - 13:51
Lord TJ
Heres a riddle for you guys:

Why did the deer cross the road?

Because the deer thought it would be funny if I ran into him.

Stupid deer...

lol I was driving my girlfriend back to her house, and I saw shadowy figures, I thought it was just me seeing things so I slowed down, then all of the sudden I see this deer ahead, she looks at me and I can read the expression on the deers face, "Oh shit". Then I really hit on the breaks but I still hit her. Somehow it broke my gas line too.
----

14.03.2008 - 13:58
Stalker
Lone wanderer
@TJ... Oh... Youve been lucky, Ive seen even dogs could total your front side on a greater speeds...

Damn, I almost got killed last saturday, the dude in front of me started to drive left-right-left0right, and finally turned by 180 degrees, flashed his lights in me, and remained on the middle of the road... I turned right and managed to drive by him, luckily, it was some 200-300 meters after the bridge, if it was on bridge i wouldnt have skipped him, and I would totally crash into him.... stupid drunk idiot....
----
15.03.2008 - 13:59
b0000mst1ck
yeah, that is pretty lucky. at least it's only the quarter panel and not the hood, bumper, headlight, quarter panel, windshield, a person's life...

i've seen raccoons destroy the whole front end of a car before. if someone hits an animal at the right angle and speed it could cause a lot of damage. especially if you have a car that isn't solid like a saturn.
18.03.2008 - 23:44
b0000mst1ck
does someone know anything about idle air control units? i guess a piece of carbon broke off and got stuck in mine over the weekend, and i'll possibly have to remove the part and clean it. i bought a can of sea foam and dumped it into my gas tank yesterday with the hope of that doing the trick, although with my luck i'll probably end up having to take out the part anyway.

i'm just wondering if it's difficult to get to, and how much of a hassle it is to clean the thing. anyone? bueller... bueller...
22.03.2008 - 16:02
Remus
^ Sorry amigo, don't know what an "air control unit" is, let alone how to fix one. 'Know theory 'bout cars, but actually popping the hood and fixing something, well, i'll leave dat to the nissan mechanics.

Anyway, i hope fixing your problem doesn't prove to be too costly!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
22.03.2008 - 16:35
b0000mst1ck
Written by Remus on 22.03.2008 at 16:02

^ Sorry amigo, don't know what an "air control unit" is, let alone how to fix one. 'Know theory 'bout cars, but actually popping the hood and fixing something, well, i'll leave dat to the nissan mechanics.

Anyway, i hope fixing your problem doesn't prove to be too costly!

well, it ended up being inexpensive as hell. that sea foam did the trick, i suppose. it's been a week since i dumped it into my gas tank and cleared the computer code (which hasn't tripped again), so i'm guessing that solved the problem.

let's just hope my mentioning it doesn't jinx me.
21.05.2008 - 03:33
Lord TJ
This could be a stupid question, but can your cars oil make a difference on gas consumption? I need an oil change soon and I was wondering if my car would do better on gas if I did.
----

21.05.2008 - 05:08
b0000mst1ck
Written by Lord TJ on 21.05.2008 at 03:33

This could be a stupid question, but can your cars oil make a difference on gas consumption? I need an oil change soon and I was wondering if my car would do better on gas if I did.

yeah, it does. you won't notice a huge difference, but it at least adds a 2 or 3 miles per gallon (maybe more depending on overall mileage, engine type/size, etc.).
31.05.2008 - 11:11
Reborn Nemesis
I got my license about 3 months ago... I cars!

for now I'm driving Fiat Brava 1.4 from '99
[] - this is not mine, but the one i have is exactly the same

my dream cars include: Fiat Coupe, Mazda RX8, Toyota Celica, Lotus Elise & Ferrari Testarossa

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about cars, how everything works, etc. so if anyone has any good advice or anything I'd be glad to hear
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
01.06.2008 - 22:45
Remus
Written by Reborn Nemesis on 31.05.2008 at 11:11

I got my license about 3 months ago... I cars!

my dream cars include: Fiat Coupe, Mazda RX8, Toyota Celica, Lotus Elise & Ferrari Testarossa

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about cars, how everything works, etc. so if anyone has any good advice or anything I'd be glad to hear

Well congrats on getting your licence. You are quite fortunate to own a car in europe, not to mention a relatively new one! How do you like it? Is it a manual?

I like your taste in cars, the first three you mentioned are sporty yet practical in the same time. I have had a chance to drive the Mazda you mentioned and it was totally killer! Smooth power delivery and "entertaining" handling. Quite sexy as well!

If you wish to learn about cars then wikipedia is your friend, still if you want to know anything in particular ask away!
My knowledge of cars isn't THAT wide but with the help of harbinger and Bitter Dawn i think we'll be able to answer any of your questions! A courageous statement indeed .

P.S.
It's so refreshing to see a chick that's into cars!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
03.06.2008 - 00:47
Reborn Nemesis
Written by Remus on 01.06.2008 at 22:45

Well congrats on getting your licence. You are quite fortunate to own a car in europe, not to mention a relatively new one! How do you like it? Is it a manual?

I like your taste in cars, the first three you mentioned are sporty yet practical in the same time. I have had a chance to drive the Mazda you mentioned and it was totally killer! Smooth power delivery and "entertaining" handling. Quite sexy as well!

If you wish to learn about cars then wikipedia is your friend, still if you want to know anything in particular ask away!
My knowledge of cars isn't THAT wide but with the help of harbinger and Bitter Dawn i think we'll be able to answer any of your questions! A courageous statement indeed .

P.S.
It's so refreshing to see a chick that's into cars!

well, my parents bought themselves a new car (Suzuki SX4) so there was no reason why I shouldn't get this one since I'm such a good daughter
yeah, it's manual... I love it, it's really comfortable & enjoyable to drive... us girls get along just fine

A friend of mine drove that Mazda as well, and for now I've heard nothing but praise for that car... I'm quite fond of Japanese cars in general, hope to have one of those someday...

Wikipedia's everyone's friend for everything lol, but I did find some croatian website which seems trustworthy. I guess it'll be easier to learn if I'm dealing with the terms I'm already familiar with, after all it's my mother tongue. And then I'll move on to expanding my english vocabulary...
Thanks for the offer, don't mind if I do find some tricky question for you guys hehe
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
03.06.2008 - 01:03
Baz Anderson
Staff
I guess I am car-hunting in a way at the moment.
I am really looking for a mini though, either new or old - but if I went for an old mini I would want to make sure it was reasonably reliable - and I don't know just how sure you can be with them now.
03.06.2008 - 08:59
b0000mst1ck
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.06.2008 at 01:03

I guess I am car-hunting in a way at the moment.
I am really looking for a mini though, either new or old - but if I went for an old mini I would want to make sure it was reasonably reliable - and I don't know just how sure you can be with them now.

check out http://www.edmunds.com if you want to know how reliable they are. they do road tests (with most cars) and abuse them to see how they hold up in extreme situations.
03.06.2008 - 14:42
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by b0000mst1ck on 03.06.2008 at 08:59

check out http://www.edmunds.com if you want to know how reliable they are. they do road tests (with most cars) and abuse them to see how they hold up in extreme situations.

this site keeps asking for a "Zip Code" - I can't enter one they want, not being American and all.. so I can't see anything on there