Metal Storm logo
Our new generation of "Metal Heads"

Original post

Posted by BrokenKnuckles, 21.02.2011 - 15:05
I havent been to a concert in a few years. I went last night to see Whitechapel and I couldnt help but notice all the preteen kids that are at the show. Non of them are paying attention to the bands. They all look like gothic Justin Beibers, way too much makeup, jewerly, drinking Monster enery drinks like its the coolest thing ever. When I was under 21 going to shows I went to see the fucking band and drink WATER because I was rocking in the pit. Anyone else notice this chain of mutants?
19.06.2011 - 19:08
HEY!!! eventually deathcore will die off like every other shitty trend and soon blackcore will come along. . . . . I'd better prepare for this travesty to arrive. That is unless blackcore exists in some obscure way already.
19.06.2011 - 19:22
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by MesiasDesmorphus on 19.06.2011 at 19:08

HEY!!! eventually deathcore will die off like every other shitty trend and soon blackcore will come along. . . . . I'd better prepare for this travesty to arrive. That is unless blackcore exists in some obscure way already.

Hipsters are already trying to take over black metal...
19.06.2011 - 19:26
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=115335] on 19.06.2011 at 19:22

they wish...even them are staying away from it...Bm is too underground even for hipsters
And i am glad for that....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
19.06.2011 - 19:30
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 19.06.2011 at 19:26

they wish...even them are staying away from it...Bm is too underground even for hipsters

19.06.2011 - 20:15
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=115335] on 19.06.2011 at 19:30

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 19.06.2011 at 19:26

what the fuck!? i mean WHAT THE FUCK????!!!! damn hipsters.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
19.06.2011 - 23:15
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Once I saw a bunch of mallcore hipsters wearing Underoath and Bullet For My Valentine shirts to a Behemoth show. But considering there were four opening acts, and the first two were deathcore bands then I guess that can be expected, especially if they were there to see those bands specifically.

I've only been to a couple shows and the only time I really saw a bad case of "mallcore hipsters" was at that Behemoth show. When I saw Slayer/Megadeth/Testament, mostly it was just some pretty normal people save for some guy's girlfriend wearing a Nickleback shirt. Although the Rammstein show I saw did have some pretty fucked up looking goths there. But some of it was actually pretty cool, I mean the whole goth look isn't really for me but they had an interesting thing going on. But I hate the whole hipster fashion thing. I understand they have their right to wear whatever they want and they probably don't care what other people think, but I just find it to be a chore not to shout homophobic obscenities at them. But I won't get butthurt, hipster is pretty much the emo of this decade and it'll die out just like that did.

Personally the only thing I ever go out of my way to wear when going to shows is a band t-shirt, preferably a suitable one to what band I'm going to see. If I don't have a suitable one, then I'll just wear whatever. I'd probably only go all out with my get-up if I was performing. It'd be pretty fun to rock out wearing spikes and shit like that.
20.06.2011 - 05:08
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well Ive just been to Rock Fest in a town called Montebello in CA near my hometown its the biggest festival we got in my small region of ''Outaouais'' and there was unfortunately bands like Underoath -_- but yeah anyways at least Kataklysm, Insurrection and Lamb were there ... not too many hipsters I must say but like I said in the past maybe I've been lucky once more or im just too much in my bubble to even notice them.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.06.2011 - 05:53
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by [user id=115335] on 19.06.2011 at 19:30
*br00tal people*

That Mayhem kid always makes me smile.

And if you haven't seen this, here you go. "Black metal is like very creative, and is like a very destructive force, and the only way to deal with the void and the flux of chaos is to afirm it" True story.

And the guys manifesto http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2010/03/08/not-fit-to-print-transcendental-metal/

Here is a diagram of the genre of transcendental black metal.

Wtf mate?
20.06.2011 - 11:19
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Written by [user id=111774] on 20.06.2011 at 05:53

Wtf mate?

Its like: "Screw philosophy and religion, our band offers true meaning to life in all of its forms, and we don't blast beat ( that's so non-transcendental ), we burst beat"

Wtf comes after "transcendental" black metal? Maybe "Pythagorean" power metal, or "Classic German Idealism" black metal...
20.06.2011 - 13:33
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=112141] on 20.06.2011 at 11:19

Written by [user id=111774] on 20.06.2011 at 05:53

Wtf mate?

Its like: "Screw philosophy and religion, our band offers true meaning to life in all of its forms, and we don't blast beat ( that's so non-transcendental ), we burst beat"

Wtf comes after "transcendental" black metal? Maybe "Pythagorean" power metal, or "Classic German Idealism" black metal...

fuck them hipsters anyway....ruining my childhood ....damn ....
----
20.06.2011 - 13:56
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
I wear suit and tie to work. So, according to some people here I'm not allowed to listen to extreme metal?
20.06.2011 - 14:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Daniell on 20.06.2011 at 13:56

I wear suit and tie to work. So, according to some people here I'm not allowed to listen to extreme metal?

GTFO noob

Seriously, I dress like Michael Cera. You mad, elitists?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.06.2011 - 14:06
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.06.2011 at 14:00

GTFO noob

Who''s that.
20.06.2011 - 14:27
ANGEL REAPER
"i dont give a fuck what you wear...i dont give the fuck what you listen...as long as you make the job done..."
that is an immortal words of my summertime job's boss....
----
20.06.2011 - 14:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Daniell on 20.06.2011 at 14:06

Who''s that.

Basically that, only ditch the guitar and put on some headphones blasting the latest Mitochondrion album or what have you.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.06.2011 - 15:01
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
That is some admirable dressing style! I wanna look like Michael Cera!

Fun fact: "cera" means "complexion" in Polish
20.06.2011 - 15:14
Yavanna
I don't believe the way you dress means that you are "true" or not. I have to use uniform at my job, and anyway I use "common" clothing in the rest of the day. When I was about 14-16 years old I used to wear only black, use a lot of spikes, and black make-up. . I needed to show the world that I was "true" and all of that, but anyway, when I got my first job (at 16 yo) I just had to give up the whole black image, and I found out that the clothes you wear mean nothing afterall.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
20.06.2011 - 15:55
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Yavanna on 20.06.2011 at 15:14

I don't believe the way you dress means that you are "true" or not.

Definitely. I only occasionaly wear a band t shirt, I cut my hear short years ago too. There was a phase in my early teens, just getting into metal when I cared more about the look than the music. Metal to me, is more than looking a certain way. No one can tell just by looking at me that i'm into metal. Plus after coming out of my trve phase, I discovered other types of music.
20.06.2011 - 15:57
Warman
Erotic Stains

I don't believe the way you dress means that you are "true" or not. I have to use uniform at my job, and anyway I use "common" clothing in the rest of the day. When I was about 14-16 years old I used to wear only black, use a lot of spikes, and black make-up. . I needed to show the world that I was "true" and all of that, but anyway, when I got my first job (at 16 yo) I just had to give up the whole black image, and I found out that the clothes you wear mean nothing afterall.

I was the same. From when I was 11 to like 18 maybe, I always wore my spikes, inverted crosses, sigils of Baphomet, metal t-shirts, patched denim jackets and stuff like that. Didn't matter how hot or cold it was outside, I had show the world just how Metal I thought I was.

Today I wear the most ordinary clothes there is, seldom anything of the mentioned above.
----
20.06.2011 - 15:57
Yavanna
Written by [user id=115335] on 20.06.2011 at 15:55

I don't believe the way you dress means that you are "true" or not.

Definitely. I only occasionaly wear a band t shirt, I cut my hear short years ago too. There was a phase in my early teens, just getting into metal when I care more about the look than the music. Metal to me, is more than looking a certain way. No one can tell just by looking at me that i'm into metal. Plus after coming out of my trve phase, I discovered other types of music.

I have found out more folk after leaving the total black look... anyway my wardrobe is still mostly black. Now I am more true to myself then to the outside world.
----
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
20.06.2011 - 16:10
Yavanna
Written by Warman on 20.06.2011 at 15:57

I was the same. From when I was 11 to like 18 maybe, I always wore my spikes, inverted crosses, sigils of Baphomet, metal t-shirts, patched denim jackets and stuff like that. Didn't matter how hot or cold it was outside, I had show the world just how Metal I thought I was.

Today I wear the most ordinary clothes there is, seldom anything of the mentioned above.

So why people in this post are so worried with the "new Metalheads" all of us have been just kids for some years and the we grew up and left the superficial thing behind.
----
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
20.06.2011 - 16:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Ive never thought you need to dress or act a certain way to be "metal". As long as you genuinely love the music, that should be all that matters. How you look shouldn't come into it.

What I do find strangely ironic is the black, leather and studs look that metal is most famous for, was taken from the gay scene and made iconic for metal by Rob Halford. (although this was unknown to most metal heads at the time) Yet the guys in the pics above would have homophobic insults thrown at them by a lot of metalheads cos of how they look. lol Crazy.
21.06.2011 - 01:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Yavanna on 20.06.2011 at 16:10

So why people in this post are so worried with the "new Metalheads" all of us have been just kids for some years and the we grew up and left the superficial thing behind.

I don't know, to them (the old me) it is (was) really important.
----
21.06.2011 - 05:16
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Daniell on 20.06.2011 at 14:06

Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.06.2011 at 14:00

GTFO noob

Who''s that.

'' It doesn't matter how you look or how much you can yell, as long as you stay genuine and do things for yourself...''
-Municipal Waste, The Art Or Partying-

Thanks for being comprehensive to other Metal Heads Even if they are hipsters LOL unless they fucking start ninja-ing in shows, then you can fuck em up with your fists and watch them bleed... but otherwise, as long as they don't act like morons I guess its alright.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.06.2011 - 11:31
ANGEL REAPER
Ok i dont believe in that "metal dress code",but i most of the time wear band shirts,mostly on summers ,and have a long hair(but i like long hair anyway)...the rest of my clothes is regular men clothes...so i dont get the new trend of being tr00 and kvlt....i really dont....because when i was introduced to metal the only rule was that there is no rules....i realy dont understand the kids now days ...
----
21.06.2011 - 14:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.06.2011 at 11:31
because when i was introduced to metal the only rule was that there is no rules...

That is the way Ive always seen it. When I was young and first getting into metal, I seen it as standing up for individuality, being yourself, and not allowing anyone to change you into something you're not. For me, the only rule in metal, is that there are no rules. I've always believed that. As long as you love the music, thats all that matters.
21.06.2011 - 15:01
Yavanna
Well, after all of this postings about metal clothing, I felt strangely willing to wear my Iron Maiden t-shirts. I am wearing one of them now
----
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
21.06.2011 - 15:11
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yavanna on 21.06.2011 at 15:01

Well, after all of this postings about metal clothing, I felt strangely willing to wear my Iron Maiden t-shirts. I am wearing one of them now

me too...i like to wear band shirts...
and the people that dont like to wear them should not wear them...
there are no rules in metal...
----
21.06.2011 - 15:25
Yavanna
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.06.2011 at 15:11

Written by Yavanna on 21.06.2011 at 15:01

me too...i like to wear band shirts...
and the people that dont like to wear them should not wear them...
there are no rules in metal...

it was funny, this morning, this tshirt almost pulled herself out of the closet...
I hadn't worn it for a long time, because it's a little too short and show part of my stomach, so I am wearing a jacket over it anyway.
----
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
21.06.2011 - 16:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I do have a lot of metal shirts, but I also have a few non-metal shirts and tops that I wear regularly. I dont have the metal shirts "to be metal", I just like them, simple as that.

I just wear what I feel like, and sometimes that will mean wearing all black and a metal shirt, and other times I'll be more colourful and wear nothing associated with metal.