Metal Storm logo
Venom

17.05.2006 - 04:22
GoldenerSchnitt
I thought I would open this topic again
Great band, with great albums such as Black Metal and Welcome to hell the music on them is simple but very good
And I did mangage to listen to Metal Black like a lot of people said it wasn't that good it was alright though
17.05.2006 - 04:46
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
There a good band, i dont listen to them all that much, but when i do they always seem to please me, my favorite song by them is probally "In league with Satan".
17.05.2006 - 05:07
meTalcoholic
I've only heard a few songs here and there. Not bad at all.
----

-ZEdarkangel (a.k.a. ZD/ZeeDee)

666, Number of the Beaaaaaast!!!!!!
17.05.2006 - 08:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
very raw....sometimes repetitive, but the influence these guys had on metal cannot be ignored
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.05.2006 - 09:19
Scared4Life
Account deleted
To be honest i very much enjoy this raw thrash/black band. Metal Black is the only album of theirs iv heard. Its not repetative at all from what iv heard each song has its own identity. Either way, their is areason these guys have such a well know name.
17.05.2006 - 09:44
Varoth
Account deleted
I only know Welcome To Hell and Black Metal. They both are great, and I can't really decide which I like more. I used to mock those who called them oldschool black metal instead of thrash, but now I'm beginning to call it oldschool black metal too... it seems a bit rawer than the usual thrash, and I really like that sound.

What other albums like the ones I mentioned should I check? I'm gonna try At War With Satan soon.
17.05.2006 - 09:50
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
What do you guys think of the new album Metal Black? From what ive heard of it, it sounded rather unoriginal and too much in the vain of previous albums.
18.05.2006 - 02:12
__Az__
Hats off to Venom for re-surfacing with their new album, metal black... I havent heard it yet, so cant say I can really comment... All i can say is their previous albums have been works of art....
18.05.2006 - 02:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
standing on its own its a great album but it seems like there trying to get the same thrill out of the same sort of crap, there isnt much experimentation. experimentation may lead to drastic fuc-ups but alot of the times it works out in masterpieces, no ones ever had an extremely good album without a little risk to it.
----
- George Carlin
02.06.2006 - 11:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
We owe them one. Further than that, I don't really like their music..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.08.2006 - 00:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
My fav song are ''counless bathory'' and I like them, Venom are Venom, thay hasnt chaged true years and also thay music are simmilar but in same time duferent and new album, I had seen one video, and its like old Venom, and how many times poeple can say its ehh what is Venom, thay has no future, but Venom still kick ass.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.08.2006 - 03:29
Mega-Slayer
I like everything about Venom,"Black Metal" is excellent and so is "Welcome To Hell",and if you haven't yet heard it you should check out "At War With Satan" it a real gem,the title track is awesome.I have always wondered what exactly Venom's style is?Some say its Black Metal and some say its just heavy,so waht do you classify them as?Also My Personal favorite songs are:
Bloodlust
Raise The Dead
Black Metal
Countess Bathory
At War With Satan
Genocide
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
31.08.2006 - 10:31
Basso
Account deleted
Countess Bathoy and Black metal is awesome songs. Other than that I dont really like theese guys.
31.08.2006 - 15:30
Von
Account deleted
The Seven Gates Of Hell!!

Venom rule. Black Metal is one of my favourite albums. I've only heard the tiniest bit of the Metal Black stuff so I cant comment on that, but almost everything i've ever heard by Venom I really like, so I might look into it soon.
31.08.2006 - 20:23
norse steel
Account deleted
I like them, nothing amazing, but good. I love At War With Satan.
26.01.2007 - 07:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I use these guys as the biggest example of how originality outweighs skill, they were terrible musicians, but they were bringing something new into the music world and helped develope metal into what it is today.
----
- George Carlin
28.01.2007 - 07:18
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Extremly talented musician , love the first two album they released fking kult .... i mean Black metal and welcome to hell is masterpiece.

lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n' roll
30.01.2007 - 10:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=5394] on 31.08.2006 at 10:31

Countess Bathoy and Black metal is awesome songs. Other than that I dont really like theese guys.

I agree IMO Countless bathory are nont satanic song, and I acnt see alot of into Venom music
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.02.2007 - 06:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
It would be sweet if they rerecorded the early albums (mostly welcome to hell and black metal), because there is alot of good songs on those albums that get overlooked due to bad sound quality. Kind of like what Dimmu did. But can you imagine a song like 'In Nomine Sathanas' or 'in league with satan' with the heaviness and production quality that metal black had?
----
- George Carlin
07.02.2007 - 18:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Venom is cult and you must respect them, I don't say they are good musicians cause they are not or that they have deeply mided lyriics but they are just real kick assers, I love their atitude and almost all of their albums, they are real metal, at least was.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.02.2007 - 09:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I just picked up 'Cast In Stone', now I wasnt all that impressed with the album itself, but it came with a bunos disc with a bunch of old songs rerecorded like 'black metal' 'in nomine sathanas' and 'welcome to hell' (just to name a few) and there incredibly heavy. So I guess my wish sort of came true (if youll see my previous post on this thread)
----
- George Carlin
14.03.2007 - 18:43
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
The band is really mediocre but I still love them. They really were on the fence with sounding punk too. I dont really mind that but, its gotta sound metal not punk. They are one of the first black metal bands, and opened up the genre to others, that I admire. But they really could have been alot better.
15.06.2007 - 05:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Hembrom on 28.01.2007 at 07:18

Extremly talented musician , love the first two album they released fking kult .... i mean Black metal and welcome to hell is masterpiece.

You gotta be kidding? they were terrible musicians, flat out. Dont get me wrong, they wrote kick ass tunes but overall theyre actual skill was pretty minimal.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 07:45
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Doc G. on 15.06.2007 at 05:46

You gotta be kidding? they were terrible musicians, flat out. Dont get me wrong, they wrote kick ass tunes but overall theyre actual skill was pretty minimal.

What ever you say sir , they are GREAT for me and i find Venom's early stuff mindblowing.

To each his own.
15.06.2007 - 08:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Hembrom on 15.06.2007 at 07:45

What ever you say sir , they are GREAT for me and i find Venom's early stuff mindblowing.

To each his own.

dont get me wrong, they were great songwriters, but terrible on a technical level.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 08:50
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Doc G. on 15.06.2007 at 08:11

To each his own.

dont get me wrong, they were great songwriters, but terrible on a technical level.

So you judge the band that HOW technical the band is ?

I mean it hardly matters to me if there is any Chuck or Mustaine or Muhammed in a band. How many people actually know the bassist of the band Bolt Thrower , she is with the band with last 14 years .... she is awesome and i doubt hardly people know her. How many people actually know Nuclear Holocaust , do you think he is a good vocalist/guitarist/keyboardist ??

It hardly matters how TALENTED band members are until the band comes up with awesomefking sound. Unless there is one Chuck or Lord Worm or Kerry King which people remember with the band.

As far as the venom is concerned they influenced whole lot of Black metal band and they have some legendary thrash metal stuff. Ok , i cant say that Mantas and Cronos are in my top 20 guitarist/bassist/vocalist list but what they did in past was respectable and metal industry will remember it till the end of the world.
15.06.2007 - 08:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Hembrom on 15.06.2007 at 08:50

Written by Doc G. on 15.06.2007 at 08:11

To each his own.

So you judge the band that HOW technical the band is ?

I mean it hardly matters to me if there is any Chuck or Mustaine or Muhammed in a band. How many people actually know the bassist of the band Bolt Thrower , she is with the band with last 14 years .... she is awesome and i doubt hardly people know her. How many people actually know Nuclear Holocaust , do you think he is a good vocalist/guitarist/keyboardist ??

It hardly matters how TALENTED band members are until the band comes up with awesomefking sound. Unless there is one Chuck or Lord Worm or Kerry King which people remember with the band.

As far as the venom is concerned they influenced whole lot of Black metal band and they have some legendary thrash metal stuff. Ok , i cant say that Mantas and Cronos are in my top 20 guitarist/bassist/vocalist list but what they did in past was respectable and metal industry will remember it till the end of the world.

I dont judge bands on skill, I was just commenting. For god sakes Ive got Venom (aswell as Motley Crue who arent the greatest bunch of musicians) in my favorite bands list. And I hate Dream Theater who are great musicians.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 08:56
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
^

I wonder why people listen that BORING band , in general if they have 1 min. solo riffs they will give 7 min intro before that

Just kidding.
15.06.2007 - 13:23
orathac
Account deleted
Venom is great band i respect them very much.... i believe "Welcome To Hell" and "Black Metal" is a must for any metal-head i also like their next 2 albums "At War With Satan" and "Possessed", Favorite Songs:
Welcome to Hell
1000 Days In Sodom
Black Metal
At War With Satan

P.S. i know the bessist from Bolt Thrower now about Nuclear Holocaust first time heart about them
16.06.2007 - 04:45
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by [user id=24191] on 15.06.2007 at 13:23

Venom is great band i respect them very much.... i believe "Welcome To Hell" and "Black Metal" is a must for any metal-head i also like their next 2 albums "At War With Satan" and "Possessed", Favorite Songs:
Welcome to Hell
1000 Days In Sodom
Black Metal
At War With Satan

P.S. i know the bessist from Bolt Thrower now about Nuclear Holocaust first time heart about them

I agree, when I was younger I listened to songs like Countess Bathory, Welcome To Hell, Genocide, eavens On Fire... They are one of the most influnceal bands in the whole metal world, and everyone should have at least respect for their music. You don't have to like them, but everything they have done is for respect for everyone calling him metalhead, especially extreme lol metalhead
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!