Metal Storm logo
Venom

Original post

Posted by GoldenerSchnitt, 17.05.2006 - 04:22
I thought I would open this topic again
Great band, with great albums such as Black Metal and Welcome to hell the music on them is simple but very good
And I did mangage to listen to Metal Black like a lot of people said it wasn't that good it was alright though
16.06.2007 - 13:54
orathac
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 16.06.2007 at 04:45

Written by Guest on 15.06.2007 at 13:23

Venom is great band i respect them very much.... i believe "Welcome To Hell" and "Black Metal" is a must for any metal-head i also like their next 2 albums "At War With Satan" and "Possessed", Favorite Songs:
Welcome to Hell
1000 Days In Sodom
Black Metal
At War With Satan

P.S. i know the bessist from Bolt Thrower now about Nuclear Holocaust first time heart about them

I agree, when I was younger I listened to songs like Countess Bathory, Welcome To Hell, Genocide, eavens On Fire... They are one of the most influnceal bands in the whole metal world, and everyone should have at least respect for their music. You don't have to like them, but everything they have done is for respect for everyone calling him metalhead, especially extreme lol metalhead

yes totally agreed every one must respect all the band influences to metal socity
16.06.2007 - 16:00
Blackwinged 666
Account deleted
Yes, IMO Venom is such an influence for the extreme scene as Metallica is for the whole metal scene.
28.06.2007 - 03:26
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Venom's first two albums are classic!!! I quite like them!

I don't like the themes cuz i find the whole "hail satan" thing kind ov baby-ish, and i think there is no devil : . But other than that......sweeet man, gets me in the mood for a few drinks lol .

28.06.2007 - 06:05
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Guest on 28.06.2007 at 03:26

Venom's first two albums are classic!!! I quite like them!

I don't like the themes cuz i find the whole "hail satan" thing kind ov baby-ish, and i think there is no devil : . But other than that......sweeet man, gets me in the mood for a few drinks lol .

The themes were there just as a joke. The band have said that so many times in interviews and stuff, they did it all for a laugh and for shock value. Remember also that in 1981, bands hadn't really done anything like that before, so they were breaking new ground, whereas today all that stuff is stale and lame.

On the actual albums, yes they are still good listens even 25 years on.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
30.06.2007 - 01:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
oh yeah, i saw a few videos ov interviews on youtube while Venom were doing some tour called 'Ultimate Revenge For Disco' or something to that effect.
30.06.2007 - 15:46
APOHAKC
The Bard
Quote:
We are not Heavy Metal band, we are Black Metal band, Heavy Metal is for chiks

LOL
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.06.2007 - 22:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 30.06.2007 at 15:46

Quote:

LOL

May seem funny, and alot of people bitch about how "Venom have no right to sing about black metal anymore cus there not black metal", I say f*ck that! They invented the term, they have every right to use the word black metal whereever they want.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.06.2007 - 22:20
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Doc G. on 30.06.2007 at 22:17

Quote:

LOL

May seem funny, and alot of people bitch about how "Venom have no right to sing about black metal anymore cus there not black metal", I say f*ck that! They invented the term, they have every right to use the word black metal whereever they want.

Actually, I didn't wanted to make fun with them, I am sorry if it looked like that, cause I am big Venom fan. And you can read my posts on Black Metal, What Happen Twith Black Metal and some other thread s where I wrote that Venom is Black Metal and that they invented it, no matter what people talk.
----
30.06.2007 - 22:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 30.06.2007 at 22:20

Written by Doc G. on 30.06.2007 at 22:17

Quote:

LOL

Actually, I didn't wanted to make fun with them, I am sorry if it looked like that, cause I am big Venom fan. And you can read my posts on Black Metal, What Happen Twith Black Metal and some other thread s where I wrote that Venom is Black Metal and that they invented it, no matter what people talk.

Oh I know you werent making fun of them. thats just an issue Ive been meaning to bring up for quite some time. that just made me think of it.
----
- George Carlin
26.08.2007 - 00:04
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I don't think there's ONE single Venom song from the first 2 albums that isn't offensive haha, I love these guys to death! Check out these lyrics

Teacher caught me masturbating underneath the desk
she looked at me and winked her eye said "see you after class"
I heard the school bell ring that told me that the day was done
She called me back and locked the door my lessons just begun

Teacher's pet
Teacher's wet

Sitting down she crossed her legs her skirt crept up her thigh
Feeling something start to rise my thought began to fly
You've been a naughty boy, she said, now that you can't conceal
I'll have to punish you the best way that I feel

Teacher's pet
Teacher's wet

She took my hand and gently placed it in between her thighs
With open legs and heavy breath she slowly closed her eyes
Her flesh was aching and her hands began to stray
One thing that I know for sure, I won't forget today

Teacher's pet
Teacher's wet

Pulled me down forwards her mound, teacher tasted sweet
Sixty-nine - I don't mean lines, this was teachers treat
Played hide and seek with teachers mouth, her lips were warm and wet
Now today I've had my way and teacher won't forget

Teacher's pet
Teacher's wet
26.08.2007 - 00:16
mankvill
Black as the night
Metal we fight!
26.08.2007 - 00:41
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: You're right to a degree, But Venom still aren't Black Metal........just like Pantera are not Power Metal.
26.08.2007 - 03:45
APOHAKC
The Bard
Everyone have its own vision of Black Metal, for me, they are Black Metal, and will always be, just like Mercyful Fate, don't hang me
----
26.08.2007 - 10:17
mankvill
I don't think Venom is technically black metal, but are defaintely an inspiration. They're thrash to me.
27.08.2007 - 14:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
"Freaking so wild, nobody's mild
Giving it all that you've got.
Wild is so right, metal tonight
Faster than over the top"

pricelessly cheesy and METAL!!
27.08.2007 - 15:47
APOHAKC
The Bard

Yeah Venom are one sick motherfuckers, at least they were, I missed bands like that in Metal
----
21.09.2007 - 22:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Heres a sweet pic I found on the net, it really made my day. Lemmy looks really creeped out.
----
- George Carlin
27.09.2007 - 04:42
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 21.09.2007 at 22:03

Heres a sweet pic I found on the net, it really made my day. Lemmy looks really creeped out.

that pic is class!

i want some ov that beer.
27.09.2007 - 04:43
APOHAKC
The Bard

Awesome pick Dr.Rock, actually, it looks like that Lemmy does not look n his direction at all
----
05.10.2007 - 13:14
Emjay
Account deleted
Love venom....especially the song countess bathory !
05.10.2007 - 13:29
Woutjinho
Account deleted
good song. love the interlude especially. very easy but yet so powerfull on gutiar :evil:
05.10.2007 - 15:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 05.10.2007 at 13:14

Love venom....especially the song countess bathory !

Best song of band also best lyrics of band also nighmare are good song and only video waht i know of band , I mean prom video
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.03.2008 - 10:08
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Just listening to Venom's "Welcome to Hell." Good stuff. Anyone, I found it funny earlier when I was watching a little Thrash Metal documentary that Lemmy referred to Venom's music being "fucking terrible." Ha! Good nonetheless.
----
The force will be with you, always.
02.03.2008 - 14:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Clintagräm on 02.03.2008 at 10:08

Just listening to Venom's "Welcome to Hell." Good stuff. Anyone, I found it funny earlier when I was watching a little Thrash Metal documentary that Lemmy referred to Venom's music being "fucking terrible." Ha! Good nonetheless.

I've been debating on buying that album for a while now. Do you think it's worth it? Exactly how bad is the production?
02.03.2008 - 14:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 02.03.2008 at 14:31

I've been debating on buying that album for a while now. Do you think it's worth it? Exactly how bad is the production?

IMO by best of and its like motorhead by one album and others be same, same about Venom, only DIE HARD fans will buy it
----

apos;'
[image]
02.03.2008 - 17:13
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder

Well, I've only heard pieces of the album, but if I found it I'd probably pick it up. It's NWOBHM with a little harder edge, but I think it's pretty good. Production isn't any worse than you'd think, maybe a tad treble heavy, but it's nothing that will detract from the music.
----
The force will be with you, always.
04.03.2008 - 00:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 02.03.2008 at 14:51

IMO by best of and its like motorhead by one album and others be same, same about Venom, only DIE HARD fans will buy it

Terrible comment. I mean, Venom yes, they've always had the same sound, just with better production lately. But saying all Motorhead albums sound the same is extremely ignorant, if you've actually compaired early Motorhead with old Motorhead you would notice the progression from blues rock, to a harder blues sound, to a straightforward heavy metal sound. once Fast Eddie Clarke left there is no mistaking his sound, unless your musically brainless. Phil Campbell has a much less bluesy sound and more sharp straightforward heavy metal sound. Even the drummers have variations in there sound (phil taylor have a more frantic keith moon-esque sound, while Mikkey Dee has a much tighter sound). Silly jokes.

Anyways, @Pyroleperchaun
yeah Welcome To Hell is worth getting, its probably my favorite album of theres, the production quality is crap but you can still feel the heaviness behind it and still hear all the great riffs (like I usually say, heaviness is a feeling, not a sound). Don't expect much difference from the other albums, just sloppier recording, which really makes the true Venom sound IMO.
----
- George Carlin
04.03.2008 - 17:04
Demonmayonnaise
I just picked up Welcome to Hell.... fucking amazing for the times. Venom seems like the very foundation of thrash metal.
04.03.2008 - 21:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 04.03.2008 at 00:47

Terrible comment. I mean, Venom yes, they've always had the same sound, just with better production lately. But saying all Motorhead albums sound the same is extremely ignorant, if you've actually compaired early Motorhead with old Motorhead you would notice the progression from blues rock, to a harder blues sound, to a straightforward heavy metal sound. once Fast Eddie Clarke left there is no mistaking his sound, unless your musically brainless. Phil Campbell has a much less bluesy sound and more sharp straightforward heavy metal sound. Even the drummers have variations in there sound (phil taylor have a more frantic keith moon-esque sound, while Mikkey Dee has a much tighter sound). Silly jokes.

Anyways, @Pyroleperchaun
yeah Welcome To Hell is worth getting, its probably my favorite album of theres, the production quality is crap but you can still feel the heaviness behind it and still hear all the great riffs (like I usually say, heaviness is a feeling, not a sound). Don't expect much difference from the other albums, just sloppier recording, which really makes the true Venom sound IMO.

It was example but generaly Motorhead albums are like one even thay changing for decaids
----

apos;'
[image]
04.03.2008 - 22:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 04.03.2008 at 21:35

Written by Doc G. on 04.03.2008 at 00:47

Anyways, @Pyroleperchaun

It was example but generaly Motorhead albums are like one even thay changing for decaids

What do you mean?
----
- George Carlin