Metal Storm logo
Best Cradle Of Filth album

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 11.06.2006 - 22:18
It's quite simple, I would like to know what album of Cradle Of Filth you like best, with a good reason (an explanation in musical likability such as : vocals, drums and guitars or other).

My vote went out to Damnation and a Day, I really like what they've done there. Once again subliminal vocals, a full guitar sound, nice drums and immortal lyrics.
It's hard to pick a favourite song off of this one ..
I'd say :
The Promise of Fever
Better To Reign In Hell
Carrion
Presents From The Poison-Hearted
Mannequin
Bab(a)lon AD (So Glad For The Madness)
The Smoke Of Her Burning
Thank God For The Suffering
Hurt And Virtue

I know this is about half the album, but those are just kickass songs. This album made me love Cradle Of Filth!

Discuss your taste!

Poll

What is the best Album created by Cradle Of Filth

Midian
Dusk... And Her Embrace
Cruelty And The Beast
Nymphetamine
Damnation and a Day
The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh
Bitter Suites To Succubi
Lovecraft & Witch Hearts
Live Bait For The Dead

Total votes: 202
30.05.2009 - 16:50
Spell
Damnation and a day: this album had many attacks from the so called "true metallers" because it was produced by Sony, saying that COF wants to go main stream.. i guess the couple of albums after that proves them wrong. i think this album was the bands best effort to date.

I love Midian, and all the albums before Damnation and A Day, and i wish they never made Nymfuckamine and Thornocrappy, or the last mockery God Speed on the devil's farts: this one by the way is so praised by so many, didnt anyone notice that its like listening to the same song again and again? and it had alot of unjustified brutality only for the sake of it?
19.08.2009 - 02:03
Razorback
Dusk... And Her Embrace
Cruelty And The Beast
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
07.08.2010 - 14:23
MetalFist
Account deleted
I love Nymphetamine the most
07.08.2010 - 15:34
Sangre Sani
I like Midian. My favorite song is Her Ghost In The Fog. I like that powerful scream of Dani in that song.
31.10.2010 - 01:52
Vonpire
Written by Razorback on 19.08.2009 at 02:03

Dusk... And Her Embrace
Cruelty And The Beast

Fuck yeah!
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk
02.11.2010 - 17:51
Sulac
Dusk... And Her Embrace. Dani's vocals are just epic... This album's what dragged me into black metal. Granted, it's not very black itself, but I enjoy it as such anyways. I look at their new stuff as a kind of extreme gothic metal.
30.01.2011 - 04:21
.Nemesis.
Midian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
06.02.2011 - 02:27
Empyror
I picked Midian in a pinch, but I love them all for different reasons. No two sound exactly the same. Dusk and Cruelty for nostalgic reasons as they got me into extreme metal and are just beautiful. There newer releases are less melodic and more guitar driven, which I also think is cool and serves it's purpose. And while all of Dani's lyrics are the best in the whole world, I feel Damnation has the best lyrics of all the albums. I pick Midian because I feel it's the most complete album and has the perfect balance between their melodic elements and their heavy elements.