‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]
Users visited: 187  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Lucas on 31.01.2008 at 17:58
Finally what we always wanted, the ultimate thread about Drone. I figured since most of the Drone-related threads die a quick and painless death, somebody should do something about it!

So discuss Drone in all it's forms and shapes here, for it is a great genre. Let me start with some of my fav. bands:

The Angelic Process: Due to their nature of Drone/Doom and their awesomeness, I've included them in here. "Weighing Souls With Sand" was a frikking masterpiece and their "Coma Waering" is great too. Absolutely amazing stuff, in my opinion, though I might have overplayed it a little. Full review here..

Hjarnidaudi: Another amazing band. Their (his) debut album will schorch your balls off, so much heat is present on this album. One of my favourite bands atm and certainly one of my most-played. Full review here..

Hlidolf: The former version of Hjarnidaudi. Same dude, different music. The only album, V01D", is a collosal astral space trip, and a long one too. Seventy minutes of pure void-music, hard to digest, but good.

Furthermore I have ordered two more Drone albums, which I cannot wait to hear: "Fulci - Dead Sky/Red Lights" (more Drone Rock, I believe) and "Hyatari - The Light Carriers". I'll post my opinion on them here, hopefully soon!

Page 8 of 8

!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

25.03.2014 at 02:28
I listened to most of your discog, Varituuk . I forgot to comment but I was deeply impressed with all your stuff I heard. You have a great grasp of layers with regards to your droning noisy stuff (a lot of bands that tout that kind of thing are little more than unsaturated walls of clumsy feedback with no control) and your black metal stuff was great also. Raw and rough but also deep in tone and texture with nice subtle use of melody. You clearly know what you're doing. I'll definitely throw some business your way come pay day.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]

Login or register to post here.