‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]
Users visited: 543  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by GT on 25.03.2008 at 21:26
Since the old topic exceded its post limit here's the new topic about the band many of us like.

Last discussion in the old topic was about these shoes.

Post your thoughts and comments

EDIT: link to the old topic here

Page 30 of 30

M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

17.05.2014 at 11:02
Written by RavenEffect on 13.05.2014 at 12:20

Written by Silent Jay on 12.05.2014 at 20:14

Iron Maiden are still capable of writing new material. Ofcourse they'll never quite reach the quality of the 80's material

Everytime I hear this argument I play "A Matter Of Life and Death" and it brings me back to Planet Earth.

Some good songs on there. Especial1y the 2 long ones.
----
Mum - 21/10/1955 - 19/6/2015. R.I.P.

"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"Honey, the butler's dead."
Silent Jay

17.05.2014 at 11:57
Written by RavenEffect on 13.05.2014 at 12:20

Written by Silent Jay on 12.05.2014 at 20:14

Iron Maiden are still capable of writing new material. Ofcourse they'll never quite reach the quality of the 80's material

Everytime I hear this argument I play "A Matter Of Life and Death" and it brings me back to Planet Earth.
I like A Matter of Life and Death, probably their best since the 80's along with Brave New World, but still isn't quite on par.
RavenEffect

17.05.2014 at 17:29
Its one of their best records, Id say its on the same level of stuff like No prayer and such
Nucky

18.05.2014 at 17:07
Well they will probably never make legendary albums like they did in the 80s but still after Bruce got back in 1999 they haven't made a shit album..
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

19.05.2014 at 05:56
Dance of Death is a pretty shit album by my ears. And The Final Frontier is boring as f.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Angelic Storm
Melodious

19.05.2014 at 11:08
I love some songs on Dance Of Death, but it is an incredibly patchy album. The Final Frontier is probably the weakest Maiden album with Bruce. More than half of that album is dull as dishwater.
RavenEffect

19.05.2014 at 15:58
The only one I really dislike is The Final Frontier but thats is an opinion that im not sure its gonna stick. I used to think exactly the same when A Matter of Life came out and now it grew to become one of my favourites from them. Even Dance of Death with all its folk-ish songs, it still has some really good songs (The Rainmaker, Gates of Tomorrow, Journeyman) .
Mattybu

23.05.2014 at 03:06
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.05.2014 at 11:08

The Final Frontier is probably the weakest Maiden album with Bruce. More than half of that album is dull as dishwater.

I haven't heard every song off every one (of the Bruce albums, I mean), but I agree with that to an extent. I would go as far as to say there are maybe 2 complete minutes of fulfilling/interesting music on it. Not that there was any reason to expect greatness by 2010 in Iron Maiden's career but that album was very lackluster.

I think Fear of the Dark is the only worse album with Bruce involved, which is why I said "to an extent" above.
Angelic Storm
Melodious

23.05.2014 at 07:47
Written by Mattybu on 23.05.2014 at 03:06
I haven't heard every song off every one (of the Bruce albums, I mean), but I agree with that to an extent. I would go as far as to say there are maybe 2 complete minutes of fulfilling/interesting music on it. Not that there was any reason to expect greatness by 2010 in Iron Maiden's career but that album was very lackluster.

I think Fear of the Dark is the only worse album with Bruce involved, which is why I said "to an extent" above.

I wouldn't go that far, but less than half of the album is appealing to me. "Fear Of The Dark" is a very patchy album, but I prefer it over TFF. There's more songs I like on FOTD than I do on TFF.
Mattybu

24.05.2014 at 01:42
Written by Angelic Storm on 23.05.2014 at 07:47

Written by Mattybu on 23.05.2014 at 03:06

I wouldn't go that far, but less than half of the album is appealing to me. "Fear Of The Dark" is a very patchy album, but I prefer it over TFF. There's more songs I like on FOTD than I do on TFF.

I can sort of see why people like Fear of the Dark. Of both of those albums the title track is the only song I could honestly say I like enough to listen to a few times every now and then. My main problem with FotD is it has some moments that go past "meh" and into "it would be embarrassing if I got caught listening to this" bad level
Angelic Storm
Melodious

24.05.2014 at 09:26
Written by Mattybu on 24.05.2014 at 01:42
I can sort of see why people like Fear of the Dark. Of both of those albums the title track is the only song I could honestly say I like enough to listen to a few times every now and then. My main problem with FotD is it has some moments that go past "meh" and into "it would be embarrassing if I got caught listening to this" bad level

I'm assuming you mean Fear Of The Dark's title track, and not The Final Frontier's? hehe

I like Hysteria by Def Leppard, and I'm not embarrassed to say that I like it, so I definitely wouldn't be embarrassed to be caught listening to anything from FOTD. There are some songs on there which are certainly "iffy" though, let's just say that.
RavenEffect

24.05.2014 at 14:53
Be Quick or be Dead
Waisting Love
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Childhood's End
Judas be My Guide.

yep, all bad songs
Paw!!

24.05.2014 at 17:14
Written by RavenEffect on 24.05.2014 at 14:53

Be Quick or be Dead
Waisting Love
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Childhood's End
Judas be My Guide.

yep, all bad songs

Be Quick or be Dead is good song dude. Just for me
RavenEffect

24.05.2014 at 17:31
Forgot my [Irony][/irony] code
Mattybu

24.05.2014 at 17:32
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.05.2014 at 09:26

Written by Mattybu on 24.05.2014 at 01:42

I'm assuming you mean Fear Of The Dark's title track, and not The Final Frontier's? hehe

I like Hysteria by Def Leppard, and I'm not embarrassed to say that I like it, so I definitely wouldn't be embarrassed to be caught listening to anything from FOTD. There are some songs on there which are certainly "iffy" though, let's just say that.

Yeah I probably should have been clearer on that, Fear of the Dark's title track is the one I like. I can honestly say I haven't listened to any song from the Final Frontier in years and really don't remember any details from it.

The first concert I ever went to was Iron Maiden actually, and they played Fear of the Dark (amidst mostly a crappy setlist, which I didn't care about cause I was seeing IRON MAIDEN ) and I remember enjoying it. But they also played Hallowed Be Thy Name which put into perspective how good it actually was.
Bad English
Masterchief

17.06.2014 at 22:43
TROOPER
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-the-trooper-like-youve-never-heard-it-before/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Mattybu

18.06.2014 at 04:30
Written by deadone on 18.06.2014 at 02:33

I had to wait for a very long time for Iron Maiden to get to Australia thanks to low Aussie dollar (how times have changed) and virtually no interest in metal in Australia in mid-late 1990s and early 2000s.

Well, at least you got to see them eventually. They are one of those bands that I think a huge majority of metalheads can enjoy live. They just bring it. Even their crappy material can be made to sound okay when they do it live.
Mattybu

18.06.2014 at 05:41
Written by deadone on 18.06.2014 at 05:09

One of three best concerts I've seen - other 2 were Metallica and a symphony orchestra in Vienna.

I still need to see Metallica, badly. They are coming to Montreal this summer but I have a feeling I won't get to make it out. I also have a feeling they won't be coming near too many more times though, so I'm really gonna try.

I've seen every other big band I wanted to, Slayer (original line-up and all), Megadeth, Anthrax and Iron Maiden. Just no Metallica yet.

Mind you, that is sort of a "first world problem", I am very thankful to have gotten to see all those bands
Ganondox

20.06.2014 at 15:49
I love Iron Maiden, they were one of the first metal bands I got into. While living in Brasilia they came to play a concert, and my dad interviewed Adrian Smith for his visa. They offered us tickets to the show, but my dad had to decline. I've now got their albums Brave New World and The Number of the Beast, and plan on getting Seventh Son.
Bad English
Masterchief

22.07.2014 at 14:44
Written by deadone on 22.07.2014 at 04:11

Damn just noticed Bruce and co put on an airshow over Sonisphere with recreation WWI air battle.

So this covers a lot of my interests - Iron Maiden + war + aircraft.

I

'
don't tell me you can fly ??
he also read books, IMO write as well and same time do sword fighting

o yes likes beer as well
----

RavenEffect

22.07.2014 at 20:34
Sounds like you're setting them up.
Bad English
Masterchief

04.08.2014 at 21:19
Hockey
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-iron-maiden-goalie-mask-for-chris-mason/
----

Bad English
Masterchief

21.04.2015 at 20:34
Stolen idea from Apocaliptica ... maiden Chellos

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-alexander-the-great-covered-using-classical-instrumental/
----

Bad English
Masterchief

07.02.2016 at 13:33
What band is this?

----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]

Login or register to post here.