Metal Storm logo
Anti-emo: when intolerance becomes violence

31.03.2008 - 04:59
selken
Irreligious
Hello
Read: here
I you are too lazy/tired/whatever to read it, I'll short it for you:

It's about an anti-emo movement, formed in Mexico, these movement reunited last week over 1000 people who hate emo-kids and started a witch hunting mob, in which 4 people were injured, the thing gets worse for the strange-haired dudes cause there are forming more hate groups in other points of the country and southamerica.

First I have to be sincere, I really hate emo music, and also hate the emo kids lifestyle, but that does not give the right to hurt people, my point is when we metalheads incite to the violence against other groups with different ideas we are violating our roots, do you remember the phrase "Live and let die"?

what do you think
----
31.03.2008 - 06:16
tulkas
el parcero
i think this kind of behaviour is stupid and pretty irrational, the problem is that to whatever degree it's been, this is really the reason behind pretty much every conflict. i don't really see the point of going out and kicking someones ass, or bombing them or whatever just because they have a different ideology, religion etc. i mean, i don't really know how that is a solution, specially if there really isn't a problem in the first place!

i too 'disagree' with emo lifestyle, and dislike their music and all, but that doesn't give any reason or right to go out and beat them up, imo it's stupid and it's their problem if they want to make their lives miserable even if they're not. that's their life and it's their decision what to do with it, not anyone else's
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
31.03.2008 - 07:01
Fhuesc
Same here, i hate emos, but that's not a goog reason for beating them. But the problem here in Mexico, is that we are a very divided society, and the media, it's amarillista (i don't know how to translate this, any help will be appreciated) as hell, so instead of reporting things that matter, the report pure bull shit most of the time.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
31.03.2008 - 07:42
totaliteraliter
Sounds pretty nuts/hilarious. Although I have to say that if a rowdy mob asked me if I wanted to get drunk and go emo-lynching, I'd probably be down.

Also from the link: "Emos have begun to fight back"! lol, it's working.
31.03.2008 - 10:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i will never physically insult anyone for his music and lifestyle tastes...i can hate emo (or r´n´b), but that´s anyone´s choice same as mine is metal
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

31.03.2008 - 12:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
If Im going to take violent action against someone Im going to do it because I hate that person for who they are, not the way they dress. I think many over-zealous metalheads have created this cartoon image of an emo in there head of what an emo is; cuts themselves, writes in a diary, etc. Oddly enough the only person Ive met like this is actually a black metal elitist, and even then, his problems laid far beyond musical influences I think. Most so called "emos" Ive met are just normal people, who even tend to laugh at themselves and are aware of the stereotype. I still hate there music though. Thats why I hate these anti-emo movements, it makes us all look like a bunch of violent Neanderthals. No different than the football jocks (american football) who used to beat you up in high school for having long hair.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.03.2008 - 12:07
destroyah
supercharger
Elite
All this is highly unfortunate of course, but I can't help but notice that almost everyone who has posted here claims to "hate" emo's. Don't you think that's the root of the problem? Feel free to change and/or elaborate your statements.

All these violent outbursts are absurd but I fail to grasp the entire anti-emo sentiment. What have these "emo's" done to you to have pissed you off? Sure, maybe occasionally I've seen a somewhat strange looking "specimen" walk down the street but I seriously think other people's appearance and lifestyle is NOT my goddamn problem.

All in all the entire so-called issue is another demonstration of the mnakind's general disability to reason.
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
31.03.2008 - 13:18
owl
Written by destroyah on 31.03.2008 at 12:07

What have these "emo's" done to you to have pissed you off? Sure, maybe occasionally I've seen a somewhat strange looking "specimen" walk down the street but I seriously think other people's appearance and lifestyle is NOT my goddamn problem.
Well put. I must say I even enjoy that they're around where I can see them, that way I can get some laughs on my way to work. If they want to get people's attention, then I'll indulge them.

I believe most emo's I see around me end up being just kids like all others. It's just a phase and hopefully they'll grow out of it one day. So obviously I find the persecution that took place in Mexico to be totally unacceptable.
Civilized people know when to ignore something that annoys them. Emo's are just not worth the trouble, leave them be.
----
31.03.2008 - 14:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hehheh emo sounds like Pao hehehhe I dont care bout emo, and well in 80ties metalheads was attack object now emo, its fair , its tham fault that thay dont listen our music
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.03.2008 - 17:11
selken
Irreligious

All this is highly unfortunate of course, but I can't help but notice that almost everyone who has posted here claims to "hate" emo's. Don't you think that's the root of the problem?

not really.
It strongly depends of the level of maturity of everyone, for example, I hate those people, I hate smokers, religion, censorship and some stuff more, but that doesnt drives me insane and makes me hurting people. Hate is just another emotion, so if its possible to love, then its possible to hate...
----
31.03.2008 - 17:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
This is just stupid attacking people for the way they look, the music they listen to, they way they live their lives.

That's like attacking metalheads who have long hair and wear denim with patches, or beating the shit out of homosexuals for being homosexual, or attacking minorities because they are of a different race. etc. etc.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.03.2008 - 18:00
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by selken on 31.03.2008 at 04:59

It's about an anti-emo movement, formed in Mexico, these movement reunited last week over 1000 people who hate emo-kids and started a witch hunting mob, in which 4 people were injured, the thing gets worse for the strange-haired dudes cause there are forming more hate groups in other points of the country and southamerica.

Haha! Lame. Not only are mexican metalheads retarded, they're complete pussies.

It's all talk and tough guy posturing. When something interesting happens I might care but teenagers are full of crap and wouldn't dare throw a punch at anyone because their mummy would spank their bottom. I see this all the time. kids acting tough but when it comes down to it, they'd crap themselves if there was any chance of a single punch being thrown. This situation once and for all proves that teenagers are posers because 1000 people supposedly looking for a fight and what happens? 4 people injured. ;;)

All that's needed to disperse a crowd of 1000 teenagers is 2 cops. I discovered this when huge crowds of skaters, "goths" and nu-metal kids used to hang around the civic centre on a saturday. 2 cops turn up and everyone legs it the second they see them.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
31.03.2008 - 19:40
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
It has become, and has been for a while, trendy to hate the trendy, if you catch my meaning. It is especially trendy, to hate emo kids, even though most people have no true concept of what an emo kid actually is. This kind of behavior comes from kids who dress and act scene, but then claim to hate the scene.

*cough* Hypocites *cough*

Anyway, yes, this behavior is pretty damned stupid. I mean, this brings a bad name to not only metal heads, but musical society in general. How many of these little scene assholes who hate Emo could actually tell me the name of a real emo band? Or even the name of a new-wave emo band? If I asked them what they listened to, they'd probably say punk, and then if I'd ask them to name a punk band they'd probably tell me "Hawthorne Heights"......that is new wave emo. Once more, hypocrisy rears its ugly head. So with them saying thay a new wave emo band is punk, I bet that they couldn't tell me that a true emo band would be something along the lines of "Rites of Spring"? I dunno, childish people piss me off.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
31.03.2008 - 20:13
Lord TJ
Written by Arian Totalis on 31.03.2008 at 19:40

It has become, and has been for a while, trendy to hate the trendy, if you catch my meaning. It is especially trendy, to hate emo kids, even though most people have no true concept of what an emo kid actually is. This kind of behavior comes from kids who dress and act scene, but then claim to hate the scene.

*cough* Hypocites *cough*

Haha yes! It also doesn't make sense, it has to be balanced out if so many people hate emos and if so many people act/dress emo.

You know, if you listen to country music, wouldn't that be the true emo music? I mean people usually say if you play country backwards you get your girlfriend back, your truck fixed, and something else.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
31.03.2008 - 20:46
Deus Ex Machina
This is retarded.
I don't really hate any music or fashion style, I either care about it or think it's lame and ignore it completely. Hate is a big and strong word.
How the hell can it even happen that someone hates.. emo? What is the big fucking deal?Don't these people have anything more important to worry about, It's seriously the question you need to ask.And If you're over 15 why would you eveeeennnnn careee about this? It's irrelevant.

The phrase "get a life" is so retarded on the internet. But when you come across an article like this... what else could you wish for those people then to just get a freakin' life and stop being so goddamn stupid.
31.03.2008 - 20:52
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by Lord TJ on 31.03.2008 at 20:13

You know, if you listen to country music, wouldn't that be the true emo music? I mean people usually say if you play country backwards you get your girlfriend back, your truck fixed, and something else.

Your dog comes back to life.
31.03.2008 - 20:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i do realise the sheep-level stupidity of such an act, but if i were drunk i'm sure i'd be more than happy to join in, just to scare a few of them, screaming loud and shit(i just can't beat people up, both mentally and physically lol)
31.03.2008 - 20:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I forgot to menation I real dont care and attack to other poeple , but generaly her etrets are from people who wear hip hop clouts and gypsies(yes in Rīga thay attack to metalheads, punks, goths etc) so I dislike such people but generaly I dont care

If someone wanna try my Doctor bonebraker ups Dr. Martens industaly safty boots ... BTW one guy knows how it is that you can not walk rest of life... nobody wont try rob my mother
----

apos;'
[image]
31.03.2008 - 21:01
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 31.03.2008 at 20:52

Ha! That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Every time I poke fun at Country music I say those three things. Damn.
----
The force will be with you, always.
31.03.2008 - 21:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Clintagräm on 31.03.2008 at 21:01

Written by Guest on 31.03.2008 at 20:52

Ha! That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Every time I poke fun at Country music I say those three things. Damn.

Country mussicna swear tradditional cowboy clouts, jeans, boots dennim jacket all how it was in beggining it will be ... sorry buy cowboys dont follow to fssion, moustly Wranglear jeans , jeans jaccket and so on and I WANNA get thos ecloust, I order wrangler jeans but cant jeans jacket( I mean that werry warmn) fucking costum taxes
----

apos;'
[image]
31.03.2008 - 21:15
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Bad English on 31.03.2008 at 21:11

Country mussicna swear tradditional cowboy clouts, jeans, boots dennim jacket all how it was in beggining it will be ... sorry buy cowboys dont follow to fssion, moustly Wranglear jeans , jeans jaccket and so on and I WANNA get thos ecloust, I order wrangler jeans but cant jeans jacket( I mean that werry warmn) fucking costum taxes

Yeah, denim's big here in America, even though it's not associated with cliche "cowboys" anymore. I don't care what you wear, but I just thought it was funny.
----
The force will be with you, always.
31.03.2008 - 21:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Clintagräm on 31.03.2008 at 21:15

Written by Bad English on 31.03.2008 at 21:11

Yeah, denim's big here in America, even though it's not associated with cliche "cowboys" anymore. I don't care what you wear, but I just thought it was funny.

Generaly its be gold diggers n cowboys wear, leither truck drivers, bickers, factory workers metalheads n so on wear tham
and denim, real dennim are in usa and better jeans how emo n goth clots , i never will give up my jeans never !!!
----

apos;'
[image]
31.03.2008 - 22:24
Smurfophagist

All this is highly unfortunate of course, but I can't help but notice that almost everyone who has posted here claims to "hate" emo's. Don't you think that's the root of the problem? Feel free to change and/or elaborate your statements.

All these violent outbursts are absurd but I fail to grasp the entire anti-emo sentiment. What have these "emo's" done to you to have pissed you off? Sure, maybe occasionally I've seen a somewhat strange looking "specimen" walk down the street but I seriously think other people's appearance and lifestyle is NOT my goddamn problem.

All in all the entire so-called issue is another demonstration of the mnakind's general disability to reason.

I do not approve of physical violence, of course, and this anti emo lynching mob is a bunch of drunkass kids who are stuck in puberty and don't have much to do in their lives.
But you asked why do we hate emo people, right? Well I'll tell you why I hate them. Emos I know are mostly these stupid rich kids who whine and whine and announce their suicide pretty much every day. Their life sucks, they have so many problems bla bla fucking bla. Tell that to my friend who was diagnosed with leukemia, and who knows that she could easily lose her life. But no! You just have to be selfish little pricks, who just keep ignoring other people. That seriously pisses me off.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
31.03.2008 - 22:24
Fhuesc
Written by -tom- on 31.03.2008 at 18:00

1. Not all were metalheads.
2. Yes, we have mind problems, but that doesn't make us retarded, just stupids.
3. You are wrong, we aren't pussies, we are dicks.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
31.03.2008 - 23:20
Inlé
Whether it's two people in burberry caps "jumping" someone for looking different, or 1,000 people, beating people up for looking different it is CHAVVY. This is from someone who finds stuff like Fueled By Fires album cover hilarious, but bringing that crap into real life is not good...

Shame on them.

And I dislike the emo fad a LOT.
01.04.2008 - 00:20
selken
Irreligious
Written by -tom- on 31.03.2008 at 18:00

It's all talk and tough guy posturing. When something interesting happens I might care but teenagers are full of crap and wouldn't dare throw a punch at anyone because their mummy would spank their bottom. I see this all the time. kids acting tough but when it comes down to it, they'd crap themselves if there was any chance of a single punch being thrown. This situation once and for all proves that teenagers are posers because 1000 people supposedly looking for a fight and what happens? 4 people injured. ;;)

maybe i get it wrong but, are you suggesting 4 people injured is too litle? did you expected deaths?.
we metalheads have a HUGE compromise, and is to BEHAVE cause out there a LOT of people think we metalheads are a bunch of vulgar, violent, drug addicts and riot creators, so we have the compromise to clean out that stereotype and let people know we can be (and are) as humans as the rest.
----
01.04.2008 - 02:22
Evil Chip
I don't have nothing against emos, they are just another kind of people and what they do doesn't really affect me. Mexican metalheads shouldn't be so proud because they're bands sucks: Moderatto, Brujeria, Alison, Panda and RBD.
01.04.2008 - 03:18
owl
Written by selken on 01.04.2008 at 00:20

we metalheads have a HUGE compromise, and is to BEHAVE cause out there a LOT of people think we metalheads are a bunch of vulgar, violent, drug addicts and riot creators, so we have the compromise to clean out that stereotype and let people know we can be (and are) as humans as the rest.
I'd only change "humans" to "civilized". All else in your sentence I agree with, thoroughly.
----
01.04.2008 - 04:47
totaliteraliter
You know what isn't metal? Being concerned about the public perception of metalheads.
01.04.2008 - 05:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by totaliteraliter on 01.04.2008 at 04:47

You know what isn't metal? Being concerned about the public perception of metalheads.

And let people continue to persecute me because of misconceptions caused by shitheads? Fuck that.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.