Metal Storm logo
Anti-emo: when intolerance becomes violence

Original post

Posted by selken, 31.03.2008 - 04:59
Hello
Read: here
I you are too lazy/tired/whatever to read it, I'll short it for you:

It's about an anti-emo movement, formed in Mexico, these movement reunited last week over 1000 people who hate emo-kids and started a witch hunting mob, in which 4 people were injured, the thing gets worse for the strange-haired dudes cause there are forming more hate groups in other points of the country and southamerica.

First I have to be sincere, I really hate emo music, and also hate the emo kids lifestyle, but that does not give the right to hurt people, my point is when we metalheads incite to the violence against other groups with different ideas we are violating our roots, do you remember the phrase "Live and let die"?

what do you think
11.06.2008 - 17:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I just saw a video or an emo girl killed somewhere (I think it was in spain). It horrified me, seriosuly. I can watch many things, but that was just ergh. the poor girl was punched, kicked, thrown rocks...

I don't like emo, nor teh way they see life, as a matter of fact I think it's only a fad. (They do have some cools shoes though), but damn, noone has teh right to do this. If someone wants to listen to a certain kinda musci and dress a certain way opr whatever is their problem. Yes, they dress gat, yes their hair stinks, yes they cut themselves. It's their opwn bussines. it's as if religious extremists started hunting and killing metalheads. People have no tolerance theses days.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
12.06.2008 - 17:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.06.2008 at 17:24

I just saw a video or an emo girl killed somewhere (I think it was in spain). It horrified me, seriosuly. I can watch many things, but that was just ergh. the poor girl was punched, kicked, thrown rocks...

wtf? killed? do you have the link or something? is it on youtube or something? that is fucking too much
12.06.2008 - 19:05
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 12.06.2008 at 17:56

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.06.2008 at 17:24

wtf? killed? do you have the link or something? is it on youtube or something? that is fucking too much

No I don't have a link. Someone sent it to my email but I erased it.
It is indeed too fuckin' much.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.06.2008 - 18:28
Piro
I dislike them because it is a fad, already its getting less popular (at least in my area), still killing someone is the solution when there are no other solutions, and should never be used just because of someone's lifestyle or choice in music.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
14.06.2008 - 20:45
Hamird
Lieutenant
I have a problem with these kids, is that i cannot recognize emo-girls and emo-boys ... i hate them. i mean emo-boys are so sweet to [beep] (joking )
14.06.2008 - 20:50
Piro
Hehe, well Emo girls are ok, the ones that are not constantly so high on marijouna, and so thin that you can see through them.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
15.06.2008 - 14:37
darksun
I hate all of them and to be honest i rarely have the feeling that they are great to deenergize your stress (kidding).
Despite all my hatred and feelings, i remember the times when other people (not becoming metalhead) looked at us as if we were aliens. So may be we should wait and give these poor emos new chances
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
16.06.2008 - 03:41
Christy
Account deleted
Emos don't bother me at all. I dislike the music genre but being "anti-emo" to that extreme is just ridiculous.
And besides, there are a lot of people out there that think metalheads/Goths/anyone that wears black (or dresses "different") is emo.
02.07.2008 - 22:01
Infurnace
Emo music is just disgusting, but I don't really have a problem with these people. I don't care if they're emo or not. It's their choice. As long as they don't bother me with their butt-kissing music. Btw, emo girls (if you can recognize them) can be pretty hot sometimes.
06.07.2008 - 14:17
Stuart
MiseryKing
I dunno, I think it's silly to hate them... they don't bother anybody, let them do what they wanna do as long as it doesn't affect me I just don't care. I'm not even sure what kind of music is emo, it just isn't recognised on my radar. sure they may congregate in town centres, but i just walk right past them, if i had lost my lighter i may even ask one to let me use their lighter. I think its very immature to hate someone simply because they use too much hairspray. I have more important things too hate, like the taxman, my credit card company, the pile of paperwork on my desk at work, fact that my heating is broken.... I hate all those things, not some small kids with bad haircuts.
10.07.2008 - 22:45
Conservationist
Emo is a poisonous virus in your civilization.

It's people being dramatic over themselves.

As a result, they do self-pitying things, and eventually fuck up your life.

Look up at the world and see how there's more than what only seems to directly affect you right now.
13.07.2008 - 06:34
selken
Irreligious
Written by Conservationist on 10.07.2008 at 22:45

Emo is a poisonous virus in your civilization.

It's people being dramatic over themselves.

As a result, they do self-pitying things, and eventually fuck up your life.

Look up at the world and see how there's more than what only seems to directly affect you right now.

maybe, but there are way more people who thinks metal's a virus

I was thinking, as the normal metalhead is not the classic drug addict, drunk dude, there could be "normal" pepole tied to emo stuff, and maybe only the most explicit ones got exposed, its just a theory...

xD
----
13.07.2008 - 15:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by selken on 13.07.2008 at 06:34

I was thinking, as the normal metalhead is not the classic drug addict, drunk dude, there could be "normal" pepole tied to emo stuff, and maybe only the most explicit ones got exposed, its just a theory...

they get exposed because they want to, though not in the way they want lol.. sure there are people who aren't that obnoxious, and there are people who listen to emo and don't even know it lol, and of course there are people who are emo but won't admit it or don't even know it! lol
16.07.2008 - 12:32
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
everyone hates people who are different. they don't like things they can't understand. some people just take it to extremes.

i listen to some of that music, doesn't bother me and i'm not slitting my wrists. i even steal some of the fashion, i like stripy socks and plastic wrist bands for a start! haha if someone wants to dress up the same as everyone else, dye thei hair black and look grumpy all the time that's up to them. it won't get them far when they reach working age! they'll grow up one day why bother to fight them over it, just smile and nod like you do with everyone else who you find weird! haha
24.08.2008 - 06:09
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i might be a bad person but if someone is like im gonna kill myself and starts cutting there wrist i say let them.
13.10.2008 - 20:26
Toast
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.08.2008 at 06:09

i might be a bad person but if someone is like im gonna kill myself and starts cutting there wrist i say let them.

You're not a bad person at all; most people would/should agree with you. The sad thing is, emo kids "say" they want to die, and cut themselves for attention but they never actually get the guts to end themselves. Most "emos" that I saw were actually rich kids who lived in houses with three garages, yet they still felt the need to complain about life which I think is really sad.

I remember the good ol' times in high school pushing around emos , I miss those days. I never actually beat them up though and despite my hatred for them i'm glad i didn't.
13.10.2008 - 20:29
Sunioj
I've been seeing more and more emo-wannabes in my city lately. I don't hate them, I just think they look fucking retarded.
13.10.2008 - 20:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i gotta agree they look retarded like hell. though i won't get into stuff like "oh they have everything going for them blah blah"... everyone's got problems, and blowing them out of proportions is something lots of people do.
13.10.2008 - 23:04
Elio
Red Nightmare
I don't like Emo ideology or way of dressing or most of the music or whatever BUT.......violence is always retarded.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
13.10.2008 - 23:50
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.10.2008 at 20:26

You're not a bad person at all; most people would/should agree with you. The sad thing is, emo kids "say" they want to die, and cut themselves for attention but they never actually get the guts to end themselves. Most "emos" that I saw were actually rich kids who lived in houses with three garages, yet they still felt the need to complain about life which I think is really sad.

I remember the good ol' times in high school pushing around emos , I miss those days. I never actually beat them up though and despite my hatred for them i'm glad i didn't.

i agree lol emos never muster up the will to actually kill themselfs
most of the emos at my school are all like "i cut myself LOOK!!"
14.10.2008 - 00:17
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Guest on 13.10.2008 at 23:50

Written by Guest on 13.10.2008 at 20:26

i agree lol emos never muster up the will to actually kill themselfs
most of the emos at my school are all like "i cut myself LOOK!!"

well...actually there's a psychological rule which is: those who really wanna do it won't openly talk about it and those who openly talk about it won't do it...and it's only a gesture... so don't worry about Emos.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
14.10.2008 - 00:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 16.07.2008 at 12:32

everyone hates people who are different. they don't like things they can't understand. some people just take it to extremes.

i listen to some of that music, doesn't bother me and i'm not slitting my wrists. i even steal some of the fashion, i like stripy socks and plastic wrist bands for a start! haha if someone wants to dress up the same as everyone else, dye thei hair black and look grumpy all the time that's up to them. it won't get them far when they reach working age! they'll grow up one day why bother to fight them over it, just smile and nod like you do with everyone else who you find weird! haha

Written by destroyah on 31.03.2008 at 12:07

All these violent outbursts are absurd but I fail to grasp the entire anti-emo sentiment. What have these "emo's" done to you to have pissed you off? Sure, maybe occasionally I've seen a somewhat strange looking "specimen" walk down the street but I seriously think other people's appearance and lifestyle is NOT my goddamn problem.

Wow, some people who actually have a rational concept of this whole situation.

Emo doesn't exist, its just a big fairy tale created by over zealous macho assholes who don't like the way these people dress so we twist their image into some big myth. Almost every single poster in this thread is 100% guilty of being one of those shallow macho assholes who feel the need to hate people for the way they dress. Its at the least a giant over-exaggeration based on the lyrical content of their music. Using this logic most metalheads should now be considered potential serial killers, satan worshipers, alcoholics, necrophiliacs, rapists, cannibals etc.

Its this whole criteria:
Emos cut themselves
Emos write in their diaries
Emos all listen to my chemical romance and HIM
Emos are depressed
Emos must where tight pants, ninja shoes, and have that swoop in front of the eyes hair cut.

Does anyone ACTUALLY honestly know anyone who fills out all these criteria?

BTW- Many types of people cut themselves, its not simply narrowed down to this one social group. (not that I have) but apparently the blood loss combined with the release of endorphins from cutting oneself does actually kill some pain for people, kind of the same thing that happens when you get a tattoo (just not as much blood loss). Do you really think its only "emos" that have discovered and resorted to this way of escape?

Speaking of which, if you actually look at the root word of "emo" you'll realize how ridiculous your concepts are. Having emotions is so....EMO! You are not allowed to be depressed, or else you will be dubbed an "emo". This is really getting out of hand, you people make me laugh.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.10.2008 - 22:13
Branzig
The only emo kids I know are the ones who I went to High School with. They were some of the most annoying little fucks I ever had to deal with. All of them pretty much had too much of daddy's money to spend, so they would all go out and get the most annoying clothes they could find. Go into a department store, buy a $60 shirt, then cut it up... throw it in mud and say they bought it at a thrift store. Try and find the most god-awful, tightest pants they could squeeze into. Wear all kinds of eye make-up, end up looking like raccoons haha. Most of them didn't even listen to "emo" music, they just used it as a fashion statement or something. It's like the opposite of punk. Instead of trying to be obnoxious and get a rise out of people and cause confrontation with your dress, they dress stupid to get attention, then cry because they don't want attention (even though they do) and pull the "why can't you just accept me for me, I'm different and artsy" card.

I hate emos and their music. Killing them is a little extreme, but a lot of the kids who I knew were a waste of space. Honestly my senior year I had an emo kid freaking out because for graduation his parents bought him a H2 (hummer!) instead of the original Humvee. He was crying because he felt his parents didn't love him and wouldn't accept him. From that day forth, I have hated all emos haha. So killing a little extreme and violence is even stupid, but I think an organized movement to rid the earth of this garbage wouldn't be bad. Just do it through rehabilitation and psychiatric help, because it's obvious that most of this stupid shits have serious mental issues
----
In Grind We Crust
25.10.2008 - 00:50
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...unfortunately this has become really common in mexico...a bunch of emo kids that get injured and stuff because they r emo...violence is disgusting, come on ppl if u dont like emo's just ignore them...i dont like them either but if i see one at the streets walking besides me i really dont care...we r all different and i think this is all about respect...if they want to cry and dress like that it's their problem...they r the ones who look funny not u...i totally disagree with this hunting bands...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
27.08.2009 - 03:31
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Written by nana.MD on 25.10.2008 at 00:50

...unfortunately this has become really common in mexico...a bunch of emo kids that get injured and stuff because they r emo...violence is disgusting, come on ppl if u dont like emo's just ignore them...i dont like them either but if i see one at the streets walking besides me i really dont care...we r all different and i think this is all about respect...if they want to cry and dress like that it's their problem...they r the ones who look funny not u...i totally disagree with this hunting bands...

HAHAHA!!!!! When I used to live in Acapulco I saw a documentary on that like 6 months ago, I think it was on TV Azteca did you see it? , but yeah I agree with you, you know why its SO!! big in el D.F. though?
26.10.2009 - 00:12
Killing someone because of the way they express themselves, especially when its usually of no consequence to you, SUCKS. It's detrimental to society's wellbeing.

I honestly don't care anymore. I used to really dislike emos, but I just can't be bothered anymore. Most of them are just stupid angsty teens anyway, who are going to grow up at some stage and realise that it was a fad, a stage in life, and come out at the other end better for it. They're a pretty passive bunch as well, albeit bordering on pathetic, so since they don't bother me, I don't bother them. Which means that I am able to coexist peacefully within the emo community. That said I don't know any. So my ability is slowly wasting away...
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
26.10.2009 - 17:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Piro on 14.06.2008 at 20:50

Hehe, well Emo girls are ok, the ones that are not constantly so high on marijouna, and so thin that you can see through them.

Why is it okay for girls to be emo, but not guys? That's like the idiots who say they hate gay men, but don't mind/like lesbians. C'mon, that's just pure sexism!

As for killing emos, that's just ridiculous! Killing someone over their dress sense or musical taste is just dumb in the extreme...
08.11.2009 - 00:51
Archetype
Since I believe that the whole thing is a fad, I think they should just be left alone. It'll die out when people stop giving them attention. Nobody should be hurt or killed because of their own insecurities or the fact that they are a slave to a trend or fad. It just means that they can't think for themself and that they're more shallow then they'd like to admit.
24.09.2010 - 21:39
Netherlander
Account deleted
Using violence against another human beeing for their appearance or lifestyle is something I puke on. Cases like Sophie Lancaster can quite literally make my blood boil. I dont care who is against who.
25.09.2010 - 00:39
Kennoth
Bunch of clueless fucktards, nothing more. I'd really like to participate in hunting the emo-hunters, if you know what I mean.

Personally, I think nothing good of emos and their music/fashion, but live and let live. I never met one, I have a mate who has an emo haircut, but he's a metalhead, so I can't really say anything about their personality either. (well, a friend of mine has a GF who is probably emo in the way she reacts to anything)

All things said, inflicting violence towards someone for their personal mindset reminds me of inquisition; never a good thing. Like most people have said, they will grow out of it in time. Hopefully.

P.S. Emo chicks are cute.
----
*insert something deep and profound*