Metal Storm logo
What philosophy do you base your life on?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.06.2006 - 15:26
As the topic indicates... What is the philosophy, quote, saying etc... that you base you life mostly on and use basicly every day in your life with yourself and your surroundings?
I mainly follow the quote : "To be or not to be? That is not the question! To BE! But to be what?" it kind of makes me think about every choice i make in my life and every path i choose to take with myself and my surrounding.
09.03.2008 - 16:51
Unerly
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.03.2008 at 04:57

Written by Guest on 09.03.2008 at 04:48

My gf is pregnant now.

Fix it later.

Yes, my point exactly. I rest my case.

Ha, I don't follow the ideology to that point, don't worry.
09.03.2008 - 20:02
Number Juan
Written by Guest on 09.03.2008 at 08:35

Written by Number Juan on 09.03.2008 at 08:11

Written by Guest on 08.03.2008 at 18:56

Read "The Fountainhead" - I guarantee you'll enjoy it. My younger sister bases her life philosophy on Ayn Rand's principles.

Thanks for the rec. I will buy the book, as soon as I get the chance.

Buy? Why not sign it out of a library?

I actually like owning books. Plus my library card has expired so I would have to get a new card, sign it out and look to see if it is there... etc. I could just go to Barnes and Noble and get it.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
10.03.2008 - 15:38
Hyvaarin
I base my life on the notion that that post is fucking hilarious.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
21.04.2008 - 12:49
Berfones
I base my life on the fact that humanity is the base for all bad thing and religion is the base for all great wars in the last few centuries
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
22.04.2008 - 23:03
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i kinda follow the philosophy that it could always be much worse and you just have to work through things
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
24.04.2008 - 11:27
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
realism and monotheism are two thin that I so much believe on
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
29.04.2008 - 05:40
Haightredy
Do what you want to in life. It all leads to the same place, so it's better to take the more enjoyable way there.
01.05.2008 - 20:10
razorblade_666
Account deleted
Wicca - new age - paganism

maybe it's only shitty fascination of slavonic or nordic mythology but i think only Nature is so logical and true to be my way in this fuckin life

i don't believe in life after death, i think that everything spiritual is in us, in our brains (drags are very smart and also dangerous bastards)
26.05.2008 - 09:20
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Written by Guest on 01.05.2008 at 20:10

Wicca - new age - paganism

maybe it's only shitty fascination of slavonic or nordic mythology but i think only Nature is so logical and true to be my way in this fuckin life

i don't believe in life after death, i think that everything spiritual is in us, in our brains (drags are very smart and also dangerous bastards)

I Agree My Beliefs "for the most part" are Native American, but all the same all Native and Indigenous people are Spiritual and Respect Nature. I believe one has to respect and give back to Mother Earth, but we live in a Greedy, Ignorant, Materialistic World now. It doesn't matter what your beliefs are one should respect Nature, but in time Mother Earth will heal herself and Humans will be no more because of our Ignorance. Nothing we do or can do Can surpass nature, Not Even Nuclear, Fusion, or Biological war. All true power works in a Cycle and the Cycle will begin again without humans.
29.05.2008 - 09:57
razorblade_666
Account deleted
Quote:

I Agree My Beliefs "for the most part" are Native American, but all the same all Native and Indigenous people are Spiritual and Respect Nature. I believe one has to respect and give back to Mother Earth, but we live in a Greedy, Ignorant, Materialistic World now. It doesn't matter what your beliefs are one should respect Nature, but in time Mother Earth will heal herself and Humans will be no more because of our Ignorance. Nothing we do or can do Can surpass nature, Not Even Nuclear, Fusion, or Biological war. All true power works in a Cycle and the Cycle will begin again without humans.

of course i agree
30.05.2008 - 02:27
Freezer
I "base" my life on this simple theory. I do whatever I want to do, without interfering with others' will
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
11.07.2008 - 09:33
MortalTheory
Account deleted
i base my life off of what i can enjoy and gain in the long run.
14.07.2008 - 15:39
Hyvaarin
Written by ArtiA on 24.04.2008 at 11:27

Hahahahahahahah holy shit irony overload.
----
14.07.2008 - 16:19
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Written by Hyvaarin on 14.07.2008 at 15:39

Written by ArtiA on 24.04.2008 at 11:27

Hahahahahahahah holy shit irony overload.

cuza my idea and cuza can
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
16.07.2008 - 14:35
Hyvaarin
...what?
----
16.07.2008 - 14:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hyvaarin on 16.07.2008 at 14:35

...what?

because it's his idea and because he can. (that's about all i understood )
07.08.2008 - 21:25
Cah
I 've a phase about philospfhy is: "Life is a theater, who doesn't allow training. So sing, cry, dance and live before the act ends" is perfect for me.
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
07.08.2008 - 21:29
belisarius
Written by Cah on 07.08.2008 at 21:25

I 've a phase about philospfhy is: "Life is a theater, who doesn't allow training. So sing, cry, dance and live before the act ends" is perfect for me.

one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century, Jean-Paul Sartre, said something similar you know
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
07.08.2008 - 21:34
Cah
Written by belisarius on 07.08.2008 at 21:29

one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century, Jean-Paul Sartre, said something similar you know

yeah.. I know.... I customized for me. lol
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
24.08.2008 - 05:32
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i base mine off of live life to beyond the fullest and when you die if you have a choice go out in the most painful way and embrace it.
06.11.2008 - 07:53
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Here are some of the rules I try to fallow in my life.

Try not to get to upset over things and its my own responsibility to have a good time in life. think of it negatively and it will be negative. think of it positively and it will eventually turn out that way.

Treat people as equals if they present themselves on that level. If they act pitiful or dumb they are usually just that, pitiful and dumb. I usually don't give these types of people much of my time.

I treat the people I care about with a basic respect on any level. and I always try to see how they are thinking if I'm frustrated with them or anything like that.

If anyone I know or care about in the least has a problem I will try to go out of my way to help them if I feel I can.

I may not fallow these all the time very time but its what I try to do and It makes me feel better when I do do it
----
Coldgrits
06.11.2008 - 07:58
Black Mass
Live fast, die young and have a good looking corpse
06.11.2008 - 09:56
Hrothdane
This is pretty much me in a nutshell:

I can make fun of myself a million times better than you can make fun of me, so you might as well stop trying

I'm apathetic to apathy. I'm going to care my ass off about everything.

No matter how much I might hate life, I love being alive.

To truly love humanity you must be neither selfless nor selfish, as the former belittles the self and the latter belittles everyone else.

I would rather help other people and occasionally get taken advantage of than do nothing.

Recognize the emotion and reason in yourself and strive to satisfy both.

Happiness isn't a goal, it is a side-effect of accomplishing what you set out to do.

Even if we have no free will, acting like we do is always best.

I'm open to the idea of a god type person thing, as long as he/she/it doesn't act anything like any god I have heard of.

Arrogance without narcissism. Sometimes you gotta be arrogant as hell to get something awesome done, but that doesn't mean you need to be an ass about it.

Respect.

I can always find reasons to be happy and reasons to be depressed, so I choose to be happy.

Never be content, but always be happy.

Depression is not romantic; it is a pit of quicksand.

Anarchy is a cop out.

I'm not wasting my life planning and preparing for another one after I die.

That is all I could think up off the top of my head lol
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
06.11.2008 - 10:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Oh, you know the old Motorhead addage, "You know the chase is better than the catch".
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.11.2008 - 03:20
Treat others how you'd like to be treated. As pathetic, useless, and quite annoying as I am, I found I got this far by being respectful to everyone that hasn't angered me to a red level.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
09.11.2008 - 19:59
_TormentoR_
Account deleted
Written by Hrothdane on 06.11.2008 at 09:56

Never be content, but always be happy.

If by this you mean that we should always try and improve ourselves then I'd say it's nicely said, and it could apply to me as well. But I wouldn't say I have a philosophy, it's just the way things turn out in the end. I'm not always trying to do something following some principle but I try to keep in mind what's best for me and then I try to act according to it.
11.11.2008 - 00:35
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...carpe diem
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
12.11.2008 - 22:19
DanielViking
Life's too short to be based on what others may think... so live to the fullest! forever a fan of sex, alchool and rock n'roll!
20.11.2008 - 22:18
Metalbound7
Working on do something memorable and glorious that will keep my name carved in History. Create a new fantasy mithology like Tolkien or George Lucas did. Write an amazing book or Film Awesomes movies. Be a legendary artist and someone that inspire people to do amazing things .

and Carpe Diem of course.
20.11.2008 - 22:25
Metalbound7

I love how that sound.