Metal Storm logo
Attitudes of 'core'ers...

25.06.2006 - 18:45
Soliloquy
dont know where this is suppose to go...move it if you like

dont really know what to call people that listen to screamo, metalcore, grindcore and other core stuff. but i honestly dont see why so many of them have this fucked up attitude about metal. what i mean is that some 2 years ago, our school, and all of my city was dominated by skaters. last year, the same skaters gave up their skateboards and became emo and imediatly went to either emo music, or core music like trivium, as i lay dying, unearthed, Napalm Death, and other core bands.

not that i'm a big fan of core music, but i'm not going to yell at core fans becuase they listen to that. i just leave them alone, and let they do what they wanna do. yet do they really have any right to bash me on my music? this isnt just around my school, and around my city. its over the net as well. like i was on this forum a few months ago, and i was sort of explaing what different genres of metal are to these people who knew NOTHING about metal. so then these random core-ers started bashing me coz i didnt mention core. and then started yelling at doom, gothic, viking, heavy etc metal becuase they all suck, and are not metal. then they said that only core is metal. everything else sucks, and only core is the true form of metal.

i didnt feel like mentioning core in those forums becuase core isnt really a direct genre of metal. its a mix between death/thrash/punk/hard core. yet they believe that core it the only true form of metal, and every other genre, including black, death, heavy, thrash, speed, prog everything, i mean EVERYTHING sucks.

why do they have such a fucked up attitude? i mean, sure i may not be into black/speed/trhash metal much, but i know those genres exist. and i know a lil about those genres. and i also know bands from taht genre that are really popular. but extream genres of metal arent just my thing. yet i know them, and respect them. the core-ers believe that there all prog, and all other genres are not real genres.

why is that? anyone?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
25.06.2006 - 19:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
*Pick me!*

They are stupid. That's all I have to say about them. They probable inherited some thoughts of the Punk scene, the arrogant thoughts. You should tell them that they are just trendfollowers as Emo, Screamo & Metalcore are de latest trends.

It is good that you respect the genres that you don't like, and they are stupid because they don't respect the roots they are coming from. Grindcore, Metalcore have clear influences in Metal, and also in Punk, so it is blind ignorance to say they are the 'real' metal. I'd say, save your money to buy a gun and blow their brains out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.06.2006 - 20:01
fire101
Account deleted
Lemme also say that just beacause someone listens to metalcore, does not mean they are hipsters (also known as GAY). I have listened to metalcore since 6th grade (now in 10th) and it wasnt exactly popular then. It was frowned upon. I still continue to love metalcore, but do not see it as the only genre that is "true". It almost sounds like a BM attitude these kids have developed. If you cant be tru and kvlt, then you suck. Period. This is a fucked-up attitude, I agree. I wish some people could just leave metal alone, since its so popular now. I want real metal back. "Real" in the sense that you dont have these "core" people infecting the scene. I want the true fans back. Not pussies.
27.06.2006 - 04:32
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Again, it goes along with the Fashionxcore shit. To a great majority of these people fashion and style dictates not only what they listen to, but what they say they listen to, and what's popular. All too common is that their appearance is more important to them than the actual talent and meaning of the music itself.

If it looks good in a mirror for Myspace, and looks good with 'Xx's around it for a screen name, they "listen" to it.
27.06.2006 - 05:21
Soliloquy
humm, whats intersting is that these same coreres, when they were skaters, they all listened to punk and other stuff. they ditched the boards, and went to a bit harsher side of punk with the vocals, and found scremo, and then went a bit further to find grind and other core stuff.

i'm not saying that in order to be a 'metal head' you HAVE to like the roots of your music. like im sure tons of people here who are into black metal dont all love bathory, or venom. nor am i saying that in order to like classical rock, you HAVE to love the beatels, but atleast you should know how music evolved, and also know the existence of other genres, and let them live beside whatever you are into. and if you dont, or cant let other genres live along your genre, then you would just end up creating a horrible image for that genre.

like, if you take that rap/hiphop shit that happend like 10 years ago. i'm sure before tupac(2pac) and biggies death, rap/hiphop wasnt half as violent. on top of that, before those two died, you wouldnt asume that every one comming from a broken/fucked up neighbough hood is carriying a gun and willing to shoot everything in his way.

like before their deaths, no one cared about the violence protrayed in the music. before Dead's death(Mayhem) no one really bothered to stop metal, or try to sensor it out. same with the suicide attempts of those kids in usa, Nevada after listening to judas priest.

so once something stupid happens, everyone gets sodomized! regardless of what side they are on
----

-Zakk Wylde
03.07.2006 - 04:56
Daru Jericho
I have to disagree with one thing though; all of the people I know who enjoy grindcore enjoy metal and are pretty much a metalhead. Afterall, isn't grindcore a type of extreme metal, despite it's -core?

I don't know much about -core kids, apart from the stereotype where they think they're al tough and can beat up anyone and they wear camoflauge trousers. I do know, however, that although a lot of them double up as emos there are those who hate emo kids. These are the ones who are more likely to partake in 'hardcore dancing'.

Still, I really despise these trends and anyone who becomes a -core kid or listens to the music just to clasp a certain image is a universal idiiot.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

03.07.2006 - 13:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Daru Jericho. I agree with you, grindcore shouldn't be placed in the same catagory as the other 'cores'.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.07.2006 - 16:41
danzig111
Account deleted
wow...........

dude, "HEAVY METAL is not Metal?" to me that just sounds like.... ASS!

lol man there's so much shit i could've said to them, i could be like, "Dude, are your girl pants on too tight or something?" or "Don't worry, in 30 years when all those genres become 'cool' you'll undoubtedly become a fan" .

And come to think ov it, i could even show them to some Manowar lyrics to prove their 'metal-ness'.
03.07.2006 - 19:17
Soliloquy
Core, regardless of the genre have an influence from an outer source that isnt exactly metal. so they have the Punk, and the Hardcore shoved into one thing, MIXED with trash/speed metal. so metal plays a smaller role in their music than hard rock and punk.

and i'm not saying they are emos. they dress like emos, or usually found lurking around emos.

@ danzig111: yeah, tell me about it. sure, it may not be as heavy as black metal, or core, but still, its metal. yet the core-ers refuse to see anything that isnt AS heavy as thier music as metal. even if black/death metal can get much more heavier, harsher, and more extream than their core music. but they have this fucked up pride issue
----

-Zakk Wylde
03.07.2006 - 23:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
yeah..someone should make them listen to some cryptopsy or vader to show them what is really the most brutal music ever...and it's not grindcore
04.07.2006 - 12:06
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
most hardcore fans are much the same as most metal fans. they dress in a way that is deemed "cool"by their peers and expect others to do the same, or they are instantly uncool. but if someone who dresses metal sees someone who dresses hardcore, then that hardcore kid is a poser.

if anything, hardcore fans are more open-minded than metal fans. how many times have you seen a metaller wearing a hardcore tee? not very often because its deemed uncool but you quite often see hardcore fans wearing 80's thrash tee's (exodus and slayer seem to be popular with the hxc kids).

if you dress metal, then whine about hardcore kids, you're an idiot

(i don't dress metal before anyone asks)
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
04.07.2006 - 12:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by -tom- on 04.07.2006 at 12:06

most hardcore fans are much the same as most metal fans. they dress in a way that is deemed "cool"by their peers and expect others to do the same, or they are instantly uncool. but if someone who dresses metal sees someone who dresses hardcore, then that hardcore kid is a poser.

if anything, hardcore fans are more open-minded than metal fans. how many times have you seen a metaller wearing a hardcore tee? not very often because its deemed uncool but you quite often see hardcore fans wearing 80's thrash tee's (exodus and slayer seem to be popular with the hxc kids).

I just read the entire thread, and this is exactly what popped into my mind. Metalheads are just as much of sheep trnedies posers whatever as the so-caleld core kids. Like you said. Core kids look down on metal kids just as much as mot of the people in this thread look down on core-kids.

EDIT: btw, THRASH is extremely heavily influenced by punk and original hardcore. SLayer even acknowledged that fact by recording a variety of HARDCORE covers on their UNdisputed Atttitude album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.07.2006 - 12:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@tommy tee, Ozman. You both have a good point there.

But aren't we all doing one and the same thing here, knowing two persons of one groupe and immidiatly thinking the entire group is like that. (Ozman, what is the big problem in the Netherlands with all the 'asielzoekers'?)

I think we should realize that the hardcore scene has got some cool guys and some narrow-minded fucks, the same as the metal-scence, the hiphop-scene and every other scene..
----

04.07.2006 - 12:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 04.07.2006 at 12:53

@tommy tee, Ozman. You both have a good point there.

But aren't we all doing one and the same thing here, knowing two persons of one groupe and immidiatly thinking the entire group is like that. (Ozman, what is the big problem in the Netherlands with all the 'asielzoekers'?)

Yes we all do that. Stereotpying groups is opart of everyday life unfortunately. Concerning 'asielzoekrs' (asylum seekers) I do it there too since I know quite a few asylum seekers because of cricket I get a very positive view of them and therefore probably think that all asylum seekers are like that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.07.2006 - 13:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
That's what I thought. So maybe this thread has lost it's point then..
----

06.07.2006 - 08:43
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
I remember this one time I asked this "core-er" who went around school proclaiming how awesome grindcore is, if he'd ever heard Siege or Napalm Death or Mesrine and he said "I don't listen to that poser shit".
06.07.2006 - 15:35
Markku
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 04.07.2006 at 12:06

Reading your posts i'm starting to think you see most metalheads as ignorant assholes, specially if they dress metal..or I'm just delusional?
06.07.2006 - 16:03
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
pretty much, yeah. but no more than any other type of trend-follower.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
06.07.2006 - 16:07
Markku
Account deleted
Dressing metal doesn't have to be following a trend, haven't you thought about that?
06.07.2006 - 16:18
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
so dressing to conform to the hardcore scenes norms isn't trend-following either? thus rendering most posts in this thread redundant if you are correct.
----

Read Watchmen.
06.07.2006 - 16:24
Markku
Account deleted
The olny thing I'm saying is that there are people out there dressing metal(with their own touch of personality not following the current trend in metal dressing) because they actually like it while not giving a shit what other people listen and are overally intelligen about music.
06.07.2006 - 16:29
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
so can there be people who dress "hardcore" because they personally want to rather than because its cool?

if so, whats your point? i made a comparison between dressing metal and dressing hardcore and you've argued with me and it pretty much boils down to me being right.

if not, how is dressing hardcore, regardless of what other people are doing, different from dressing metal regardless of what others are doing?
----

Read Watchmen.
06.07.2006 - 17:01
Markku
Account deleted
I was only talking about metal not hardcore. I wouldn't know anything about hardcore..

My posts were not meant to go with this particular subject about hardcore people
21.07.2006 - 17:58
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Th true is I hate hardcore! but if you see is the new wave of metal in our times! everything that suppose to be metal now is everything extreme! i mean, the people that likes core are merely POSERS!
01.08.2006 - 17:26
Soliloquy
/\ i wont exactly agree with that. coreres are fond of bands like In Flames and others, yet not so familiar with, or dont like Behemoth, or other black/extream/death metal bands. and often enough, they can be harder/heavier than thrash/speed metal bands.

its almost as if corers are limiting themselves to a paticular genre, and saying 'i will only this stuff that comes from this genre. anything outside the genre, i can automatically dislike/hate.'

i'm not saying coreres are stupid. nor do i think their music sucks. it just doesnt appeal to me(just like rap/hiphop/reaggeton/regge) but i'm not boycotting them. i'm just letting them be whatever they want to be. yet they are making it hard for metalheads to get along with them. and i'm not saying that each and every corer is like that. just a few. the ones who arent doing anything, go unnoticed
----

-Zakk Wylde
01.08.2006 - 19:09
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Soliloquy on 01.08.2006 at 17:26

/\ i wont exactly agree with that. coreres are fond of bands like In Flames and others, yet not so familiar with, or dont like Behemoth, or other black/extream/death metal bands. and often enough, they can be harder/heavier than thrash/speed metal bands.

generally speaking, are they more narrow minded than metal fans are?

whats your favourite snapcase album?

Written by Soliloquy on 01.08.2006 at 17:26

its almost as if corers are limiting themselves to a paticular genre, and saying 'i will only this stuff that comes from this genre. anything outside the genre, i can automatically dislike/hate.'

not like us open-minded metalheads, right?
----

Read Watchmen.
01.08.2006 - 23:15
Soliloquy
whats your problem man? did i say that they are more narrow minded than metal heads? did i say that metalheads are more open minded than any other person on earth? did i say anything? did Markku say anything? you're just shoving words in our mouth. tons of metalheads are narrow. tons of people have narrow minds, yet i'm not talking about that. i just wanna know why they target metal so?

as for snapcase. i find em boring.

but what do you think of yung joc? lil jon? artemies?

a music genre not appealing to you doesnt make you a narrow minded person. yet hating a music genre just becuase it exists is a whole different story. for example, i dont like rap becuase its just rap, and its 'cool' to not like rap. i dont like it becuase becuase it just doesnt appeal to me. am i raging a war against it? no. i could care less as to what that genre does. yet every now and then, someone from taht genre does come along and does appeal to me. but its rare. i'm guessing that makes me a narrow minded person. i'm guessing that makes the world a narrow minded person too. that makes the entire universe narrow minded fuckers.
----

-Zakk Wylde
02.08.2006 - 00:13
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
right, you said "coreres are fond of bands like In Flames and others, yet not so familiar with, or dont like Behemoth, or other black/extream/death metal bands" as though someone who doesn't like metal much should know a lot about underground metal. how much do you think an average metal fan knows about underground hardcore? your post seemed to imply that hardcore fans not knowing much about the metal underground is different from metallers knowing nothing about hardcore.

read the replys to this thread up until my first post. and you wonder why im being argumentative? i don't have a problem here, im just questioning the points people have made. i believe that is a reasonable thing to do on a discussion board. i haven't been offensive.

"a music genre not appealing to you doesnt make you a narrow minded person"

i agree. again, read the posts in this thread up until my first reply. do these post seem like the opinions of people that have made an informed opinion on hardcore?

" i just wanna know why they target metal so?"

why do metal fans target hardcore? the mysteries of life....
----

Read Watchmen.
02.08.2006 - 02:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by -tom- on 02.08.2006 at 00:13

or emo? or rap? or nu-metal? or anything not metal?

Or get horribly upset and fly off the handle when someone calls them on their hypocrisy?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.08.2006 - 01:50
Soliloquy
Written by -tom- on 02.08.2006 at 00:13

right, you said "coreres are fond of bands like In Flames and others, yet not so familiar with, or dont like Behemoth, or other black/extream/death metal bands" as though someone who doesn't like metal much should know a lot about underground metal. how much do you think an average metal fan knows about underground hardcore? your post seemed to imply that hardcore fans not knowing much about the metal underground is different from metallers knowing nothing about hardcore.

read the replys to this thread up until my first post. and you wonder why im being argumentative? i don't have a problem here, im just questioning the points people have made. i believe that is a reasonable thing to do on a discussion board. i haven't been offensive.

"a music genre not appealing to you doesnt make you a narrow minded person"

i agree. again, read the posts in this thread up until my first reply. do these post seem like the opinions of people that have made an informed opinion on hardcore?

oh no no no. ive made sure, or atleast tried to introduce tons of metal bands, heavy or not. ranging from gothic metal , to behemoth and tons of other bands. first of all, they said that doom metal is not metal simply because its slow. gothic metal shouldnt be called metal coz its filled with stupid goths. heavy metal is very epically annoyingly retarded(i think they confused it with power metal?), power metal is lord of the rings wanna bes, death metal-other than a few riffs on a few Death's albums, they hated everything. black metal, other than a few drum lines on behemoth, they hated everything simply becuase its not 'hard enough'. and a few thrash/speed metal bands that i showed em, they said that it wasnt good UNTIL i told em that its speed or thrash metal. then they were like 'oh yeah? never mind, this shit rocks!'

and the same reviews have come from tons of core-ers all over the place. in person or online, it mattered little to them. most of them didnt even give the cds a try. a few did, and were nice enough to say why they didnt like the albums. and that i respect. but the others who heard like 1 minute of the first song and rejected the entire cds is soemthing i find rather annoying. then they gave me a try and gave me a bunch of their favorite cds (some of them i aready knew coz my firend used to be into that music before) and i wont lie, i did like afew songs. but most of them didnt really show me something new, and therefore didnt appeal to me.

i understand what you mean. but if you take people who listen to rap for example..they dont really target metal. they just say 'this is noise. not music' and just leave it at that. and almost every other genre says soemthign along these lines about metal. 'i dont like the screamo music ' 'i dont like the noise' 'how can you listen to these screams and noise?' they dont really go out of their way to drag metal down.

yeah, sure metalheads always target everything that isnt metal. or almost everything that isnt metal. metalheads have their own pride and their issues, but thats besides the point. but core-ers would automatically reject almost every metal genre out there, including trash and speed UNTIL they know that its actually thrash and speed metal

so my original question still stands. any paticular reason why corers hate metal?
----

-Zakk Wylde