Metal Storm logo
Carpathian Forest

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 08:03
There's not a complete new forum without a thread about the greatest BM band hehehe...

No,really... I love Carpathian Forest, "Strange Old Brew" is my favourite album of the genre... first of all, I love their rocker attitude, their unserious pose, their lyrics, the variety in their music... They can be a true BM band but still use saxophones and amient sounds, they're very creative also... comments?
02.07.2006 - 13:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Strange Old Brew is good.. but that would also erase the chance of seeing them live for you. Though I don't think they've come to Chile, have they?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.07.2006 - 17:42
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Top band. Defending the Throne of Evil is by far my favourite, a masterpiece. I also enjoyed Morbid Fascination and Fuck You All!!! and the others prior to that I haven't given much of a listen.
03.07.2006 - 11:29
FjellFisk
Account deleted
great band \m/ the dvd they put out was packed and very well worth it.
05.07.2006 - 22:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
To ease my mourning, I bought the Limited Box edition of Fuck You All!!!! and it surprised me. I love it! I have not yet had the chance to listen to it in it's entirity, but so far it is real good. They have become a bit softer, but also more punkier, and that's a real good thing.

Hail Carpathian Forest!
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.07.2006 - 06:34
Invoked
Account deleted
I'd like to hear more from CF, I've only heard "Defending the Throne of Evil" and "Skjend Hans Lik". I didn't really like DtToE because it was drifitng from their older, more fun "black-and-roll" style and instead favoring that cheesy synth-driven drivel that's being way too overdone recently. Sounds like their new album is good though, I'll definately pick it up!
06.07.2006 - 13:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Their newest release is more Roll than Black. Nattefrost even uses some other screams, besides his well-known Black Metal screams. If you are a bit open-minded, it is going to rock your world!
----

06.07.2006 - 17:00
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Carpathian Forest have always had a strong emphasis on the roots of black metal, and staying true to the genre, hence the 'black and roll' sound evident in their albums.
08.07.2006 - 14:31
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Normally i REALLY hate it when bands disband, but in this case i think it is a good thing. They will have finished on a high note instead of carrying on and making albums which will deteriorate and become weaker as they continue.

"Carpathian Forest have always had a strong emphasis on the roots of black metal, and staying true to the genre, hence the 'black and roll' sound evident in their albums."

Some would argue that "Black and Roll" isnt true black metal....
08.07.2006 - 14:54
King Antichrist
Account deleted
"Normally i REALLY hate it when bands disband, but in this case i think it is a good thing. "

The broke up?

Link plz.
09.07.2006 - 03:10
Daru Jericho
Written by Guest on 08.07.2006 at 14:54

"Normally i REALLY hate it when bands disband, but in this case i think it is a good thing. "

The broke up?

Link plz.

There's some info about it on the previous page of this thread I believe.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

19.07.2006 - 18:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yes, I read it in an interview. That's all the info I have about it, though.
----

20.07.2006 - 00:05
Daru Jericho
Well, apparently this coming Februrary (yup, it's very far away) Carpathian Forest will be appearing on the Domination Tour! I think they plan to do some UK dates immediately after that too which makes me wonder, seeing as this past Domination Tour came to the UK. Hopefully it'll be the same deal and I get to see them twice in a very short space of time. Eh, I wish it was February
----

20.07.2006 - 13:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Daru Jericho, what is your source?

I only know of http://www.tnbm.tk/, but it doesn't look too professional..
----

29.07.2006 - 02:01
Erotic Funeral
Account deleted
they havent split up, the band say they will split up lot until recently, after the album and tour they are back on focus

www.tnbm.no is the official website, they dont want it all flashy and thats why its not
29.07.2006 - 03:37
Daru Jericho
Written by Lucas on 20.07.2006 at 13:25

Daru Jericho, what is your source?

I only know of http://www.tnbm.tk/, but it doesn't look too professional..

It's on Blabbermouth (yup...I know but it's still hope):

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=55195

They're supposed to be supporting Rotting Christ too for an EU tour. RC are good but I'd rather see more of CF.
----

29.07.2006 - 21:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Thanks for the sites. Ah well, two good bands. I should be happy with that.
----

30.07.2006 - 00:02
Daru Jericho
I sure as hell am. I'm sure more awesome bands will join the Domination Tour too seeing as last year had a killer lineup.
----

08.08.2006 - 19:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
That would be great. I've been listening to Fuck You All!!! lately and I like it more and more.
----

09.08.2006 - 04:06
Daru Jericho
Everytime I hear 'Shut Up, There Is No ExcuseTo Live' on that album I have to wildy headbang along to it. It's great!

In the latest CF news: melo black band Mystic Circle will join CF as supports on the Rotting Christ tour which should take place after the Domination Tour. Great news! I've always wanted to see Mystic Circle (I missed 'em last year) and seeing them added to this near perfect lineup actually made my day. If this tour doesn't hit London I'll be very very very depressed, to say the least.
----

09.08.2006 - 06:54
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Thousands of listens?
Can definately agree thats its up the top of the releases this year.
09.08.2006 - 11:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Haha, well, maybe he exaggerated a little bit, but I have listened to it a LOT.

My favorite song is: 'Start Up The Incinerator (Here Comes Another Fool).

At the intro of the song, when the vocals go all mad. 'Start it uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup'. Crazy shit.
----

17.08.2006 - 15:21
Vintervarg
Account deleted
They are one of the best black metal bands ever. They made the best BM concert I've ever seen - "We're Going To Hollywood For This". The best show ever!

"Fuck You All!!!" rulz and it's one of their best albums so far.

HAIL THE MIGHTY CARPATHIAN FOREST!!!
17.08.2006 - 19:21
Basso
Account deleted
I recently bought Strange Old Brew and it totally rocks. MUCH MUCH better than Defending the throne of evil wich in my opinion is rather weak.
17.08.2006 - 20:37
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Strange Old Brew is awesome! You must check out Fuck You All too!
I also like the solo-project of Nattefrost.
17.08.2006 - 21:26
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.08.2006 at 20:37

Strange Old Brew is awesome! You must check out Fuck You All too!
I also like the solo-project of Nattefrost.

Is Fuck you all in the vein of DTOE? If it is I wont buy it :/
18.08.2006 - 21:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Fuck You All!!!!!! is way more punkier, more songs less shit (like a lot of weird stuff on SOB), and some punk vocals. Vocals that are screamed, but not the black metal way. Good stuff, great stuff!
----

18.08.2006 - 22:02
Daru Jericho
The final track 'Shut Up, There Is No Excuse To Live' is my favourite on the latest. Everytime I hear it I want to go crazy.
----

19.08.2006 - 16:01
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Hehehe... I go crazy on " the frostbitten woodlands of norway". But all the songs are great. Fuck You All is pure 10/10.
19.08.2006 - 23:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I go crazy about 'Start Up The Incinerator'. Too much good songs.
----

12.10.2006 - 23:00
W-Lash
Metal Master
Anybody can tell me whether "Journey To The Cold Moors Of Svarttjern" is available in not-demo record or not?