Metal Storm logo
Vital Remains

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 26.06.2006 - 21:43
I performed a search and no one has made a thread about this band yet, so I shall have the honors of starting it. Vital Remains is a death metal band from New York (I think) that is fronted by Deicide lead singer/bassist, Glen Benton. They are a great band which produces marvelous music, with their "Dechristianize" album praised greatly here on Metal Storm. In this topic, you can post your opinions on the band along with your favorite album, song, etc. My favorite songs would have to be 'Dechristianize', 'At War With God', and 'Entwined By Vengeance'.
08.03.2007 - 01:39
Winter Death
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 07.03.2007 at 23:30

1) It's all a matter of taste. I didn't say I didn't like the band.

2) Due to the fact one is bored by a song, the fact that the song is long only makes it worse.

3) I know.

1) GOOD POINT1

2)goOD POINT

3) GREATEST POINT YET
08.03.2007 - 02:33
Stigmatized
Ok, my bad. Sorry for having a difference in opinion.
08.03.2007 - 07:20
Winter Death
Account deleted
All right, enough bitching at each other. There is something else that needs to be talked about:

Album art for the new record is online:

http://centurymedia.com/temp/vital.remains.cover.art/Vital.Remains.Icons.Of.Evil.Final.version.jpg

Video of Dave doing the drum track for "Hammer Down the Nails," a song off the new record:

http://www.myspace.com/vitalremains

That song is beyond badass and they only give you 2 minutes worth. I am getting pumped up for this record.
08.03.2007 - 09:03
Eight
Shapeshifter
Great! Looking forward to get my hands on it. Jesus looks like hes in pain, spare him.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
08.03.2007 - 11:29
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Thats an awsome looking cover art, If I had no idea of the band I'd pick it up just for that!! Also bloody hell, Suzuki kills on the drums. Thats first time ive seen a video of him drumming and daaamn.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.03.2007 - 13:25
Basso
Account deleted
Theese guys are announced to play at wacken this year. I look forward to seeing them there.
08.03.2007 - 17:15
kackbratze
Written by Guest on 08.03.2007 at 13:25

Theese guys are announced to play at wacken this year. I look forward to seeing them there.

Oh yeah, me too. Will Glen Benton be there or their other vocalist?
08.03.2007 - 22:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Oh, it will be Glen Benton.
08.03.2007 - 23:19
kackbratze
Holy shit! It's gonna be so awesome to see this guy live. In general the 2007 wacken line-up is so PHANTASMAGORIC! Except Bullet for my Valentine of course. x_X But it will be the first REAL wacken I will experience. Last year the only bands that wowed me were Celtic Frost and Morbid Angel. Well, yes...

DECHRISTIANIZE!!!

I can't wait for "Icons of Evil"...
09.03.2007 - 01:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by kackbratze on 08.03.2007 at 23:19

Holy shit! It's gonna be so awesome to see this guy live. In general the 2007 wacken line-up is so PHANTASMAGORIC! Except Bullet for my Valentine of course. x_X But it will be the first REAL wacken I will experience. Last year the only bands that wowed me were Celtic Frost and Morbid Angel. Well, yes...

DECHRISTIANIZE!!!

I can't wait for "Icons of Evil"...

ahh fuck I read things too quickly and I thought you were asking if he was going to be on their new album. I did some research, but I was unable to find out who is doing vocals for them at Wacken. My bad...
09.03.2007 - 05:10
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
A new track off of the album, "Hammer Down the Nails," was posted online. Anyone that hasn't checked it out already can find it on the Century Media Vital Remains page.

Oh, and it totally fucking crushes.
09.03.2007 - 05:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
fuck yeah...that song rules. The computer I'm currently on doesn't have any speakers, so I had to listen to it fairly quietly from the tower itself. I could still tell that they have no intention on slacking.
09.03.2007 - 16:53
Eight
Shapeshifter
Argh! I have it! Tho i have listened to it only one time, its a damn great album, have to listen to it for some more when i have free time
----

10.03.2007 - 00:06
Stuff1056
Account deleted
I discovered this band because of Glen Benton. Can't get enough of 'em!
10.03.2007 - 03:12
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Icons of Evil leaked, and hollllllyyyy fuck is it amazing.
10.03.2007 - 23:01
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by spirit_inblack on 10.03.2007 at 06:44

In the last couple of months I started listening to them and paying more attention to them and they have quickly become one of my favorite bands. How could anyone not like this band? The music is brutal and the soaring leads are amazing, as well as the drumming. Can't wait to hear the new shit!

Same words, tho i have heard their new stuff, it is amazing
----

12.03.2007 - 08:36
Eight
Shapeshifter
It is like a sequel, in the Dechristianize Jesus was sent to the cross and in Icons Of Evil we has nailed to it, right? I must say that this album is really good, i have listened to it much, but... Dechristianize in my opinion is better that the new one.
----

12.03.2007 - 23:17
Opium
Account deleted
I heard "Icons of Evil" today and, well, it was awesome, they delivered, as always, slightly more edgier in terms of sound, when compared to "Dechristrianize" and there's no parts where I find myself thinking they could have avoided this part, unlike their previous album. "Icons of Evil" definitely has potential to be album of the year, in my opinion.
11.04.2007 - 19:46
marin
Account deleted
"Icons Of Evil" is one great album... Intro "Where Is Your God Now" is brutal... songs are also brutal: brutal riffs everything with melodic solos....
11.04.2007 - 19:56
APOHAKC
The Bard
Awesome band, I can't forgive myself for missing them few weeks ago here. I like them for some time and people told me that they are even better on stage... Anyway good and qualtity Death Metal, they are on stage for some time and I must respect all they have done in their career...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.04.2007 - 19:59
marin
Account deleted
I can hardly wait to see them in Dubrovnik on 27.4
11.04.2007 - 20:00
marin
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 11.04.2007 at 19:56

Awesome band, I can't forgive myself for missing them few weeks ago here. I like them for some time and people told me that they are even better on stage... Anyway good and qualtity Death Metal, they are on stage for some time and I must respect all they have done in their career...

I think they come in Belgrade on 25.4
11.04.2007 - 20:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 11.04.2007 at 20:00

They will, but I won't be able to go then, cause Saxon is playing in Belgrade on that same day, at least I can see Suffocation...

EDIT: Vital Remains is on 25.4 again, but I won't be able to go anyway... Money after Saxon...
----
11.04.2007 - 20:12
marin
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 11.04.2007 at 20:06

Written by Guest on 11.04.2007 at 20:00

They will, but I won't be able to go then, cause Saxon is playing in Belgrade on that same day, at least I can see Suffocation...

EDIT: Vital Remains is on 25.4 again, but I won't be able to go anyway... Money after Saxon...

Yeah I understand you my friend won't go on Vital because Saxon... and yet other friend will go first on saxon in ZG, then in Dubrovnik on Vital
11.04.2007 - 20:18
APOHAKC
The Bard
I spent almost all my pay for concert this mounth, I will probably eat from the grabage can I saw Iron Maiden, bought tickets for Rotting Christ and missed them, I will see Kamelot, Nanowar and Saxon... And + travel costs to Belgrade and food, drink...
----
12.05.2007 - 17:27
__Az__
Only just recently got into this band after the release of 'Icons Of Evil'. I really enjoyed it, one of the best death releases Ive heard in quite some time.

I agree with Opium, this album definately has the credentials to be considered for death album of the year. Cant see anything beating it so far, possibly behemoth's new album later though...
15.05.2007 - 18:24
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
At last I've listened to "Deschristianize" and now I understand why this album is so praised here on MS : "Entwined by vengeance" is so great!!
Gonna listen to "Icons of Evil" ASAP
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
15.05.2007 - 19:08
Stigmatized
Meh, I thought Icons of Evil was pretty bland, just like Dechristianize. Just not a fan, except for the track "Dechristianize". :
15.05.2007 - 20:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I bought Icons of Evil yesterday and I like it. It's not nearly as good as Dechristianize though, which I think is a masterpiece. Glen's vocals sound kinda layered and the riffs aren't as good as the previous album, but it's still brutal as shit. That Suzuki mother fucker is incredibly fast on the drums, and the brutality of the drumming matches well with Benton. I really enjoyed some of the solos as well, especially the unexpected accoustic one. If I had to rate it, I'd give it an 8 or something.
16.05.2007 - 05:48
Megad3th
Sick Minded
Icons Of Evil is a sick album indeed... awesome materials...