Metal Storm logo
Your Clothing Style(read first post)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 16.09.2008 - 18:52
really simple question, which out of these do you prefer?

1. metalhead:

you all know this: band shirts, denim, black leather, metal, spikes, chains and of course the gloves of metal.. mostly not crackerjack clothes lmao.

2. gothic:

morbid, somber, mostly black stuff, jewelery, really long coats, huge black boots, generally what a vampire would dress like.

3. regular- regular, crackerjack clothes, the stuff most people would wear.

out of the list i choose regular as i don't wear my band shirts that often, and other than those i have no other accessory that links to metal music

i would have included more options but i know only very few people around here dress other than this. if it's not in those 3 categories, i put an "other" option but remember to still answer the question.

Poll

which?

regular
typical metalhead
other(SPECIFY GODDAMIT)
gothic

Total votes: 180
30.01.2011 - 05:54
MetallicA
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.01.2011 at 06:11

Unlike the US, most chavs are white, not black.

yeah, it seems like here in the US, black people who come from other countries hate the blacks who are born here. I think it's because those that were born here cause so much damn trouble and forget all the hard work & struggles their parents went through. Those that immigrate here work their asses off and have good morals. There are plenty of black people in the classes I take and most of them are foreign born. Even my physics professor is from Nigeria. Plenty of US-born blacks could give too shits about an education...it's sad especially because they could go to school for free if they kept their grades up and actually graduate high school and then actually contribute to society in a positive way. I know there are plenty of US-born blacks who have their head in the right place...I was in a room full of them at my recruiter's office last week and even they hate those damn hoodrats! ok, /rant

hmmm what was this topic about? oh yeah, clothing style. It's funny what something like that can turn into lol
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
30.01.2011 - 12:12
Vivi'
My style is elegant. I wear black plus white, purple, pink, red, blue, brown plus heels or elegant shoes most of the time. Well, I have a dark purple lipstick which is kind of gothic...

I don't know about the others, but I do work and even though black looks perfect on me, I can't wear it to work. And I don't want to anymore - I have my own style and opinion.
30.01.2011 - 15:04
ANGEL REAPER
BTW i could never gonna wear suits,ties ,and such ....and when I'm asked to wear polite clothes I always had some band T-shirt under,just to prove my point,and piss everybody off...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.01.2011 - 18:29
TheBigRossowski
I chose other because I occassionally wear my bathrobe and sandals to concerts if the weather is fine. I get some strange looks from people who title themselves as "individuals" yet match the rest of their groups.

The Dude abides!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
30.01.2011 - 18:38
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by MetallicA on 30.01.2011 at 05:54

Written by Angelic Storm on 29.01.2011 at 06:11

Unlike the US, most chavs are white, not black.

yeah, it seems like here in the US, black people who come from other countries hate the blacks who are born here. I think it's because those that were born here cause so much damn trouble and forget all the hard work & struggles their parents went through. Those that immigrate here work their asses off and have good morals. There are plenty of black people in the classes I take and most of them are foreign born. Even my physics professor is from Nigeria. Plenty of US-born blacks could give too shits about an education...it's sad especially because they could go to school for free if they kept their grades up and actually graduate high school and then actually contribute to society in a positive way. I know there are plenty of US-born blacks who have their head in the right place...I was in a room full of them at my recruiter's office last week and even they hate those damn hoodrats! ok, /rant

xD
11.02.2011 - 06:46
MetallicA
Written by Vivi' on 30.01.2011 at 12:12

My style is elegant. I wear black plus white, purple, pink, red, blue, brown plus heels or elegant shoes most of the time. Well, I have a dark purple lipstick which is kind of gothic...

I don't know about the others, but I do work and even though black looks perfect on me, I can't wear it to work. And I don't want to anymore - I have my own style and opinion.

I have to wear a uniform to work. Khaki pants and a black collared shirt. Puke. lol
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
11.02.2011 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vivi' on 30.01.2011 at 12:12

Pictures please and where do you work?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.02.2011 - 14:33
Vivi'
I work as a Primary School Teacher.
11.02.2011 - 17:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vivi' on 11.02.2011 at 14:33

I work as a Primary School Teacher.

what do you teach?
In Svcandinavia in schools are free dress code I like, even offical places where you go look for a job and there where shood eb suit one ghuy has beard, long long hair, in his office was Immortral poster and he listens black metal whyle working whit clients
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.02.2011 - 18:21
Vivi'
I teach everything to children 7-11 years old. Well, it depends - I can go to work dressed like a gothic or metal fan, but I don't really like it anymore.
12.02.2011 - 01:16
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I wear jeans and a metal shirt usually. Really whatever. If you put yourself into one of those sections, shame on you. You do not need a fucking uniform to get by.
13.02.2011 - 07:37
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Jeans and a t-shirt, usually a band shirt, sometimes without underwear, year round.
13.02.2011 - 10:58
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.02.2011 at 07:37

Jeans and a t-shirt, usually a band shirt, sometimes without underwear, year round.

The girls must love that
13.02.2011 - 17:47
IronAngel
I voted Other. I don't have any specific style, but I try not to be your boring regular bloke. I'm a slim guy so I tend to go for fairly close-fitting clothes. Straight slim-fit jeans, the occasional combat trousers (though I broke my last ones a good while ago) or straight pants (the kind you'd wear with a suit) and I really like corduroy pants. Comfortable and good-looking. I'm not a metalhead, but I do wear band shirts every now and then. Good-looking shirts by good bands, anyway. (Right now I'm actually wearing a too large Blind Guardian longsleeve, but I guess it's fine to be geeky every once in a while!) Mostly I wear thin and close-fitting sweaters (not those ulgy hipster sweaters!) or collared shirts. I got two pairs of regular, black leather shoes, some miscellaneous cheap shoes and warm combat boots for the winter.

Got a few garments like scarves and hats (an artsy beret, too) and shit to use in appropriate situations, but they're not in regular use. Like I said, I don't have a specific style or shop anywhere specific, but if I'm going somewhere I do try to pay some attention to what I'm wearing and alter between styles and outfits regularly. I don't strongly identify with any single subculture and I especially don't subscribe to the modern individualist delusion of "just being yourself" so I don't want to identify with one specific style, either.

I like purple, dark red, teal/turquoise, brown, gray, black and white as far as colors go.
16.02.2011 - 04:40
Deadgirl
I voted for other because I don't dress in the same style every day. But overall I'd place myself somewhere between metalhead, gothic, and pinup. Because I loves me some band shirts and pencil skirts. Not together, though -- that would look ridiculous. (Or would it...)
----
Remember that you are mortal.
24.02.2011 - 03:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Deadgirl on 16.02.2011 at 04:40

I voted for other because I don't dress in the same style every day. But overall I'd place myself somewhere between metalhead, gothic, and pinup.

damn, i was skipping through the thread and thought you wrote "pimp" instead of pinup. might i say that would have been far awesomer? why yes, i might!
24.02.2011 - 04:29
Deadgirl
Written by Valentin B on 24.02.2011 at 03:16

damn, i was skipping through the thread and thought you wrote "pimp" instead of pinup. might i say that would have been far awesomer? why yes, i might!

I kind of want to get an elaborate, brightly colored skirt suit now. And a hat with a feather in it.
----
Remember that you are mortal.
24.02.2011 - 07:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Deadgirl on 24.02.2011 at 04:29

Written by Valentin B on 24.02.2011 at 03:16

I kind of want to get an elaborate, brightly colored skirt suit now. And a hat with a feather in it.

that would certainly allow me to recommence my previous state of approval of you.
24.02.2011 - 07:34
Thunderhead
"I dress in black baby!" - David DeFeis (I dress in black from Virgin Steele's Life among the ruins album)

Well...i voted other.
I only dress as a "metalhead" when i'm playing in concerts with my band.
Any other time you will find me wearing jeans, or trunks (when it's hot), t-shirts (Sometime band t-shirts), leather jackets (when it's cold), my leather shoes...
And with an social/formal clothes when i'm working.

That is it!
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
24.02.2011 - 19:53
I guess other but, I wear a significant amount of band shirts, but also movie or sports shirts, jeans and/or camo pants and sneakers. I work in a stockroom and my boss is awesome so there's no dress code for me. Comfortable geek might be the best way of putting it.
----
Neurosis and Metal since '87
25.02.2011 - 15:36
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Bloody_Footprint on 24.02.2011 at 19:53

Comfortable geek might be the best way of putting it.

+1

Likewise, my 'geeky' t-shirts outnumber my band t-shirts 2:1 lol. Not to mention my beloved Marvel Hoody.
25.02.2011 - 21:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 25.02.2011 at 15:36
+1

Likewise, my 'geeky' t-shirts outnumber my band t-shirts 2:1 lol. Not to mention my beloved Marvel Hoody.

I am a geek, and am not afraid to admit it. I got a free Marvel vs Capcom t-shirt with my copy of the game. lol
25.02.2011 - 21:30
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.02.2011 at 21:09

Written by Guest on 25.02.2011 at 15:36
+1

I am a geek, and am not afraid to admit it. I got a free Marvel vs Capcom t-shirt with my copy of the game. lol

Ah lucky, I haven't got it yet.
02.03.2011 - 02:16
Lord Grim
I voted other due to the fact that I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and there are only two uniforms in which I wear on a daily basis. ACU's and PT uniform, that is all. Now, when I get to go on leave several months from now, I will be dressed in my usually, classy yet casual apparel.
----
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary in life."
03.03.2011 - 22:55
Just whatever is cheap and looks slick, ive gone through my phazes, had long hair, wear metal shirts from time to time, when I shop though its cheap and what looks slick, whether its metal or not.
----
Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.
03.03.2011 - 23:18
Mikyz
I dress in casual cloth, my favorite combination is trunks + Black or Dark shirt or the occasional Band T + Sweat-Shirt with hoodie and zipper (in the winter) usually also a dark color+ necklace, watch, bracelets + earphones (cuz i always have them on).
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
06.03.2011 - 20:12
Elodie Artour
Slania
Okay, it's time for me to get all fancy and girlie!

Ever since I've got into metal, this style has affected the ways I dress. I wear mostly dark stuff (especially black) but that doesn't mean I don't have colourful clothes, either. Every once in a while, people can see me wearing more metull-like stuff (such as combat boots, loose black sweatshirts and so on.) For instance, one of my favourite sweatshrits has a weird picture on the back, animal ears on the topknot and adjusted-to-the-sleeves paw-handgloves. Take a look:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/16755_1283305123823_1265954812_30861690_7625408_n.jpg

However, my usual dressing style includes: tons of black stuff, T-shirts, vests, some long-sleeved shirts, normal sweatshirts which don't make me look like sort-of-a-metalhead, pullovers, tunics (which I personally find adorable!), jeans, wedges (damn, I love wedges!), etc. I also have 2 or 3 skirts and a few dresses, as well which I definitely prefer to skirts. During summer, I usually wear jeans and shorter trousers, singlets, T-shirts and other light stuff. On the other hand, winter is the time when I mostly wear loose clothes and such ones which are more comfortable and warm rather than fancy. (That doesn't mean I don't look stylish during winter, though. )

As for shoes, my favourite type are boots but I also wear sneakers (this kind: http://hypebeast.com/image/2008/04/cause-lame-sneaker-ss08-4.jpg ), sandals (during summer,) high-heeled shoes, etc. Unlike most women, though, I don't have many pairs of shoes.

A weird fact about me is that I actually like wearing things which do not seem comparable. I also enjoy having tons of clothes on when it's cold outside.

Soo, I guess that's it for now.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.03.2011 - 23:07
^^ I too enjoy lots of clothes on when it is cold.
----
Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.
08.03.2011 - 00:07
Drunken Master
Account deleted
Plain clothes, usually with no logos or band tshirts, im not paying to advertise for someone else, and really cheap white shoes that get black in a month
08.03.2011 - 20:58
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by TehPrinceOfMetal on 07.03.2011 at 23:07

^^ I too enjoy lots of clothes on when it is cold.

Yeey, how awesome is that?
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...