Metal Storm logo
Favourite Dimmu Borgir album

Poll

Which is your favourite Dimmu Borgir album?

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Stormblåst
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
Spiritual Black Dimensions
Death Cult Armageddon
For All Tid
In Sorte Diaboli
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ME DECIDE, BOLLOCKS!

Total votes: 92
21.10.2008 - 11:29
Yossarian
Hi all,

This great band have provided a pretty freshness in the metal style mixing perfectly brutalism and melody. I have not found any other band in which the keyboards sound so "metallic".

I am creating all these polls mostly following the amount of fans that all these bands have in this web.
21.10.2008 - 11:33
Yossarian
My vote goes for number 8. I really can,t fucking decide from Stormblast to Puritanical including both and I also like In Sorte Diaboli a lot....No I can,t decide. I can only say that "For all Tid" shows that they were a band trying to find their style and technique and Death Cult Armageddon is a bit boring for me. Besides, the keyboards in this last are not so brutal, so death-black as in the other albums.
21.10.2008 - 12:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Only 2 albums ''Stormblåst'' and For All Tid'' because those are real old DB albums nothing commercal, and musicalay its better but I like so much artwork of those albums, music too, realy Im not so huge DB fan, but those 2 are good
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.10.2008 - 14:11
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I guess I'll vote for Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. I loved the Death Cult style, but I still prefer Enthrone and Stormblast better.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
21.10.2008 - 15:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Stormblåst [not the awful version from 2005]

It was a hard decision between the first two... EDT is the last album that I trully enjoy while the others that come next have some average songs, except PEM that it's actually ok.

But the first two.. Damn, beautiful atmosphere. I like how the songs are not that fast but really stick on your head. Really cold music.

For All Tid is an awesome album, but Stormblåst is 3 levels above their debut.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.10.2008 - 15:38
MathC
Account deleted
Enthrone is where they topped their musical skill and should've retired.
22.10.2008 - 06:50
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
I voted puritanical... IMO the most epic, and most powerful at the same time, enthrone is close second though...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
22.10.2008 - 12:40
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.10.2008 at 15:31

Stormblåst [not the awful version from 2005]

It was a hard decision between the first two... EDT is the last album that I trully enjoy while the others that come next have some average songs, except PEM that it's actually ok.

But the first two.. Damn, beautiful atmosphere. I like how the songs are not that fast but really stick on your head. Really cold music.

For All Tid is an awesome album, but Stormblåst is 3 levels above their debut.

Totally with you first 2 are great also ISD has nice tracks
----
Stay Metal !!!
22.10.2008 - 19:19
Branzig
Oh man, I love ALL their albums! I use them almost everyday of my life! I'm surprised by all the things I can use their CDs for. I mean, every single CD makes an AMAZING coaster! Now my coffee table doesn't get those ugly swirl marks that condensatng cups leave behind and it's all thanks to Dimmu! One time I was sitting in my practice room and I broke my last pick! I was so distraught, until I realized that I had my beer sitting on a copy of "Death Cult." I was so excited, I picked it up, and cut about 7 guitar picks out of it! Yes! Thank you again Dimmu! Finally, one day my little puppy had a little accident in the kitchen. I was in horror, what in the world could I use to clean this up with?! Well lucky me! There was a copy of "In Sorte Diaboli" sitting on the counter that I was using to cut tomatoes with earlier, I grabbed it by the side and, Ta-Da! Turns out that this shit makes a GREAT pooper-scraper-scooper too!

I am truly amazed at all the practical applications there are for a Dimmu Borgir CD. I highly suggest that everyone go out and buy their entire discography! You'll never listen to the CDs, but their everyday use in a household is stellar.

Thanks DIMMU!
----
In Grind We Crust
22.10.2008 - 22:38
Abattoir
Staff
Dimmu Borgir has made a several good albums. My vote goes to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, cuz easily saying, I like all the songs on this album, especially the first three. Great staff
23.10.2008 - 10:50
Yossarian
I am a person who can not understand sarcasm, so I had sent a recommendation in your name to Dimmu Borgir so that you will become one of the elite in their fan club. They will provide you with all kind of merchandising to help you at your home. LOL

p.s. very funny your post.

Written by Branzig on 22.10.2008 at 19:19

Oh man, I love ALL their albums! I use them almost everyday of my life! I'm surprised by all the things I can use their CDs for. I mean, every single CD makes an AMAZING coaster! Now my coffee table doesn't get those ugly swirl marks that condensatng cups leave behind and it's all thanks to Dimmu! One time I was sitting in my practice room and I broke my last pick! I was so distraught, until I realized that I had my beer sitting on a copy of "Death Cult." I was so excited, I picked it up, and cut about 7 guitar picks out of it! Yes! Thank you again Dimmu! Finally, one day my little puppy had a little accident in the kitchen. I was in horror, what in the world could I use to clean this up with?! Well lucky me! There was a copy of "In Sorte Diaboli" sitting on the counter that I was using to cut tomatoes with earlier, I grabbed it by the side and, Ta-Da! Turns out that this shit makes a GREAT pooper-scraper-scooper too!

I am truly amazed at all the practical applications there are for a Dimmu Borgir CD. I highly suggest that everyone go out and buy their entire discography! You'll never listen to the CDs, but their everyday use in a household is stellar.

Thanks DIMMU!
25.10.2008 - 12:37
FOOCK Nam
Hard to vote, I love both Death Cult Armageddon and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, they are so epic beautiful. But if choose one I would vote for the second one.
26.10.2008 - 03:53
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I prefer Spiritual Black Dimensions... the more they use ICS vocals, the more i enjoy their music.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
27.10.2008 - 20:43
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
In Sorte diaboli is definitely their best album since Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, which would be their best one if there was a complete symphonic orchestra on it instead of just petty keyboards. In sorte diaboli may sound commercial, but the lyrics are deeply satanic and each song has something special: amazing riffs, astonishing symphonies or incredible drums, name it.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
27.10.2008 - 21:14
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Enthrone Darkness triumphant was deffinitely the peak in their musical skill.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.12.2008 - 15:20
Macedonia
Account deleted
Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is my favourite. It is the top of their music (someone said this before:))
With Aarstad on keys, their sound is more different than for example Death Cult Armageddon. Now with Mustis style and Vortex voice they are more symphonic than black but they still rulles
11.12.2008 - 16:37
Janne
Hugin
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is my favourite because its epicness.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
26.06.2011 - 20:27
JD
Account deleted
Stormblåst.
27.06.2011 - 02:20
Metal_4Ever
Abrahadabra 2011..
29.06.2011 - 01:13
Damshak
Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
02.08.2011 - 22:14
moe5512
Stormblåst 2005!!
05.08.2011 - 22:22
Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, closely followed by Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
10.03.2012 - 18:17
Codera the Great
Account deleted
Am I the only one who thinks that For All Tid is their best (next to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant)? I just love the keyboards on that album, and Silenoz's vocals were insane.
23.03.2012 - 02:53
ANGEL REAPER
I voted for For All Tid ....it and Stormblast are their best stuff in my humble opinion...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.09.2012 - 19:52
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I don't really like the sound of their later albums, too bland for my taste. I really liked For All Tid however, it was epic, grandiose, and positively chilling.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
07.09.2012 - 21:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia because of "Perfection Or Vanity"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.09.2012 - 01:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Enthrone Darkness Triumphant because, aside from that and For All Tid, Dimmu albums tend to be tacky rubbish to be quite frank.
08.09.2012 - 03:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Author on 08.09.2012 at 01:13

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant because, aside from that and For All Tid, Dimmu albums tend to be tacky rubbish to be quite frank.

Man, I felt EDT was tacky... I stand by what I wrote back in 2008: Stormblåst is easily their best album. Some pretty nice songwriting going on there most of the time. For All Tid is a close second but quite underdeveloped compared to what they did on the next album. If they continued on that road it would have been pretty nice with further building on that sound.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.09.2012 - 03:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Gotta agree with JOOE on this one EDT is where it's at. The opning track Mourning Palace makes it worth its admission alone.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.09.2012 - 03:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.09.2012 at 03:31

Gotta agree with JOOE on this one EDT is where it's at. The opning track Mourning Palace makes it worth its admission alone.

Really enjoy that tune... But many others seem quite filler.

A Succubus In Rapture is quite an epic ending too...
----
Rod, let me love you.