Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall - New Album Details Revealed

As posted by Nuclear Blast website:

The new Hammerfall album, which will be out on February 20th 2009, is called "No Sacrifice, No Victory". The cover, which can be viewed here, was made by Sam Didier and Thomas Ewerhard did all the layout of the record.

Tracklisting:

01. Any Means Necessary
02. Life Is No
03. Punish And Enslave
04. Legion
05. Between Two Worlds
06. Hallowed Be My Name
07. Something For The Ages
08. No Sacrifice, No Victory
09. Bring The Hammer Down
10. One Of A Kind
11. My Sharona [The Knack Cover]

Official press photos haven been taken by Michael Johansson and Caroline Rosmark. The video for the first single Any Means Necessary will be shot in Belgrad next week. The band will be doing a headlining tour early 2009, supported by Sabaton and Bullet. You can check all tour dates at the band's info.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: HammerFall
Posted: 23.11.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 218 users
23.11.2008 - 13:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Yeah, yeayeayay! Hallowed be MY name!!!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
23.11.2008 - 13:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hahah, hallowed be my name
23.11.2008 - 14:14
Enissa
Wow, Hallowed be my name, thats interesting!!!!!!
23.11.2008 - 14:49
DanielViking
I'm curious about this album... let's hope for a good one.
23.11.2008 - 15:01
DieH@rd
They are recording video in Belgrade? Nice!
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
23.11.2008 - 15:51
Dragonchaser
Account deleted
Lol in belgrade!!! Why???
23.11.2008 - 15:59
Gigginova
Account deleted
Epic!! I love the cover! I shall be looking forward to it, I hope the new guitarist is good.
I might ask for it as a late present for my 20th birthday.
23.11.2008 - 16:09
Metal Maiden
Megadead
WoW Holy Firewinged Templar Spirit of Divine Justice and Sacred Retribution, it's time to sharpen the axes...or, blunt the hammers actually... Seriously, Hammerfall may be the incarnation of cheese itself, but they are as good as cheese gets, I just can't help but mindlessly worship them...
23.11.2008 - 17:18
Arcesse Eum
So... Cheesy... not even... tongue in cheek... *collapses*
----
As above, so below.
23.11.2008 - 17:34
juanopereira
Great cover hahaha now the warrior has wings!! what's next... 4 arms?? Anyway, interesting tracklist... nothing about templars, flames and steel; that's a good things. I hope this album has new and fresh elements can't wait to listen!!
23.11.2008 - 18:35
Janne
Hugin
The cover is like Batman 3...
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
23.11.2008 - 20:17
PM
Hail Lusitânia
Looking forward to catch this one!

It will surely be a masterpiece, what else can we expect from Hammerfall?
----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
23.11.2008 - 20:21
Zeh
This cover is so... 9/11 terror stuff.

I hope it does not take that way to be more commercial and profitable.
----
Zeh
23.11.2008 - 21:18
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Awesome cover, although I dont know the the templar has wings now. Last time I saw him he was riding a gryphon around.
23.11.2008 - 21:52
Hrothdane
Yet another awesome cover by samwise didier. For those gamers out there you should recognize his artistic style from world of warcraft (which happens to have a city called hammerfall in it...).
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
23.11.2008 - 22:21
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by Hrothdane on 23.11.2008 at 21:52

Yet another awesome cover by samwise didier. For those gamers out there you should recognize his artistic style from world of warcraft (which happens to have a city called hammerfall in it...).

AND a dwarf named Hammerfall too... The guy's responsible for all of the Warcraft art material and probably more Blizzard projects, not only WoW's (which I personally despise, both as a game, and as the art involved in it - it's freakin' childish...), and he's been doing artworks for Hammerfall for quite some time now, plus he did the cover for Cans' solo album, which is kindа different and nice...

P.S. Oh, and by the way...I nearly had a heart attack today...cuz HAMMERFALL ARE PLAYING HERE APRIL NEXT YEAR...and how cool is that...
23.11.2008 - 22:35
Hrothdane
Written by Metal Maiden on 23.11.2008 at 22:21

AND a dwarf named Hammerfall too... The guy's responsible for all of the Warcraft art material and probably more Blizzard projects, not only WoW's (which I personally despise, both as a game, and as the art involved in it - it's freakin' childish...), and he's been doing artworks for Hammerfall for quite some time now, plus he did the cover for Cans' solo album, which is kindа different and nice...

No he isn't responsible for all of it. He does do most of the WoW character designs. Chris Metzen is responsible for a good deal of it, especially their earlier work. The senior art designers for blizzard have a website here http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/ that you can check out their concept work.

I happen to like his artwork. It not as visceral as Metzen's, but it has a lot of character to it and vibrant colors, and that is obviously not all he can do. The new armor and environment designs in the WotLK expansion prove that.
----

23.11.2008 - 22:35
Hrothdane
Written by Metal Maiden on 23.11.2008 at 22:21

No he isn't responsible for all of it. He does do most of the WoW character designs. Chris Metzen is responsible for a good deal of it, especially their earlier work. The senior art designers for blizzard have a website here http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/ that you can check out their concept work.

I happen to like his artwork. It not as visceral as Metzen's, but it has a lot of character to it and vibrant colors, and that is obviously not all he can do. The new armor and environment designs in the WotLK expansion prove that.
----

23.11.2008 - 23:09
Symmachus
The cover is a nice thing. I shall be looking forward to this album, just like I'm looking forward to the Meal Mórdha album. Sweetness.
23.11.2008 - 23:30
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Being responsible for WoW art is nothing to be proud of. And the cover looks like some very cheap CG. Not for me.
----
23.11.2008 - 23:46
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
M-m-my Sharonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
----
24.11.2008 - 01:01
Metal Maiden
Megadead
I meant the warcraft 3 art, but you made your point...

Written by corrupt on 23.11.2008 at 23:30

Being responsible for WoW art is nothing to be proud of...

And I pretty much agree with you...
24.11.2008 - 02:31
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
These awful covers HAVE GOT TO STOP.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.11.2008 - 02:36
Hrothdane
Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 02:31

Never! I love the cover art.
----

24.11.2008 - 02:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Hrothdane on 24.11.2008 at 02:36

oh come on man, the guy has a cape AND has wings. i will make the bold statement to say that this clearly awful cover by my favorite rapper Mac Mall is better than the HammerFall one http://www.netweed.com/prohiphop/graf/shrooms.jpg
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.11.2008 - 02:48
Hrothdane
Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 02:41

oh come on man, the guy has a cape AND has wings. i will make the bold statement to say that this clearly awful cover by my favorite rapper Mac Mall is better than the HammerFall one http://www.netweed.com/prohiphop/graf/shrooms.jpg

Hector is an uber-paladin, what do you expect! It may be cheesy, but it suits HammerFall perfectly.

And I think that album cover you linked is HILARIOUS. I almost want to listen to it now (and I REALLY don't like rap >_>)
----

24.11.2008 - 02:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Hrothdane on 24.11.2008 at 02:48

Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 02:41

Hector is an uber-paladin, what do you expect! It may be cheesy, but it suits HammerFall perfectly.

And I think that album cover you linked is HILARIOUS. I almost want to listen to it now (and I REALLY don't like rap >_>)

hahahahha Mac Mall is HILARIOUS. some of the stuff on that album is killer but some of the other shit is like

and i agree that HammerFall's album cover fits them well. its right up their alley.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

24.11.2008 - 03:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 23.11.2008 at 13:49

Hahah, hallowed be my name

Written by Enissa on 23.11.2008 at 14:14

Wow, Hallowed be my name, thats interesting!!!!!!

Meh, not that fresh of an idea:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/album.php?album_id=3030&band_id=&bandname=Alice+Cooper
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.11.2008 - 04:38
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I'm interesed in hearing the "My Sharona" cover.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
24.11.2008 - 11:24
Whatever happened to metal album covers that are painted by hand? Earlier Hammerfall covers were great, now this looks like some anime cartoon. Did not expect that from the purveyors of the ol' classic metal spirit.
The backdrop is very VERY reminiscent of "Peace Sells"... Takin' the mascot (does he have a name anyway?) into thrash territory, no less.

Hits total: 4763 | This month: 16