Metal Storm logo
How many people do you trust with your feelings?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 03.07.2006 - 22:27
Ok, this idea was spawned from a convo between me and Dream_of_Hate on AIM. We were talking about how you just cant trust anyone these days, and I said I only trust about 5 or 6 people with my feelings, my secrets, my inner thoughts and all that jazz. How about you? Do you trust people, or are you shut-off like myslef?
01.08.2008 - 13:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Xaphiris on 01.08.2008 at 12:37

Written by BloodTears on 01.08.2008 at 12:35

Written by Xaphiris on 01.08.2008 at 12:28

Written by BloodTears on 02.07.2008 at 14:31

You all seem to be very restrained

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

In my opinion, it is harder if you're restrained, it's very difficult to carry everything by yourself.

For you maybe, but for some people not sharing much about yourself isn't an issue at all.

I know, and I can also understand why. In the end, it's all about what works for you ultimately, I guess.

For me, it's good when I open up but I won't do it just to anyone I meet.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.08.2008 - 21:19
Cah
So... let me think.... well I only trust in my parents. But exist execeptions 'cause people are strange.
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
13.08.2008 - 08:57
Black Mass
At the moment I don't really trust anyone, not even myself. Being in an emotional head space is always hard, and you feel like there is no one you can talk to - hence u dont trust anyone with your feelings, let alone your thoughts. I'm a pretty closed person. It takes a lot for me to open up to people, but that's just who I am.
24.08.2008 - 06:56
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i trust like 3 people

Myself
Girlfriend
Mom
24.08.2008 - 07:07
VPeter
The few, the bitter.... that means only the true friends.
25.08.2008 - 00:57
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by VPeter on 24.08.2008 at 07:07

The few, the bitter.... that means only the true friends.

and true friends are REALLY hard to find most will just abandon you when things get rough..
05.01.2009 - 03:45
broken goddess
Only 3 people get close enough to me to be trusted with anything of personal importance....

*my sister who's practically my twin
*my best friend of 12 years / roommate
*my boyfriend

I've been burned from being trusting too many times, so i have a hard time giving most people alot of benefit of the doubt. Of the 3 mentioned, none no every secret (somethings are better left to yourself)
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
05.01.2009 - 04:10
No one. I really can't believe that there will be people to keep these ideas to themselves or even willing enough.
Whatever goes on with my emotions, stays only on my mind and is told to no one.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
05.01.2009 - 04:22
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by I, The Quatropus on 05.01.2009 at 04:10

No one. I really can't believe that there will be people to keep these ideas to themselves or even willing enough.

I know what you mean. I usually keep my deep thoughts and feelings to myself. Its only because I don't think people can be trusted to keep secrets. Loose lips sink ships. its sad but true
----
Coldgrits
05.01.2009 - 04:34
Written by -DC-002- on 05.01.2009 at 04:22

Written by I, The Quatropus on 05.01.2009 at 04:10

I know what you mean. I usually keep my deep thoughts and feelings to myself. Its only because I don't think people can be trusted to keep secrets. Loose lips sink ships. its sad but true

I'm exactly the same. With the kind of people nowadays that you manage to meet, you can never ever believe that you know them enough to keep secrets, period. True, you can come across amazing people that could, but why risk it?
----
05.01.2009 - 05:38
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by I, The Quatropus on 05.01.2009 at 04:34

True, you can come across amazing people that could, but why risk it?

When you get a pet you know they are going to die one day, but in the end it's worth it to have them right? You know when you start learning to ride a bicycle you are going to fall off, but in the end it's worth it to have learned to ride isn't it? The same goes with people. There are going to failures and hurts along the way, but it's worth it to have the people you can trust with your feelings in the end even though you may have gotten hurt in the struggle to find them, or even by them. It's my belief that in the end there is more pain in never having then in having and have been hurt.
----
The force will be with you, always.
05.01.2009 - 06:07
Zombie, M.D.
I don't have feelings, I listen to black metal.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
05.01.2009 - 06:19
Written by Clintagräm on 05.01.2009 at 05:38

Written by I, The Quatropus on 05.01.2009 at 04:34

True, you can come across amazing people that could, but why risk it?

When you get a pet you know they are going to die one day, but in the end it's worth it to have them right? You know when you start learning to ride a bicycle you are going to fall off, but in the end it's worth it to have learned to ride isn't it? The same goes with people. There are going to failures and hurts along the way, but it's worth it to have the people you can trust with your feelings in the end even though you may have gotten hurt in the struggle to find them, or even by them. It's my belief that in the end there is more pain in never having then in having and have been hurt.

Now true I understand everything you're saying, but not telling close friends your emotions =/= having close friends in general. You can have friends, you can appreciate their company, but you're not obligated to tell them how you feel. Yes, that's all on the person, but as for me well I keep my emotions to myself for I don't put such ideas down onto the only true friends I have and would like to keep. I may be missing your point, though.
----
05.01.2009 - 09:43
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by I, The Quatropus on 05.01.2009 at 06:19

...but as for me well I keep my emotions to myself for I don't put such ideas down onto the only true friends I have and would like to keep.

Then I would say any true friend would willingly accept any such ideas put upon them. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 05.01.2009 at 06:07

I don't have feelings, I listen to black metal.

Only Caveman Grind is real.
----
The force will be with you, always.
05.01.2009 - 18:05
Written by Clintagräm on 05.01.2009 at 09:43

Written by I, The Quatropus on 05.01.2009 at 06:19

...but as for me well I keep my emotions to myself for I don't put such ideas down onto the only true friends I have and would like to keep.

Then I would say any true friend would willingly accept any such ideas put upon them. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Hmmmm, I guess that's so.
----
08.01.2009 - 13:49
SilenceOfMystery
Account deleted
3 people:
my girlfriend
& 2 best friends
09.01.2009 - 13:35
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
My girlfriend and maybe a friend or two
12.01.2009 - 18:01
Rozz
I dont see whats sooo wrong with telling your feelings to evryone hehe
21.01.2009 - 03:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
It's interesting taht you tend to trust all your feeling when you're inlove. So that special soemone knows what's in your head/heart/soul.
But what happens when it's over? Regret? Don't-give-a-damn?
That's my question to you all, my friends.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
23.01.2009 - 15:46
Kanto
Jonas, I don't know...I haven't had a girlfriend (I suck...).
Well, let's count...my mom, my dog, my pillow, my Nintendo, my best friend, two girls I know from the internet, and...that's it, 4 people, 1 animal (although I also trust in my cat a lot) and two...things
----
...Dude.
26.01.2009 - 12:27
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I don't think there's a single person out there who I've told every single thing to.. I tend to trust some people but it depends on the topic. For instance, I tell my mother stuff that I don't tell anyone else but she doesn't even know how many girlfriends I've had so far.

So the only person who has any idea whats going on in my head is myself and I'm perfectly happy to keep it that way
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
28.01.2009 - 04:28
The Butt
Account deleted
Only 3 or 4 of my closest friends, I trust enough to talk about my feelings and problems to, tbh.

I don't really even talk about shit to my parents; but that's not out of lack of trust, out of hoping they won't worry and shit.
29.01.2009 - 10:02
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Yeah I generally keep my cards close to my chest....I mean Im a very spontaneous and almost brash person sometimes and if something bothers me I generally make a big deal about it without even thinking. However Im quite an introvert and when things really matter and I have something is really close to my heart then I will sometimes walk with those thoughts without telling people.

But most of the time I can tell my girlfriend about it immediately, I never really have HUGE issues to deal with though - but discussing love and things like that I only confided in my friends Ulrich, Anname and Heino when I was falling in love with my current girlfriend. Im very secretive about love issues really.

Dont really tell my parents about too much because they have lived in the UK for like 6 years which is like crap far away and usually I dont like making people worry....Like if something bad is going on with me its not like I dont trust my parents I just know how they worry about every little thing so i dont say anything.
29.01.2009 - 12:20
ForeverDarkWoods
Right now, just about nobody. It would just come back and bite me in the ass some day, and I don't even care much about "having somebody to talk to" or "someone who understands me". I trust my friends with the superficial stuff, but for the most part, I don't think anything can be gained from exposing your own weaknesses. I'd rather clean up my own mess than sit whining about it to somebody else and hope for "understanding".
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
01.02.2009 - 19:34
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I have probably said this before, but no one at all i trust...i cant tell anyone anything, generally because my secrets/feelings are pretty scary, if i told anyone i might upset them, or they might try and help me which = making everything a million times worse :S
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
01.02.2009 - 19:43
Ragana
Rawrcat
Pretty scary? I hope you're not thinking about raping little kitties or something like that. Although it's brutal. (this time I prefer not to be so cool & brutal)
01.02.2009 - 21:23
meitene
Account deleted
Written by Black Mass on 13.08.2008 at 08:57

At the moment I don't really trust anyone, not even myself. Being in an emotional head space is always hard, and you feel like there is no one you can talk to - hence u dont trust anyone with your feelings, let alone your thoughts. I'm a pretty closed person. It takes a lot for me to open up to people, but that's just who I am.

Well, I might say the same.
If I say something, then it's only because it's nothing special or those things i'm keeping in is... hmm.... like starting to destroy my life.
01.02.2009 - 21:54
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
My cat seems to keep my personal feelings a secret when I talk to her...
03.02.2009 - 12:43
Kanto
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.02.2009 at 21:54

for a strange reason, pets are the best psychologists you could have, and they are for free (well, the food is not, but...)
----
...Dude.
03.02.2009 - 21:38
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Kanto on 03.02.2009 at 12:43

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.02.2009 at 21:54

for a strange reason, pets are the best psychologists you could have, and they are for free (well, the food is not, but...)

I know. She's a great listener. For some reason though... she needs really expensive kitteh litter...