Metal Storm logo
Industrial Music

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 08:39
I love industrial music...KMFDM, Ministry, etc...the machine-like production quality, the processed vocals and the frustrated agression that is acted out on every release...industrial rock/metal is great at anarchy and war themes and that's what's so cool about it...the sampling as well...I also think that most industrial dance bands like VNV Nation, Wumpscut and Apoptygma Berserk for combining techno music with industrial influences...
25.07.2006 - 12:48
inc
hi there, (i can post a new topic for it)
i wanna have your opinion about ministry concerts
15/08/2006 in Rimini (near my holiday spot) there is one concert of this facken good band.
i need to convince 2 of my 4 friends to go there!

ciao!
28.07.2006 - 12:39
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Ministry is great live. One thing you should rememer is to bring ear plugs, since they usuall play REALLY loud.
28.07.2006 - 20:22
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@jupitreas: Thanks for the recommendations...you're so right about Pain...they're pretty bad...I forget that one song...they have a video for it but I was like 'oh man...what is this...'
28.07.2006 - 21:33
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
last time i saw them it was a theater venue. The sound was, sonically, a lot like the imagery in the "in case you didn't feel like showing up" video they released back in the early 90s.

In the video there was more and more visual distortion showing up throughout the show... little bits of controlled static.

The concert was the same way... it was LOUD and it is progressed it seemed the entire building just reverberated the sound around and further distorted it. It truly was an assault on the ear drums.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.07.2006 - 22:06
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I like this music, industrial and industrial metal, like Rammstein
Among the industrial bands I know I like Umbra Et Imago, Haujobb, Laibach and some stuff from Fear Factory
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
07.08.2006 - 00:03
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i'm all about Godflesh...Minnistry,Skinny Puppy.....and NIN...Call Trent a Poseur and watch your ass get Pwned
07.08.2006 - 15:19
All_In
Account deleted
Just a question, would you describe this as industrial or nu-metal?

http://www.escapimusic.com/qt/masterlast.mov

I've been puttin them in the industry genré, but people always bitch about it....
07.08.2006 - 15:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Don't like industrial music that much, think it's pretty boring. The music just doesn't get to me. Although Ministry can be pretty good sometimes.
----
09.08.2006 - 13:29
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Don't know much industrial music. Only Rammstein and Oomph! but I just love those two bands
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
10.08.2006 - 01:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@GT and Warman: I would suggest KMFDM to both of you....GT, you don't know too much industrial? Well, KMFDM is a true innovator in the genre and has been doing it now for over 20 years...Warman, KMFDM isn't a boring industrial band and are very energetic, musical and interesting...
10.08.2006 - 13:33
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Kap'N Korrupt: cheers mate...I'll check them out as soon as possible
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.08.2006 - 21:56
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I suggest all industrial fans to check these two finnish industrial bands who of course have taken a huge influence from Rammstein.

Ruoska
You can listen 4 songs from their new album in here http://www.myspace.com/ruoskaband
And here you can check some other media stuff from them http://www.ruoska.net/multimedia.html

Turmion Kätilöt
You can listen 2 samples in here http://www.turmionkatilot.com/7

Hope you like!
17.08.2006 - 05:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
that Turmion band I just heard today...some song that was a cover they did...Stormbringer...great tune but it doesn't stand up to your classic bands...
17.08.2006 - 23:14
Nyctophobia
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 07.08.2006 at 15:19

I've been puttin them in the industry genré, but people always bitch about it....

That has an industrial metal influence. The singer sounds like he took his lessons from glam metal artists from the 80's. I guess I would tell you that this particular song is Nu Metal, because it doesn 't have a lot of electronic bleeps and blips running through it, nor does it have a mechanical sound or feel, save for the intro which made think the song was going to be some weird trancey dance song. But this is just my opinion.
17.08.2006 - 23:14
Nyctophobia
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 07.08.2006 at 15:19

That has an industrial metal influence. The singer sounds like he took his lessons from glam metal artists from the 80's. I guess I would tell you that this particular song is Nu Metal, because it doesn 't have a lot of electronic bleeps and blips running through it, nor does it have a mechanical sound or feel, save for the intro which made think the song was going to be some weird trancey dance song. But this is just my opinion.
23.08.2006 - 06:32
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Does someone know Umbra Et Imago, Das Ich or Haujobb?
3 excellent industrial bands from Germany, unique styles
----

Sensorium - Epica
23.08.2006 - 13:18
Clone
Account deleted
i wanna hear some powernoise metal, now that would be interesting
23.08.2006 - 13:48
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Wolf Eyes sometimes include metal guitars in their music and that sounds a little like powernoise metal due to the band's extreme "thumping" sound. I would classify Wolf Eyes as noise or power electronics though; however, their rhythmic music bears enough resemblence to powernoise to make them something that might interest you.
10.02.2007 - 05:11
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
The best Industrial Metal band I've heard is ...And Oceans. I think they broke up about a year ago but there still the best. What really frustrates me is how there has'nt been a thread made out of them yet. White Synthetic Noise is the best song as far as that genre goes.

Industrial bands I like are :Wumscut:, Leaether strip, Funker Vogt, Suicide Comandoes, Kraftwerk, and a few others.
10.02.2007 - 21:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Putrid_Cadaver: You can always ask someone who knows enough about them to make a thread about them, you know...if you are unable to make a thread about something that you want, just ask someone who you're good friends with on MS who has more then 100 posts or just wait yourself until you get to 100 maybe?

@Clone: What do you mean by powernoise metal?
11.02.2007 - 00:38
Kurzag
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.02.2007 at 05:11

The best Industrial Metal band I've heard is ...And Oceans. I think they broke up about a year ago but there still the best. What really frustrates me is how there has'nt been a thread made out of them yet. White Synthetic Noise is the best song as far as that genre goes.

I agree, ...And Oceans is truly a kick ass band. They haven´t splitted, just changed name to Havoc Unit.

A band that is really worth to check out is Red Harvest. Heavy as hell, catchy and techincal.
11.02.2007 - 00:58
Warman
Erotic Stains
I heard a song by Kraftwerk last night, it was pretty good. And Deathstars counts as some kind of melodic industrial metal huh? That's a band I fell in love with a couple of months ago.
----
11.02.2007 - 01:06
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Kraftwerk aint industrial....
16.02.2007 - 21:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Kraftwerk are simply labeled as an experimental electronic band seeing as they were an innovative force that brought the obscure elements of electronic music to a commercial forefront...looking back, people now also see them as club/dance, but they were not called that during their heyday, simply labeled as an experimental electronic band...a lot of the basics of what they were doing was also being experimented in the disco scene around 1976, but Kraftwerk looked at that and said 'we can take those elements, and progress them forward with some technical prowess and make the disco music industry look at that and make their heads spin'...
06.03.2007 - 00:26
Whatever...
Account deleted
Still virgin in industrial music...:-| can anyone suggest me some really good bands? the one you think the best in what comes to this.
06.03.2007 - 00:53
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Jup's list of the best industrial bands:

Industrial music:
Throbbing Gristle, Chrome, SPK, Coil/Zos Kia, NON, Current 93 (early), Death In June, Nurse With Wound, Einsturzende Neubauten, Skinny Puppy, Laibach, Chris and Cosey, Legendary Pink Dots, Cabaret Voltaire, Front 242, Young Gods, Foetus

Industrial metal (and bands that are close to this label, marked with an *):
Ministry, Godflesh, Nine Inch Nails (yes, they are industrial metal), Skrew, Pitchshifter (early), Candiru, Big Black*, Killing Joke*, Fudge Tunnel*, Nailbomb, Misery Loves Co., Fear Factory*, Gary Numan (late), Die Krupps, Young Gods*, Chemlab, KMFDM, Lard, Prick, Red Harvest, Sister Machine Gun

NOTE: This is far from a complete list, and for some bands it is debatable whether they are industrial or not (some are post-industrial, for example, and some neofolk... in the industrial metal category some bands are coldwave or post-punk). Nevertheless, I would say this is a fairly complete list of bands you should know to discover industrial music properly. I probably forgot some bands simply because I was typing this post rather quickly, but at the same time be sure that I omitted many bands on purpose simply because I dont think they are particularly important or good.
06.03.2007 - 18:20
Whatever...
Account deleted
thanks;)
06.03.2007 - 23:48
darksun
I have no idea why that industrial shit should take part in metal.Metal itself is against induıstrial,populer items but that genre is called as industrial may be we should look for some mistakes to name that genre.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
07.03.2007 - 05:45
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Guest on 06.03.2007 at 00:26

Still virgin in industrial music...:-| can anyone suggest me some really good bands? the one you think the best in what comes to this.

I recommend you Das Ich and Haujobb, this last one is more electronic, but great anyway
----

Sensorium - Epica
07.03.2007 - 19:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I'll second some of Jupe's nominations. I'm not the aficionado he is, but am a fan of several on his list.

Godflesh - "Streetcleaner", "Pure", and the "In Any Language" double cd set might be good starting places. "Selfless" is also really good, but a little more mellow.

Ministry - the album commonly referred to as "Psalm 69", "Houses of the Mole'" and "Rio Grande Blood" are good starting points. "The Land of Rape and Honey" and "The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste" are both classic Ministry industrial metal albums as well. Both have some absolutely killer stand out tracks (Stigmata, Thieves, Burning Inside), but also have a bit of filler I've never fully come to love and embrace. Basically, a Ministry rule of thumb is "If a George Bush was President when the album was released, it's one of their better albums."

Al ought to right the Bush family a big thanks for inspiration.

LARD - Ministry's Al with Jello Biafra of Dead Kennedys fame. "The Last Temptation of Reid" is their best, imo, not that they have a huge catalog...

Red Harvest - "Internal Punishment Programs" is probably my favorite, "Sick Transit Gloria Munda" is probably second. "Cold Dark Matter" and "A Greater Darkness" are also worth checking out.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!