Metal Storm logo
Slipknot

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 14.07.2006 - 09:15
Outside metal one of my favorite bands is Slipknot. I really like it for all the ideology they transmit with their music and their lyrics, which I consider the best I´ve seen. The thing is, a lot of my friends bother me because they don´t like it for some reason, soooo I just wanted to hear your opinion about this band, whether you like it or not and why, and if there´s any other fans like me out there?
01.03.2007 - 08:07
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by darksun on 01.03.2007 at 01:55

Slipknot just sucks

You suck!

Okay, NOW there is nothing left say...

I'm actually covering a Slipknot song in my band on March 10th...Left Behind...not a bad song...
01.03.2007 - 08:54
Asat0r
Why is this band hated so much? As nu metal goes, they're pretty fucking good. I wouldn't dare compare them to the more "true" genres of metal. But for nu metal, they're a pretty bad ass band.
01.03.2007 - 12:22
darksun
Written by Guest on 01.03.2007 at 08:07

Slipknot just sucks

You suck!

Okay, NOW there is nothing left say...

I'm actually covering a Slipknot song in my band on March 10th...Left Behind...not a bad song...

hahaah.I am sure it will be a masterpiece in your hands.Slipknot is just a show boyband that should take place in theatres or animations may be in circuses as masked clowns.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
02.03.2007 - 05:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@darksun: I guess, because we're a five piece no-nonsense non-flashy thrash metal band...I wouldn't say that they're a 'boyband'...not at all...they blame the way they are to Iowa and they say that it makes people go crazy (so they say)...but yeah, they were stupid in Metal: A Headbanger's Journey...really stupid...
02.03.2007 - 12:53
Black Mass
do u think people would be more accepting if they didn't do the whole mask thing? i've been to a few slipknot shows and they've rocked the whole fucking place every time....but at the same time, i struggle to take them seriously.
02.03.2007 - 14:34
Eight
Shapeshifter
I have nothing against Slipknot personally. not.
She has..

Edit: or is it a 'he' ?
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
02.03.2007 - 15:16
ilicit
Fallitur Visio

Slipknot just sucks.No word left to say for now

i've seen the worst posts ever on this thread like this one; why can't you comment this band normally ? man, it is just a fuckin' nu metal band ! what harm can they make to you ? Besides coming here and say that shit, you should say something like this (and this is my opinion):

Slipknot is a metalhead starter favourite band, and an "old" metalhead sucks band. Imo, they are just repetetive, most of their songs are basic (musically speaking), and I really dont get the really difference that those 4 guys (not the vocals, bass, guitar, dj and drums.. the others) are doing in the band.. I guess its just a comercial thing.
Well, I do not hate Slipknot cuz hate is a strng word and I kinda enjoy some of their songs like "w8 n bleed" or "fbefore I forget". The mostly rest is just to fill up albuns imo.

Concluding I do not listen do Slipknot and I can say in overall i dislike the band.

@Jester Eddie: LOL ! I guess it's a he :X
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
02.03.2007 - 19:09
darksun
My only opinion is that:I never liked them and all bands what is making music just to earn money and popularity,gets my hatred.They are an entertainig band not something serious for me.Their music aren't based on quality may be even on real music for me.I never respect their sound.I am talking about metal or quality not nu shit,so being good at nu not something thought as acceptable interesting from my side.
----
02.03.2007 - 21:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@darksun: I recommend bands like Spineshank and Otep...they're good nu metal bands...
02.03.2007 - 22:09
darksun
@Kap'N Korrupt: Thanks man but nu isn't something for me.I will be prejudiced whatever they are.I just can't stand any of that thing.
----
02.03.2007 - 23:26
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
Written by Guest on 02.03.2007 at 21:57

@darksun: I recommend bands like Spineshank and Otep...they're good nu metal bands...

what about MUDVAYNE ? best "nu" ever.

@darksun: glad you made your point hating or not hating that was all I was asking.
I just can't understand something: If you hate all nu, why came to this thread ?
----
<skoo> /quit
<skoo> owned
03.03.2007 - 00:00
darksun
@Dosage:I am happy if i could show you what i feel.And for your question,I have the right to explain my ideas i guess.;)There is no rule like everyone has to love slipknot.I just dropped in to say i don't like them also no rule like everyone only should explain his/her lovely ideas.And if you take a look in the whole site you may see lots of negative ideas in every topic for all of the things mentioned in the site.
----
03.03.2007 - 00:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by ilicit on 02.03.2007 at 23:26

I would have to disagree...I remember seeing them on the Summer Sanitarium Tour back 2003...they were pretty dull...nothing to write home about really...every song was pretty much the same...they didn't have the makeup either...they were pretty sloppy...enough said...
03.03.2007 - 01:13
darksun
BTW,a friend of mine is a mudvayne fan so as far as i have listened they are worse than slipknot.
----
03.03.2007 - 15:22
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I agree with darksun. Slipknot has no good music (it mught be liked by some people, but I don't like it)
They seem to be pure sell-outs.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
03.03.2007 - 15:51
darksun
I am happy to find a companion paganblood.
----
03.03.2007 - 16:29
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
Written by Guest on 03.03.2007 at 00:41

Written by ilicit on 02.03.2007 at 23:26

I would have to disagree...I remember seeing them on the Summer Sanitarium Tour back 2003...they were pretty dull...nothing to write home about really...every song was pretty much the same...they didn't have the makeup either...they were pretty sloppy...enough said...

Why does everyone talks about that ONE concert always ? What about the other ones ? You base your opinion from a band by one bad act they had live ? omfg..

Anyway, darksun Mudvayne is allot bether than Slipknot.. dont dare to compare them please.
----
<skoo> /quit
<skoo> owned
03.03.2007 - 16:43
darksun
That's my idea dude.I really hate both and if i were to choose one as a softer torture,i would choose slipknot.
----
03.03.2007 - 21:10
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Dosage: Whatever...I've seen them a couple of times actually and they were terrible all those times...THIS THREAD ISN'T EVEN ABOUT MUDVAYNE!
21.03.2007 - 14:57
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
they are still worth a listen
24.03.2007 - 13:38
Anathemani@c
I dont like Slipknot but I must admitt that I do admire their vol.3 The subliminal verses. That alboum kills!:banger2:
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
25.03.2007 - 17:57
Revenant
Account deleted
I simply find the music an inaudible mess and the 'harsh' vocals really annoying (nto that I can't 'handle' it, I enjoy black and death metal just fine). The acoustic Vermillion sound was pretty good though.
05.04.2007 - 02:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Anathemani@c on 24.03.2007 at 13:38

I dont like Slipknot but I must admitt that I do admire their vol.3 The subliminal verses. That album kills!:banger2:

I do like Slipknot, and I agree Vol. 3 slams. That albums is really good, is way more mature, not only lyrically but musically, and they learned tehy don't have to scream for everything.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.04.2007 - 10:55
AlexCromlech
Account deleted
There seems something kind of gay, no wait, there IS something gay (like homosexualy gay) about a band with 9 guys wearing masks.....
07.04.2007 - 03:27
tulkas
el parcero
@AlexCromlech: read a couple of lyrics, find the meanings, and tell me if they're gay
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
07.04.2007 - 18:34
Vunts
I listened to Slipknot yesterday. I usually go through their discography from the start when i have that cycle. And well, i still like them. The drumming sounds great and the songs...while probably not marvellous, still manage to not bore me to death. And i'm also not ashamed to turn up the volume on the songs.
As for the masks making people gay, i had a prom where we had to wear masks. Were the guys there gay if they sat around their buddies? I wouldn't exactly say so. Thus your logic sucks.
(yes, we didn't have masks like Slipknot or anything, but there's still a point)

Haven't had any good live experiences with their music still though.
16.04.2007 - 13:41
arwestromen
These guys kick ass
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
18.04.2007 - 22:10
Illusionist
Account deleted
They seriously do.
19.04.2007 - 22:51
Raptus666
Slipknot is very special band. It must be hard to adapt so many instruments together and DJ board too. But those things are what makes Slipknot so rare band.

Slipknot - Slipknot and Iowa are more rare than the latest album, which is much more novadays metal; solos and things. So older and newer albums are both good, but not same way. And Joey Jordison is great drummer!
20.04.2007 - 03:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 06.04.2007 at 10:55

There seems something kind of gay, no wait, there IS something gay (like homosexualy gay) about a band with 9 guys wearing masks.....

LOL
I don't know are they gays, but this made me laugh
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!