Metal Storm logo
Björk

16.07.2006 - 01:10
Alouqua
Account deleted
This is a thread about one of the most talent female singer I have heard in my life: Björk.
Her voice is unique, powerful, beautiful, magical... She have so much talent to make music and found the best directors to her videos.
She have made a lot of great albums like Vespertine. My personal favourite is Homogenic, such a creative album and I can't take out of my mind this songs...
And don't forget her role in the movie 'Dancer in the Dark' directed by my beloved Lars von Trier, and she also made the soundrack of this movie (Selmasongs).
If that is not enough, she have also this pretty (innocent?) face...
So, which is your favourite song/album/video of this amazing singer?
16.07.2006 - 01:36
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Bjork shes so crazy im not fan of her music, i only heard few songs, and i like it one named "it's so quiet" i think nice song lol
but i heard that Mike Patton (ex FNM) worked as guest on her last album
so do you know anyhting about that, si there good song with him or jsut some caryz stuff like Mike loves to do
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
20.07.2006 - 05:53
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I Haven't explored enough her music, but I've seen her videos directed by Michel gondry and they're just awesome. I like the few songs I have heard
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.07.2006 - 07:31
LethargyMan
I've always secretly liked Bjork. I've just never had the balls to admit it.

If I were to ever buy an album of hers in a record store (which I have yet to do), I'd probably have to do that thing where I buy some Obituary or Gorguts or some goregrind shit along with it so I don't look like a total pussy.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
20.07.2006 - 19:46
Alouqua
Account deleted
EddieGunner Well first, that is one of my fav. songs and that videos makes me crazy she is so beautiful and her voice is just... amazing. Ok about Mike Patton, yeah, he works with Björk in 'Medúlla' which is a really good album and for me everything this woman make is crazy and good, so what do you mean by good??? Ok so he sings in 'Pleasure Is All Mine' and 'Where Is The Line? ' you must hear the songs and them decide if they are good or not..
Reinhardt I can help you with that part and I have Björk DVD so we can watch it...
LethargyMan hey Björk is amazing... why did you feel ashamed of her music?
20.07.2006 - 22:19
Damnated
Churchburner
Never really listened to Björk, just a few songs. Sometimes I find her to crazy, and the music anoying
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.07.2006 - 07:16
..ExoTeaR..
i like this bitch she is one of the only people i get a cute feeling from, its comforting for a person like me but can be very scary, u no all that feel shit even tho im in love and @lethargy man thats what i do when i buy pussy music i always order somthing extreme or even more extreme then that
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
03.08.2006 - 06:55
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 19:46

Reinhardt I can help you with that part and I have Björk DVD so we can watch it...

You got it, I need to explore a bit more of her music, and if going to see the DVD with you... It's even better.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.08.2006 - 16:26
Darky
Account deleted
Well, Björk does have her ups and downs.

Once i was in a record shop and she was there too, i asked her if i could get a autograph but she said, "What ? No .. no .. im not Björk .. i got to go." And she ran away and once my friend saw her in a book shop and asked her for her autograph but she said "No, no .. no, i got to go."

I like her old music more, the first album is very nice. Grew up with either Björk in the stereo or David Bowie.
03.08.2006 - 22:37
Freyya
Björk is so freaking cool! I like her attitude and the lyrics of her songs, as well as the videos and her voice... hehe everything!
Too bad I have no original cds
----
"Music was invented to confirm human loneliness"
05.08.2006 - 01:24
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Alouqua
ok im gona try find bjorkw new album and hear those songs with Mike
btw first time i heard for Bjorkw it was in some newspper in 95 or 94 and it huge sing MIRACLE FROM ICELAND
----
Erno Paasilinna
08.08.2006 - 21:50
Alouqua
Account deleted
Freyya Too bad that we can't see her in concert!!!!!
Darky I like her old stuffs, the new thing are even more crazy... may be too crazy...
EddieGunner Well her music is crazy, I'm not sure if anyone can enjoy the way she make music and the way she sound but I love her...
..ExoTeaR.. I respect your opinion but please don't use words as Bitch to refer a woman
10.08.2006 - 02:24
Freyya
Written by Guest on 08.08.2006 at 21:50

Freyya Too bad that we can't see her in concert!!!!!

...yeah...and not only Björk but the 99% of my fav artists
----
"Music was invented to confirm human loneliness"
10.08.2006 - 07:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Bjork would be interesting an interesting site to see live I guess...I'm pretty curious about that...I guess I don't like her enough to pay a mountain of cash...I'd only like to hear her stuff off her 1995-1999 albums...
11.08.2006 - 16:29
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
looks like that from ISLAND only comes freaky music, first Bjork and then that girl who come at Eurosong contenst she talked with god in her song and she made some mess in athena
----
Erno Paasilinna
12.08.2006 - 21:54
Ernis
狼獾
Unfortunately this babe's performance was completely destroyed in Athens....still I must say she was cute and so much better than the guys from Lithuania...
But Björk has always been my favourite and I shall respect her in the future...I think that each album of hers has its own face and that each face is unique and good and that they all are Björks marvellous ways of expressing herself through the years......
Björk's performance as a poor single mother in the Dancer in the Dark was simply adorable...that proved that she can be a wondrous actress too....
When I wrote poetry Björk was one of my strongest influences....her texts and also the artwork that comes along with her records are really fine...lets hope she shall surprise us soon with some new good music.....
02.10.2006 - 18:00
Darky
Account deleted
To the people who were talking about 'Silvia Night', ok .. so, shes like 'The Humor' of Iceland. Her and icelandic humor is something like South Park and Chapel Show put together.

Im so pissed of at those Athens .. they dont have humor.
10.11.2006 - 17:32
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Björk is really mmm... strange?? I don't know how to explain my feelings, or maybe original?
Anyways, though I don't know much about her and her music, I like the few songs I've listened to, and I have the impression that she has different styles
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
29.11.2006 - 03:05
Bitch Boy
@ The Alchemist: I think that the word "strange" isn't that accurated, I'd better say that Björk is unique.

Her role in "Dancer in the dark" was amazing!! I don't like her voice that much, but her music and her videos are really cool. My favorite song is "Bachelorette" and my favorite video is "Army of me".
29.11.2006 - 19:35
Alouqua
Account deleted
Dancer in the dark, one of my fav. movies in the world! I love it... with Lars von Trier torturing her (not literally) to make the preformance believable and the result is really good...
About her voice, I really love her voice, as you said she is unique and well I really enjoy her voice... that voice that can be sweet and powerful at the same time... like her music.
And the videos... as I said, she have good taste, she knows how to find the perfect director to make amazing videos
30.11.2006 - 15:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
Björk can sing, she has an unique and special voice. But I don't like her music.
----
04.12.2006 - 00:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Does anyone have anything from her first album from back in 1977?
04.12.2006 - 01:14
Ernis
狼獾
1977? Didn't she start her solo career in the 90ties? I know that before that she was a member of a band called Sugarcubes but....in 1977....wasn't she too young?
04.12.2006 - 07:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
www.allmusic.com

Review by Joslyn Layne
This is Björk's first album, recorded when she was just 11 years old ? before her voice had matured, and her singing style developed. As a result, this 1977 album will not likely be an enjoyable listen even to most big fans, even though it went platinum in her homeland at the time. Novelty value can only carry an album so far, and even covers of Stevie Wonder's "Your Kiss Is Sweet" sung in Icelandic and a song sung to the tune of the Beatles' "Fool on the Hill" will probably not be enough to keep you laughing, or interested for the duration. Björk has been made available on CD in various bootleg forms over the years.
06.12.2006 - 13:32
TLZ
Account deleted
I love Björk, one of my favorite artists ever. Her music is so emotional and beautiful. (I cried the first time I heard "Play Dead".) Her music is very atmohsperic, her lyrics is also good. Homogenic is my favorite CD. I haven't gotten Meddula yet though...

Written by LethargyMan on 20.07.2006 at 07:31

I've always secretly liked Bjork. I've just never had the balls to admit it.

If I were to ever buy an album of hers in a record store (which I have yet to do), I'd probably have to do that thing where I buy some Obituary or Gorguts or some goregrind shit along with it so I don't look like a total pussy.

It's not pussy to like sensual music. Sensuality doesen't mean you lack feminity. Besides: of all metalheads deathmetallers seems to be the ones are most prone to like Björk. I don't know why, but I know some people who love _brutal_ death metal and such stuff and... Björk.

And no offence, but I'd say what's pussy is too not buy Björk album cause you're afraid of what people might think. Fuck the people, they can think whatever they want. People's stupid perceptions shouldn't stop you from listening to good music.

Written by EddieGunner on 16.07.2006 at 01:36
Bjork shes so crazy im not fan of her music, i only heard few songs, and i like it one named "it's so quiet" i think nice song lol

It's a cover of a old classic. She didn't write it. Although it's a really good song, it's not a good represantion for her style.
02.01.2007 - 07:57
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by EddieGunner on 11.08.2006 at 16:29

looks like that from ISLAND only comes freaky music, first Bjork and then that girl who come at Eurosong contenst she talked with god in her song and she made some mess in athena

I'd add Sigur Ros to that list they are freaky, but genius ^^

Ah Bjork, I SO like her, seriously, I haven't got a hold of Medulla YET, but I will! I will if that's the last thing I do this year ^^' and seriously, this woman is brilliant, she might be horrible to the press (and some fans, as I have read) but she is still fantastic, and her voice is killer, I would die to go to a concert of hers
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
03.01.2007 - 17:10
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Linak on 02.01.2007 at 07:57

I'd add Sigur Ros to that list they are freaky, but genius ^^

dunno them
----
Erno Paasilinna
16.01.2007 - 22:02
stubacca
Account deleted
i love her, a fantastic expressive voice and her lyrics are genius :]
18.02.2007 - 02:04
TheRealThing
Account deleted
I'm a big fan of her "Post" and "Homogenic" records. Still trying to get into "Vespertine" these days, and "Debut" is a little harder to appreciate than Post and Homogenic. Hyper-Ballad, Army of Me, It's Oh so Quiet and Hunter, probably my favorite songs as of yet, and I'd still really like to check out "Medulla", I've read she has 2 vocal duets with Mike Patton on it.
10.07.2007 - 23:55
Cassandra
Account deleted
bjork is one of the few artists out there in the public eye who is really creative with her music. my personal favorite is Homogenic.