Metal Storm logo
Coroner

Original post

Posted by Joey Jo Jo, 18.07.2006 - 14:04
I don't know where to start about Coroner, my idea of an ultimate thrash band, so I'll say what's on my mind for now.

Aside from having top tier song writing, including some of the best lyrics, Tommy T Baron is possibly THE guitar god. The music just moves in a hypnotizing swirl, entraping anyone who hears it. I find it best to listen to thier albums Mental Voterx and No More Color passively, to just lay back and let it wash over you, I've gotten some of my best moods and thoughts out of doing this.

The band is simply legendary yet simply overlooked.
Unfortunately they were one of many victims to the Noise Label's imfamous screwjobs, and was forced to disband. They're not even listed on Noise's website for christ's sake!
14.01.2012 - 17:59
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Ghostdancer on 12.06.2011 at 22:11

Man, I would love to see them. I never had the opportunity when I was younger.

I actually saw them twice in the late '80s here in Milwaukee...

Once when they opened for Kreator in 1987 and again in 1989 when they headlined, believe Forced Entry opened for them
----
rekt
14.01.2012 - 20:20
Ghostdancer
Written by tea[m]ster on 14.01.2012 at 17:59

Once when they opened for Kreator in 1987 and again in 1989 when they headlined, believe Forced Entry opened for them

That would have been the best time to see them. I lived in a small town in New Mexico back then so I missed a lot of classic bands. I did get to see some shows in El Paso, TX back then, but I never did get to see Coroner and they were one of my favorite thrash bands at the time.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
15.01.2012 - 06:18
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Ghostdancer on 14.01.2012 at 20:20

That would have been the best time to see them. I lived in a small town in New Mexico back then so I missed a lot of classic bands. I did get to see some shows in El Paso, TX back then, but I never did get to see Coroner and they were one of my favorite thrash bands at the time.

The main reason why I quoted you is because we are the same age and still love metal! I have a wife and a 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son!

check this out, frickin awesome:

----
rekt
15.01.2012 - 08:39
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Is their music all out of print? Because it seems like their older albums are way expensive everywhere I look.
15.01.2012 - 11:28
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Guest on 15.01.2012 at 08:39

Is their music all out of print? Because it seems like their older albums are way expensive everywhere I look.

I think so. It seems that Punishment for Decadence has been reissued at some point can be found at reasonable prices, but everything else is expensive as hell.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
15.01.2012 - 21:21
Ghostdancer
Written by tea[m]ster on 15.01.2012 at 06:18

Written by Ghostdancer on 14.01.2012 at 20:20

The main reason why I quoted you is because we are the same age and still love metal! I have a wife and a 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son!

check this out, frickin awesome:

Man, the love of metal never dies! I've got a wife and two grown stepsons... Fuckin' Grin! I love it. I still wear the shirts, buy the albums and go to the shows. I don't think anything beyond dying can stop the love of metal. It's too much a part of my own identity.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
15.01.2012 - 21:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Guys, in the best of moods I will ask you to stop the mayan-pyramid quotes, thank you before a mean staff member comes in, thank you.

Now resume with the discussion, Coroner fucking rocks.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.01.2012 - 02:56
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Quote:
Quote:

Man, the love of metal never dies! I've got a wife and two grown stepsons... Fuckin' Grin! I love it. I still wear the shirts, buy the albums and go to the shows. I don't think anything beyond dying can stop the love of metal. It's too much a part of my own identity.

Agreed. It's great looking for new types of metal today but I will never stop throwing on an old Coroner cd...too much nostolgia, too many fond memories...
----
rekt
18.01.2012 - 19:19
Coroner rules