Metal Storm logo
Texas Hold'Em/Poker/WSOP

Original post

Posted by tea[m]ster, 16.09.2009 - 11:47
Who is a poker player/fan? I play texas hold'em every day at work with my guys during breaks and lunches and we try to get together in the "garage" and play a serious tournament once a month. I also like to watch poker on tv...especially the WSOP and WPT. My favorite pro is Phil Hellmuth and NOT because he is from my home state of Wisconsin
30.11.2009 - 00:17
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Funny thing that happened to me was. We were playing poker that night.... I had a 10 Q spades. And I guess this guy had Pair Js.

The flop was J K 2 Spades. Then the turn came... it was an J so that guy went all in... I had to call because of my flush :lol.. To my surprise... an A spade came on the river. I was like The others were just laughing at him...the guy who had four of a kind J's hahah he thought he'd won.. and tried taking the chips before I could show my hand
02.12.2009 - 12:30
Abattoir
Staff
Written by Guest on 30.11.2009 at 00:17

Funny thing that happened to me was. We were playing poker that night.... I had a 10 Q spades. And I guess this guy had Pair Js.

The flop was J K 2 Spades. Then the turn came... it was an J so that guy went all in... I had to call because of my flush :lol.. To my surprise... an A spade came on the river. I was like The others were just laughing at him...the guy who had four of a kind J's hahah he thought he'd won.. and tried taking the chips before I could show my hand

Well this was definitely one of a hell hand you got it Beating four of a kind is just ALMOST impossible...
02.12.2009 - 14:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hey! i never ever have Royal Flush...and i only saw it once or twice ever while i was playing...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.12.2009 - 00:03
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Well i play a lot, for real money and for fake too, mostly playin on 365bet site, in their poker rooms, and also in faceboks apps,
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
07.12.2009 - 00:49
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I recently lost about $300K in Facebook's No Limit Poker in a few hours...

luckily it was only facebook money...
----

07.12.2009 - 00:53
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
He hee yeah well facebook is easy to lose or to win when is just no real money, so u don't care much he hee i lost 300k and won them back few hourse ago have 1m now
----
Erno Paasilinna
09.12.2009 - 09:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have registered myself to internet "czech poker league"...still for free, but kinda more professional with chances to win real money if you play good...i am curious about my performance here, tournaments are held every evening, i should start today (if i wont miss the registration deadline as yesterday)
----

09.12.2009 - 23:24
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Good luck
----
Erno Paasilinna
09.12.2009 - 23:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I finished 1195. out of 3000...i was too coward in the beginning (but would you go all in before flop in the first hand?), then i was just surviving...i even won 3 hands, but only a small stacks...
----

11.12.2009 - 00:52
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Well dunno depends how strong cards u had?? but with two aces ot king ace or two kings or maybe any pair higher then 10 wuld make me going all in
----
Erno Paasilinna
12.12.2009 - 21:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Daaaamn...i just got Royal Flush...first time in life

i called all-in (in second hand ) with Ah 10h ... and the rest just happened

edit: omg...in today's tournament i am winning just everything...
----

13.12.2009 - 01:29
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
He hee ur ass is on fire hehehehheh
----
Erno Paasilinna
13.12.2009 - 11:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I finally finished 32th out of about 2500

and if i didnt make several stupid mistakes in the end, i could be even higher...
----

13.12.2009 - 18:05
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
It's nice result,
i think i should put some money on my 365bet account and start playin for real money again
----
Erno Paasilinna
13.12.2009 - 19:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Today my brother claimed me that in poker the card deck isnt shuffled after each hand...could that be by any chance true? it sounds totally weird to me...
----

14.12.2009 - 17:01
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Well dunno how goes with those pokers online
----
Erno Paasilinna
17.12.2009 - 17:36
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Ellrohir on 13.12.2009 at 11:21

I finally finished 32th out of about 2500

dood...that is frickin sweet! did u win anything for that?
----
rekt
17.12.2009 - 17:37
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Ellrohir on 13.12.2009 at 19:28

Today my brother claimed me that in poker the card deck isnt shuffled after each hand...could that be by any chance true? it sounds totally weird to me...

absolutely, entirely, 100 percent FALSE.

And "they" use only one deck at a time
----
rekt
17.12.2009 - 17:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by tea[m]ster on 17.12.2009 at 17:36

0.34 euro (winner took about 18 euro)

today evening is another round of this competition, so i will see my result today
----

17.12.2009 - 18:01
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Ellrohir on 17.12.2009 at 17:58

Written by tea[m]ster on 17.12.2009 at 17:36

0.34 euro (winner took about 18 euro)

today evening is another round of this competition, so i will see my result today

i will give u one piece of advice - never, ever, put all your chips in on a stone cold bluff - trust me
----
rekt
17.12.2009 - 18:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well, thats a question, imo...you can still loose putting all in with A-A or A-K in color hand even opposing 2-7 not in color hand...your percentage may be better, but still it is only a matter of luck, you cannot presume anything and you can expect everything before flop...

recently i refused to answer all in with 8-8 hand...and then third 8 came at turn and i would won with it, would become table chip leader and be ok for next couple of hands...but i just hadnt balls to risk everything and it turned to be bad decision
----

17.12.2009 - 19:09
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Ellrohir on 17.12.2009 at 18:36

Well, thats a question, imo...you can still loose putting all in with A-A or A-K in color hand even opposing 2-7 not in color hand...your percentage may be better, but still it is only a matter of luck, you cannot presume anything and you can expect everything before flop...

recently i refused to answer all in with 8-8 hand...and then third 8 came at turn and i would won with it, would become table chip leader and be ok for next couple of hands...but i just hadnt balls to risk everything and it turned to be bad decision

my fellow poker bud, that 8-8 hand, their must have been a couple of "overs" on the board when u mucked your hand...it was a good fold...the odds of spiking an 8 on the flop is 11.7 percent...after the flop I believe it's 5 percent. The more you play the more "i wish i wouldn't have folded" hands you're gonna have.

As far as bluffing...I mean shoving all your chips in the middle with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING/ NO OUTS/ DRAWING DEAD
----
rekt
17.12.2009 - 19:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ellrohir on 17.12.2009 at 18:36

i'd say your playing style is usually too loose but now you didn't call an all-in with 8-8? i mean you answered an all-in with A-10 suited but you didn't want to risk on a 8-8? was it a huge all-in or was the guy a short stacker?
17.12.2009 - 19:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well the thing was that one player went all in a then second one calls, so i was "third to join", which i found too risky...also it was "win or die", since they both have more chips than me...
----

17.12.2009 - 22:02
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Ellrohir on 17.12.2009 at 19:45

Well the thing was that one player went all in a then second one calls, so i was "third to join", which i found too risky...also it was "win or die", since they both have more chips than me...

oops...u didn't tell me u folded pre-flop...i suppose...if u were short stacked and their was a call and raise in front of you...i guess i pick a better spot...
----
rekt
18.12.2009 - 10:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Last night won another 20 lei, though i was pretty lucky at one hand at least, got to the river thinking i only had a pair of 5s with Q kicker, calling 2 small raises, then when i turned the cards everyone was all like "omg he has the flush!!" i didn't even notice

it's a shame that one of the worst players in the group quit poker because he lost so much already or else i would have won a lot more.
28.12.2009 - 21:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Lol, poor guy...he lost all-in with triple 10s against my triple Aces
----

28.12.2009 - 23:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ellrohir on 28.12.2009 at 21:35

Lol, poor guy...he lost all-in with triple 10s against my triple Aces

yesterday i was at a friend's house and he won with a straight flush against the opponent's flush, won his all-in and a bit of other pot money

anyway, these 2 guys i know were playing once. one guy(who calls pretty much on everything) had K 2 suited and called the other guy's(who had AA) raise. in the end he had three of a kind or something and everyone asked him why the fuck he entered the pot with such a shit card, he said "they were suited!"
17.01.2010 - 22:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Today it was poker afternoon and evening

i attended public free tournament donated with some serious cash...first there was a qualifier, where 50 players (out about more than 400) pass...then cash finale with awards for first 100 (with 350 players who made qualification during the week)...i finished 57th and get 3 euro in the end, after about 4 hours of playing...

i think i played my best so far, also with some luck through the time - at the end of qualification i was 53rd of 54 (50 to go through) and everybody was only waiting and i was running low on stack due to antes...first i didnt call A9 suited and observed how full-house is appearing...and then KK hand came so i was rescued in almost last minute...another time i got AAA33 fullhouse right after flop and gather nice amount of chips from that...other time (what caused i fell to 53th position with low stack), my A triple was beaten with flush after river...in the end i respond all-in on blind with AK suited hand and lost...i had more chips, so something left me, but it appeared it is not enough for fairly high antes, so i ended within few hands...

simply i was sometimes high, sometimes low, but whole time i enjoyed it, which is the main thing
----

23.02.2010 - 21:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Lol...i just won hand with 2-5 suited...on the table were K, J, J, A and Q
----