Endgame
World Painted Blood

Total votes: 168
11.11.2009 - 06:19
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.11.2009 at 17:49

World Painted Blood by far.

Endgame is full of pointless meandering songs which are stuffed with solos that have nothing to add to the songs. What's the use of a solo when it doesn't enhance a song at all?
WPB is focussed and in your face, good old Slayer, best they have done in about 15 years.

I can't say that better by myself, you summed everything very well. Yes I like almost all Slayer albums ("Diabolus In Musica" it's their worst IMO) but this is really fast, aggressive and as Marcel said, "in your face". All I can say is: FUCKING SLAYER!!! I find the album short, but that's something I like, it gives me the urge to listen it again.
And yes, The Hanneman/King dinamic duo are what the band is made of. And yes, Araya's voice of course. And well, everyone who has me on Facebook knows how much I love Dave Lombardo's drumming, he is THE MAN.

About "Endgame", yes it has some good moments, I find "This Day We Fight" cool, very thrasy, then the album comes dooooown with each song, not only musically, but also the lyrics are not really that good. Other songs I like are "Head Crusher" and "The Hardest Part Of Letting Go..." Every other song on the album is boring as watching the grass growing, I even find the solos boring, and this doesn't happen very frequently. I like Megadeth, Dave is a great musician, I know he can write really, but really great songs, but he said this was his proudest moment since RIP, sooo... FAIL! No RIP here.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.11.2009 at 18:00

Yes, Dave Mustaine is a Christian nowadays but then again so is Tom Araya.

Well, actually Araya is catholic but its not very important for the topic, the fact is they both believe in Christ.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
11.11.2009 - 18:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.11.2009 at 18:30

I've heard many people complaining about their solos, but they are a major part of what makes Slayer Slayer, and makes them so special.

Good point, I've heard those comments a lot of times and everytime I read them I listen to Slayer and think "those guys are nuts, there's no way the band can sound better with a "better" guitarrist. The caothic solos are just perfect and gives the song indentity

Well, I voted for Slayer here because of the same reasons most of the people here have. And I also don't enjoy Megadeth that much. The album was meh to me as always. But that's because I'm not that into thrash so I know the basic stuff.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.11.2009 - 03:17
Nyxgrinder

Written by Nyxgrinder on 10.11.2009 at 03:40

Mehadeth´s is so slow now and so christian......

I still think that´s a joke from Tom to defy god and the public opinion and force them to come up with their own thougths...............
But god does hate´s us all tho
and Slayer hasn´t slow down that much
13.11.2009 - 06:51
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Although Endgame is by far the better of the two, KREATOR's new album rips both of these albums to shreds.
----
Brujerizmo!
13.11.2009 - 18:14
Nyxgrinder

Written by Nyxgrinder on 10.11.2009 at 03:40

Mehadeth´s is so slow now and so christian......

Well I still think that´s a joke from tom, he laughs when he is asked about it...
kerry and hanneman ain´t christian and haven´t turned that slow.
and god does hates us all............
and world is still painting blood.......
I just do not find Megadeth´s lyrics as intresting as before
that headcrusher song is kind of cool tho
13.11.2009 - 18:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Nyxgrinder on 13.11.2009 at 18:14

Well I still think that´s a joke from tom, he laughs when he is asked about it...
kerry and hanneman ain´t christian and haven´t turned that slow.
and god does hates us all............
and world is still painting blood.......
I just do not find Megadeth´s lyrics as intresting as before
that headcrusher song is kind of cool tho

Tom always laughs. And he is very devout Catholic.
As for the others not being Christians, the rest of Megadeth also isn't Christian.
But that aside I prefer World Painted Blood any day over Endgame's boring guitar masturbating.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.11.2009 - 19:04
Hellish Star
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.11.2009 at 18:17

But that aside I prefer World Painted Blood any day over Endgame's boring guitar masturbating.

You've made your point before!
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
13.11.2009 - 19:43
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Who the fuck cares who is christian and who isn't...it's music.
----
Brujerizmo!
17.11.2009 - 05:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Endgame, by far. It's better in every category. Let's see:

VOCALS - Besides Playing With Dolls, Tom only has two vocal deliveries - shout and stop, while Dave still has personality. Normally I like Tom's voice for some reason, but he really gave an uninspired performance this time. Numerous times his sloppy voice doesn't go with the music, and he even still shouts like a moron during some of the slower sections. Dave still sounds annoying at times, but has enough attitude to at least occasionally boost the songs.

SOLOS - I think it's funny to complain about too many guitar solos. The solos are great on Endgame and they really do help make the songs better. The main reason why I listen to 44 Minutes is for the main guitar solo, the opening instrumental blows me away every time, and the dueling solos on 1,320 make an already badass song more amazing. Sure sometimes they're random, but I like that. If you want to complain about pointless solos, look at United Abominations. Anyways, there are some cool solos on WPB, but nothing nearly as memorable for me.

RIFFS - I listened to WPB twice (well I turned it off in the middle of the second play) and no interesting riff sticks in my head. The verses for Bite the Hand that Feeds, the opening riff in 1,320, and every riff in This Day We Fight will never get out of my head, among many others. Jeff and Kerry didn't really write many guitar parts that I haven't heard before.

LYRICS - Alright, they both suck, but the lyrics on WPB are just ridiculous. Tom just shouts random words of violence that stick out like a sore thumb. I seriously think that my autistic little sister could write something more intelligible than the "Lights, Camera, Action" song (Snuff) or Americon. Normally I don't give a fuck about lyrics, but there isn't anything interesting for me to pay attention to on WPB. I'm usually too focused on the music for Endgame, but Dave's words generally flow well for the most part, but there are quite a few sections that fail. Good examples of lyrics that work well with the music is 1,320 and This Day We Fight.

PRODUCTION - I think we can all agree that Megadeth wins in this category. Endgame just might have the best production job I've ever heard, thanks to a much improved Andy Sneap. WPB does sound much better with surround sound, but it flat out sucks on headphones or normal speakers. The drums are so obnoxiously loud and the riffs are often hidden, but the weirdest thing of all is that I noticed different songs on WPB have different production values.

DRUMS - Both great. No complaints from me here.

Slayer has always been my #1 band so I'm very disappointed, to say the least. Endgame is an album filled with good and bad songs, while WPB is consistently average to below average. Slayer is just out of ideas
18.11.2009 - 09:44
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Endgame better.
30.11.2009 - 09:36
Athropos
Burning inside
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.11.2009 at 17:49

Endgame is full of pointless meandering songs which are stuffed with solos that have nothing to add to the songs.

First time I hear someone complaining about too many solos in a metal album...

I like both, but after having listened to WPB, I thought "Ok, what's new?". Actually I couldn't cite a single song that stood out. Endgame is the clear winner for me.
30.11.2009 - 10:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Lol agreed - it's like complaining that Altar of Sacrifice by Slayer or Angel of Disease by Morbid Angel has too many solos. This Day We Fight! reminds me of those two songs.
08.12.2009 - 02:37
!Mac!
This is easy: Megadeth's Endgame surpasses World Painted Blood without quetion. Megadeth has certainly provided some of the best work of the remaining thrash titans this decade. Slayer has had two killers in Christ Illusion and God Hates Us All. WPB is a major dissapointment. There is no bite or unique shredding and riffage that has been a mainstay with Slayer since the 80s. It's loud and aggressive but with no substance. Endgame has its head on straight and a major purpose that was seen in United Abominations. I just saw Megadeth live last week and they played the majority of Endgame's track listing -- they were phenomenal.
27.12.2009 - 13:54
4death4
Written by Guest on 13.11.2009 at 04:02

I choose Endgame nice album, great shredding!!

me 2.
09.01.2010 - 20:33
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Written by Konrad on 13.11.2009 at 06:51

Although Endgame is by far the better of the two, KREATOR's new album rips both of these albums to shreds.

Yeah it sure does!!! It's a thrash monster
09.01.2010 - 20:39
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
I would choose World Painted Blood.Endgame just doesn't fuel that fire for me
19.01.2010 - 02:17
thewall30
Without a doubt Endgame!
----
25.01.2010 - 12:04
Pap
I think that comparing these albums is meaningless. It 's fabulous that two of the most historic and classic bands of heavy metal that exist for more than 25 years can still release albums like these showing both respect for their history and offering us what we anticipated!
25.01.2010 - 13:25
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
World Painted Blood is better I think, I like it more. to be honest I didnt like the guitar sounds in Endgame.
28.01.2010 - 17:51
Sulac
Endgame. I love the entire album, esp. 44 Minutes (on my top 5 songs), This Day We Fight, Endgame, Bodies, and This Is How The Story Ends
28.01.2010 - 18:17
Slayer
World Painted blood is better. So is Slayer
----
Taste me you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you
28.01.2010 - 18:37
Reza
Account deleted
Endgame is Better. Of Course!
04.02.2010 - 15:20
Bleed4Metal
Megadeath to me will alwayse be good thrash metal. But NEVER better than Slayer, I listened to World Painted Blood, than watched the DVD it came with. Changed the whole album for me in a more creepy tone. Megadeath is just the same ol' same ol'
05.02.2010 - 01:23
ToMegaTherion
Endgame on this battle for sure, I have honestly found on the last two slayer albums that it seems to be quite repetitive after a while. But they are both still very good albums together.
06.02.2010 - 00:12
Devolution
Definitely Mustain's Endgame
----
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
04.04.2010 - 09:20
Endgame is the better album, but honestly there has been far better metal albums from 2009 and even Metallica's Death Magnetic rips world painted blood and endgame to shreds
03.07.2010 - 00:06
Sulac
Endgame dominates. Megadeth!!!!
03.07.2010 - 15:30
vezzy
Stallmanite
Endgame by far. WPB sounds muffled and plain.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
28.07.2010 - 07:12
Damage inc.
I like slayers old stuff i gotta give this one to megadeth
07.09.2010 - 18:07
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
I go with Endgame. Endgame was Megadeth's proof that they still had not lost their touch and that they can still play ass-kicking thrash.