Metal Storm logo
Things that make you happy

Original post

Posted by Nexus, 18.11.2009 - 19:00
All right, so everyones bitching about things that make em sad, or things that piss em off ... but man, enough of this negativity! We got enough of that shite circulating around this world as it is without us harvesting and exacerbating it. Lets talk about and celebrate what makes us happy for once!

Music! Particularly metal! ... And even more so, Thrash metal to be exact. Fuck yeah!
Beer!
Sunny days : )
Sunsets
People who genuinely care about others, and want to help each other out
Positive people
Honest people (or as honest as they can possibly be)
People who like to party as much as I do (without losing themselves completely)
People who are able to discuss something intelligent

And yeah, searched about 7 pages back, got to be too much of a strenuous task for me to keep looking back to see if anyone had posted a topic similar to this. If there is one, then feel free to trash this thread.
18.06.2014 - 12:28
Leni
Summer
metal festivals
wheat beer
my family and friends
milk chocolate))
28.01.2016 - 20:54
Metren
Dreadrealm
A few days ago I discovered that a former classmate of mine is in a black metal band. That's pretty awesome.

Also, recently (this is not a joke, it is true) my mother has started listening to bm a bit. That's also pretty great XD
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
28.01.2016 - 21:29
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Metren on 28.01.2016 at 20:54

my mother has started listening to bm a bit.

Wow, if my mom would start listening to bm I'd shed tears of pride I think
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.01.2016 - 21:37
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Karlabos on 28.01.2016 at 21:29

Wow, if my mom would start listening to bm I'd shed tears of pride I think

Yep, I am quite proud of her. However, she does still refer to growls as "bear-voice" though
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
30.01.2016 - 17:31
ANGEL REAPER
I thought it is money ,but days are still gray as always...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.01.2016 - 19:48
no one
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 30.01.2016 at 17:31

Of cause, look at deadone, i think he was more well off than anyone on here and look how bitter and full of hstred he was.
30.01.2016 - 19:55
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 30.01.2016 at 19:48

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 30.01.2016 at 17:31

Of cause, look at deadone, i think he was more well off than anyone on here and look how bitter and full of hstred he was.

"...hate is good.It keeps man alive " (from Ben Hur)

nah its not that but i spent most of last 20 years broke as fuck , so i thought having money would change endless grey of days .Having money changed nothing....process of making it even made dull all the things i liked before ...

dunno man ,i am a bit upset how things are playing out ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.01.2016 - 21:39
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 30.01.2016 at 19:55

nah its not that but i spent most of last 20 years broke as fuck , so i thought having money would change endless grey of days .Having money changed nothing....process of making it even made dull all the things i liked before ...

I think most people have made the mistake of thinking that something they don't yet have (or likely something they never had as a child, but others did) will make them happy, once they get it. I think it was Pliney The Younger, who said: "An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit."
----
30.01.2016 - 21:50
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Metren on 30.01.2016 at 21:39

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 30.01.2016 at 19:55

I think most people have made the mistake of thinking that something they don't yet have (or likely something they never had as a child, but others did) will make them happy, once they get it. I think it was Pliney The Younger, who said: "An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit."

pointing out obvious things does not change anything... i knew money would not change anything ,but having no desire to spend it on anything is scary .... its absence of will to do anything despite having means to achieve anything is upsetting me . Its like when i was broke i was wanting to buy better gear to make music.Now when i have money i dont feel like making any music....

Shit ,my mind is fucked up right now.
----
30.01.2016 - 21:59
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 30.01.2016 at 21:50

pointing out obvious things does not change anything... i knew money would not change anything ,but having no desire to spend it on anything is scary .... its absence of will to do anything despite having means to achieve anything is upsetting me . Its like when i was broke i was wanting to buy better gear to make music.Now when i have money i dont feel like making any music....

All of that sounds like depression to me, tbh.
----
30.01.2016 - 22:03
no one
Account deleted
Time to listen to some happydays "deafeated by life"
30.01.2016 - 22:10
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Metren on 30.01.2016 at 21:59

yeah ... most likely ...
----
30.01.2016 - 22:22
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 30.01.2016 at 22:10

Written by Metren on 30.01.2016 at 21:59

yeah ... most likely ...

In cases like this, I find that the best advice is to simply tell you to seek professional help. When one's brain chemistry isn't what it's supposed to be for leading a saticfying life, then it isn't any use to say something about attitudes and being thankful for what you have and all that jazz.

And to keep this on topic: a thing that makes me happy, is when people are open and brave enough to admit that they need help. Admitting to having a problem is the first step towards understanding that problem and understanding a problem is the first step towards solving it.

I know I sound like a preachy douche, but I am right, dammit
----
21.04.2016 - 18:34
Enteroctopus
There are two types of depression: situational and clinical. Situational is like when your dog dies. You're depressed, that's normal.

Or your job sucks, etc.

Clinical is, well, clinical. No good reason for it, so mostly they treat it with medication. A good therapist will tell you to try out some exercise, though, as it certainly won't hurt. At worst you'll be depressed and in really great shape.

Try some cardio or weight lifting. At worst you'll end up with a six pack!!
22.04.2016 - 03:06
no one
Account deleted
Written by Enteroctopus on 21.04.2016 at 18:34

There are two types of depression: situational and clinical. Situational is like when your dog dies. You're depressed, that's normal.

Or your job sucks, etc.

Clinical is, well, clinical. No good reason for it, so mostly they treat it with medication. A good therapist will tell you to try out some exercise, though, as it certainly won't hurt. At worst you'll be depressed and in really great shape.

Try some cardio or weight lifting. At worst you'll end up with a six pack!!

Surfing is my best ani depressent, if im falling into a depression, even if i.can't handle going into public, if i force myself to go surf i come out feeling so much better, even if the waves are shit. Obviously the exorcise and just being in the water. Same goes for a walk in the forest to a lesser scale

?Music helps too, i even read the other day about how scientist done some study that found that music grows your brain and helps dopamine, but its probably more of a quick fix.
24.04.2016 - 13:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Tony Teh Towel on 21.02.2016 at 21:28

Weed
Pussy
Hot water

and how hot water can go together whit weed and pussy?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.06.2016 - 15:49
Overrwatcher
Video games helped me cope with the depression I've had since age 11, so it's definitely the big thing that makes me happy. Other than that, immersion is really big. Due to my sleep disorders I would lie at night and get lost in imaginary worlds which have very flimsy interconnections and have been developed for years.

Also, being a functional human being (going outside, doing productive stuff, etc) helps a lot. Life may still suck, but at least you have accomplished something, which goes a long way from feeling hopeless and useless. If you break that then it's very hard to climb back up. I know this because right now I'm in that slump where I'm barely functional, I wake up 4 PM, play video games and go on random internet rants the entire time I'm up and eat one meal the whole day (which is why I'm 105 pounds at 5'9). Do that until 5-6 AM. Repeat. Hell, I'm posting this at 5:49 AM here. The birds are chirping outside.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
07.06.2016 - 06:29
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Primordial and some fine assssssssssssss.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
09.06.2016 - 00:16
FOOCK Nam
Why everybody easily consider themselves depression ? Don't ever take it lightly all that shit therapy, meds, expert advising,... All that shit is not for lightheart... Don't ever let your neighbor, parents,friends hear you easily say I-have-depression due to this-that- the simply matters this-that reason... Anything with mental health is sensitive both human and tools,nurse, Doctor, med, patient,... Cuz once you take the meds it will take long time to cut it off, 5 or 20 years.. Not a easy fun issue.. Not to mention hundred more issue when you get into the "scene",.. The only advice for happiness as you guys desire simple for men is become strong, feel no bothered by anything.. That's all.. Speaking of metal, it is not for faint heart at least stuff dark as fuck, you listen to metal the culture of strong idol etc..
09.06.2016 - 01:12
no one
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.06.2016 at 00:16

Why everybody easily consider themselves depression ? Don't ever take it lightly all that shit therapy, meds, expert advising,... All that shit is not for lightheart... Don't ever let your neighbor, parents,friends hear you easily say I-have-depression due to this-that- the simply matters this-that reason... Anything with mental health is sensitive both human and tools,nurse, Doctor, med, patient,... Cuz once you take the meds it will take long time to cut it off, 5 or 20 years.. Not a easy fun issue.. Not to mention hundred more issue when you get into the "scene",.. The only advice for happiness as you guys desire simple for men is become strong, feel no bothered by anything.. That's all.. Speaking of metal, it is not for faint heart at least stuff dark as fuck, you listen to metal the culture of strong idol etc..
wut?
10.06.2016 - 05:36
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 09.06.2016 at 01:12

wut?

I just meant that don't consider yourself depression or having mental problems like depression or schizo, paranoid etc.. .. Ppl just like talking and talk whatever they want,.. I just hope don't be serious consider yourself you have mental problem or depression, with light heart talking for fun...

You live in New Zealand, don't need to worry about that, but country like Serbia, Google it the video about the healthcare there, you will understand,... Some place needs undemonstrative some free expression no harmful...
10.06.2016 - 10:30
ANGEL REAPER
Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.06.2016 at 05:36

wut?

I just meant that don't consider yourself depression or having mental problems like depression or schizo, paranoid etc.. .. Ppl just like talking and talk whatever they want,.. I just hope don't be serious consider yourself you have mental problem or depression, with light heart talking for fun...

You live in New Zealand, don't need to worry about that, but country like Serbia, Google it the video about the healthcare there, you will understand,... Some place needs undemonstrative some free expression no harmful...

wut?
----
11.06.2016 - 00:15
FOOCK Nam
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 10.06.2016 at 10:30

Written by FOOCK Nam on 10.06.2016 at 05:36

wut?

wut?

I meant the 26 years old guy told you that you have sign of depression, but you do not, I'm sure... Well don't assume you have depression...
11.06.2016 - 08:17
no one
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 11.06.2016 at 00:15

I meant the 26 years old guy told you that you have sign of depression, but you do not, I'm sure... Well don't assume you have depression...

and this makes you happy? maybe you should just assume you have depression.
11.06.2016 - 10:18
ANGEL REAPER

Nah i was just too much burned out by work and university and stuff at the time of writing. Actually I was wondering about that google to see healthcare in Serbia part. i mean its not that bad.
----
12.06.2016 - 03:22
FOOCK Nam
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 11.06.2016 at 10:18

Nah i was just too much burned out by work and university and stuff at the time of writing. Actually I was wondering about that google to see healthcare in Serbia part. i mean its not that bad.

Yea it's not that bad, but generally the field of taking care for mental health is not good as the west and America, only that field...so better don't have mental that ought to go to mental address there.. I have a video about it if you want to see..

Sorry guys, that I make you off unhappy in the happy thread.. Just I'm always worry about the issue of mental health and the safety of ppl who actually don't need to care about it..

@no one: I'll pm u.
13.06.2016 - 05:14
Overrwatcher
I get what you're saying, don't worry.

I'm on antidepressants that I really, really don't want to be on, but have to. I didn't need it, and all it does is fuck up my sleep even more than before, gives me nonstop headaches, and doesn't even have an impact on me. It's really gonna suck to get off of this and I'm only doing what I'm told by the mental health departments to avoid looking like a delinquent.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
13.06.2016 - 06:08
no one
Account deleted
Im happy that overrwatcher is so clever.
25.08.2016 - 16:43
Metren
Dreadrealm
The fact that autumn is coming. Where I live, trees are becoming more orange and yellow by the day and the weather is getting colder, the nights aren't warm anymore. I love autumn and winter much more than I like spring and summer, so this makes me happy indeed. Can't wait for the first cold winter evening, with fire crackling in the fireplace and snow slowly falling outside in the darkness.
----
25.08.2016 - 17:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Metren on 25.08.2016 at 16:43

Can't wait for the first cold winter evening, with fire crackling in the fireplace and snow slowly falling outside in the darkness.

This.

Just waiting for it. Here in Jammu and Kashmir, this scene is set for 4 months. From November, it's gets very cold and hit December everything you see around is fucking snow.