‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]
Users visited: 252  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 17.05.2006 at 15:38
The Power Metallers from the USA.

Underwhile pretty known. And there're plans for making a new album.
That news was written partly in the latest newsletter. Which was posted in the old Forum I thought.

Continue please. That will make me happy.

Page 8 of 8

Dead Eternity

31.01.2015 at 00:10
Written by TickingTock on 19.01.2015 at 20:47

Same reasons as I joined too! Hoping the next album will be more along the lines of Epica and The Black Halo (My two favourite Kamelot albums!).

I don't have any hopes for the next album. I think they just wrote the same thing again. It'll be like Rhapsody Of Fire.
Susan
Smeghead

31.01.2015 at 06:28
Oh god I hope you're wrong. Thomas did say in some interview that they were happy to get back to straight power metal after doing too much progressive stuff on Poetry; then we were left with the generic shit that was Silverthorn. I hope they aren't out of ideas, or that Roy wasn't the source of ALL the good ideas. If they fade into the same droll power metal that Rhapsody and other "greats" churn out in their old age then I'll be very, very sad. They tried hard to reach the top, they explored music right to the pinnacle; I hope they don't just get comfortable with their fame at this point.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
TickingTock

03.02.2015 at 14:27
Written by Dead Eternity on 31.01.2015 at 00:10

Written by TickingTock on 19.01.2015 at 20:47

Same reasons as I joined too! Hoping the next album will be more along the lines of Epica and The Black Halo (My two favourite Kamelot albums!).

I don't have any hopes for the next album. I think they'll just write the same thing again. It'll be like Rhapsody Of Fire.

Kamelot will have a trick or two up their sleeve. They always do!
TickingTock

03.02.2015 at 14:49
Written by Susan on 31.01.2015 at 06:28

Oh god I hope you're wrong. Thomas did say in some interview that they were happy to get back to straight power metal after doing too much progressive stuff on Poetry; then we were left with the generic shit that was Silverthorn. I hope they aren't out of ideas, or that Roy wasn't the source of ALL the good ideas. If they fade into the same droll power metal that Rhapsody and other "greats" churn out in their old age then I'll be very, very sad. They tried hard to reach the top, they explored music right to the pinnacle; I hope they don't just get comfortable with their fame at this point.

Roy was never the source of ALL of the good ideas - Youngblood has and always will be the creative driving force behind Kamelot. Just a shame most Kamelot fans are too occupied over the "Khan vs Karevik" movement too see this. Poetry was a massive hit or miss album; the same goes for Silverthorn. I have faith that the next album will be an improvement! If not, well i'll just have to eat my own words!
Etaín

03.04.2015 at 22:10
There's no denying their style changed drasticly with Khan leaving. Best way for me to describe it is, the sound lost maturity. May sound stupid, but thats how it feels to me. The sounds, the lyrics, the melodies etc. I still listen to all the older albums on a regular base (Fourth Legacy upto Poetry) and each one of those is unique, has its own sound, story and feel. And then my player goes onto Silverthorn and i turn it off :p This isnt the same band at all. 'Generic' as Susan describes it is a fitting term imo. Sad to see another fav band go down like this. And yes i saw them live recently, and Karevik does sound like a young Khan, but he has a very long way to go.
----
memories in paraphraze ...
Belegûr
Arise In Might!

30.06.2015 at 14:53
I kind of lost interest with the last couple of albums with Khan, but with the arrival of Karevik I have been absolutely bored to death. I've heard his work on other albums and it's as if he's been told "Copy Khan as much as you can". I kind of understood it with Silverthorn as I didn't know if the music had been written with Khan in mind. Though with Haven it just seems like the band is completely comfortable with doing this same thing over and over. All these additional guest vocals I don't care for, songs with the exact same choruses as old songs, the Khan impersonator. I'll just go back to Karma, Epica and Fourth Legacy .
----
YES to Scottish Independence
ThePeacekeeper

08.08.2015 at 18:49
The latest album is kind of boring unfortunately
Derek Julian

28.08.2015 at 23:14
Kamelot were one of the bands that got me into metal and I will always love their golden era of The Fourth Legacy to The Black Halo (absolute masterpiece). After that, they went downhill quickly, Ghost Opera was alright, but nothing spectacular and everything after that is just so mediocre and boring.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]

Login or register to post here.