Metal Storm logo
Septicflesh

03.08.2006 - 12:02
AncientOrigins
Septic Flesh were a Greek atmospheric Death Metal band with great albums under their belt, Esoptron has got to be my favourite. They disbanded in 2003, feeling that "they have reached everything they wanted with Septic Flesh, musically". Especially their last album "Sumerian Demons" is quite known and beloved by many.

Anyone into them in here?

----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
03.08.2006 - 16:06
Aborted_Fetus
Account deleted
Ophidian Wheel is my favorite one..i like the atmosphere they create with their sound. And the opera singer Natalie does her job pretty well!!
03.08.2006 - 19:57
AncientOrigins
Yeah, she's definitely a very skilled singer. Still, I'm not an enormous fan of their more classical-inspired work. I just love Esoptron so much, the fantastic leads. My favourite song by them is "Woman of the Rings", though.
----
04.08.2006 - 01:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Sumerian Deamons is an amazing album. It's a shame they broke up
05.08.2006 - 01:42
thanatos_7
I have onle heard one song and it was fukin amazing, i was wondering if somebody please send me some songs or something like that i would apreciate it.
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
05.08.2006 - 02:11
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
Great band. One of the best atmospheric death metal band. Their last album (Sumerian Demons) is their best in my opinion. If you miss them you should check Chaostar, their album "The Scarlet Queen" is amazing.
06.08.2006 - 21:54
Varoth
Account deleted
A truly great band. Esoptron is one of the most amazing albums I've ever heard. Full of atmosphere, depth, and even technicallity. It progressed quite far from DM, but got a really unique sound.
Sumerian Daemons is good too, but IMO, Esoptron kicks it in the guts. This album is full atmosphere, melodies, and uh, more atmosphere. It also has a lot of doomy parts. One of the most original albums ever released, IMO. Can't stop praising these guys.

@Sathur: You knew it was just a matter of time until I find this thread, didn't you?
07.08.2006 - 18:24
rebelos
Account deleted
i own 2 albums only unfortunately
Sumerian Demons is brilliant!
12.08.2006 - 03:44
Conemetal
I have three albums: "A Fallen Temple", "Revolution DNA" and " Sumerian Daemons" and by far this is the best of these three. I think that "Revolution DNA" is very disappointing "Sumerian Daemons" has a very incredible atmosphere, variety and aggressiveness, for me it's a masterpiece
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
16.08.2006 - 17:25
Anathemani@c
I believe that Sumerian Daemons is a very good alboum, but the revolution DNA is the weakest of all. The drums sound awful. However, Esoptron is my favourite, I think.I will listen to the mystic places of dawn and I ll tell you...!!!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
16.08.2006 - 17:50
AncientOrigins
Written by Conemetal on 12.08.2006 at 03:44

I have three albums: "A Fallen Temple", "Revolution DNA" and " Sumerian Daemons" and by far this is the best of these three. I think that "Revolution DNA" is very disappointing "Sumerian Daemons" has a very incredible atmosphere, variety and aggressiveness, for me it's a masterpiece

You definitely need to check "Esoptron" and "Ophidian Wheel" if you enjoy their atmosphere so much. These two are my favourite Septic Flesh releases
----
17.10.2006 - 14:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
haha I like early albums from them specely ''Mystic Places Of Dawn'' I had lsiten leither albums I saw its like Roting Crist, and I dont like those bands so only good think are thay are from Hellas
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.12.2006 - 14:16
_HIV_
i love septic flesh! to bad that they disband my fav album of theirs is the last one and my favorite song of theirs is red code cult! they surely kicked ass!
25.01.2007 - 16:53
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
I have all of their albums(even the demo) except for "A Fallen Temple"and"Revolution DNA"...I believe that they were a super death metal band...i hadnt heard something like them in death metal before...they combined brutal death with atmosphaire and melody but have nothing to do with the Sweedish Death Metal Scene...Summerian Daemon if for sure their best work,amazing songs(i have made a tab for Virtues of the Beast fo Gp i dont think that exists,i will soon send it)but i will always like more"Mystic Places Of Dawn"And "Esoptron"(thought it's sound sucks
26.01.2007 - 05:50
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I had always considered Septic Flesh to be closer to the Greek black metal band (old Rotting Christ, Varathron, Thou Art Lord) than to death metal... well, one the other hand it's true that the borders between Greek black and melodic death are not always clear... anyway, I'm really into Septic Flesh, and they doomy, majestic touch. Unfortunately I only own "Mystic Places Of Dawn", but I'm certainly searching for more.
01.02.2007 - 22:17
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Sumerian Demons = masterpiece.
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
03.02.2007 - 14:21
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
@Southern Wind

Septic Flesh has indeed some black metal elements but musically they are Atmosphairic Death metal...Mabye the first albums were
Melodic Death but they changed it to Atmosphairic style...

Varonozz Summerian Daemon is really a masterpiece and i believe
that it is a crime that they are underestimated as a band...we hear everyday Death Metal bands that are truly rubbish but people dont give a chance to bands that had not so big promotion
04.02.2007 - 22:57
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Written by Guest on 03.02.2007 at 14:21

Varonozz Summerian Daemon is really a masterpiece and i believe
that it is a crime that they are underestimated as a band...we hear everyday Death Metal bands that are truly rubbish but people dont give a chance to bands that had not so big promotion

yeap, i totally agree.. But my personal opinion is that the best bands are the most unknown bands.

After their disbanding 3 years ago i think there is a greek band which can takes their place now because i find a big similarity in their gothic influenced melodic death atmosphere.. And im talking for the very promising band Inactive Messiah, which i had the luck to watch them live here in Cyprus.
----
20.02.2007 - 17:04
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
GREAAAAT NEWWWS!!!!

Septic Flesh decided to re-unite the band especially for the 3 days Metal Healing Festival at Greece at Xanthi...Lets hope that they will
keep it for more than one live...I will go to see them live
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
20.02.2007 - 17:07
Silvanus
Account deleted
WHOA! Would be amazing if they came up with a new album!!!!!
22.02.2007 - 16:56
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
I dont know if they will keep the re-union after the Metal Healing Festival so dont except a new album for sure...I believe though that when they step foot again at the stage and see the world down...they will keep it,at least that is my wish...
22.02.2007 - 17:05
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I discovered this band recently, someone recommended me Summerian Daemons and I was like wow This album is such a kickass, I love it how it varies from pure death metal to more melodic parts. The whole album just carries this amazingly dark atmosphere and that's what's giving this album it's seal.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
10.03.2007 - 15:04
Anathemani@c
My very first contact with Septic Flesh was with the Summerian Daemons, and firstly I hadnt liked them... Allthough, I looked them more and I found out that my favourite Septic Flesh alboum had to be Esoptron...
----
Trapped in time
22.03.2007 - 16:16
Anathemani@c
Guys! Se[tic Flesh are re-united for one and only show in Ksanthi, Greece for the summer festival!!! 21(Sat) July 2007 http://gogreece.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=gogreece&cdn=travel&tm=27&gps=457_356_1099_752&f=00&su=p531.22.152.ip_p532.6.150.ip_p284.7.420.ip_p284.5.420.ip_p531.20.420.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.metalbolt.com/Website/Forthcoming/Forthcoming.html
----
Trapped in time
06.04.2007 - 13:49
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
... they are working for the new album .. hail !
----
06.04.2007 - 16:44
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
Really?Where did you read that?I have only read that they re united for a live show!!!!
New Album????Is this sure????
07.04.2007 - 16:46
Silvanus
Account deleted
"SEPTIC FLESH will record their sixth full length album under the flag of Season of Mist. The yet untitled album will carry all the elements that made the sound of SEPTIC FLESH so distinctive. There will be pale, strange guitar melodies, brutal and sharp riffing, the devil behind the mic, and of course the neoclassical arrangements that are trademark of Chris Antoniou.

For that purpose alone, Chris the "gothic maestro" will torture a full orchestra and choir respectively made of 80 musicians and 32 singers! The rest of the album will be recorded and mixed on what has become the temple of the past two musical rituals of SEPTIC FLESH. Yes, once again they have chosen to invade the famous Fredman studios, with the company of Fredrik Nordstrom."

Whohooooooooo! \m/
09.04.2007 - 16:02
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
ARG

I just cant wait till Metal Healing Festival to see them and cant wait to listen to the new album
Anywayz thats all
22.04.2007 - 14:25
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
If anyone is interested i have sent a tab for"Virtues of The Beast"at tablatures.tk

Enjoy
09.05.2007 - 20:39
Lathronniel
Written by Guest on 09.04.2007 at 16:02

ARG

I just cant wait till Metal Healing Festival to see them and cant wait to listen to the new album
Anywayz thats all

I agree with u...
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...