Metal Storm logo
Best band name

22.05.2010 - 23:14
Don Martin
le fu-
What is in your opinion the best band name ever? Also write a little explanation please.

Mine is Rompeprop (dutch for Torsoclot) . The guys from the band where watching some freak show or something on the tv and there was a lady on it with some huge tumor in the area of her torso and one of the guys screamed "Da's ne grote rompeprop!" (That's a big torsoclot!). It might not appeal to non-dutch speaking people, but it's kinda "funny".
----
What a tackastrophe!
22.05.2010 - 23:19
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Strapping Young Lad, in my opinion, is the epitome of awesomeness. It conveys both a sense of power and humor, perfectly describing the band.
23.05.2010 - 12:33
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Emperor
23.05.2010 - 14:45
Kennoth
I really couldn't tell. However I found most death metal's band gore names (Disembowelment, Cattle Decapitation, Dying Fetus, you get the picture) to be too cliche to like, hence they turn lame in my book
----
*insert something deep and profound*
23.05.2010 - 14:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Paul DiAnno's Killers - this one just has a nice ring to it imo.

also D.A.D.'s old name(Disneyland After Dark) was pretty awesome too. kinda like a "savage circus" thing.
23.05.2010 - 18:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Kennoth on 23.05.2010 at 14:45

I really couldn't tell. However I found most death metal's band gore names (Disembowelment, Cattle Decapitation, Dying Fetus, you get the picture) to be too cliche to like, hence they turn lame in my book

But then again Disembowelment aren't a death metal band
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.05.2010 - 18:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 23.05.2010 at 14:57

Paul DiAnno's Killers - this one just has a nice ring to it imo.

also D.A.D.'s old name(Disneyland After Dark) was pretty awesome too. kinda like a "savage circus" thing.

It is only called Paul DiAnno's Killers because of the reference to his time in Iron Maiden.

As for DAD, the best band name with Disneylan in it I still find to be Bomb Disneyland, a shame they had to change their name (due to Disney corporation threatening to sue them) to Bomb Everything.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.05.2010 - 18:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.05.2010 at 18:34

It is only called Paul DiAnno's Killers because of the reference to his time in Iron Maiden.

yeah, somehow DiAnno always says he got past Maiden becoming huge after he left, but he's sorely in denial. anyway regardless i still think it sounds great.
23.05.2010 - 18:58
Kennoth
Well...here I some names I think sound pretty good: Cradle of Filth, Disturbed, The Agonist, Nightwish, Coal Chamber, Katatonia, Scar Symmetry, Paradise Lost, Evanescence
----
24.05.2010 - 00:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think Dead Reptile Shrine is one of my very favourite band names. Just a shame their music is so hideous.
24.05.2010 - 01:07
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
My favorite band name would have to be !T.O.O.H.! because of how abstract it seems.
24.05.2010 - 01:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.05.2010 at 01:07

My favorite band name would have to be !T.O.O.H.! because of how abstract it seems.

I also approve of The Obliteration of Humanity's name. Which may be slightly apparent.
24.05.2010 - 01:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 24.05.2010 at 00:43

I think Dead Reptile Shrine is one of my very favourite band names. Just a shame their music is so hideous.

I'm with you on that one. What a disappointment.

My favourite ones are usually one-word names, like Mayhem or Emperor. Usually a single word is much more powerful in a way then two or three words. Or what about Darkspace?

Then again, Acid Bath rules too.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.05.2010 - 02:15
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Thrash metal band names are just awesome; MEGADETH, SLAYER, KREATOR, ANNIHILATOR, ...etc
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
24.05.2010 - 04:24
Raust
Mastadon there name gives me great imagery to the collosal beast
24.05.2010 - 06:16
Zuzuz0r
Not a metal band, but Godspeed You! Black Emperor has one of the best band names I've ever heard IMO, as for metal, I like names like Agalloch, Velvet Cacoon, Lifelover, Ea(simple, but I like it), or names in languages which aren't english, like Amesoeurs, Lantlôs, Mar de Grises, Drudkh, etc...
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
24.05.2010 - 19:45
Edmund Fogg
Best band namefor me it'a tie between Hail Of Bullets and Heaven Shall Burn.Musically I prefer the first one
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
24.05.2010 - 20:19
Kennoth
I always thought Morbid Angel sounds cool. And Death too.
----
24.05.2010 - 22:57
asmo111
Legion of the Damned or God Dethroned
25.05.2010 - 13:23
Edmund Fogg
Impaled Nazarene.You can't get more awesome trhen that for a band name
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
25.05.2010 - 13:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, even though it kinda makes them seem like a novelty band

First album is great, but the second album is kinda boring btw
25.05.2010 - 15:13
Kennoth
Written by Edmund Fogg on 25.05.2010 at 13:23

Impaled Nazarene.You can't get more awesome trhen that for a band name

I agree, I like it too.
----
25.05.2010 - 15:55
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Arkona sounds great and it's the name of some legendary russian stronghold - kickass! As for english band names, the nasty Cradle Of Filth is very good, as every word Dani Filth writes (I don't know if he is the one who thought of the name, but it's so like him to give birth to such hideous ideas). Also Equilibrium is an awesome name, because it sounds cool, is short and sweet, and is heavily symbolic, especially for a nature-loving folk band.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
25.05.2010 - 23:59
Tunafish
Well, Children Of Bodom has something for me. The name itself isn't really that cool, but basing your bands name on mysterious murders is pretty awesome

Further, Agalloch sounds nice, Paradise Lost, Iced Earth, Drudkh, Eluveitie (sounds so sweet and flowery ), Bastaerdschwaerd, names like that.
----
Good, better, best, me.
26.05.2010 - 00:52
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Cryptopsy...

fun to write, hear and talk.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.05.2010 - 02:20
whatsacow
Diablo Swing Orchestra... It just oozes awesomeness.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
26.05.2010 - 09:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Blind Guadian
Deathspell Omega
Judas Priest
Moonsorrow
Nebular Mystic
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.05.2010 - 12:49
Cyroth
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - love the idea
For my Pain... - mysterious because you don't know where the name is going
Insomnium - just like it
----
26.05.2010 - 12:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Aasdgoihasdghexekul

They have just one, two-songed, demo which was better than most full lengths in 2008. And their name owns all of you
26.05.2010 - 13:19
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Kennoth on 24.05.2010 at 20:19

I always thought Morbid Angel sounds cool. And Death too.

YEAH BABY !! .. Morbid Angel's name can't be possibly matched in "awesomeness" !!
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832