Metal Storm logo
Bloodbath

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 14.08.2006 - 14:57
I searched for 'Bloodbath'... but found nothing; so here be the place to express your thoughts on the Swedish Death Metal band.

To refresh memories;

Formed: 1999
Official Website: http://bloodbath.biz/
Releases:
- Breeding Death EP (2000)
- Resurrection through Carnage (2002)
- Nightmares Made Flesh (2004)

Now for my thoughts on the band...
They're god damn amazing. Line-ups have been great... sucks that they couldn't find a vocalist to suit their criteria though... Anyway, Bloodbath would have to be among my top 5 favourite bands.
16.12.2007 - 22:36
Ereinion
Account deleted
This was posted on Bloodbath forum by Anders

ok guys, since it came out in the rather charming way of being on mike's best of list, we might just confirm the title to end the rumours and so on... the new new minicd is indeed entitled unblessing the purity , that and nothing else.
and as always, hope to announce everything else such as the songtitles, the line-up, a release date and a audio teazer when its possible and we got the green light.

After mounts of silence some cool news
17.12.2007 - 23:18
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
I can't wait :
21.01.2008 - 16:49
TormentoR_9
Account deleted
Really good news...
21.01.2008 - 22:21
doom_spector
Account deleted
I listened Resurrection Through Carnage for quite a long time and I can tell it is an amazing album, one of my favorite...
21.01.2008 - 22:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=19866] on 16.12.2007 at 22:36

ok guys, since it came out in the rather charming way of being on mike's best of list, we might just confirm the title to end the rumours and so on... the new new minicd is indeed entitled unblessing the purity , that and nothing else.
and as always, hope to announce everything else such as the songtitles, the line-up, a release date and a audio teazer when its possible and we got the green light.

Speaking of which, has the line-up been announced yet?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.01.2008 - 17:48
Ereinion
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 21.01.2008 at 22:36

Written by [user id=19866] on 16.12.2007 at 22:36

Speaking of which, has the line-up been announced yet?

No there has been no information about the line-up so far.
31.01.2008 - 12:52
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
just got some of their stuff, the song bathe in blood is amazing great band, akerfeldt is a great vocalist, and good news to see his back!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
31.01.2008 - 22:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Akerfeldt is back! yay! I'm hoping they go back to the simple production they had with Resurrection Through Carnage. The kind of buzzy sounding guitars were very cool, it was unique. Nightmares Made Flesh seemed pretty not exciting for me, a few tracks were great, but it lacked the campy 70s horror film mood I got from it, that and as previously stated, RTC seemed the band seemed to take itself a little less seriously, I dont know why.
----
- George Carlin
22.02.2008 - 16:07
NOИ
haven't heard anything from their new stuff, but this was a good death metal band, with very good sound. I don't know if they changed anything in the line up, I'm still waiting for a new album and not only an EP!
01.03.2008 - 01:14
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Great band, great talent. I think what's remarkable is their balance of brutality and groove. These guys know how to keep it fresh, and have achieved more or less their own sound. Creativity is always a thing Bloodbath kept in mind while playing death metal. Hails to them.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
11.03.2008 - 10:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The new Bloodbath EP is pretty brutal. When Swano left, I was a bit skeptical about how they would turn out, but it looks like they still have it. The songs on the EP aren't as strong as most of their others, but it's still good. Too bad there's only four songs.
11.03.2008 - 10:43
NOИ
agree here, I want an album not only an EP. I also quite like these songs, nothing special or something that can stick into your mind (like the old Bloodbath sound, especially in Cry My Name song) but pretty much ok for the new line up.
11.03.2008 - 14:31
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
It's true that its been three long years since these guys brought us anything. Mikeal is busy with Opeth so that has to do alot with it i presume. But the EP leaves me hungry for more and Bloodbath will surely deliver us a crushing death metal album soon along the way.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
11.03.2008 - 21:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Ive only heard the 1 song on there myspace off the new EP, but it sounds pretty solid, I'll get around to getting the EP eventually, not on the top of my wishlist though.
----
- George Carlin
11.03.2008 - 21:09
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
This new song sounds interesting... Lets wait for the new album.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
11.03.2008 - 21:52
Damnated
Churchburner
the EP is pretty solid, although i miss the old-school feeling the previous releases had. hopefully the new full-length will continue the tradition set by the early albums. Bloodbath just isn't interesting otherwise.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.03.2008 - 02:21
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
I gotta say that I'm not too impressed by the new EP, but like others have said ^^ lets wait for the new LP album.
24.03.2008 - 22:30
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Gotta agree with the rest of you, whilst the new EP isn't by any means 'bad', i can't help but feel slightly disappointed after hearing 'Nightmares made Flesh'. Their last full album had songs which stuck in my head for ages, whereas i'm finding a lot of the new songs are quite forgettable and don't really stand out from the crowd. I'm hoping they're saving their best material for the new album!
----
This is an outrage...
25.03.2008 - 03:21
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Yeah I agree with all of you on the point of production - it's all just a bit too well done isn't it really? I'm one of those people that got pissed off when Enslaved released Isa and people didn't like it because the production was "too good" for a bm band, and yet when it comes to Bloodbath a more raw production would have been better fitting. Either that or keep it clear but use more analog consoles - it's got a digital feel to it doesn't it?

This style of production really does the precision and technique justice but considering the musicians who are playing, they probably didn't necessarily need anything else to help draw attention to this. Clarity rather than digitalisation would have been my preference.

I don't quite remember how some of their earlier songs went so I can't really compare on the songwriting, but I'll take your word for it since you've been right on everything else. You've definitely rekindled an interest in earlier Bloodbath that I haven't heard for a while.

...and yes, the EP certainly leaves us wanting more doesn't it? I found myself putting it back to the beginning absent mindedly while doing things on the net, everytime thinking "man i wish there was more".

----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
28.04.2008 - 08:21
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Actually I really enjoy the new EP - it's different than "Nightmares Made Flesh," but I think it's more in line with the band's original EP, "Breeding Death," especially when it comes to production. "Nightmares..." was a bit too clear, unlike "Breeding Death" and my favorite, "Resurrection through Carnage." I do agree that the songs on the new EP aren't as overwhelming as some of the tracks from their album with Peter on vocals, but they are equally of high quality, just with a different intent. They seem more subversive in a way, and I really like the last song, "Mouth Of Empty Praise."

I don't think the band broke new ground with the EP, but it's a good opener to what hopefully will be a killer full-length soon... !
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
29.04.2008 - 04:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Jason W. on 28.04.2008 at 08:21

I don't think the band broke new ground with the EP, but it's a good opener to what hopefully will be a killer full-length soon... !

Yeah I dont think its Bloodbaths intent to be totally new and groundbreaking, Im not sure if its me, but it seems their music (more specifically the first album) almost seem like a tribute to old school swedish death metal, I could be wrong though.
----
- George Carlin
30.04.2008 - 18:16
CyberWasted
Account deleted
The latest EP, Unblessing the Purity: simply astounding old school death metal. This shit takes me back! Seriously awsome release with impecable production, easily one of my favourite releases of 2008. Blast beat time changes, diverse hynotic guitar work, supremo guttoral vocal king Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth fame, sounds like early Nick Holmes even more (i.e Paradise lost : Shades of god & Gothic..But better!!). Can't wait for the full length!!
01.05.2008 - 01:40
addiction
there is only one thing i could say on this subject...."Cry My Name"!!!
----
alive in the superunknown
22.07.2008 - 02:06
Damnated
Churchburner
saw the dvd today, and damn it was one of the best things i saw this year. they played amazing with their clothes soaking in blood. they were all painted up too, as if they've really been to a bloodbath. the sound and video was top notch, a nice bonus was the dark redish effect of the picture.

lmaod when Mikael shouts to the crowd : "[scream] higher! HIGHER!! Dani Filth!!!"
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.07.2008 - 22:42
ylside
Staff
Written by Damnated on 22.07.2008 at 02:06

saw the dvd today, and damn it was one of the best things i saw this year. they played amazing with their clothes soaking in blood. they were all painted up too, as if they've really been to a bloodbath. the sound and video was top notch, a nice bonus was the dark redish effect of the picture.

lmaod when Mikael shouts to the crowd : "[scream] higher! HIGHER!! Dani Filth!!!"

Yes, Excellent performance.. although I really hated when Mikael said that Bloodbath has become a death metal elite, that was just..wrong !
Glad to see an over vitamined Swanö jumping everywhere though.
23.07.2008 - 02:23
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by ylside on 22.07.2008 at 22:42

I really hated when Mikael said that Bloodbath has become a death metal elite

hm, i guess i missed that; but Akerfeldt has a talent in talking gibberish between songs. it's part of the show, deserves no attention whatsoever imo.
----

23.07.2008 - 13:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Damnated on 23.07.2008 at 02:23

hm, i guess i missed that; but Akerfeldt has a talent in talking gibberish between songs. it's part of the show, deserves no attention whatsoever imo.

Agree... It was kinda funny to see reviews from MA that says "the DVD sucked because Mikeal is stupid with the jokes"
C'mon.. grow up people!!

I like the thing that he doesn't stand just there and sings... He talk to people and is good to see him that way.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.07.2008 - 18:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.07.2008 at 13:24

Written by Damnated on 23.07.2008 at 02:23

Agree... It was kinda funny to see reviews from MA that says "the DVD sucked because Mikeal is stupid with the jokes"
C'mon.. grow up people!!

I like the thing that he doesn't stand just there and sings... He talk to people and is good to see him that way.

Yeah, that and if when I buy a DVD, like this one for example, I wanna see Akerfeldt acting like Akerfelct does at any other show, and after seeing him with Opeth live twice, yeah hes always crackin stupid jokes.
----
- George Carlin
24.08.2008 - 21:56
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i remeber when i first heard eaten i was like holy shit is this the same dude from opeth?? and my friend was like yea
its shocked me to know it was him.
i love this band
24.08.2008 - 23:09
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by [user id=34145] on 24.08.2008 at 21:56

i remeber when i first heard eaten i was like holy shit is this the same dude from opeth?? and my friend was like yea
its shocked me to know it was him.
i love this band

Unfortunately your friend was wrong, because the vocalist on Eaten is st. Peter Tagtgren from Hypocrisy..

I like the Bloodbath with Peter Tagtgren... Although Mikael Akerfeldt is talented and has a great voice, but not as powerful as Tagtgren..