Metal Storm logo
Iced Earth vs Blind Guardian

Original post

Posted by Sulac, 03.07.2010 - 02:56
Blind Guardian and Iced Earth are my two favorite power metal bands, and I can never decide which of the two is better. So what do you metalstormers think?

Poll

Which band do you think is better, Iced Earth or Blind Guardian?

Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Too different to compare
Both suck

Total votes: 199
29.12.2010 - 09:23
Surion
It's so hard to decide over this two extremely great bands, specially after hearing the las BG album (a masterpiece indeed), but I have to go with Iced Earth because every time i listen to old IE records (Barlow era) just makes me wanna break stuff and energizes me like hell xD.

P.S. Love the bards and the stormriders...I hate you for doing this post lol, should add the option "love both" and "Demons & Wizards" xD.
----
Ereßµ§ ø? ßløøð
06.01.2011 - 16:55
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I like both bands a lot, but prefer the sound of Blind Guardian.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.02.2011 - 19:07
atkmetal123
Blind Guardian ftw \m/
23.02.2011 - 02:29
RavenKing
Since I can still listen to early Blind Guardian (first 4 albums) when I'm in the right mood and never listen to Iced Earth nowadays, I have to go with Blind Guardian. But I'm not a really a fan of either of them.
I would add that currently Blind Guardian is much better than Iced Earth. And that I can find even early BG boring when I'm not in the right mood, so I can have to switch back to Thrash and Black Metal when I begin to feel some boredom.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.02.2011 - 12:19
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 23.02.2011 at 02:29

Since I can still listen to early Blind Guardian (first 4 albums) when I'm in the right mood and never listen to Iced Earth nowadays, I have to go with Blind Guardian. But I'm not a really a fan of either of them.
I would add that currently Blind Guardian is much better than Iced Earth. And that I can find even early BG boring when I'm not in the right mood, so I can have to switch back to Thrash and Black Metal when I begin to feel some boredom.

That's weird, I switch back to power and prog when I get bored with thrash and death.
23.02.2011 - 13:34
RavenKing
Written by Author on 23.02.2011 at 12:19

That's weird, I switch back to power and prog when I get bored with thrash and death.

To each his own. Unlike you, I'm not a Flowermetal fan.
----
23.02.2011 - 13:42
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 23.02.2011 at 13:34

So you're just into trash and def metal then. OK.
23.02.2011 - 14:06
RavenKing
Written by Author on 23.02.2011 at 13:42

Written by RavenKing on 23.02.2011 at 13:34

So you're just into trash and def metal then. OK.

Thrash and Black Metal. By the way, by calling it 'def metal', you just prove my point that Powermetal fans are at least as elitist as Black Metal fans and probably more because they have this habit to falsely think they're better than others and to dismiss other metal genres.
They think every crap is awesome as long as it sounds remotely like Powermetal, while they dismiss nearly everything else as crap.

But again, I forgive your ignorance. Not everyone has the ability to catch the greatness of some Black Metal bands or good enough ears to hear beyond a raw sound.
----
23.02.2011 - 14:15
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 23.02.2011 at 14:06

Thrash and Black Metal. By the way, by calling it 'def metal', you just prove my point that Powermetal fans are at least as elitist as Black Metal fans and probably more because they have this habit to falsely think they're better than others and to dismiss other metal genres.

So silly nicknames are only ok so long as genres that you like are left out of the game? Fking hypocrite.
23.02.2011 - 14:19
RavenKing
Written by Author on 23.02.2011 at 14:15

So silly nicknames are only ok so long as genres that you like are left out of the game? Fking hypocrite.

Flowermetal fits the description of the music, that's the difference. Anyway, I have enough of your silly replies and stupidity. Believe what you want.
You don't worth my time, so fuck off.
----
23.02.2011 - 14:44
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 23.02.2011 at 14:19

Flowermetal fits the description of the music, that's the difference.

So you think that power metal has many layers and colors and is always evolving to become even greater? I've been wrong about you, you're a really nice guy! Please forgive the rudeness in my previous posts, my dear sweet friend, for you have made me love and appreciate power metal even more!
02.04.2011 - 06:00
blacktooth85
Iced Earth
02.04.2011 - 06:07
Yasmine

Flowermetal fits the description of the music, that's the difference. Anyway, I have enough of your silly replies and stupidity. Believe what you want.

You're all about that image in your music!

I love PM but Hansi's voice, ugh, really people? Really? That strain he does is awful on his high notes.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
02.04.2011 - 15:04
RavenKing
Written by Yasmine on 02.04.2011 at 06:07

Don't resurrect a dead discussion that was very boring, anyway.
Image, I don't care. I just happen to dislike soft Metal and think Powermetal went down the drain long ago.
It's just a matter of knowing what kind of music suits me or not. I already listened to Metal when you were in the cradle, so I know my tastes very well.

By the way, I don't want to be wicked but I think I have no lesson to learn from you, when it comes to 'be all about image'. You're the one posting a lot of superficial comments on a few pointless superficial threads and mentioning pointless details about what you did with your boyfriend yesterday. Not me.
As if we need to know and care, anyway.
----
02.04.2011 - 16:07
Yasmine
Written by RavenKing on 02.04.2011 at 15:04

Written by Yasmine on 02.04.2011 at 06:07

Don't resurrect a dead discussion that was very boring, anyway.
Image, I don't care. I just happen to dislike soft Metal and think Powermetal went down the drain long ago.
It's just a matter of knowing what kind of music suits me or not. I already listened to Metal when you were in the cradle, so I know my tastes very well.

By the way, I don't want to be wicked but I think I have no lesson to learn from you, when it comes to 'be all about image'. You're the one posting a lot of superficial comments on a few pointless superficial threads and mentioning pointless details about what you did with your boyfriend yesterday. Not me.
As if we need to know and care, anyway.

The last part of you comment is one big "WAH" I don't care what you care about, you like what you like based on image, you're worried about being seen as soft. I can't help you're twice my age with no social life. Your age is hidden, so don't reference it ,it's another image thing so you can show you're more "trve" than me. Your avatar sums you up, a colour blind clown. Lawl.

And before you tell me you just don't see the need or care to post about your social life, I'll say this. At least it's better than you having to imagine one to post about. I'm not going to help you revision your youth with a pissing contest, I'll ignore you if you can't accept the fact, or I'll just do it anyway because if you're twice my age with something to prove you're not worth talking to. I mean your in put in EVERY topic is to come in after a debate or argument and go " uh well that was d-d-d-d-dumb.".
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
02.04.2011 - 17:32
RavenKing
Written by Yasmine on 02.04.2011 at 16:07

The last part of you comment is one big "WAH" I don't care what you care about, you like what you like based on image, you're worried about being seen as soft. I can't help you're twice my age with no social life. Your age is hidden, so don't reference it ,it's another image thing so you can show you're more "trve" than me. Your avatar sums you up, a colour blind clown. Lawl.

And before you tell me you just don't see the need or care to post about your social life, I'll say this. At least it's better than you having to imagine one to post about. I'm not going to help you revision your youth with a pissing contest, I'll ignore you if you can't accept the fact, or I'll just do it anyway because if you're twice my age with something to prove you're not worth talking to. I mean your in put in EVERY topic is to come in after a debate or argument and go " uh well that was d-d-d-d-dumb.".

I see.
Better ignore you. You don't worth the trouble.
Your way to always assume way too much is so immature.

Me, 'worried about being seen as soft' ? I mentioned many times that I prefer listening to pop music than soft Metal. You know nothing about me, yet you assume things, as always.

About me coming after debates and say it was dumb, I only tried to clean the mess that you created a few times recently by your stupid comments, false assumptions and stubbornness. Were you intelligent enough, you would understand it, dumb bitch.
I have the social life I wish to have. And I surely don't need people like you to take part of it.
Anyway, seeing as how you act so much like an attention seeker since you're here, I have my doubts about your social life.
Goodbye.
----
02.04.2011 - 17:34
Yasmine
Written by RavenKing on 02.04.2011 at 17:32

Written by Yasmine on 02.04.2011 at 16:07

I see.
Better ignore you. You don't worth the trouble.
Your way to always assume way too much is so immature.

Me, 'worried about being seen as soft' ? I mentioned many times that I prefer listening to pop music than soft Metal. You know nothing about me, yet you assume things, as always.

About me coming after debates and say it was dumb, I only tried to clean the mess that you created a few times recently by your stupid comments, false assumptions and stubbornness. Were you intelligent enough, you would undertsand it, dumb bitch.
I have the social life I wish to have. And I surely don't need people like you to take part of it.
Anyway, seeing as how you act so much like an attention seeker since you're here, I have my doubts about your social life.
Goodbye.

You're simply repeating about me what I said about you, LAWL. You anything I seek attention because I get it, I'd tell you there's no correlation, but you don't know what that is. lol, you keep trying to change what you were doing after the fact, you just wanted to put your 2 cents in, calling a situation stupid does not clean it up, fag.
----
11.05.2011 - 18:43
avigruss
Blind Guardian, but I like also Iced Earth
25.05.2011 - 02:52
Sulac
After having seen both bands in concert last year, I still stand with Iced Earth as the better of the two, to me. I will admit Blind Guardian is the more consistently good band, however. IE has two poor and one mediocre album.
25.05.2011 - 03:49
Metal_4Ever
Both suck for me
But for who is better I choose Blind Guardian
25.05.2011 - 04:23
king_matt
Written by blacktooth85 on 02.04.2011 at 06:00

Iced Earth

Yessir.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
25.05.2011 - 11:00
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I used to consider both these bands to be my favourites ages ago. They are both completely different, and are only compared because they are two of the leading bands of their genre (well... i say genre... IE are closer to US power metal (not on later albums though).

I would say i like Iced Earth better. Blind Guardian were great for the most part, but are REALLY repetitive, and the guitar work can sometimes get quite boring and recycled (i'm not saying the sound is bad or anything, just the use of it). Still a great bands though... only really let down for me was A Twist in the Myth. Iced Earth have not been perfect either. The latest material (last two albums) were so bland, i lost a bit of interest. I really wish they kept Owens. I thought he fit in nicely (I'm a TGB fan ). All IE's vocalists have been great though. I still think Stormrider is their best album.
29.06.2011 - 15:49
Aristarchos
Never liked Iced Earth, but love BG.
29.06.2011 - 15:50
Aristarchos
I don't like the thrash element in Iced Earth.
06.07.2011 - 15:26
ferm
Just can't get into Iced Earth... There are no pics popping up in my head to that music. With Blind Guardian, it's different. It's MAGIC!!!
09.07.2011 - 13:21
Bulletdodger
Iced Earth > Blind Guardian
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
10.07.2011 - 01:18
Vacant Throne
I really only like the Ripper albums with Iced Earth, not a fan of Barlow's singing = must go with BG. Plus I have seen them live and it's a fucking magic show!
07.09.2012 - 01:05
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Hansi Kürsch's vocals alone make Blind Guardian my favorite of the two here.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).