Metal Storm logo
Favorite One-Man Band

Original post

Posted by Puff, 20.08.2006 - 06:31
As The title says it, this is a forum to discuss about your favorite one-man bands. and also a place where you might learn about new bands.

What is a one-man band might you ask?
well... its a band who consist of only 1 member. I think bands like that are great since you can clearly hear one's tought expressed through music without any contradictions. surely there are lots of 1 man bands that are very suckish but still I think one man bands are more suitable for Black Metal.

My Favorite band at the moment is Ad Hominem. With its war like riffs and and black atmosphere.
I am also alot into Kristallnacht and Satanic Warmaster aswell.

EDIT: I didn't really know where to put this thread so I decided to put it here even if most one man band are BM I am speaking of one man bands in general.
16.01.2007 - 22:27
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
everyone already has Said Burzum a million times....even though i really enjoy Varg's Music alot...i think i'll be different and Say Leviathan...Wrest Can Make some Amazing Music Especially on the "Howl Mockery at the Cross" demos..
18.01.2007 - 15:33
epip
Account deleted
It will have to be Leviathan or Satanic Warmaster for me. Satanic Warmaster's Carelian Satanic Madness album was just pure dope for me.
18.01.2007 - 15:38
Black_Handed
A village idiot
kadenzza definitely, there are other great one man bands (Swano is awesome for example), but ohsima's work is jawdropping
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
18.01.2007 - 23:37
Milan
Account deleted
Bathory is my favourite one man band. Well he wasn't alone an all of the albums, but again he wrote all the lyrics and the songs so it can be still said that it's one man band
Graveland is good too
23.01.2007 - 23:47
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Quite forgot about Abyssic Hate although its still not my favourite though..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
25.01.2007 - 14:35
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I quite like Leviathan a lot as well these days but I doubt that they would match up with Burzum, Bathory and a few others though..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
25.01.2007 - 18:11
chuckie
Account deleted
I like bathory.....burzum (durr), satanic warmaster, graveland, Xasthur (if im in the mood for it)
25.01.2007 - 19:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There's this one man band from my town...he goes by the name of The Nads...he gets on stage and plays a casio keyboard and a small little kids guitar...it's a novelty act really, but it's as funny as hell...

Here's a link to some of his weirdness: http://www.myspace.com/nadspunk
25.01.2007 - 19:28
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 25.01.2007 at 19:06

There's this one man band from my town...he goes by the name of The Nads...he gets on stage and plays a casio keyboard and a small little kids guitar...it's a novelty act really, but it's as funny as hell...

Here's a link to some of his weirdness: http://www.myspace.com/nadspunk

HAHA, this is funny as Hell indeed, I like the most Emo Boy, Emo Girl, haha, thanx man for 30 minutes of histeric laugh!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
25.01.2007 - 19:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
No problem Aronax...you should see the guy live...man, is he strangely entertaining...
25.01.2007 - 23:28
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Few people seem to be mentioning Graveland. However not all his albums are one man stuff. Quite a few had Capricornus on drums so I don't think they can be really called a one man band although they kind of are nowadays..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
26.01.2007 - 00:52
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
My favorite is Xasthur. I just LOVE Malefic´s music. I never grow tired of it. The vocals suit me perfectly as well as the eerie keyboard use. Burzum and Leviathan would come second.
29.01.2007 - 22:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Kap'N Korrupt
I would like to ee this genious live, it would be good way to spend an evening
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.01.2007 - 20:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Try this

http://www.titanmountain.glt.pl/ with several MP3's...

I like them its lke BM Apocoliptica, man so great and amazing band its more shymhpnic music how BM realy good and polish titles and 10+ songs awsome and quality itslike reartape so good band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.01.2007 - 20:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Burzum, Lurker Of Chalice, Lust, Bathory.. I am not really aware of the musicians most of the time, they don't really have my interest. I prefer knowing details about the music.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.02.2007 - 11:50
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
For me it's a toss up between Nortt and Ildjarn. However I'm choosing Ildjarn simply because I have yet to hear music that tops this in abrasiveness. Vidar makes absolutely feral music and even though it's some of the most stripped down, simplistic Black Metal you'll hear, it more than makes up for it in atmosphere. But if I could mention more it would be Striborg, Rehtaf Ruo and Lust.
20.02.2007 - 14:09
doomknight
Account deleted
for me Graveland is one of the best bands on the world. Rob Darken is a living legend of the black metal.
21.02.2007 - 15:42
IhsahnFan
Account deleted
Striborg, Graveland and Burzum
21.02.2007 - 18:47
MetalSpider
Falkenbach is my favourite...then again I havent heard many one man bands.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
21.02.2007 - 20:01
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by MetalSpider on 21.02.2007 at 18:47

Falkenbach is my favourite...then again I havent heard many one man bands.

What a coincidence! I was going to write it but you did it first, yes, Falkenbach is great, one of my favorite bands. Some time ago I listened to Bathory and seems to be great
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
21.02.2007 - 21:40
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Of course Isengard - Fenriz did an amazing job by creating music that has so great atmosphere and sort of Medieval feeling/sound.
22.02.2007 - 00:27
Ultraraw
Account deleted
Burzum is my favorite one-man band
18.05.2007 - 22:55
Jiri
Burzum is my favorite, closely followed by Bathory, and I also like Xasthur.
19.05.2007 - 01:25
Milutin
Account deleted
Bathory is definetly my favorite. Even thoe at the begining of the career Quorthon had other members in the band he wrote all the lyrics and all the music. He is truly a genius. I quite like Burzum too.
19.05.2007 - 01:53
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Ihashn & Peccatum. Emperors frontman ihashn has his own solo project. Which i am a huge fan of. The Adversary showed the versatility of the musical genius. In Peccatum Ihashn and Ihreil were a combination, but most of the music and all of the instraments were writen and performed by ihashn.
21.05.2007 - 21:35
Hamird
Lieutenant
PAIN is my favourite band ... Peter Tagtgren who is one the best death metal leaders ... and he shows that he is not just great in death metal ... he is also a good industrial man ...
he performes KEYBOARD, DRUMS, GUITAR, BASS, DJ and ect in pain...
22.05.2007 - 18:21
Jiri
Graveland is a very big one man band. I am just starting to get into him. Why is he not featured on metalstorm?
22.05.2007 - 21:56
baldur
Written by Jiri on 22.05.2007 at 18:21

Graveland is a very big one man band. I am just starting to get into him. Why is he not featured on metalstorm?

because he is a fucking nazi^^
23.05.2007 - 04:22
Jiri
I figured that was the case, thanks for confirming that.
16.06.2007 - 21:35
Goat
Account deleted
I think the words "Besides Burzum and Bathory" should be place in parenthises in the title of this thread.

Under those restrictions, I would have to say Mutiilation.