Metal Storm logo
Metal heads and fat chics (no offense girls)

Original post

Posted by flickaa, 04.08.2010 - 10:08
I have been in the metal scene for a few years and I've noticed that most metal heads like to date fat girls.. I am really wondering why this is happening.. Does anybody know????

NO OFFENSE to girls that have a few exta pounds... in fact you people are lucky!!!!

=)

Please give me your opinions.
28.07.2014 - 07:16
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.07.2014 at 06:17

I do have an issue with fetishizing obesity. To me it just seems unhealthy.

Well like I said to deadone, the "if she aint 280, she aint a lady thing" is more just a tongue in cheek way of saying I like big women. But by "big" I mean thick, I certainly don't glorify obesity or anything, and I think the whole "fat tolerance" movement in general is pretty silly. See, I draw the line between "thick women" and "fat women," and I think there is a legitimate difference.

Thick vs fat.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
28.07.2014 - 08:06
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by deadone on 28.07.2014 at 07:59

Your definition of "thick" looks close to obese in my book.

She's not obese lol, just has big tits, a big ass, and well pronounced curves, that's what "thick" is
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
28.07.2014 - 08:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by deadone on 28.07.2014 at 07:59
Your definition of "thick" looks close to obese in my book. Not my cup of tea but hey whatever floats your boat.

Agreed. I'm not sure if it makes me shallow or an asshole for saying it, but to me a person that size is fat. By the looks of it her one leg is about the same width as my torso.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.07.2014 - 13:18
Ilham
Giant robot
Wow. That first girl is not just thick, not just fat, she is class II obese. An appearance like that indicates at least a 50% body fat, if not 55%/60%. And that is far beyond the line of obesity. The photoshop on her shouldn't fool anyone. There is NO WAY, it is physically impossible, to be that big and have a smooth skin and no rolls. She has a gynoid kind of obesity, which puts the weight in the lower part of the body. Whereas the other has android obesity, which looks a lot less "natural" as it puts the weight in the upper part of the body (like a man). But they might very well be exactly the same weight.
People often forget that obesity starts at a BMI of 30. Because we're used to seeing it. In my case for example a 30 BMI is 185 pounds, which I was very close to at some point, and I looked far "thinner" than that. It is only when I went under 149 pounds that I could be considered not overweight anymore. People mistake class I obese individuals for overweight now. It's sad and so dangerous. People should seriously stop being afraid of talking about it.
28.07.2014 - 18:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ilham on 28.07.2014 at 13:18
Wow. That first girl is not just thick, not just fat, she is class II obese.

Okay I don't feel nearly as bad now for thinking the way I do.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.07.2014 - 18:56
Ganondox
That first girl is definitely fat, she just has a hourglass figure while the second doesn't. That's the only difference. Honestly I'd rather date the second girl, both have better faces than bodies, but the second one looks like she has a better personality from the way she's posing and her expression.
28.07.2014 - 19:15
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I feel the weight of her calf would crush my buck 30 frame

Both of those girls are obese and I absolutely hate the whole fat tolerance movement. It's unhealthy, and I get that some people have hormones and hereditary issues and blah blah blah but if you're eating pizza every waking moment and get offended by someone calling you fat you need to give your head a shake. If you want to eat pizza 24/7 that's fine, but if some calls you at because you've gained 50 pounds that's on no one but you. I'm the exact opposite, I can't gain weight, and people call me skinny. Do I care? Not one fuckin but. I eat right, excessive and live healthy. Not my problem

Dis is Perf tho, imo. Although I don't have an issue with naturally skinny girls either because I obviously understand their situation.

I'm pretty opened minded about weight as long as the person knows how to deal with it. for example, larger women should not wear leggings, they are not flattering. Sure you can wear whatever you want and obviously it's just my opinion, but seriously...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.07.2014 - 19:26
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.07.2014 at 18:49

Okay I don't feel nearly as bad now for thinking the way I do.

Oh yeah. I don't see it as an insult. It's a... diagnosis. People should stop sugarcoating, or I should rather say "fatcoating" the truth about their health problems. I am not talking about bringing them down for it, it just needs to be said without having to feel guilty about it.
28.07.2014 - 19:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Mmm, Kelly Brook. Like Natalie Portman with a few curves.

But yeah, I concur that the "thick" woman to me is absolutely humongous. Maybe that's what thick means though, I dunno. Thick to me had always meant stupid. Either way she is obese without a doubt, and not at all attractive to me personally.

I'm generally open to a variety of different body sizes and shapes, from curvy to slim. How attractive a person is is usually more down to proportion really. Can't say I've ever really dated someone anywhere close to big, they've all been pretty slim. And almost all non-metal for some reason.
28.07.2014 - 19:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 28.07.2014 at 19:37

Thick to me had always meant stupid.

to me too. When I saw Che use thick I wanted to quote him and ask "so you like stupid women?"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.07.2014 - 19:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.07.2014 at 19:44

to me too. When I saw Che use thick I wanted to quote him and ask "so you like stupid women?"

Haha, well at lot of guys probably fancy dumb girls
28.07.2014 - 20:01
Mattybu
Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.07.2014 at 19:15

Both of those girls are obese and I absolutely hate the whole fat tolerance movement. It's unhealthy, and I get that some people have hormones and hereditary issues and blah blah blah but if you're eating pizza every waking moment and get offended by someone calling you fat you need to give your head a shake.

Dude that isn't even the thing. it's those people who go on tumblr and shit and post "IF YOU DON'T THINK I'M BEAUTIFUL YOU'RE FAT SHAMING ME" and they're some disgusting 450 pound mass of humanity that are the worst.
28.07.2014 - 20:11
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Mattybu on 28.07.2014 at 20:01

Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.07.2014 at 19:15

Both of those girls are obese and I absolutely hate the whole fat tolerance movement. It's unhealthy, and I get that some people have hormones and hereditary issues and blah blah blah but if you're eating pizza every waking moment and get offended by someone calling you fat you need to give your head a shake.

Dude that isn't even the thing. it's those people who go on tumblr and shit and post "IF YOU DON'T THINK I'M BEAUTIFUL YOU'RE FAT SHAMING ME" and they're some disgusting 450 pound mass of humanity that are the worst.

Hammer meet nail.

Fuck it's actually ridiculous how our world is having it's genitals cut off. I'm all for tolerance of sexuality and all of the other ACTUALLY important issues, but let's get real.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.07.2014 - 20:16
Mattybu
Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.07.2014 at 20:11

Fuck it's actually ridiculous how our world is having it's genitals cut off. I'm all for tolerance of sexuality and all of the other ACTUALLY important issues, but let's get real.

Totally agree. There are some actual issues in need of being addressed but then there's people who want a Dr. Seuss book banned from a public library cause they are offended by it ( http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/04/toronto-library-asked-to-ban-violent-dr-seuss-book-hop-on-pop.html ). Thangs gettin twisted up in here.
28.07.2014 - 20:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Alright guys before we stray too far from the topic at hand I should remind you to at least limit the discussion to obesity if we're going to get into social problems.
----
28.07.2014 - 20:22
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 28.07.2014 at 19:37

Mmm, Kelly Brook. Like Natalie Portman with a few curves.

But yeah, I concur that the "thick" woman to me is absolutely humongous. Maybe that's what thick means though, I dunno. Thick to me had always meant stupid. Either way she is obese without a doubt, and not at all attractive to me personally.

I'm generally open to a variety of different body sizes and shapes, from curvy to slim. How attractive a person is is usually more down to proportion really. Can't say I've ever really dated someone anywhere close to big, they've all been pretty slim. And almost all non-metal for some reason.

Kelly Brook is a goddess

And agreed with your last point as well, I've never dated a girl who liked metal and none of them (surprisingly) weighed more than me.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.07.2014 - 22:19
theFIST
Written by Auntie Sahar on 28.07.2014 at 07:16

Thick

i consider her very attractive as well
would prefer none of that facepaint though
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
28.07.2014 - 22:23
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by theFIST on 28.07.2014 at 22:19

Written by Auntie Sahar on 28.07.2014 at 07:16

Thick

i consider her very attractive as well
would prefer none of that facepaint though

Too bad for you it doesn't exist. I can see the liquify tool marks on where he shrunk her stomach and the patch tool marks used for her skin. I would hate to have that job.
29.07.2014 - 02:34
Ilham
Giant robot
Fat shaming exists. It's called bullying. But if I remember well that's what you did when you were a kid .

There is a difference between wanting respect and disregarding medical advice, all common sense and glorifying obesity though.
29.07.2014 - 02:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I find it funny how when a person smokes a lot, which is unhealthy for him/her, then everybody can come and say "You're smoking too much, you should stop smoking. It's bad for you" and it is everything okay.
However when a person eats a lot and gets fat, which is also unhealthy for him/her, try saying "you're too fat, you should stop eating a bit. it's bad for you" You suddenly will be a mean and heartless bully.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.07.2014 - 02:43
Ilham
Giant robot
I would actually say that both things are not for you to say as it's none of your business. That is not what I referred to as bullying.
29.07.2014 - 02:53
Ilham
Giant robot
You sound like my mother, her sister, and their mother.
29.07.2014 - 02:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Shit now I'm quite nervous about my weight. I got up during this summer and my BMI is currently somewhere between 26-27. Hmmmm... moving out of the house might help me as I won't have money for junk food hahahaha but yeah... I guess I need to move a bit more. At least I started taking walks every day. Hopefully my willpower to do more will increase now.

But... yeah, that thick girl was fat. No doubt about it. Also, the whole fat tolerance thing is a thing and even worse... I've personally seen that shit in hospitals and that's when it gets scary. When the personal doesn't have the balls to explain to the patients why shit happens.

For example, as future radiographer I know for a fact that I'll get my big share of broken bones caused by falling... We're talking about falls that wouldn't cause anything serious to anyone who was healthy. They just look so surprised when you explain to them "You broke your leg because you are fat... Because gravity is a thing". D:
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.07.2014 - 03:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Of course bullies were always the biggest losers of them all, regardless of how much they apparently plan it and how premeditated it is (in fact more so when someone puts as much thought into it as that).

But yeah, not sure I'd quite equate smoking to being fat seeing as being in proximity to a fattie doesn't cause health issues unlike doing the same with smoker.

Unless said person eats all your food that is
29.07.2014 - 03:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 29.07.2014 at 03:04

Or eats you...
----
Rod, let me love you.
29.07.2014 - 03:07
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 29.07.2014 at 02:57

Shit now I'm quite nervous about my weight. I got up during this summer and my BMI is currently somewhere between 26-27. Hmmmm... moving out of the house might help me as I won't have money for junk food hahahaha but yeah... I guess I need to move a bit more. At least I started taking walks every day. Hopefully my willpower to do more will increase now.

But... yeah, that thick girl was fat. No doubt about it. Also, the whole fat tolerance thing is a thing and even worse... I've personally seen that shit in hospitals and that's when it gets scary. When the personal doesn't have the balls to explain to the patients why shit happens.

For example, as future radiographer I know for a fact that I'll get my big share of broken bones caused by falling... We're talking about falls that wouldn't cause anything serious to anyone who was healthy. They just look so surprised when you explain to them "You broke your leg because you are fat... Because gravity is a thing". D:

I think you miscalculated your BMI. Really. You don't use the same formula for men if I remember well.

Well when you're a professional it's your duty to tell them. It's just that you have to choose the words wisely, you never know how they're going to react. Hospitals attract the weirdest people.
29.07.2014 - 03:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 29.07.2014 at 03:05

Or eats you...

I would totally eat some human if it was cooked.
29.07.2014 - 03:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Are you saying that fat torelance is necessary simply to get more patients? I really hope I missunderstood your point. Because I'm not talking about equipment... I'm talking about professionals being so scared for some reason to not tell their patients that their lives are in danger.
----
Rod, let me love you.
29.07.2014 - 03:13
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 29.07.2014 at 03:04

But yeah, not sure I'd quite equate smoking to being fat seeing as being in proximity to a fattie doesn't cause health issues unlike doing the same with smoker.

Haha, I was just saying that I am not a fan of telling people what they should do with their consumption of food, alcohol, tobacco, or anything really. Unless it's in a very specific context. I didn't take it the wrong way when I started drinking a bit too much and had to endure an intervention - yeah sitcom cliché - for example.
29.07.2014 - 03:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Wow, if there's anything that could drive me to drinking it would be having to live down an intervention. Oh the irony.