Metal Storm logo
Metal Storm Awards 2010 - Voting Open!!!

Dear Metalstormers,

The 2010 Metalstorm Awards are here!

Throughout the year, a dedicated team at the Metal Storm HQ donates countless hours making the definitive list of all the worthwhile albums in every possible metal subgenre released throughout the year. In January, amidst heated arguments, we prune this list to an exclusive grouping of what we believe to be truly the best and most influential albums released. Our team also spends insane amounts of time preparing descriptions and making sure each and every nominee's music is easy to access and listen to.

This year, we're introducing the new Clandestine Cut Of The Year category. We're very excited to be promoting some of these fresh and hungry artists based on their excellent demos and EPs. Please take some time to check out this section.

Please don't ignore all this effort - check out all nominees before voting. Please vote for the best, not for the most well-known! You can cast your votes HERE. Voting will be open all month; winners will be announced March 1st.

Finally, don't forget to tell all of your friends to register at Metal Storm and help make these awards the most luxurious and definitive metal awards out there! Please feel free to post links to the awards on your blogs, twitter pages and social networks.

And most importantly - don't forget to have fun! 2010 was a year rich in awesome releases, here is your chance to discover some of them!

The Metal Storm Awards 2010 Team

Source: metalstorm.net
Posted: 01.02.2011 by jupitreas

Comments page 2 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 98   [ 5 ignored ]   Visited by: 1033 users
01.02.2011 - 11:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 11:11

Thrash metal set is very impressive, but black metal?
It's so obvious, that this list was made only for Dimmu Borgir haters and it should be deleted because it's not objective.
I won't be surprised, if new and very solid DB effort will win by 'write-in' votes and it will be punish fist for some listeners

All ten there are VASTLY superior to the mdicore new Dimmu Borgir album. But it's always fun to come across the first hurt fanboy
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2011 - 11:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 01.02.2011 at 11:32

Not much moaning about nominations yet. Still, its early in the day so give it time.

It will come it will come. don't you worry
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2011 - 11:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 01.02.2011 at 11:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.02.2011 at 11:38

Written by Irritable Ted on 01.02.2011 at 11:32

Not much moaning about nominations yet. Still, its early in the day so give it time.

It will come it will come. don't you worry

Masterplan in the heavy metal category, what were you thinking?

What were we thinking nominating it at all
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2011 - 11:42
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.02.2011 at 11:29

It's so obvious, that this list was made only for Dimmu Borgir haters and it should be deleted because it's not objective.
I won't be surprised, if new and very solid DB effort will win by 'write-in' votes and it will be punish fist for some listeners

All ten there are VASTLY superior to the mdicore new Dimmu Borgir album. But it's always fun to come across the first hurt fanboy

At least I am not closedmined mushroom as most of haters
01.02.2011 - 11:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 11:42

what does disliking an average album have to do with closed mindedness?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2011 - 11:52
JD
Account deleted
Aeon - Path Of Fire, deserve to be in the Death poll.
01.02.2011 - 11:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 11:52

then write it in if you think it's the best.

You think it should be in it. All of the staff/elites points added together suggested it didn't deserve a place in the nominations
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2011 - 11:59
JD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.02.2011 at 11:54

Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 11:52

then write it in if you think it's the best.

You think it should be in it. All of the staff/elites points added together suggested it didn't deserve a place in the nominations

I already did, hope pepole vote for it and wins
01.02.2011 - 12:09
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.02.2011 at 11:44

what does disliking an average album have to do with closed mindedness?

It just depends on the reaons of disliking
01.02.2011 - 14:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think it has something to with level of acceptance of other people opinions on music and its quality
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

01.02.2011 - 15:47
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
Done!!
01.02.2011 - 15:48
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.02.2011 at 10:45

Written by Deadmeat on 01.02.2011 at 10:21

After checking out the nominees (because i've not listened to SO MANY 2010 albums) one thing i can say for sure: 2010 was a shit-year for metal.. at least 2011 sounds promising with many new releases to come out...

I would say 2010 was a great year for metal. It was only shit if you went for big names. But delve into the true underground and it was stupnedously good (especially in death metal, which is not shown too much in the nominees but still some gems there)

i am a lot into death metal but i didnt discover many great new bands to be honest though i really like searching for young bands. maybe it's a matter of time...

on the other hand you are right that i was talking mainly about the big names! i forgot to mention that...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.02.2011 - 16:10
Ragana
Rawrcat

Whahaha!

I'm fine by nominations, I guess. I haven't listened to new (or any) metal albums for most of the year and some 40% of what I've listened to (or liked) has not made it to the list of whatever subgenre that might be, but I see MS Awards as finding out (relatively) new and good music so there's no way I should feel disappointed, I don't care much for the results.
01.02.2011 - 17:31
Kintu
Folk You!
Yeah! My first MS Awards!
Time to listen to new stuff
01.02.2011 - 18:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Are you serious? Do you know personally the staff to claim they are closedminded? Even their favorite bands don't show it.

And for your information... Dimmu Borgir now days is far from being Black Metal. And don't go with the easy "you're so closeminded" that is pathetic. Especially because objective peopel clould clearly say that the latest Dimmu Borgir is far from Black Metal.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.02.2011 - 18:44
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 05:51

I wish the fanboys dont dominate and vote with some sensibility!!!

There's a simple way to stop fanboys from dominating this site and every other site ever made, where people can vote on recreational stuff, but it would be difficult to achieve. Here's what needs to change: you CANNOT vote on anything, without writing a SUBSTANCIVE REVIEW. And no review will be accepted, if isn't well-written.

No more fanboy domination. Will never happen, but as Vezzy put it: I can dream, damn it!
01.02.2011 - 18:49
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 18:44
No more fanboy domination. Will never happen, but as Vezzy put it: I can dream, damn it!

Hell yeah.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.02.2011 - 19:23
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 18:44

Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 05:51

I wish the fanboys dont dominate and vote with some sensibility!!!

There's a simple way to stop fanboys from dominating this site and every other site ever made, where people can vote on recreational stuff, but it would be difficult to achieve. Here's what needs to change: you CANNOT vote on anything, without writing a SUBSTANCIVE REVIEW. And no review will be accepted, if isn't well-written.

mate this could be awful. are you sure you'd like do write 5 or 10 little reviews just to be able to vote? at least for me (one reason is that i dont speak great english) it is not THAT fair. something else to do is that: the members of the site GAIN some more important RIGHTS by time and not from the moment they are registring. such as: MS AWARDS VOTING (many bands come out to claim proudly that they participate or win here). or even generall voting. specially for MS voting it could depend on the "Community points" each member has and generally his contribution or "right behavior" in the site...

ideas, ideas, ideas...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.02.2011 - 19:42
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 01.02.2011 at 19:23

mate this could be awful. are you sure you'd like do write 5 or 10 little reviews just to be able to vote? at least for me (one reason is that i dont speak great english) it is not THAT fair.

Well, yes that would be unfair, which is why I said it would be difficult to achieve, because the idea of hiring translators for every language in the world is absurd and there would be tons of other difficulties as well. It cannot be done, it won't be done. But it would be oh so nice.

Quote:

something else to do is that: the members of the site GAIN some more important RIGHTS by time and not from the moment they are registring. such as: MS AWARDS VOTING (many bands come out to claim proudly that they participate or win here). or even generall voting. specially for MS voting it could depend on the "Community points" each member has and generally his contribution or "right behavior" in the site...

ideas, ideas, ideas...

The problem with this is that staff/elite members abuse the voting system too. Most of them don't, but some of them are just as whiny and bitchy about bands they think are overrated than your average fanboy.
01.02.2011 - 20:15
ß
Problem?
Looks I have plenty of listening to do this up-coming month.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
01.02.2011 - 20:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 19:42

The problem with this is that staff/elite members abuse the voting system too. Most of them don't, but some of them are just as whiny and bitchy about bands they think are overrated than your average fanboy.

we do? how so. cite examples.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.02.2011 - 20:41
Kamil
Account deleted
Conclusion: "hit the table with scissors and they call themselves"

At least I know one thing:
DB hater - positive
DB defender - negative

This is not fair
01.02.2011 - 20:51
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 01.02.2011 at 20:36

Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 19:42

we do? how so. cite examples.

Ever read the comments or seen the votes on albums by a certain Dutch prog multi-instrumentalist ? If no, check them out. This is all the hints you're getting though.
01.02.2011 - 20:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 20:51

Ever read the comments or seen the votes on albums by a certain Dutch prog multi-instrumentalist ? If no, check them out. This is all the hints you're getting though.

so you gave a guy 10-10-10 and some abuse their power by not scoring him such?

boo hoo.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.02.2011 - 21:01
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 01.02.2011 at 20:56

If giving an album a 1, just because it's not to your taste (knowing very well it doesn't deserve just 1) is not vote abuse, then what is? Isn't giving albums a 1 just to get their rating down vote abuse by definition? Also, "some people get a spontaneous hard-on" as an insult at people who like something you don't is rude at best and trolling at worst. That's not an abuse of power, it's an abuse of the comment section, it's being stupid, it is being a whiny, bitchy hater and it was written by a staff member. Which doesn't mean the staff sucks, it just means their human too, which was my only point to begin with.
01.02.2011 - 21:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 21:01

If giving an album a 1, just because it's not to your taste (knowing very well it doesn't deserve just 1) is not vote abuse, then what is? Isn't giving albums a 1 just to get their rating down vote abuse by definition? Also, "some people get a spontaneous hard-on" as an insult at people who like something you don't is rude at best and trolling at worst. That's not an abuse of power, it's an abuse of the comment section, it's being stupid, it is being a whiny, bitchy hater and it was written by a staff member. Which doesn't mean the staff sucks, it just means their human too, which was my only point to begin with.

meh. nearly a quarter of your 81 votes cast are perfect 10's... so i'm not entirely sure what makes you level-headed enough to disparage the tastes of others.

some people might despise that artist to the same extent you love him.

i think it's middle of the road plastic. skilled musician, boring work.

and this off-topic is done. this is about the MSAs. you can keep on bitching in another thread if you want. find somewhere appropriate.
----

01.02.2011 - 21:13
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
And your own comment is a perfect example of imperfection on the staff's behalf too. I never accused any staff member of "abusing their power". The only reason I can think of why you'd misinterpret what I said, is because you took my words personally, which you had no reason at all to do. Please, try to be nice and set an example to us regular users of MS
01.02.2011 - 21:18
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 01.02.2011 at 21:13

and this off-topic is done. this is about the MSAs. you can keep on bitching in another thread if you want. find somewhere appropriate.

Because when you ask for backing evidence for a claim and I provide it, it's called bitching. As I said, being a staff member doesn't make you immune to rage that is completely uncalled for.

Good day, sir.
01.02.2011 - 21:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
@Ernil, how does, me, saying that some people get a hard on at the mere mention of the name arjen, a.k.a. Iron Anthony, Lucassen constitute to vote abuse? Did you check my votes? And also how is it power abuse? do you actually think I have that much power that people will believe what I saywithout checking for themselves? I surely hope not. And thank God I know no-one takes what I say as some sort of gospel without first checking for themselves.
This is a music zine with forum where also ALL members of satff have their own preferences and dislikes and of course vent all of those, just like all other users.
This site didn't become as big as it is now by being as impartial as possible. It became what it due to all our individual tastes. Regular users know what staff memeber stands for what taste.Prog fans know what to expect of me asdo doom fans.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2011 - 23:04
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 21:01

in the begining it seemed that you had right but now you lost it. Doc Godin is the guy i think you are mentioning at. he has almost 500 votes and only 4 of the rating "1". it is logicall and not vote abusing -also he hasn't listened-voted to anything else of this band after this album. dont lose your sense mate....
----

Hits total: 9812 | This month: 18