Metal Storm logo
TV Series you liked as a kid but now find pretty different

08.09.2006 - 00:58
CianideDeath
Account deleted
Everyone has atleast one. As a kid, I loved the Flash. Recently I picked up the entire series on dvd and it just isn't the same. Sure I still got a little enjoyment from it now but not the same as when I was a kid. I would literally be glued to the television in ore of this but alas it doesn't have the same effect now.

On the other hand shows I watched as kid (Red Dwarf, Young Ones, Bottom) I loved but didn't really get. Rewatching these have been a treat as I can now fully interpret and comprehend what it is all about.
08.09.2006 - 18:28
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
We just discussed this theme with my friends this week. For me it was Mc Gyver. If I now try to watch an episode, I can´t but when I was a kid it was a must.
----
You'll never walk alone.
08.09.2006 - 19:31
Basso
Account deleted
How about Power Rangers? As a kid they where the total meaning of the word cool, now they are the definition of uncool.
08.09.2006 - 19:47
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Knight Rider David Hasselhoff and that talking car KITT

when I was kid that was huge tv series but now I think that
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
08.09.2006 - 19:55
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Knight Rider, definitely.

The A-Team is another one. So great as a kid, now it's just beyond belief.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.09.2006 - 20:39
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Heh, I still think that "A-Team" is cute.
08.09.2006 - 21:05
Kurzag
Account deleted
Power Rangers, I rembember how popular the series was when I was a kid. Looking back I can understand why. Ass kicking teenagers in fancy costumes. My favourite was the blue one btw
08.09.2006 - 21:38
Graveheart
I have some Power Rangers episodes on tape and they still kick ass like they used to, no matter how cheesy it all feels these days.

South Park was also a big one when I was 13, I mean it's still funny, but in a really different way. In those days it was just "hahaha he farted, ahahaha they killed Kenny", but now it's something more than that. Well, the tv show has also evolved a bit in time, though.
08.09.2006 - 22:07
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I remember watching Power Rangers too, although I´m a girl. My favourite was the pink one. (or the red I can´t even remember their colours anymore...) Anyway a guy who was in the same kindergarten as I had told me that the pink one is a girl and I totally bought into that till he revealed he had lied.
----
You'll never walk alone.
08.09.2006 - 23:14
Gothya
i remember a cartoon called "thundercats" i used to struggle with my mon just because i didnt want to miss out any chapter so i always was like i want to watch it and see what happens to 'lion-o', he was my favorite character, but now, i re-watched this cartoon, and it's not like exellent, i can find any emotion on it and it's not so interestin' as i thought it would be, i dont really know what i was thinking to watch that cartoon, i'm a little disappointed of that, but nevermind, cause this cartoon made me laugh and suffer too many times and that's what it counts
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
08.09.2006 - 23:42
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i never watched power rangers
but night rider sounds known, is that series with d haselhof and that shity car if it is damn how stupid this is now
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
09.09.2006 - 00:52
Deus Ex Machina
Omg...yeah.I totally understand what you people are saying.I loved The Flash,Thundercats-i was OBSESSED with Thundercats,Conan,He-man,Red Dwarf,A-Team,Knight Rider-omg knight rider is so lame and i used to watch it all the time.Yea Eddie it's the one with the stupid car

HAHAHAHHAAAA...WE ALL USED TO WATCH THE SAME CRAP..HAHAAAA

Seriously...we suck
09.09.2006 - 00:54
heresiarch
Forever Dead
When I was just 8 or 9 everybody's fav was Battlestar Galactica it was awesome
----

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

09.09.2006 - 09:58
CianideDeath
Account deleted
A team is still great, watched it the other day
11.09.2006 - 16:37
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Deus Ex Machina on 09.09.2006 at 00:52

.Yea Eddie it's the one with the stupid car

HAHAHAHHAAAA...WE ALL USED TO WATCH THE SAME CRAP..HAHAAAA

Seriously...we suck

we don't suck looks like that was only TV seires showed on all TV station around the fuckin globe in that time he hee
----
Erno Paasilinna
11.09.2006 - 22:31
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I can't really join in with this thread as no one would know the progs I watched when I was young (Yes , tv was invented then !).

But I recognise all of the ones you mention because my children watched them - special favourites were Thundercats , He-man and Power Rangers.
Does anyone remember MASK ?
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
11.09.2006 - 22:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
chucky!!!:D
also power rangers(cheesiness)
12.09.2006 - 00:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 08.09.2006 at 19:55

Knight Rider, definitely.

The A-Team is another one. So great as a kid, now it's just beyond belief.

Totally agree, those series were cool back when I was young.
Also
Fame,
The Man From Atlantis,
Starsky & Hutch
Charlie's Angels
The Hulk
Spiderman
Wonder Woman
The Professionals
Miami Vice

back watching them now they make me cringe...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.09.2006 - 04:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
trying to think of more... i didn't watch too much TV really, mostly PBS. my favorite show was Doctor Who (TOM BAKER!) and even know I still enjoy watching those old episodes, even if the special effects are horribly cheesy by today's standards.

oh, and one more. I loved the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon... you remember, the one that featured

Willie Ames (of Charles in Charge, Eight is Enough, Bibleman) as Hank the Ranger.

----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.09.2006 - 15:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 12.09.2006 at 04:17

trying to think of more... i didn't watch too much TV really, mostly PBS. my favorite show was Doctor Who (TOM BAKER!) and even know I still enjoy watching those old episodes, even if the special effects are horribly cheesy by today's standards.

oh, and one more. I loved the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon... you remember, the one that featured

Willie Ames (of Charles in Charge, Eight is Enough, Bibleman) as Hank the Ranger.

Oh my god, Eight is Enough, that brings back memories to the late Seventies and early Eighties.
Other series which I enjoyed back then but find crappy now...
Buck Rogers
Battlestar Galactica
and
Dukes of Hazzard (although Daisy Duke I still dig
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.09.2006 - 20:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Buck Rogers! Erin Gray was hot!

I'll take her - you can have Daisy!

Battlestar was another one - surprised I didn't think of that. I always liked Starbuck and Boomer. I've caught the new ones on the SciFi channel and approve of the female Starbuck - she drinks, smokes cigars, gambles - she emobodies the same charachter archetype. Not thrilled at what they did with Boomer, though.
----

13.09.2006 - 16:13
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
One series I also watched was Moomins. I don´t know if many here know this Finnish series about the round white creatures which look like hippos, but certainly aren´t ones. Anyway, I find it pretty different now, only in a positive way. Only now I can fully understand how marvellous that series is and how much it has helped me to learn the language during my first years. I still love that series.
----
You'll never walk alone.
13.09.2006 - 17:34
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Fraggle Rock, anyone remember that one? and definitely Thundercats. Does anyone remember the Batman Cartoons? I now realize that whoever made cartoons like those were on some serious drugs. I also liked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that dude was probably stoned and said "Check out my turtle!" and grab it's shell and said "HY-YA! Fucking ninja man, he's a mutant!".
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
13.09.2006 - 18:27
heresiarch
Forever Dead
When I was kid I used to like tv series SAPPHIRE and STEEL but now I think that it might be quite lame
but it was pretty good back then
----

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

13.09.2006 - 22:43
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Talking about people who have been stoned when doing those programmes...what about the one who made Doctor Snuggles. A somewhat crazy professor who travels above the clouds with his odd machines that talk. No one can come up with anything like that unless they´re on drugs. And then hundreds of kids, including me, watch that series.
----
You'll never walk alone.
14.09.2006 - 00:29
Vintervarg
Account deleted
I guess that would be Lois&Clark (the Superman series). Now I find them dumb, but yet interesting.
14.09.2006 - 00:41
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Moomins he hee
----
Erno Paasilinna
16.09.2006 - 15:39
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I remember watching Full House and The Fresh Prince of Bell Air I used to love sit-coms as a kid I still do actaully

And btw, Power Rangers, He-Man and Captain Planet stil rock!!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.09.2006 - 17:23
Basso
Account deleted
Written by AnGina-- on 16.09.2006 at 15:39

And btw, Power Rangers, He-Man and Captain Planet stil rock!!

I have to agree about He-Man he is the most manly guy to ever walk this earth! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
20.09.2006 - 17:26
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
@Basso: yepp yepp I have the power!

It was a coincidence that a couple weeks ago I saw He-Man on TV and I just had to watch it!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.