Metal Storm logo
TV Series you liked as a kid but now find pretty different

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.09.2006 - 00:58
Everyone has atleast one. As a kid, I loved the Flash. Recently I picked up the entire series on dvd and it just isn't the same. Sure I still got a little enjoyment from it now but not the same as when I was a kid. I would literally be glued to the television in ore of this but alas it doesn't have the same effect now.

On the other hand shows I watched as kid (Red Dwarf, Young Ones, Bottom) I loved but didn't really get. Rewatching these have been a treat as I can now fully interpret and comprehend what it is all about.
20.09.2006 - 22:37
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I don't know what's wrong with Finland, but more or less every series mentioned here is still running or at least has been running on tv here in the last couple of years.

One series I loved as a child was the Czech cartoon about the mole. I don't know whether its name is just "mole" or something else...
----
You'll never walk alone.
20.09.2006 - 23:56
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i liked Pete and Pete...Ghostbusters..Captain Planet..Voltron..Thundercats..Darkwing duck,and Toxic Crusaders for the short time it was on for
21.09.2006 - 00:01
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i liked Pete and Pete...Ghostbusters..Captain Planet..Voltron..Thundercats..Darkwing duck,and Toxic Crusaders for the short time it was on for....most different is full house...hearing bob saget do stand up..then watching him be wholesome during a re-run of fullhouse is quite amusing,it would be a treat to bring Fullhouse back with asshole vulgar bob saget...and laugh when Danny Tanner tells uncle joey that "his jokes are gay and he needs to kill himself"
22.09.2006 - 16:55
Alouqua
Account deleted
Oh hell.. I still like the Thundercats!!!!
But well I used to watch a lot of crap (and I will do it forever!) I remember something like... wonder woman, She-ra and he-man... Full house... Sailor Moon... Candy candy... (now I feel really embarrassed)....Power rangers... step by step....
22.09.2006 - 23:52
Eight
Shapeshifter
Hmm, Maq Guiver, or what the hell his name is. Allways was addicted to this series, but now it is seems resally strange how his mind could work like this.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
23.09.2006 - 23:10
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Guest on 08.09.2006 at 19:31

How about Power Rangers? As a kid they where the total meaning of the word cool, now they are the definition of uncool.

Yeah dude, that is the one TV series that pops into my mind. The lame fights, the hollow and repetitive storyline (if you can call it as that), the low budget special effects, everything in it is so pathetic and yet I was so into these fucking series. lol Shame on us!
----
Christless
24.09.2006 - 01:37
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 23.09.2006 at 23:10

Yeah dude, that is the one TV series that pops into my mind. The lame fights, the hollow and repetitive storyline (if you can call it as that), the low budget special effects, everything in it is so pathetic and yet I was so into these fucking series. lol Shame on us!

In-fucking-deed ^^
26.09.2006 - 06:26
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I can only think of two shows i watched when i was a kid.
The first was Samurai Pizza Cats, man i thought that was the best show ever. Now i look at it and i still think it hasnt lost its charm on me. I still love how whenever they spring into action, they always get shot out of a giant gun...just classic.

The second was Astro Boy (or Testuwan Atom I think its named in Japanese, correct me if im wrong). You look at it now, it pretty much was a show all on its own. Of course I look at it now and I think whilst its not really meant for todays generation, it'll still remain a classic regardless. As an adult (physically, not psychologically) i look at astro's machine gun arse and think "what would happen if he had diarrhea"?

I will now explode in a frenzy of mashed potatoes
11.10.2006 - 17:25
Graveshift
Did anyone ever watch the "Zelda" cartoon series (15 episodes or less in total)
i used to love that when i was younger but now it just doesnt seem as good ...

Count Duckula was also a favourite of mine haha and it still is i think .. i saw some clips online and it still inspires the same feelings it did long ago, i may go look for the entire series DVD's hahah ...

i used to like the earlier simpsons a lot ... i still like simpsons but not as much now .. what about everyone else? Simpsons fans still out there ??

anyone ever heard of count duckula ??
(i dont think it was that popular when i was little and am not sure if it was showed in any other countries than England .. )
----
"We are the sons of a new millenium!!"
11.10.2006 - 17:27
Graveshift
and if we are going to look towards non-cartoon series then i also used to watch "Quantum leap" and "nightrider" .... they dont seem as good anymore ..
oh and "sliders" .. not as good anymore ..
----
15.10.2006 - 12:13
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Graveshift Count Duckula...the name rings a bell, but I just can't figure out how it looked like. But I'm pretty sure I've watched it. And yes, I watch The Simpsons very often. Almost every day. They're still great.
----
You'll never walk alone.
15.10.2006 - 20:37
Graveshift
Well here is a link to the infinate tomes of knowledge contained within "Wikipedia" haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Duckula

(not so much a link as an adress actually haha)
thats all about the show, although it seems a bit emotionless to just read it as an encyclapedic article and not a review or anything .. oh well haha
----
15.10.2006 - 21:12
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Graveshift I already find some clips in youtube, but thanks anyway. So, yes I've definitely watched it as a kid. It felt great to find that series again. Thanks for reminding me of the existence of it.
----
You'll never walk alone.
17.10.2006 - 19:09
Graveshift
Anyone know/remember a show called "Button moon" ??
haha i just remembered that show and i looked for an episode on youtube .. i found small clips but it did remind me of how much i used to like that program when i was really, really young hahaha
----
17.10.2006 - 21:11
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
At least I don't remember that series, but another great series I watched as a kid and had totally forgotten is Alfred J. Kwack. I almost started to cry when I found the clips in youtube. I wish they'd start to show that series again on tv...
----
You'll never walk alone.
18.10.2006 - 05:53
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Hey does anyone remember The Trap Door?
It was a claymation one with that blue guy, I think his name was Burk. If I remember right he was a cook for the owner of the castle.
Now that was a great show, almost timeless.
18.10.2006 - 11:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ernotar on 17.10.2006 at 21:11

At least I don't remember that series, but another great series I watched as a kid and had totally forgotten is Alfred J. Kwack. I

Funny, you should mention Alfred J. Kwak because just last week when I was cleaning up old audio cassettes I came across the original cassette of the album about Alfred J. Kwak as released by Herman van Veen somehwere in the late seventies. I also have that same album on vinyl. As you might well know it is originally a Dutch cartoon series which was thought up by Dutch singer comedian etc. etc. Herman van Veen.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.10.2006 - 15:38
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Ozman Yep, I know it's Dutch. It's a pity that there are only the starting and ending tunes in Finnish in youtube, but I still watched some chapter in Dutch without understanding a word.
----
You'll never walk alone.
18.10.2006 - 15:41
Graveshift
Written by Guest on 18.10.2006 at 05:53

Hey does anyone remember The Trap Door?

I do!! another favourite of mine when i was little, haha i had the game on the amiga (very old console type thing)
i think episodes of trap door are still on tv on some classic cartoons kids channel or something ... not sure ..
----
19.10.2006 - 09:18
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Huh, never knew it was a game.
But then again I never owned an Amiga either so it makes sense.
20.10.2006 - 10:54
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Graveshift on 17.10.2006 at 19:09

Anyone know/remember a show called "Button moon" ??
haha i just remembered that show and i looked for an episode on youtube .. i found small clips but it did remind me of how much i used to like that program when i was really, really young hahaha

I remember "Button Moon" - my eldest son used to love that series.
I seem to remember going to see a stage show with him when he was about 4

Mr Spoon was his hero - along with Postman Pat .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
04.11.2006 - 17:01
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Does anyone remember "Nikke Knatterton"? It's not necessarily a children's programme, but I watched it a lot though and I still like it. Too bad our videos are broken...
----
You'll never walk alone.
04.11.2006 - 19:51
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I remember Nikke Knatterton. Nikke was the most capable dude around Sherlock Holmes is nothing to compare him
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
06.12.2006 - 18:39
Graveshift
Does anyone remember or know of "He-Man" haha i used to like that when i was little.. had some figures of it as well haha ...

and what about "Rosie and Jim" two little ragdolls that travelled on their river boat with there owner up a river (always depicted as the same wavy picture they drew on in the exact same way haha)
----
14.12.2006 - 18:30
Sunioj
Moomins ( what a fucked up show to watch trashed ! ), Pacific blue, friends, Xena, He-man, nightrider, sliders, captain planet ( now it seems really fruity! ). Umm, I will list more when I come back...
15.12.2006 - 15:49
Cato9021
My favourite tv show as kid must have been TinTin. Now I would not mind have a full collection, but I would not stand watching them!
----
I månens sken vi dem tar, vi så renar vår skog tills ingen kristen finns kvar

In the shimmering moonlight we hunt them, and flee into our forest until there are no Christians left.
20.12.2006 - 12:25
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
captain planet and thundercats,He-Man,GI-Joe are awsome cartoons so is Tom and Jerry sadly they stopped showing it here
20.12.2006 - 15:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Probably the Spider-Man cartoon, I still love the marvel magazines but the TV cartoon really is awful
----
24.12.2006 - 00:47
Bitch Boy
I remember that I liked Dragon Ball a lot. Actually, I still do, but not that much because it's been a long time since I saw an episode for the very last time.
I also found funny Hey Arnold, but I don't know what happened to that cartoon then. The Looney Tunes still make me laugh
24.12.2006 - 02:24
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Just downloaded the He-Man cartoons. Damn, He-Man is the most powereeeeeeeeeest thing of my liiiiiiiiifeeeeee.

He-Man! And The Masters of The Universe!

I have teh power!!!!

Yes he does.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.