Metal Storm logo
Metal love songs??

20.03.2011 - 01:40
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Yes... I've been in a very lovey dovey mood as of late. Problem with most metal songs seems to be about death, violence, the great red one, some random philosophical concept or dragon slaying in the land of nevermore.

Are there any love songs? Preferably good ones of course!
----
loves 小巫
20.03.2011 - 01:42
Uldreth
Any genre demands?
20.03.2011 - 02:01
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Black Sabbath's Sabbra Cadarba and Priest's (Take These) Chains are the obvious answers. To a lesser extent, Megadeth's Loved to Deth is Dave Mustaine's version of a love song, although it invloves Dave killing a girl who doesn't wanna have sex with him, which may not be what you're looking for.
20.03.2011 - 02:22
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 20.03.2011 at 01:40

Yes... I've been in a very lovey dovey mood as of late. Problem with most metal songs seems to be about death, violence, the great red one, some random philosophical concept or dragon slaying in the land of nevermore.

The best: Sonata Arctica, San Sebastian. Most of their stuff is about emotions and all that anyway so they're a brilliant place to look, but San Sebastian is just an awesome love song.
20.03.2011 - 04:18
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Elite
Oh Rata Blanca have a few, i have to check them out and tell you.

Edit: El Sueño de la Gitana, Ella, La Misma Mujer, Mujer Amante, La Leyenda del Hada y el Mago, Solo Para Amarte, Nada es Facil sin Tu Amor, Sin Tu Amor Nada Existe, Aun Estas En Mis Sueños

Of Course, their best song by far is La Leyenda Del Hada Y El Mago
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
20.03.2011 - 07:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Love songs make me feel way more sad and depressed than any songs about violence and death... lol

Here's some though:

Megadeth - Promises, Ecstacy
Annihilator - The One, Sounds Good To Me
Blind Guardian - Maiden And The Minstrel Knight
Stratovarius - When Mountains Fall
W.A.S.P. - Hold On To My Heart
Danzig - Blood And Tears
Helloween - If I Knew
Judas Priest - Prisoner Of Your Eyes
Freedom Call - Bleeding Heart
Overkill - Promises
Symphony X - The Sacrifice
20.03.2011 - 11:30
Uldreth
Ah well, as was said there are many from Sonata Arctica, like Tallulah, Shy, My Selene

There is also an early In Flames EP (Subterranean) which sort of covers this subject (but I am not sure whether its what you're looking for or not, they're kind of negative)
Stand Ablaze
Biospehere
Subterranean

Looking at the lyrics, I would say Arcturus - To Thou Who Dwellest in the Night is a strange love song as well.

Later Norther also wrote many but they are kind of bad. Maybe Omen is an exception.

And of course Marduk - Bleached Bones (kidding)
20.03.2011 - 20:55
Motorhead - Love Me Like a Reptile xD
----
KARNSTEIN RECORDS
www.KarnsteinRecords.com
20.03.2011 - 22:01
MechanisT
Account deleted
Riverside - Conceiving You.
Even though it leans more towards Progressive Rock than Metal, I would HIGHLY recommend it regardless.

Enjoy
21.03.2011 - 00:59
WickedBuddhi
Strapping Young Lad- Love?
Devin Townsend- Kingdom

Those two aren't conventional love songs but are about love and its psychological demands and affects. But I think Kingdom definitely has that feeling of love down. It's all playful and melodic, but concurrently, emotionally out of control and uncertain. That's the way love is... so I think.
21.03.2011 - 14:14
BrokenKnuckles
Cannibal Corpse - Fucked with a Knife
22.03.2011 - 21:40
caimanjosh
Nightwish - Feel For You, and to some extent Beauty of the Beast....both from Century Child.
22.03.2011 - 22:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.03.2011 at 22:01

Even though it leans more towards Progressive Rock than Metal, I would HIGHLY recommend it regardless.

Enjoy

I agree that it might be a good choice.

Riverside have some songs to that effect but maybe they wouldn't necessarily fit the "love song" label. "Ok" as well, I think it would be fitting. Or "Through The Other Side" from Rapid Eye Movement.

Interesting thread by the way
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.03.2011 - 22:16
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 22.03.2011 at 22:09

Written by Guest on 20.03.2011 at 22:01

Enjoy

I agree that it might be a good choice.

Riverside have some songs to that effect but maybe they wouldn't necessarily fit the "love song" label. "Ok" as well, I think it would be fitting. Or "Through The Other Side" from Rapid Eye Movement.

Interesting thread by the way

"Conceiving You" embodies all the butterflies-in-my-stomach moments of romance perfectly in my opinion.
Come to think of it, "My Heart is a Tomb" by Ghost Brigade might be a good choice too. It's not a typical love song by any means, but it captures the "painful longing" essence of love perfectly.
23.03.2011 - 07:25
Kevorkian
Sentenced, while obviously being a very depressing band, have a couple of great love songs, "You Are the One" and "Her Last 5 Minutes".

"You Are the One" is definitely the more hopeful song of the two, while "Her Last 5 Minutes" just makes you want to cry. Both are beautiful, though.
23.03.2011 - 22:52
Vivi'
TESTAMENT - LEAVE ME FOREVER.
Genius and love inspired!

And also:
Annihilator - No Love.

But if you mean ballads including, that's another story...
24.03.2011 - 00:31
Luneth
Account deleted
'Promises' from Adagio is another great one.
24.03.2011 - 05:41
MetalSpider
Symphony X - The Sacrifice
Adagio - Promises
Kamelot - Love You To Death (although this may a bit on the sadder side lol)
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
01.04.2011 - 20:01
ADIresiduos
Some classics:
Queensryche's Silent Lucidity
Judas Priest's Diamonds and Rust
Kiss's Forever
Others:
Creed's Last Breath, With Arms Wide Open
Disturbed's Overburden
Killswitch Engage's The End Of Heartache
01.04.2011 - 20:56
Slinx
Account deleted
Kamelot Power Metal \ Symphonic Metal
The Haunting (Somewhere In Time) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QszOjJ89w20
Wander http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTKPl9VjwaY

All That Remains
Metalcore got me into the more extreme stuff, so here's some metalcore love songs

Not Alone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2uuty3Qkk
Tattered On My Sleeve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tftx5MjA2BQ
Follow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=act73GJ1brc
01.04.2011 - 21:07
Slinx
Account deleted
Joe Satriani Instrumental Hard Rock \ Metal

Always With Me, Always With You http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM&feature=related

Norther Power Metal \ Harsh Vocals
More of a break-up song, but it'll do.

Frozen Angel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Y8KycT2Mc

Disturbed Nu-Metal

Stricken http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNjCZrsH25Q
04.04.2011 - 10:59
theFIST
Probably Motörhead"s Christine
and maybe, although it"s core, Love Song by Caliban
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
04.04.2011 - 11:27
Yasmine
Testament - Leave me forever.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
04.04.2011 - 17:33
Zenzero
Zenzero
Too much... and i think all these songs are fake... I imagine Tollki writing Coming home, he's fat, ugly and boring, who should love him??? If I was a girl and he's coming home I'd run away fast!
04.04.2011 - 17:36
Zenzero
Zenzero
Written by Guest on 20.03.2011 at 02:22

The best: Sonata Arctica, San Sebastian. Most of their stuff is about emotions and all that anyway so they're a brilliant place to look, but San Sebastian is just an awesome love song.

With all the love song by sonata you choose this one?? ehehehe
Tallulah, last drop falls and letter to dana are better for me!
04.04.2011 - 17:38
Yasmine
I strongly dislike SA, so I've not heard those. and Zen.......Fat people need love too, just not fom me. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
04.04.2011 - 18:58
Guib
Thrash Talker
Yay if you love Trains... here's one.. (Princess Of The Nigh - by Saxon)
I love metal ... literally LOL
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
04.04.2011 - 23:31
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Zenzero on 04.04.2011 at 17:36

Written by Guest on 20.03.2011 at 02:22

With all the love song by sonata you choose this one?? ehehehe
Tallulah, last drop falls and letter to dana are better for me!

San Sebastian is written more to my kinda taste.
09.04.2011 - 15:47
Sophist
Samael - Further and High Above
29.04.2011 - 01:41
ANGEL REAPER
This might sound weird but Marduk Opus Nocturne is a good love (wtf!?!?) song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT5qKHhGdMU
see...I told you....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"