05. Kill The Chemicals
06. Bleeding Rain
07. Carnage At The Castle
08. The Embrace
09. Lipstick Lies
10. Children Of The Night
11. Call Out The Dead
12. Silver Bullet

If nothing else, Century Media should give themselves a big pat on the back for a great marketing opportunity they've snagged themselves here. The cinematic/literary masterpiece Twilight and it's subsequent followups really ignited some bizarre new world-wide love of vampires. While sales of Count Chocula have undoubtedly hit a huge spike, we have yet to see any strictly vampire-themed metal and/or metal related products hit the market. Of course we have various gothic bands that have definitely explored the theme of exsanguination, but there's no bands exclusively revolving themselves around the subject. That is, until this waste of time was created.

Too bad Vampires Everywhere! is to metal what Edward is to Nosferatu. Wussified and unthreatening. Unlike Twilight, Vampires Everywhere! isn't really bringing anything new to its form of media, for better or worse. Judging by the press release that went along with this album it's hard to say whether I'm an idiot for trying to review this on a serious level, and Century Media was just a little late getting their April fools day prank together, or this band is something that should be genuinely considered a musical entity. A lead singer who goes by the name of Michael Vampire who apparently considers himself to be an actual vampire really leads me to believe there is no possible way this isn't a joke. Maybe this man (yes, keep in mind this band consists of grown men) just came up with a creative excuse for his iron deficiency. I don't even want to fucking know.

Here's an unpleasant thought for you: This band will be huge. Brace yourselves and mark my words; teenagers are the most researched age group by any type of marketers. As a collective group, they dump the most disposable income into the economy every year. Couple this fact with a band that not only has a widely accessible sound, but also has that androgynous look that can really appeal to screaming teenage girls, while at the same time catering to the new juvenile fascination of vampires, what you've got is one helluva money machine.

...Oh yeah! I forgot there was music...Screamo. Terrible, cringe-inducing screamo/metalcore. Think of an Escape The Fate/Bring Me The Horizon clone, slap on a goofy, yet incredibly marketable gimmick on top and you've pretty much got the idea.

Written on 18.05.2011 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 71   Visited by: 388 users
18.05.2011 - 00:31
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Now that is something I should check!

(Ok, not funny)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
18.05.2011 - 00:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I think Mr Doctor will appreciate this album.

btw you really think "Twilight" is a literary/cinematic masterpiece?
18.05.2011 - 00:35
Paradox Lover
Account deleted
/facepalm ....
18.05.2011 - 00:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I've heard this album and I happen to think it's a contender for surprise best album of 2011.
18.05.2011 - 00:48
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
I don't even care if I listen to this shit and end up liking it (doubt it though). This review is beautiful. XD
18.05.2011 - 00:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 18.05.2011 at 00:35

Sarcasm.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.05.2011 - 00:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 18.05.2011 at 00:52

Sarcasm.

good, i was beginning to suspect stuff.

what amazes me is that no-one thought of this before, and this band had the album released just now. seriously, this is a cash bomb just waiting to explode. if they got massive airplay during when the second Twilight movie was in cinemas, i'm pretty sure they would be able to buy Metal Storm Towers out and coat them in gold.. just because.

on a lighter note, their video is fucking HILARIOUS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeFWM_Xnka8. picture a more kid-friendly version of Avenged Sevenfold with occasional vocals that sound straight out of a euro-dance song.

actually, scratch that. aside from the horrific vocals, this sounds kinda like if the guys at In Flames had to write a song in 3 minutes.
18.05.2011 - 01:05
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 18.05.2011 at 00:59

Written by Doc G. on 18.05.2011 at 00:52

Sarcasm.

good, i was beginning to suspect stuff.

what amazes me is that no-one thought of this before, and this band had the album released just now. seriously, this is a cash bomb just waiting to explode. if they got massive airplay during when the second Twilight movie was in cinemas, i'm pretty sure they would be able to buy Metal Storm Towers out and coat them in gold.. just because.

Thankfully we have connections and were able to delay the release of this... thing.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
18.05.2011 - 01:07
Mikrokosmos
Account deleted
Can't agree more with the review. I thought This Romantic Tragedy was the bottom of it, but I was wrong...
18.05.2011 - 01:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Bring Me The Horizon seems like a fucking masterpiece compared to this guys tbh. They are listenable at least.

This is just way too much.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.05.2011 - 01:22
Mikrokosmos
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

on a lighter note, their video is fucking HILARIOUS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeFWM_Xnka8. picture a more kid-friendly version of Avenged Sevenfold with occasional vocals that sound straight out of a euro-dance song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Htjqz0KPY behold a serious concurent
18.05.2011 - 01:46
MechanisT
Account deleted
Just heard some samples. Man, you're even too lenient with your rating here, in my opinion. Songs to make you really hate your teenage years, but I decided to hate theirs instead.
18.05.2011 - 02:18
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Translation: Vampires Are Bad.
18.05.2011 - 02:19
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.05.2011 at 01:46

Songs to make you really hate your teenage years, but I decided to hate theirs instead.

18.05.2011 - 02:20
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.05.2011 at 02:19

Written by Guest on 18.05.2011 at 01:46

Songs to make you really hate your teenage years, but I decided to hate theirs instead.

Heartfelt, that.
18.05.2011 - 02:41
Rating: 2
Fallen
I could barely listen to the music video long enough to laugh.
18.05.2011 - 03:41
iMorphball
LOL THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!

Totally true in every way.
18.05.2011 - 03:48
marzepka87
Worst part about this, this "band" will be everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE... when I was watching the video, I thought to myself; "How could they make this even more homo-erotic"... my prayers where answered when auto-tune was used... this video brought back the horrific memory when a buddy of mine showed me this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0
Watch at your own risk, and I mean it... I nearly threw my computer out the window
18.05.2011 - 05:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

Vali, the Twilight saga is the most historically and factually accurate depiction of vampires since Nosferatu. Bram Stoker and whoever wrote the Twilight books are clearly communicating on the same wavelength...and you're a jackass if you don't agree with me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.05.2011 - 05:26
Wow, that was just beyond terrible, i could only laugh at the guy's haircut and stupid face, he is ridiculous XD
and i thought that vampire stuff was strictly limited to gothic and darkwave bands...
18.05.2011 - 05:29
Sulac
It really makes me sad that this is mid-May, and this isn't an April Fools Joke. Cause this... Is the funniest review ever... But the music... I wanna kill myself.
18.05.2011 - 06:19
rocketstorm2
Funny how the review focuses on the NAME of the band and their style, and only gives about three short sentences on the actual MUSIC on the album. very well done review A+ job (sarcasm):wall:
18.05.2011 - 06:25
Just listened to one of their songs. It was so horrible I almost broke my laptop in half. I really hope this band doesn't get huge.
18.05.2011 - 06:37
silenius
Raped my head.....
18.05.2011 - 06:56
Arcticus
Written by rocketstorm2 on 18.05.2011 at 06:19

Funny how the review focuses on the NAME of the band and their style, and only gives about three short sentences on the actual MUSIC on the album. very well done review A+ job (sarcasm):wall:

Which he acknowledged in the review - obviously the "band" are not concerned with the music, so I think the review reflects that quite well. If you're so concerned with the music (and yes it is terrible) go watch it on youtube (or waste your parents' money on it!) instead of getting all pissy with a well-written review
18.05.2011 - 08:00
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Arcticus on 18.05.2011 at 06:56

Written by rocketstorm2 on 18.05.2011 at 06:19

Which he acknowledged in the review - obviously the "band" are not concerned with the music, so I think the review reflects that quite well. If you're so concerned with the music (and yes it is terrible) go watch it on youtube (or waste your parents' money on it!) instead of getting all pissy with a well-written review

Indeed. I was about to tell this guy that I think he missed the point.

Oh, and I don't really know why everyone is getting worked up about this band gaining more popularity than it already has. I mean, it would just be another emo-core-bullshit band to throw onto of the huge pile of bands that are already being loved by your little sisters/daughters/nieces. The only thing that sets these guys apart from the rest isn't even music-related; it's a stupid vampire image gimmick.
18.05.2011 - 08:34
Hellhound
I look forward to hating this band intensely. As a quick sidenote: Twilight was a literary masterpiece? Maybe if you are a fucking squirrel. Actually, that isn't fair. People have different tastes. Seriously though, Twilight is not metal.
18.05.2011 - 10:17
Void_Eater
Account deleted
This band is about as metal as this
18.05.2011 - 10:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 18.05.2011 at 10:17

This band is about as metal as this

But at least Apache is a cool tune.
----