Metal Storm logo
The Pub

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 01.12.2015 - 17:16
Written by Maco on 01.12.2015 at 17:09

Yeah it's better than Lima, but It doesn't call my attention. Well, if my family or a friend invites me to go there, I won't deny myself.

well Lima and big cities sucks man
16.09.2021 - 11:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nikarg on 15.09.2021 at 23:50

Written by Starvynth on 15.09.2021 at 20:50

Too bad, too sad.

Most of my music is digital and has been for a long time, since the late '90s even. I hate it but it is easier, you can just take it with you everywhere. I have a big memory card on my phone and my mp3s are stored there, as well as in my laptop, and in an external hard disc (yes, three different places so that it's impossible to lose them). I also pay for Spotify premium and I buy CDs every now and then but mostly stuff I really want and stuff I used to have but lost and want to own physically. We still have metal stores here, two or three in Athens I believe, they don't have a huge variety but they are decent. Nothing remotely close to the old days, of course. I exclusively order online myself though, even when it is from these stores.

edit: Empire is a great album, at 3 euros it is a steal.

I have a lot CD, casssetes, in grandmother house. I want buy own house and take all, I want music room, I want reading room, cigar room, pipe room, whisky room, craft beer room, TV room, PC room.... wait a sac can we sell ms sevrer and buy a castle to me? MS staffers can be my cleaning service lol

But in apparment is hard to have huge list. Last 6 years I pay for my music.

I prefer real copies of music, better feeling light out , player has lights you sit in darkness, candles drink craft beer and listen music in a HOUSE!

I remember old MP3 player when I put CD on , now I use

https://www.philips.se/c-p/SA3MXX04K_02/gogear-mp3-spelare-med-fullsoundtm

Simmilar charge whit PC. I put one album there. In work ms news I listen one song and so on from mobile. Whole album from mp3 player , I have hidden place where I pretend work , but sit n listen. I believe if all is done, we dont need search extra work
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.09.2021 - 12:29
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Bad English on 16.09.2021 at 11:15

I want music room, I want reading room, cigar room, pipe room, whisky room, craft beer room, TV room, PC room....

I would help you with the wallpapering and even lay the entire carpet if you set up a language lab first.
----
signatures = SPAM
16.09.2021 - 12:33
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Starvynth on 15.09.2021 at 20:50

And then I thought to myself, well, maybe it's also their own fault that they have to shut down.

Around 2008, I visited one of my then favourite record stores in Lyon, looking for the new album of some semi-obscure band I probably discovered here on MS. I knew the record store's business was dwindling and I was an advocate for the "help your local stores" thing, so when I couldn't find the album in the shelves, I went and asked the store owner if he could maybe order it so I'd pick it up later. My request was met by a smirk and the following reply: "why don't you order it online yourself?". Like the guy had more important things to do than help a customer. Well, go fuck yourself then, bro. I ended up ordering the album on Amazon. Not that one purchase would have saved his shop, but still.
16.09.2021 - 14:01
Zap
Written by Deadsoulman on 16.09.2021 at 12:33

Not that one purchase would have saved his shop, but still.

Not that one purchase, but a different attitude might have, haha.
16.09.2021 - 18:45
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff

Most of my music is digital and has been for a long time, since the late '90s even. I hate it but it is easier, you can just take it with you everywhere. I have a big memory card on my phone and my mp3s are stored there, as well as in my laptop, and in an external hard disc (yes, three different places so that it's impossible to lose them). I also pay for Spotify premium and I buy CDs every now and then but mostly stuff I really want and stuff I used to have but lost and want to own physically. We still have metal stores here, two or three in Athens I believe, they don't have a huge variety but they are decent. Nothing remotely close to the old days, of course. I exclusively order online myself though, even when it is from these stores.

Now you really got me flabbergasted, because I would have estimated your music consumption behavior completely different. Good ol' Nick and a dusty record player, that would have fit more into my twisted world view. Am I really the only one here who has made it into the new millennium completely without digital copies?
Damn, I'm a dinosaur...

After all, my listening habits have changed quite a bit over the last three years. I still buy CDs, but only for the car and mostly second hand. At home, however, it's almost exclusively limited to digital copies. Same here, Spotify premium, since MS Awards 2019 to be precise, as I just couldn't manage all the new releases anymore without it. I hate it and I rarely use it nowadays, but my girlfriend's daughter wanted Spotify for Christmas anyway, so that was a nice coincidence.
I'm also paying for various subscriptions on Bandcamp (Naturmacht, Black Lion, Hypnotic Dirge, etc.) and Satanath Records sends me download codes almost every day, I don't even know why.
All in all, that's way too much new music for me to ever listen to. And I'm not quite sure yet if that's a good thing or a very bad thing.

edit: Empire is a great album, at 3 euros it is a steal.

Yeah, considering it's the 24-bit digitally remastered version with three bonus tracks, it was not a bad bargain at all.
----
signatures = SPAM
16.09.2021 - 19:16
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Starvynth on 16.09.2021 at 18:45

Am I really the only one here who has made it into the new millennium completely without digital copies?

I'm still not that comfortable with purchasing digital albums to be honest. I've probably done that a dozen times altogether, and only when the band didn't offer the opportunity to get a physical copy (damn you, Vulgaris!). I'm a materialist when it comes to music and books, so I still buy CDs and vinyls on a regular basis, though much less than I used to. Blame choice overload and Spotify in my case.
16.09.2021 - 19:41
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
All my music was on CD's up until last year, when I decided to put all of my music onto my I player, and sell off all my CD's, mainly because I needed the money. I've been downloading onto my I player since, because it's more convenient, but I do miss the process of putting on a CD, and playing it.

Record stores seem to becoming more rare here in the UK nowadays.
16.09.2021 - 19:45
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Deadsoulman on 16.09.2021 at 19:16

I'm still not that comfortable with purchasing digital albums to be honest. I've probably done that a dozen times altogether, and only when the band didn't offer the opportunity to get a physical copy (damn you, Vulgaris!). I'm a materialist when it comes to music and books, so I still buy CDs and vinyls on a regular basis, though much less than I used to. Blame choice overload and Spotify in my case.

Man, you sound like a real idealist, and that's great.
If you ever come to Germany, make sure to visit "Nobbis Plattenladen" in Bonn.
The owner Nobbi has been a metalhead for about a hundred years and his store, for which he has, among other things, sold his car to be able to use the garage as additional CD storage, is the best record store between the river Rhine, the Alps, the Ural Mountains and the Lofoten Islands.

----
signatures = SPAM
16.09.2021 - 20:13
nikarg
Staff
Written by Starvynth on 16.09.2021 at 18:45

Now you really got me flabbergasted, because I would have estimated your music consumption behavior completely different. Good ol' Nick and a dusty record player, that would have fit more into my twisted world view. Am I really the only one here who has made it into the new millennium completely without digital copies?
Damn, I'm a dinosaur...

I used to move a lot so CDs and especially vinyls were difficult to move with me. I actually embraced the CDs immediately, I found the vinyls to be too much trouble so I have only about 150-200 of those in a storage room (I lost a lot in that little flood I mentioned in the video call). I don't even have a record player anymore, although I want to get one again at some point. I have also sold way too much music - like Old Bitter said he has done - that I now regret miserably (we're talking about really rare first press stuff that is sold today on Discogs for ridiculous money). I listen to CDs exclusively in the car (because I refuse to buy a new car stereo - and a new car ) and at home it is divided between MP3s, Spotify, and CDs.
16.09.2021 - 20:29
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by nikarg on 16.09.2021 at 20:13

I listen to CDs exclusively in the car (because I refuse to buy a new car stereo - and a new car )

That made me giggle. Do you remember when I wrecked my car a few weeks ago?

Well, it was actually a write-off, but I had the choice between compensation of the replacement costs and a costly repair. I opted for the repair, for which the opposing insurance company had to fork out around 12,000 euros, and the main reason was: my car still has a CD player, but most new cars do not.
----
signatures = SPAM
16.09.2021 - 20:35
nikarg
Staff
^ 12000 euros? Wow! I hope they fixed it well because this is massive damage.
16.09.2021 - 20:36
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Fun fact: I learned how to drive just because my mom's car had a CD player. I wanted to listen while I drove.
But after I got my license I gave up because driving sucks and I hate it, but I still picture myself listening to a good CD while on the road.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.09.2021 - 21:02
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by nikarg on 16.09.2021 at 20:35

^ 12000 euros? Wow! I hope they fixed it well because this is massive damage.

Yeah, it almost feels like I have a new car now, but with my old stereo.
The list with repairs goes on and on and on...

But that's what happens when two drivers meet inconveniently, one of whom is way too fast and the other drives an SUV.
----
signatures = SPAM
16.09.2021 - 21:12
Redel
Written by Starvynth on 16.09.2021 at 21:02

But that's what happens when two drivers meet inconveniently, one of whom is way too fast and the other drives an SUV.

I didnt know they still put CD player into SUV cars, or dont tell me you were going way too fast.

Edit: Always frightening to see how expensive an exterior mirror for cars is, summing up all its parts (260e? And I guess that is excl. VAT).
16.09.2021 - 21:36
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Redel on 16.09.2021 at 21:12

I didnt know they still put CD player into SUV cars, or dont tell me you were going way too fast.

Edit: Always frightening to see how expensive an exterior mirror for cars is, summing up all its parts (260e? And I guess that is excl. VAT).

Chances are rather slim that an insurance company rep will ever join Metal Storm, but this is a public forum, so all I can say is this: I've never driven an SUV in my life. To be honest, I don't even understand why this type of car exists.

Yeah, that's not including installation costs, small parts and VAT, so it's really freaking expensive.
----
signatures = SPAM
16.09.2021 - 21:41
Redel
Written by Starvynth on 16.09.2021 at 21:36

I've never driven an SUV in my life. To be honest, I don't even understand why this type of car exists.

+1
Then I can just hope that you did not get seriously injured because damage to your car is one thing but damage to your body caused by an SUV...
16.09.2021 - 23:27
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Redel on 16.09.2021 at 21:41

Then I can just hope that you did not get seriously injured because damage to your car is one thing but damage to your body caused by an SUV...

Thanks for asking, but nobody got hurt.
My car only wobbled a little and then the entire left side looked like the macro shot of a crumble cake, but both cars were still roadworthy afterwards. German craftsmanship versus a U.S. SUV...
We parted with a friendly smile and a draw. And I got a signed note for the insurance company from him, saying "I'm really sorry I cut the corner and drove on your side of the road. My bad."

But the best of all was that the left side of my car was already damaged from two previous accidents (me vs. the pillar of a parking block and me vs. a narrow gateway) and would have cost me around 3,500 euros if I had had it repaired...

To sum up: the best car accident of my life.
----
signatures = SPAM
17.09.2021 - 00:02
no one
Written by Karlabos on 16.09.2021 at 20:36

^ Fun fact: I learned how to drive just because my mom's car had a CD player. I wanted to listen while I drove.
But after I got my license I gave up because driving sucks and I hate it, but I still picture myself listening to a good CD while on the road.

Oh car concerts are the best, especially with a tall can in the cup holder.

I have a tape deck in mine for listening to bad quality bm
----
Unable to connect to the database
17.09.2021 - 08:38
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Starvynth on 16.09.2021 at 19:45

The owner Nobbi has been a metalhead for about a hundred years and his store, for which he has, among other things, sold his car to be able to use the garage as additional CD storage, is the best record store between the river Rhine, the Alps, the Ural Mountains and the Lofoten Islands.

That's the best tourist argument I've ever seen in favour of Bonn Seriously though, I really miss getting lost for hours in record stores and exiting with way more stuff than I can actually afford. Thank Satam there are still bookshops!
17.09.2021 - 09:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 17.09.2021 at 08:38

That's the best tourist argument I've ever seen in favour of Bonn Seriously though, I really miss getting lost for hours in record stores and exiting with way more stuff than I can actually afford. Thank Satam there are still bookshops!

Not in sweden, not in a north as it was before. But we have auctions stores, vintage stores where we have vintage vinyls, not metal, can be few metal.
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2021 - 22:09
Redel
Written by Starvynth on 16.09.2021 at 23:27

But the best of all was that the left side of my car was already damaged from two previous accidents (me vs. the pillar of a parking block and me vs. a narrow gateway) and would have cost me around 3,500 euros if I had had it repaired...
To sum up: the best car accident of my life.

Ok, now I see why you were going "way too fast".
27.09.2021 - 19:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-iron-maiden-singer-paul-dianno-is-still-waiting-for-his-knee-surgery-the-situation-is-only-getting-worse/

OMg how does he looks like, his legs, how can he still can go, what happened whit him, since he was so slim in the youth
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2021 - 20:39
Redel
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2021 at 19:52

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-iron-maiden-singer-paul-dianno-is-still-waiting-for-his-knee-surgery-the-situation-is-only-getting-worse/

Oh, I did not know his health was so bad, poor guy. And Maiden did not donate for his surgery yet, it said somewhere.
29.09.2021 - 12:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just quastion, from your place you live, how long time takes go or drive to the work?

To me
Summer: bicykle 5 minutes
walk 10 minutes
car 5 minutes (2 if all is green)

winter: walk 15 minutes
car 15 minutes, since you need warm up engine in winter, or more if car is in a garage.
----

apos;'
[image]
29.09.2021 - 14:04
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have to stop by whenever I'm in Bonn again!
29.09.2021 - 14:08
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 29.09.2021 at 12:49

Just quastion, from your place you live, how long time takes go or drive to the work?

Around 10 seconds from the living room to my home office. Beat that
29.09.2021 - 14:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 29.09.2021 at 14:08

Damn, I wanna work at home. But big city ppl maybe it takes 2h to work and home.
----

apos;'
[image]
29.09.2021 - 20:27
ANGEL REAPER

Today i worked from my bed so yeah, I think i am the fastest!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.09.2021 - 08:28
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 29.09.2021 at 20:27

Today i worked from my bed so yeah, I think i am the fastest!

That's cheating
30.09.2021 - 23:59
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Abandoned my old small an soon-mono-to-be speakers and bought a new set with a lot of bass and even a subwoofer.
Of course, the first thing I thought was: I wonder how heavy bass atmoblack band like Walknut, Ygg or Verdunkeln sound on this?

It sounds... heavy.

But I have to say I have the impression they engulf a bit of the high frequency. I wonder if there is a way to increase the low without sacrificing the high?
Guess I should invest on an USB dj soundboard or something
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei