Metal Storm logo
The Pub

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 01.12.2015 - 17:16
Written by Maco on 01.12.2015 at 17:09

Yeah it's better than Lima, but It doesn't call my attention. Well, if my family or a friend invites me to go there, I won't deny myself.

well Lima and big cities sucks man
08.09.2021 - 15:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 08.09.2021 at 15:46

I don't get it, why is metal and life goals on different places in that pic?

Suit, hair cut, get office job, 12h per day overtime, perfect house and family. Sterio type
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.09.2021 - 07:31
no one
What do you have when you have metal?
----
Unable to connect to the database
09.09.2021 - 09:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by no one on 09.09.2021 at 07:31

Freedom, life, something to live for...
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2021 - 09:28
no one
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2021 at 09:14

Freedom, life, something to live for...

I have freedom a nice house and a family, I must have metal 😁
----
09.09.2021 - 09:46
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor

A magnet?
09.09.2021 - 09:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
House is another thing, but catear is another thing, work 13h per day and 7 days per week.
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2021 - 10:08
no one
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2021 at 09:48

House is another thing, but catear is another thing, work 13h per day and 7 days per week.

I have an average job but own my own business so I can work around my frredom
----
09.09.2021 - 10:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by no one on 09.09.2021 at 10:08

I work for state my time, I can be lazy, I can do nothing, still get paid, I need do few things I do them, nothing extra, I listen metal in work. I dont care about career and extra....
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2021 - 11:56
no one
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2021 at 10:23

Written by no one on 09.09.2021 at 10:08

I work for state my time, I can be lazy, I can do nothing, still get paid, I need do few things I do them, nothing extra, I listen metal in work. I dont care about career and extra....

So your lazy? Lazy is metal?
----
09.09.2021 - 12:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No because you get pay equal as those who work hard.
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2021 - 20:39
no one
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2021 at 12:25

Yeah I doubt that
----
09.09.2021 - 21:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by no one on 09.09.2021 at 20:39

Yeah I doubt that

O yes when taxes are paid they get maybe sek 500 more
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2021 - 22:32
no one
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2021 at 21:53

Written by no one on 09.09.2021 at 20:39

Yeah I doubt that

O yes when taxes are paid they get maybe sek 500 more

Living the dream
----
13.09.2021 - 21:09
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It's crazy how much less productive I am when I have good music blasting while I work.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.09.2021 - 21:55
Redel
Written by Karlabos on 13.09.2021 at 21:09

It's crazy how much less productive I am when I have good music blasting while I work.

Depends on what I do for me. Good music works quite well with data analyses, but it does not when I have to write something down in my own words.
14.09.2021 - 00:16
no one
I find podcasts better for work production
----
15.09.2021 - 15:08
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yay, random round number of posts!
----
- Reimu Hakurei
15.09.2021 - 15:51
Redel
Written by Karlabos on 15.09.2021 at 15:08

Does that mean that you intend to stick to that round number of posts for some time now?
And I know the answer in case I dont get a reply from you.
15.09.2021 - 16:25
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Redel on 15.09.2021 at 15:51

Written by Karlabos on 15.09.2021 at 15:08

Does that mean that you intend to stick to that round number of posts for some time now?
And I know the answer in case I dont get a reply from you.

Well, I haven't thought that far. It'd be kinda awkward if I posted more and then the 5000 went away and nobody got the meaning of the post, but I wouldn't refrain from posting just for that.
Also, I guess one could argue every number of posts is round since they are all integer.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
15.09.2021 - 19:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by no one on 09.09.2021 at 11:56

New Zealand Māori party launches petition to change country’s name to Aotearoa

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/14/new-zealand-maori-party-launches-petition-to-change-countrys-name-to-aotearoa

Comments?
Its damn hard to pronounce actually , I hope they dont do it, I think we should fight and keep NZ
In Swedish Lappland city, lake,s places, river names are in Swedish and Samish . I dont care, but still. We can not change name to that
----

apos;'
[image]
15.09.2021 - 19:37
Redel
Written by Karlabos on 15.09.2021 at 16:25

Well, I haven't thought that far. It'd be kinda awkward if I posted more and then the 5000 went away and nobody got the meaning of the post, but I wouldn't refrain from posting just for that.

Well, you can still delete that post as soon as it doesnt "serve" you any more -- so basically now.

Written by Karlabos on 15.09.2021 at 16:25

Also, I guess one could argue every number of posts is round since they are all integer.

Well, and I haven't thought that far. But sure...

Edit: And deleting it would only be effective had I not quoted it in the first place.
15.09.2021 - 20:50
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Just came back from my local record store, apparently for the very last time.
They'll be closing their gates forever at the end of the month. Tried to buy some 2020 CDs I missed out on, but couldn't find shit, as always. Finally grabbed an album I never really needed (Queensrÿche's Empire for less than three bucks) because it felt awkward to leave without buying at least something, paid, and silently waved goodbye.
Kinda sad actually, I used to buy quite a lot of stuff there, even my very first CD three decades ago, and the shop has always been there, under changing names though, but as long as I can think.

Then went to the store's own parking lot where I had to pay 6,- € (!) for 34 minutes.
And then I thought to myself, well, maybe it's also their own fault that they have to shut down.
Because just three years ago, I owned like 1,000 CD's and not even a single digital album. Digital music was nothing to me, just soulless bits and bytes. Now it's over 2,000 items and almost 50% of my collection is digital.
Do they even know how much I would have purchased there if it would have been possible somehow?

I tried to stick to physical releases, I really did, but everything I wanted to have was either not available or simply too expansive with shipping included. Last mail order I placed there was partly meant as a Christmas gift. Ordered in November, finally received the last item a couple of days ago. German label, German pressing plant, German artist - but it took them nine (9!) months to deliver everything to an address in Germany. F#ck them, man.

They have a second store in another district, 15 minutes by car away. Went there last week because I was nearby and only saw empty shelves and the record department was only a fraction of what it used to be two years ago. Great if you are of fan of pop music - Kelly Clarkson and Adele are still there - but totally useless if you happen to be into metal. There was a third shop in the neighbouring town that closed in June.

Foreign mail orders and labels are much more reliable and customer-friendly, I can't really say anything bad about Transcending Obscurity, for example. Great packaging, fair prices, quick and friendly service.
For the rest, I'll try to purchase more directly from the artist. Because I'm done with the good old conventional shopping experience and the support your local store bullshit. It's just not worth it anymore.
They killed it.

Too bad, too sad.

/rant
----
signatures = SPAM
15.09.2021 - 21:04
no one
Written by Bad English on 15.09.2021 at 19:30

Written by no one on 09.09.2021 at 11:56

New Zealand Māori party launches petition to change country’s name to Aotearoa

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/14/new-zealand-maori-party-launches-petition-to-change-countrys-name-to-aotearoa

Comments?
Its damn hard to pronounce actually , I hope they dont do it, I think we should fight and keep NZ
In Swedish Lappland city, lake,s places, river names are in Swedish and Samish . I dont care, but still. We can not change name to that

I don't mind if it changed to that, it sounds nicer and New Zealand is definitely a name that is representative of colonialism.

It won't happen anyway, all the privileged white people living on valuable land that was stolen by there great great grandparents will moan and groan ...... bloody marees want everything!
----
15.09.2021 - 21:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No it's harder to pronauce, I don't mind colonialism I am not so sensitive to that topic as others are.
----

apos;'
[image]
15.09.2021 - 22:36
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Starvynth on 15.09.2021 at 20:50

I'm done with the good old conventional shopping experience and the support your local store bullshit. It's just not worth it anymore.
They killed it.

Too bad, too sad.

At least you have metal stores in your country. Imagine living where the only metal you can find is Metallica Iron Maiden and so forth... And still living in the 5th most comercially developed city of the country.

No wonder I pirate everything
----
- Reimu Hakurei
15.09.2021 - 22:50
no one
Written by Bad English on 15.09.2021 at 21:39

No it's harder to pronauce, I don't mind colonialism I am not so sensitive to that topic as others are.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose

As for the name, it's really easy to say, especially compared a lot of the other Maori names we have here
----
15.09.2021 - 23:07
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Karlabos on 15.09.2021 at 22:36

No wonder I pirate everything

Not a fan of piracy, but I have to confess that I own two or three burned CDs, eventhough I never asked for it. I just have them, can't even say anymore how I got them.
First world problems, I know...

Piracy in corners of the world where it's literally impossible to get your hands on affordable music legally is something I do not condemn, though. Everyone should be able to listen to music, just as everyone should have access to information, the internet and books. And free access to Dutch stroop waffles of course.
----
signatures = SPAM
15.09.2021 - 23:50
nikarg
Staff
Written by Starvynth on 15.09.2021 at 20:50

Too bad, too sad.

Most of my music is digital and has been for a long time, since the late '90s even. I hate it but it is easier, you can just take it with you everywhere. I have a big memory card on my phone and my mp3s are stored there, as well as in my laptop, and in an external hard disc (yes, three different places so that it's impossible to lose them). I also pay for Spotify premium and I buy CDs every now and then but mostly stuff I really want and stuff I used to have but lost and want to own physically. We still have metal stores here, two or three in Athens I believe, they don't have a huge variety but they are decent. Nothing remotely close to the old days, of course. I exclusively order online myself though, even when it is from these stores.

edit: Empire is a great album, at 3 euros it is a steal.
16.09.2021 - 00:08
no one
I don't really see the need to pirate these days unless you're incredibly desperate to listen to a leaked album....or if your really really poor and can't afford Spotify or SoundCloud.
Usually if it's not available on Spotify or super cheap on Bandcamp Ill by the physical, I'll also buy the physical of anything special to me or if it means supporting the local vinyl store.
----
16.09.2021 - 00:20
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by no one on 16.09.2021 at 00:08

I don't really see the need to pirate these days unless you're incredibly desperate to listen to a leaked album....or if your really really poor and can't afford Spotify or SoundCloud.
Usually if it's not available on Spotify or super cheap on Bandcamp Ill by the physical, I'll also buy the physical of anything special to me or if it means supporting the local vinyl store.

The thing is: when you live in a country where the currency is 5 per us$, even one dollar can feel expensive. It feels like everything is 5 times the price outside the country.

But to be fair, nowadays I mostly stream on free sites such as youtube and bandcamp instead of pirating.
----
- Reimu Hakurei