Metal Storm logo
NFL

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 04.10.2006 - 06:52
Well, instead of limiting our football talk to just the American Metalstormers thread, I decided to just make a topic about it so that everyone can be included.

My favorite football team is the Seahawks and my favorite player is either Lofa Tatupu or Ken Hamlin. My team got bitch slapped by the Bears recently, but we did suffer from significant injuries.

Anyways, who's your favorite team and player?

Who do you guys see going to the Superbowl this year? It's kinda hard to predict because if a key player gets an injury, the team is basically screwed. I think the Colts have a good chance of finally making it, and will either play the Seahawks or the Bears. I doubt that the Steelers will repeat this year because they haven't looked all that great. Well, I can only hope.
29.07.2009 - 18:04
Stigmatized
I'm a longtime hater of the Atlanta Falcons, so naturally I hated Vick right away. Then after watching him play I grew to despise him solely. Then it turned out he was a dog fighter.....just an all around dislike for this guy that I have now.
01.08.2009 - 22:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by ß on 29.07.2009 at 17:12

I was never that fond of Vick either. Either way if he decides to come back or not It wont make a difference to me.

I'm sure if your most hated player joined your home team, it would make a difference to you And there is a REALLY big chance of that happening to me

Anyways, I'm glad Brett Favre decided to not come back and that Derrick Mason is coming back.
02.08.2009 - 19:02
ß
Problem?
Lol that must really suck for you At least wont join the teams I go for considering that they were bad last year to say the least. Seconded I'm glad to hear that Derrick Mason isn't retiring after all and Farve isn't returning
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
14.08.2009 - 19:20
ß
Problem?
Written by Dangerboner on 01.08.2009 at 22:29

Written by ß on 29.07.2009 at 17:12

I was never that fond of Vick either. Either way if he decides to come back or not It wont make a difference to me.

I'm sure if your most hated player joined your home team, it would make a difference to you And there is a REALLY big chance of that happening to me

Anyways, I'm glad Brett Favre decided to not come back and that Derrick Mason is coming back.

No need to worry because Vicks officially a Philadelphia Eagle.
----
15.08.2009 - 22:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Sweet, I've never liked the Eagles anyways
16.11.2009 - 08:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This thread is too quiet.

So the Bengals beat the Steelers again lmao I still think the Steelers are a better team, however, but with a division sweep by the Bengals, I'm not sure how the playoffs will look...

The Seahawks were up 14-0, but managed to lose 31-20. Good thing I slept through the first half

Since I had to work at 7 PM, I only managed to watch the first quarter of the Colts/Patriots game, but shit that game was epic! I predicted the Patriots to win, and they really should have, but because of either a technicality or a Belichick brain fart, the Colts pulled it off, thankfully. I'm too drunk and lazy atm to look at the schedule, but I hope the Colts play the Saints. Honestly, I don't think both undefeated teams will win the Super Bowl though.

And I did predict that the Broncos would fall fast. I have no trust in Orton. Ortfag? Fagton? Fuck I can't even think of an amusing way to rhyme with his name. That makes me hate him more -_-

The biggest surprises for me are the Bears and Packers. I guess the Bears' defense is hurt by missing players and the Packers' defense is hurt by a new coaching scheme, but those teams are really much better than their records. I feel bad for Rodgers - it wouldn't surprise me if he broke the record for sacks/hits on a QB, but he still produces. lmao seriously, injured QB's have no excuse, seeing as to how much punishment Rodgers takes and he's played every game so far.

I had a cool thought today. What if Randy Moss stayed with Minnesota? Imagine him with Favre and Peterson
17.11.2009 - 08:15
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Whhhoaa I remember this thread! So my boys are 9-0. Bil Belichick is an arrogant fuck, but what else is new? The Browns-Ravens game should have been on Comedy Central, and there are many other fun-filled surprises from this week. Here's my top 10 for the week.

1. Saints ( I have to...)
2. Colts
3. Vikings ( This teem needs to fucking lose more...)
4. Bengals
---
5. Cardinals ( I know...that's high...but they won this week, and I think they're grossly underestimated )
6. Chargers (Great win this week...they're starting to look like a real threat )
7. Steelers ( This is still the team to beat in the AFC )
8. Pats (Poor decisions, Pride, No Defense, and a Loss drop them to #8...Cartminez would agree )
---
9. Denver (It's not looking good for Denver)
10. Packers ( I don't know who else to put here...definitely not the Cowboys after their pathetic performance...)
----
Brujerizmo!
17.11.2009 - 08:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Denver was the luckiest team in the league. It was pretty obvious they'd begin losing.

What's wrong with the Giants? I haven't seen them play yet but I don't understand their losing streak.

Looks like Westbrook might be done. He got his second concussion in three weeks
17.11.2009 - 19:58
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Yeah...I think the Eagles are going to crash, although I don't know why they haven't used Vick more. I think the Giants were just suffering from the beating we laid on them lol...but I think think they'll win this week...especially after a much needed bye.

Let's do picks before Thursday!
----
Brujerizmo!
18.11.2009 - 07:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Okie:

Dolphins vs Panthers - I'll go with Carolina here. Their offense has improved dramatically and, with Ronnie Brown out, the Dolphins are screwed.

Steelers vs Chiefs - Chiefs don't stand a chance

Saints vs Bucs - Bucs don't stand a chance

Falcons vs Giants - This is the hardest pick for me. I really have no idea, but I'll go with NY since Atlanta doesn't have Turner.

Bills vs Jaguars - I thought for a minute, but Jacksonville has really stepped up their game. Buffalo just hired a new coach, and I don't think he'll have enough time to fix that mess of a team.

Colts vs Ravens - Indy won't stay undefeated all year, but they should win this game.

Seahawks vs Vikings - I don't think we have a chance against Minnesota's offense :/

Browns vs Lions - I think Detroit will destroy Cleveland. Seriously, they should just move that franchise to the CFL and forget they ever existed.

Redskins vs Cowboys - Dallas should get an easy rebound game against a pathetic team.

49ers vs Packers - Could be close, but SF will probably freeze their gay little asses off at Lambeau.

Cardinals vs Rams - I don't know what happened to Bulger, but he just forgot how to play. Arizona should get an easy win here.

Jets vs Patriots - NE should have won against Indy, but I think they'll get their revenge against NY.

Bengals vs Raiders - The Raiders are a joke. Isn't Garcia on the team? Why don't they start him?

Eagles vs Bears - Last time Cutler had a shitty game, he rebounded nicely. But, even with Philly's injuries, I think Chicago will lose. It should be a close game.

Titans vs Texans - Houston's D won't be able to handle Chris Johnson. I predict a very high scoring game with Tennessee on top.
19.11.2009 - 01:51
Konrad
Mormon Storm
*Miami v. Carolina - Panthers. Despite their record, this team plays tough football. They have one of the best backs in the NFC and Julius Peppers. I think it will be a great game thurs. night. Look out for the Miami offensive coordinator, who has a vendetta against the Carolina coach. He got fired and took all of the heat when he left Carolina. I still give this game to the Panthers.

^Wash. @ Dallas - Cowboys. Although the Skins exposed a surprisingly mediocre Denver team and the cowboys performance was inexcusable last week, I refuse to pick the Redskins. Dallas needs to win this game if they want any decent shot at the playoffs.

^^^^^^^^^Cleveland @ Detroit - Lions. The Browns have a good defense and play until the end of the game, but their offense is just fucking terrible. There are 4 teams with only 1 win. The Lions are in the better half of these teams.

*San Fran @ Green Bay - 49ers. I like their defense, Alex Smith and Frank Gore, as I'm a huge UM fan. My cousin also plays for the University of Utah. The weather is most likely the biggest factor in this game.

Pittsburgh @ KC - Steelers. Remember, they're not the Chiefs...they're the CHEFS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3gYApfUsaQ

*Atlanta @ NYG - Giants. Atl. doesn't have Turner and Giants are coming off a Bye week and are at home. I think they've finally recovered from the asswhooping we laid on them 6 weeks ago.

New Orleans @ Tampa Bay - Saints. We can't afford any more injuries.

Buffalo @ Jax - Jaguars. The Bills are worse than the Rams and Lions IMO...and the Jags are starting to turn it around. Jones-Drew will run all over them. Jags are also fighting for a playoff berth.

Indy @ Balt. - Colts. Baltimore has failed to impress me this year. Although they're known for having a good defense, it's not good enough to keep Manning and Co. from outscoring them.

*Seattle @ Minnesota - Seahawks. Seattle is an incredibly inconsistent team...but they're also very talented. I'm hoping they'll play out of their minds so that the Saints can have a little bit of leeway for Home Field advantage. This is obviously my big upset game of the week, and there are upsets every week.

Arizona @ St. Louis - Arizona. St. Louis also ranks in the top half of the 1 win teams, and has a highly underestimated run game...but people forget Arizona played in the Super Bowl last year, and almost won. This team will continue to rise.

NYJ @ N.E. - Pats. Revenge game at home. 'Nuff said.

Cincinnati @ Oakland - Bengals. The Bengals are the most improved team of the year, and have the third best record in the NFL. Oakland is the worst team in the NFL. After last weeks loss to the Chefs, I don't know if anyone can even dispute this.

*San Diego @ Denver - Chargers. The Altitude is difficult but that hasn't stopped other teams. Denver is falling apart, and the Chargers are on the rise. I think this trend will continue. Pyro, you forgot to pick this one

Phila @ Chi-town - Eagles. Westbrook is out, but if Reed would learn to play Michael Vick when they need him the Eagles should be able to beat the fading Bears. Weather won't matter here. This game could go either way...

*Tennessee @ Houston - Titans. With VY in the game, the Titans have not lost. Although people may say the Titans don't have a shot at the playoffs this year, I disagree. They could get a Bye if they win out...although this isn't probable, it is if you're on the Team. They're going to play every game like it's their last. Additionally, I don't think the Texans are as good as people are saying. This game will be proof.

*Potentially good games.

^Potentially awful games.
----
Brujerizmo!
19.11.2009 - 05:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think you're the only person who likes Alex Smith

Oh, oops. Uhhh

Chargers vs Broncos - I'm too lazy to check how injured Orton is, but I don't think it matters because San Diego will win. I fucking hate Rivers and I hope Dumervil gets a few hits on him.

It's about time the Raiders benched Russell. I actually used to like that guy, but somehow he just got worse. I'm not impressed with Gradkowski either but it's not like he can do any worse.

One thing that confuses me is Fitzpatrick starting over Edwards. I have no idea what's going on in Buffalo since I haven't been able to watch any of their games yet, but Edwards was pretty good last year.

Two starters on Seattle's secondary, Trufant and Wilson, have concussions. There's no way we'll win
26.11.2009 - 18:12
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Ok, so last week I was 11-5 and you were 13-3. We're just as good as the "experts". I can't fucking believe the Chefs won! Ok...well it's thanksgiving and I'll give you my three picks for today:

Packers @ Lions - Packers (I will always cheer for the Lions on thanksgiving...this is no exception)
Raiders @ Cowboys - Cowboys (Raiders are still horrible, despite their win last week)
Giants @ Broncos - Giants (This is going to be an interesting game. Very tough to pick...but I think Denver will continue to fade)
----
Brujerizmo!
01.12.2009 - 09:45
Konrad
Mormon Storm
11-EAUX!
----
Brujerizmo!
01.12.2009 - 11:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm not even going to try to predict next week because of the injuries. Both of my starting fantasy QB's have concussions (Warner and Roethlisberger), so I had to drop two players (Malcolm Floyd and Johnny Knox) and signed Ryan Fitzpatrick, who had a great game, and Matt Leinart. Somehow I won

Personally, I'd prefer to see Leinart play. I hate seeing potential being wasted on the bench and honestly, anyone would be able to throw to Arizona's receivers Warner's concussion related vision problems sound a little scary so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play this week.

Seeing Dixon play for Pittsburgh was actually really cool. That guy was a beast in college.
03.12.2009 - 09:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Fuck it, I'm bored at work:

Jets vs Bills - This should be a very sloppy game offensively, so I think the Jets' defense will win the game for them.

Rams vs Bears - Cutler should rebound nicely against the shitty Rams and Forte could finally have a good running game.

Broncos vs Chiefs - The Broncos' defense should shut down the Chiefs easily.

Titans vs Colts - This Colts win should hopefully make Vince Young fans shut the fuck up.

Eagles vs Falcons - No Westbrook and no Jackson for the Eagles means no Eagles win, despite the Falcons not having Ryan.

Patriots vs Dolphins - High scoring game here... look for Brady to explode.

Saints vs Redskins - I really want this win for Zorn, but I don't see it being a possibility.

Raiders vs Steelers - Because fuck the Raiders

Bucs vs Panthers - I'm not just predicting an upset, but a large margin of victory for the Bucs.

Texans vs Jaguars - JD is gonna go off on the Texans.

Lions vs Bengals - Benson is baaaaack

Chargers vs Browns - Chargers win 100-0 (edit: oh wait, they're playing in Cleveland, so it might not be as brutal as I thought)

Cowboys vs Giants - I still have no idea what's wrong with the Giants' offense, but the Cowboys should win fairly easily.

49ers vs Seahawks - Forsett has looked good all year and I think our awesome pass rush will psych Alex Smith out.

Vikings vs Cardinals - The Cardinals are lucky they don't have to play in Minnesota, but they still won't win. I'm predicting a close game.

Ravens vs Packers - GB is the most underrated team in the NFL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you guys can help me out with my fantasy football team this week because I'm having a lot of trouble. Note that Johnny Knox (I had to release him to sign a quarterback really quick), Hakeem Nicks, Carnell Williams, Torry Holt, Chester Taylor, and Justin Fargas are still available as free agents. I was going to provide a screen shot, but my work browser settings won't allow it, so here's my team:

QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
WR - Miles Austin
WR - Steve Smith (NYG)
WR - Malcolm Floyd
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Felix Jones
TE - Tony Gonzalez
W/R - Derrick Mason (I can put any WR or RB in this slot)
K - Matt Prater
DEF - New York Jets

BENCH:

Steve Slaton (inured?)
Steve Smith (Car)
Matt Leinart
Kurt Warner (injured?)
Reggie Bush (injured?)
Jeremy Shockey
Indianapolis defense

I'm not exactly sure who to start. Slaton is having a disappointing year and I have no idea what to do with Felix Jones since Dallas has three playable RBs. Normally I wouldn't start Floyd, but he's playing Cleveland, while Mason is playing GB.
05.12.2009 - 09:33
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I don't do the fantasy thing...but I can say that Bush will most likely play, as well as Shockey. Either way I'm going to just tell you the pics of your I don't agree on, since I'm too lazy to type them all. Basically...if I don't mention it, I agree.

Ok...I think the Colts will win but I like Vince Young and think he's a great QB. He'll make it a good game.

Falcons don't have Turner either...Eagles win.

Definitely a Panthers win.

I think the Texans will win.

I always get my Giants' picks wrong...but I'm going to say that they beat the Cowboys...hence, they probably won't.

49ers...Seahawks have fallen apart.
----
Brujerizmo!
06.12.2009 - 00:05
ß
Problem?
I agree with most of those picks. The only differences for me would probably be Panthers over Bucs and Cards over Vikings. Sadly I can't see the Giants winning even if they're at home.
----
06.12.2009 - 10:20
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Cards Vikings is the game of the week no doubt.
----
Brujerizmo!
07.12.2009 - 14:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This was a weird week... wtf is wrong with the Steelers? Anyways, I'm happy cuz the Hawks beat the 49ers.
08.12.2009 - 09:22
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Seahawks are so unpredictable. The Saints-Skins game was fucking ridiculous. I love Meachem! Anyways...Steelers need to get healthy if they want to even make the playoffs. Vikings also had their star linebacker injured.../out for the season. I'll do my pics for this week.

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland - Steelers
New Orleans @ Atlanta - Saints
Green Bay @ Chicago - Packers
New York Jets @ Tampa Bay - Jets
Miami @ Jacksonville - Dolphins
Detroit @ Baltimore - Ravens
Seattle @ Houston - Texans (I want to pick the Seahawks but I just can't)
Denver @ Indianapolis - Colts
Buffalo @ Kansas City - Chefs!
Cincinnati @ Minnesota - Bengals
Carolina @ New England - Patriots
Washington @ Oakland - Redskins (shitfest!)
St. Louis @ Tennessee - Titans
San Diego @ Dallas - Chargers (The Chargers will be the death of Indianapolis in the playoffs)
Philadelphia @ New York Giants - ??? Very difficult...Giants ????
Arizona @ San Francisco - Cardinals

Word. Geaux Saints!
----
Brujerizmo!
08.12.2009 - 13:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Pittsburgh vs Cleveland - Well, I dunno about this one. I'd think it would be a no brainer, but Pitt lost to the Chiefs and Raiders so who knows.

New Orleans vs Atlanta - Even if Ryan returns, I doubt the Falcons can win

Buffalo vs Kansas City - Both quarterbacks looked like shit last Sunday but I don't think I could ever predict a Chiefs win

Detroit vs Baltimore - Flacco should redeem himself this week against a weak Detroit defense

NYJ vs Tampa Bay - The Jets defense should tear the Bucs apart

Miami vs Jacksonville - I'm going for the Jaguars because they have more offensive weapons

Cincinnati vs Minnesota - Not sure what's up with Peterson, but I still think the Vikings are the best in the league

Green Bay vs Chicago - The Packers are one of the hottest teams in football right now, and Chicago doesn't really have anything going for them

Denver vs Indianapolis - Colts are just too good

Seattle vs Houston - I think both quarterbacks are going to play hurt, and I'm not sure if Slaton will be back, but I'll say the Seahawks win in the highest scoring game of the week

Carolina vs New England - Tough one for me, but I'll say the Panthers will win, but it'll be close

Washington vs Oakland - lol I don't wanna watch this

St. Louis vs Titans - Blowout

San Diego vs Dallas - This should be a good game and a tough call, but I'll go for Dallas

Philadelphia vs Giants - Another tough call, but I'll go for NY... Vick won't get lucky again

Arizona vs San Francisco - I really really hope the 49ers win because it'll be good for Seattle, but I doubt it'll happen
11.12.2009 - 03:41
Konrad
Mormon Storm
This video is AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzbIt37FVo

Who Dat!?
----
Brujerizmo!
13.12.2009 - 00:12
Konrad
Mormon Storm
The Steelers are fucking terrible. Wow.
----
Brujerizmo!
14.12.2009 - 11:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, I don't know what generally makes me happier - the Seahawks winning or the Steelers losing to crappy teams constantly when they only have a handful of injuries.
17.12.2009 - 17:59
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Grrr...my home state team plays the Steelers Sunday...Packers have won 5 in a row, Steelers have lost 5 in row...tough one to pick,,,,
----
rekt
17.12.2009 - 18:05
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Sad news:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615
----
rekt
21.12.2009 - 08:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah that's a really bizarre story. I doubt it was a suicide though because it just seems unlikely that someone with as much money as him would choose to kill himself by jumping out of a truck.

Anyways, I wasn't able to watch football for the second week in a row. Some crazy stats I just saw - Roethlisberger 503 yds passing and J. Harrison 286 yds rushing!
29.12.2009 - 06:46
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I lol'd at the Dallas vs. Washington result. I know it's Washington but how does a team go through an entire game without scoring even as much as a field goal?

The Vikings/Bears game at the moment sure is exciting! It looks cold there too.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
29.12.2009 - 06:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah too bad I'm at work and can't watch it -_-

I feel so bad for Zorn. The fact that they rebuked his playcalling privileges is fucking ridiculous. They literally took some dude who worked at a bowling alley and hired him to call every offensive play. It seems like people have Zorn's back though, especially Mike Holmgren who called out the organization on some radio show for doing that. Dude's probably fired, but I think he's a good coach. He was our QB coach for years and helped Hasselbeck become one of the better QB's in the league literally out of nowhere... until he started sucking again...