Metal Storm logo
Metallica & Lou Reed - New Song Online

"The View", the second track from the upcoming new album Lulu, created by the musical collaboration between Lou Reed and Metallica, is now streaming online at this location. You can also listen to it below. Lulu is set to be released on October 31st everywhere else except for North America, where it will be released on November 1st. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: loureedmetallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 26.09.2011 by Account deleted

Comments page 3 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 129   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 535 users
26.09.2011 - 23:12
Fallen'Angel
As bad as St.Anger is, this is worse beyond belief .. im pretty sure the entire album will be painful to listen to, its gonna cause agonizing headaches. Just like someone said before, can't believe that these are the very same people that made Master of Puppets.
----
Im Your Source of Self-Destruction !
26.09.2011 - 23:17
juanopereira
What a terrible song. It's so anoying!!
26.09.2011 - 23:34
SauradipGhosh
I AM THE TABLE. Seriously I would listen to Justin Bieber over this.
26.09.2011 - 23:46
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
This sing is horrible and boring ! I would give it an 2/10!

Well, back to Master of Puppets right now!
26.09.2011 - 23:52
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by malaikat on 26.09.2011 at 16:59

Improved version of The View

This is the best thing that will come out of the whole MetalLouca project.
27.09.2011 - 00:30
Rupert
Oh Lou Reed...
27.09.2011 - 00:33
bj_waters
Written by Moose on 26.09.2011 at 19:33

...but to everyone having a go at the lyrics/storytelling style, you obviously missed the part at the beginning saying about them being inspired by hundred year old plays by Frank Wedekind.

Finally. I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. (According to Wikipedia) Wedekind was a very controversial playwright for his time by depicting violence and sexuality directly on stage. It's one-time innovators working with another one-time innovator to sing about a third one-time innovator. Deal with it.

That being said, i quite liked the song. Rather doomy, actually. I was hesitant before but now that I've heard this song, I'm pretty interested. It's kind of tiring when people complain that Metallica doesn't sound like 1986 anymore. They've obviously moved on, doing what they want to do. At least admit that you're being narrow-minded when it comes to their new stuff. I personally think Death Magnetic was their best effort since Ride the Lightning (but then I also think that Master of Puppets is overrated, so . . . . . yeah).

Written by Veil of Maya on 26.09.2011 at 19:37

BRILLIANT!
27.09.2011 - 00:56
Fallen'Angel
Quote:
They've obviously moved on

No, they didn't just move on, they simply suck now and are totally incapable of making music.
----
Im Your Source of Self-Destruction !
27.09.2011 - 01:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Fallen'Angel on 27.09.2011 at 00:56
No, they didn't just move on, they simply suck now and are totally incapable of making music.

Seeing as it was Lou Reed who wrote all the music on the album, I think that's going a bit too far...
27.09.2011 - 01:32
ANGEL REAPER
I AM THE TABLE!
you cant beat that....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.09.2011 - 01:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 27.09.2011 at 01:32

I AM THE TABLE!
you cant beat that....

Wrong! You quite easily could, with a chainsaw, or sledgehammer, or circle saw, or..... hehe
27.09.2011 - 01:39
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.09.2011 at 01:34

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 27.09.2011 at 01:32

I AM THE TABLE!
you cant beat that....

Wrong! You quite easily could, with a chainsaw, or sledgehammer, or circle saw, or..... hehe

now seriously ...because of this things people have invented side projects...(for not ruining your reputation when you go experimenting)
but what do i know...
I AM THE TABLE!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.09.2011 - 01:48
Thrash Attack
I have got to say this album is gonna suck probabaly such a shame too from such a good band o well I still got my Megadeth and Anthrax.
27.09.2011 - 01:52
Bakakas
Big question!!! New Metallica or new Queensryche???
27.09.2011 - 02:57
mgroulx
Well for sure i aint looking foward for New Metallica anymore after earing that new one ''The View''. New Megadeth album should be very interesting!
27.09.2011 - 03:55
Stabby
Account deleted
Initially I was a little pissed off at the pretentious and boring crap that is The View, but then I realized the comedic potential. Oh man, you guys make me laugh, love it. That will be what Metallica is good for these days - ridicule and memes.

I AM THE TABLE!!1
27.09.2011 - 04:01
Definitely not as bad as people say, but certainly deserves a scathing remark. Maybe I wasn't expecting much cohesion between the two parties in the first place, but this is definitely not as terrible as say, Morbid Angel's newest in my opinion (which I had rather high expectations for, perhaps foolishly). I think Lou and Metallica just don't go together, but it's an interesting experiment and I will definitely listen to the album to see what these guys come up with.
27.09.2011 - 04:38
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.09.2011 - 04:55
Moose
Written by malaikat on 26.09.2011 at 22:56

*Disclaimer: Not a fanboy defending Metallica, nor do I love the song*

...but to everyone having a go at the lyrics/storytelling style, you obviously missed the part at the beginning saying about them being inspired by hundred year old plays by Frank Wedekind.

What's that got to do with the song being shitty? Also, they are in no way the first band/artist to take a book and make a concept album out of it. I mean, "Paradise Lost" alone has at least a 100 albums dedicated to it. Even "Necronomicon" has a bunch of his own albums, and "Necronomicon" doesn't even exist.

"I am the table" for example. Obviously a metaphor/symbolism of some kind, relating to Wedekind's plays.
That's my first thought, not "OMG, I am the table! That's so stupid, you can't be a table James.. Metallica suck".

I personally believe this guys got it about right, and has given it a fair, unbiased review:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/headbang-blogpost.aspx?post=f4b873e9-f213-42fb-9e62-9725d6ce12f9
27.09.2011 - 05:21
ParL
On sale October 31? they actually plan on sellgin this? =/
----
"What you do in life, echoes in Eternity"
27.09.2011 - 05:51
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Elite
I like the song it seems like it's going to be a good album, it's not bad at all it's quite a heavy quiet song
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
27.09.2011 - 06:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
What is this garbage.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.09.2011 - 07:11
Evil Chip
Written by Moose on 27.09.2011 at 04:55

Written by malaikat on 26.09.2011 at 22:56

*Disclaimer: Not a fanboy defending Metallica, nor do I love the song*

What's that got to do with the song being shitty? Also, they are in no way the first band/artist to take a book and make a concept album out of it. I mean, "Paradise Lost" alone has at least a 100 albums dedicated to it. Even "Necronomicon" has a bunch of his own albums, and "Necronomicon" doesn't even exist.

"I am the table" for example. Obviously a metaphor/symbolism of some kind, relating to Wedekind's plays.
That's my first thought, not "OMG, I am the table! That's so stupid, you can't be a table James.. Metallica suck".

I personally believe this guys got it about right, and has given it a fair, unbiased review:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/headbang-blogpost.aspx?post=f4b873e9-f213-42fb-9e62-9725d6ce12f9

Doen't matter the concept lying behind it. A metaphor works when the relation of the meaning behind and the image appeal some sense of beauty or whatever. This just sounds stupid. I am the table will sound stupid even if under its poetic image lays the true meaning of life. The relation is retarded, ergo they are retarded.
27.09.2011 - 08:03
moribun
The first few minutes are just wasted!
27.09.2011 - 08:05
Fredd
Account deleted
You are a table.
27.09.2011 - 08:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I never could stand Lou Reed's vocals...the music is bland and boring...I can't see this album being too popular...let's just hope the new album that Metallica is working on in 2012 is better than Lulu...although, you can't judge Lulu on JUST ONE SONG...

Also, why do bands think its sooo cool to put albums out on Halloween...that is poseresque...
27.09.2011 - 09:21
JCJen7
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2011 at 18:08

Written by Guest on 26.09.2011 at 17:44

Metallica's replacement in the Big 4:

Exodus or Testament?

No replacement in the big four, sigh. You do know what the big four stands for?

no!!! not this again!
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
27.09.2011 - 09:21
MetalExec
This is absolute crap. Death Magnetic was a step back in the right direction and then they let Lou Reed drag them down. Ugh.
I am skipping this one.
27.09.2011 - 13:10
ANGEL REAPER
Pfffft TABLES!
----
27.09.2011 - 13:21
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.09.2011 at 08:05

You are a table.

No, you are.

Hits total: 8532 | This month: 17