Metal Storm logo
Metallica & Lou Reed - New Song Online

"The View", the second track from the upcoming new album Lulu, created by the musical collaboration between Lou Reed and Metallica, is now streaming online at this location. You can also listen to it below. Lulu is set to be released on October 31st everywhere else except for North America, where it will be released on November 1st. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: loureedmetallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 26.09.2011 by Account deleted

Comments page 4 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 129   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 535 users
27.09.2011 - 13:39
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Irritable Ted on 27.09.2011 at 11:12

the best thing in this video is when Hitler is calm and say "ok fuck Anthrax "...I have even more laughed than the time i heard "I am the table" ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.09.2011 - 13:46
Panterica
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?!
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
27.09.2011 - 14:07
malaikat
Written by Moose on 27.09.2011 at 04:55

"I am the table" for example. Obviously a metaphor/symbolism of some kind, relating to Wedekind's plays.
That's my first thought, not "OMG, I am the table! That's so stupid, you can't be a table James.. Metallica suck".

I personally believe this guys got it about right, and has given it a fair, unbiased review:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/headbang-blogpost.aspx?post=f4b873e9-f213-42fb-9e62-9725d6ce12f9

Yes, it's a metaphor. A bad one. A metaphor isn't good just because it's a metaphor.
That's MSN. And the guy said that "Don't thread on me" is worst song than "The View". I fail to see the fairness and objectivity.
27.09.2011 - 15:05
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.09.2011 at 13:21

Written by Guest on 27.09.2011 at 08:05

You are a table.

No, you are.

Shut up, table. Tables don't talk.
27.09.2011 - 15:24
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.09.2011 at 15:05

You are a table.

No, you are.

WTF!? you can talk!? you must be a Supertable
27.09.2011 - 16:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Haha, the video with Hitler's reaction is quite funny, but i sadly agree with the last bit.. "what would Cliff say about this?"... it seems that Metallica piss on their metal legacy a third time it seems.
27.09.2011 - 16:16
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Valentin B on 27.09.2011 at 16:01

Haha, the video with Hitler's reaction is quite funny, but i sadly agree with the last bit.. "what would Cliff say about this?"... it seems that Metallica piss on their metal legacy a third time it seems.

yeah i agree with you...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.09.2011 - 16:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I dont know what makes people so sure they know how Cliff would feel about Metallica's output after he died. Cliff was actually the least "metal" out of any of the guys in Metallica when he was alive...
27.09.2011 - 16:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.09.2011 at 16:26

I dont know what makes people so sure they know how Cliff would feel about Metallica's output after he died. Cliff was actually the least "metal" out of any of the guys in Metallica when he was alive...

but just as Marcel mentioned, he never gave a shit about trends and kept doing his own thing, which is what Metallica was originally about: not playing cheesy glam rock, but instead playing this very (for the time) abrasive, strange and violent music called thrash metal. i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been ok with them changing to a much more commercial style (self-titled and Load), then changing to ridiculous sounding nu metal (which also happened to be in style at the time), and now releasing this shit.

thank god Mustaine has got over his Metallica issues, and won't try to surpass them anymore in whatever musical direction they take.
27.09.2011 - 17:09
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.09.2011 at 15:24

Written by Guest on 27.09.2011 at 15:05

You are a table.

No, you are.

WTF!? you can talk!? you must be a Supertable

And this is how a meme is born. (also, when a mommy and a daddy kiss while holding each other's hands)
27.09.2011 - 17:12
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Valentin B on 27.09.2011 at 16:53

Written by Angelic Storm on 27.09.2011 at 16:26

but just as Marcel mentioned, he never gave a shit about trends and kept doing his own thing, which is what Metallica was originally about: not playing cheesy glam rock, but instead playing this very (for the time) abrasive, strange and violent music called thrash metal. i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been ok with them changing to a much more commercial style (self-titled and Load), then changing to ridiculous sounding nu metal (which also happened to be in style at the time), and now releasing this shit.

thank god Mustaine has got over his Metallica issues, and won't try to surpass them anymore in whatever musical direction they take.

i believe that Dave is now laughing like never in his lifetime(especially if he read this) ..but what do i know.. i am just a table ..;D
----
27.09.2011 - 17:22
Yavanna
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 27.09.2011 at 17:12

i believe that Dave is now laughing like never in his lifetime(especially if he read this) ..but what do i know.. i am just a table ..;D

I cannot help myself thinking in Dave's reaction... he must be laughing so hard, or at least he said "WTF? I think he should read the comments in Metallica's facebook, then yes, he would laugh as never in his lifetime
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
27.09.2011 - 18:53
arwestromen
WTF is this? this is so bad it's making me laugh
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
27.09.2011 - 19:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Evil Chip on 27.09.2011 at 07:11
The relation is retarded, ergo they are retarded.

Please tell me you said that in the voice of The Architect.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.09.2011 - 19:33
Angelic Storm
Melodious

James never cared about trends either. (Read his scathing remarks about Lars and Kirk when discussing the change of the band's image during the "Load" era for an example of this.) Although no-one, including me, can state with any authority what Cliff would have thought about Metallica's sound changes from the black album onwards, I think it's safe to assume at the very least, that he'd have had no qualms with Metallica stepping out of the confines of thrash metal. In actual fact, I think Cliff was actually one of the founding reasons that Metallica took on a more progressive, and melodic sound from "Ride The Lightning" onwards. I highly doubt a song like "The Call Of Ktulu" would have came into being for Metallica, if not for Cliff's input. As early as the 2nd album, Metallica were already establishing themselves as a force of nature outwith the boundaries of basic thrash metal, and I think the outside (of metal) influences that Cliff brought to the table had to be a major reason for that happening.

In any case, trying to talk on behalf of a dead man is a bit silly, and I think the people who do it are belittling Cliff as much as anything else. One thing I think I can safely say though, is knowing Cliff's love for classical music, Im sure he'd have loved to have been part of the S&M project that Metallica did with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. That would have been a huge thrill for him to be part of Im sure.

As for Dave Mustaine, well, he has never fully been able to shake off the more commercial sound he adopted after The Black Album. Though yes, I can't imagine him doing anything as terrible as "Lulu"... Any of the songs from "Risk" are of "Peace Sells" type quality, compared to "The View".
27.09.2011 - 20:02
Evil Chip
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.09.2011 at 19:12

Written by Evil Chip on 27.09.2011 at 07:11
The relation is retarded, ergo they are retarded.

Please tell me you said that in the voice of The Architect.

Well saying ergo makes my voice instantly turn to The Architect tone.
27.09.2011 - 20:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 27.09.2011 at 20:11

If I'm going to be a table, at least make it a cool one.

That just made me spit out my juice!
27.09.2011 - 20:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Irritable Ted on 27.09.2011 at 20:27

Wooooo trippy dude.

Funny... the very first thing I said to myself when I saw the table changing sizes was : "I so want to trip with that shit."
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.09.2011 - 20:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 27.09.2011 at 20:27
Sorry about that. It is a cool table though. I can see if they do concerts with this song, big TV screens at the sides of the stage, showing this over and over again. Wooooo trippy dude.

hehe, that's quite okay. I need a good laugh anyways.

It is a good table! Looking at that, I think I can actually understand now why James wants to be one...
27.09.2011 - 23:46
Berserk
Yeah, this is pretty bad...
----
Fear the Old Blood
28.09.2011 - 00:44
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Alright, well from the 30 second clip. I didn't think it sounded that bad. But after hearing that the entire fucking song is just like that 30 second clip, I can say that I'm disappointed.
28.09.2011 - 09:34
moribun
This should have been named "The worst collaboration ever - Don't waste your money"
28.09.2011 - 15:41
Void Eater
Account deleted
28.09.2011 - 22:56
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 28.09.2011 at 15:41

post this under the funny stuff thread please...
----
29.09.2011 - 01:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.09.2011 at 22:56

Nothing wrong with it here - it's completely relevant.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.09.2011 - 02:00
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.09.2011 at 01:30

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you are, please edit your message to sarcasm font.
29.09.2011 - 02:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 29.09.2011 at 02:00
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you are, please edit your message to sarcasm font.

It was in non-sarcastic font. My sarcasm is more obvious than that. Sometimes.

(In case it's still ambiguous, the pic is fine in this thread.)
----
29.09.2011 - 13:06
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 29.09.2011 at 02:00

Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.09.2011 at 01:30

no really... post it there also...its awesome...
----
01.10.2011 - 17:51
Roro
HAHAHAHAHAA omg!! ur posts made me laugh as hell!! i never had this much laughing HAHAHAHAA
u should remove this topic to the funny section
04.10.2011 - 22:45
What an awful song. I've already ranted about it on the album page so I wont repeat myself, but god this made me cringe!
----
THRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!

Hits total: 8534 | This month: 19