Metal Storm logo
Looking for instrumental Progressive metal bands

Original post

Posted by ylside, 11.10.2006 - 22:59
Exactly, I would really be grateful if you can show me some prog bands with no vocals. I really enjoy Gordian Knot, Continuo Renacer and Liquid Tension Experiment, if you know anything similar...
29.07.2011 - 11:29
alless
Animals As Leaders .... theyr Great
29.07.2011 - 14:47
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
I don't listen to progressive metal, but I'll second the Liquid Tension Experiment.
29.07.2011 - 16:08
TheBigRossowski
Long Distance Calling might be exactly what you're looking for. It's kind of... ehhhh, prog metal or "post-rock". Highly enjoyable though! They've opened for Opeth before, great show, man.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
30.07.2011 - 17:06
Pennywise213
Account deleted
Gordian Knot is a progressive jazz metal group with former Cynic musiscian. Other band is Blotted Science progressive death metal with former Watchtower musician.
15.02.2012 - 05:15
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
I apologize if this has been mentioned before. Good progressive/post-rock stuff from 2010:

----
rekt
09.04.2012 - 05:42
Check out my solo EP album. Most of the songs are instrumental prog metal.
Enjoy:
http://apotheosis666.bandcamp.com/
09.04.2012 - 20:56
Grody2themax
Ars Nova: Keyboard driven prog metal sort of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJhZdxRPnjE&feature=related
09.04.2012 - 23:19
Mattybu
If nobody has mentioned it yet, Step in Fluid is an awesome, jazzy, groovy, and kind of progressive instrumental band. Sex in ear pussy.
24.04.2012 - 03:04
joaquin
You can also try the band Inner Quest
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn
26.04.2012 - 00:46
TrollandDie
Blotted Science and Spastik Ink will both leave your cerebrum in pieces.

Awsome stuff.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
26.04.2012 - 18:18
red bazar
Hi, we're not a major act (yet) but if you want good, powerful, melodic instrumental prog music check us out. You can find us on itunes, Amazon or at www.redbazar.co.uk
30.04.2012 - 22:03
Ive been into Animals as Leaders and Chimp Spanner as of late
30.04.2012 - 22:16
The Turbanator
Toundra is another excellent band :

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
12.05.2012 - 11:29
Moose
Here's a great band I found the other day by the name of "Save Us From The Archon".
Slightly djenty (but not overly so), and really technical.
Oh and the album is available for free (legally).

24.05.2012 - 04:01
simonwood44
Hey man, great to see someone else looking for instrumental prog bands! It's such a fine style of metal - You can put it on and feel challenged, moved and intrigued - but still focus on other things because the showmanship of a frontman is not there to get in the way. It's about the music man! haha.

Here's a group you may just enjoy! Hope this is the kind of thing you're looking for

http://kettlespider.bandcamp.com
----
KETTLESPIDER

The fresh faces of Prog Metal in Australia!

The anticipated debut album 'Avadante' is coming - April 2012
09.08.2012 - 22:57
DavidBurns
I found a couple of progressive metal instrumental projects on here yesterday in the suggestions page, they aren't well known and are very fresh and new

Mendel:
https://www.facebook.com/Mendelian <--- one guy that writes all the music and plays it all himself I think, doesn't disclose anything like location or anything

Angel Vivaldi:
http://www.myspace.com/angelvivaldi <--- Neoclassical Instrumental Metal, probably one of the best things I have came across in a while
----
Never rate anything a 10 because there is always so much more to come. If I ever rate anything a 10 don't hesitate to slap me :P
10.08.2012 - 02:22
Crucifux
Account deleted
Written by DavidBurns on 09.08.2012 at 22:57

Doesn't disclose anything like location or anything

Actually, I think the guy lives somewhere in Holland. Not 100% sure though.
10.08.2012 - 03:00
Sync
Account deleted
Guessin' this has already been said but anyway, Scale the Summit are a great band. Here's 'Glacial Planet' off their 'Carving Desert Canyons' album:
10.08.2012 - 21:09
DavidBurns
Written by Guest on 10.08.2012 at 02:22

Written by DavidBurns on 09.08.2012 at 22:57

Doesn't disclose anything like location or anything

Actually, I think the guy lives somewhere in Holland. Not 100% sure though.

Yeah that's just guessing from looking through his page though
----
Never rate anything a 10 because there is always so much more to come. If I ever rate anything a 10 don't hesitate to slap me :P
10.08.2012 - 21:10
DavidBurns
Written by Guest on 10.08.2012 at 03:00

Guessin' this has already been said but anyway, Scale the Summit are a great band

Agreed!
----
21.08.2012 - 01:09
adammarko82
Check this out:

SPECIAL PROVIDENCE (instrumental progressive fusion metal)

one of the most well-known and appriciated progressive jazzrock group in the central/eastern european market with their virtuoso, yet easily digestable style. Having an approach, by putting music as a priority over virtosistic individualisim, allows the band to represent a unique music, a mixture of the modern jazz, progressive-rock-metal, electronic styles in a new light. They are undoubtable a band highly recommended, with their huge dynamic stagepresonce and aura for any listerner to digest.

Below the link you can hear their brand new album and a recently realased videoclip:

http://soundcloud.com/specialprovidence/sets/soul-alert-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8ZseWBt-8&feature=g-all-u

www.facebook.com/SpecialProvidence
www.myspace.com/specialprovidencehu
www.youtube.com/specialprovidence
07.10.2012 - 21:11
Tytanium
Great thread, I went through to check out some of the bands and to see if I could offer some input.

Already mentioned that I knew of:

Animals As Leaders - great band, now with two albums and a single.
Blotted Science: Awesome stuff, I don't know how they do it.
Indukti: someone mentioned this band....they are worth mentioning again. There are a couple songs with vocals but they are mostly instrumental. Amazing stuff with some Jazz influence on their second album (track: The Ninth Wave)

The only instrumental band I haven't seen mentioned is, Irepress, Check out their first two albums Samus Octology (favorite tracks: Pah No and June Ipper) and Sol Eye Sea I (favorite tracks: Entanglement and Cyette Phiur)
08.10.2012 - 22:24
baldur
Irepress is great indeed
09.10.2012 - 22:19
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by baldur on 08.10.2012 at 22:24

Irepress is great indeed

they aren't prog! wrong thread brother!
----
rekt
09.10.2012 - 22:28
baldur
I cant describe what kind of music they play, but it sure is progressive. listen to samus octology
09.10.2012 - 22:44
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by baldur on 09.10.2012 at 22:28

I cant describe what kind of music they play, but it sure is progressive. listen to samus octology

Not to get in a flame war here, I have always respected your musical tastes Baldur - we have the same likes - I just feel Irepress is more 'post' than "prog". Regardless, an excellent band indeed.
----
rekt
09.10.2012 - 23:57
baldur
Yeah lets just agree that they are awesome

i dont know if "Don Caballero" fits the metal term but they do some fucked up instrumental stuff.. gotta check them out
30.10.2012 - 10:05
R Lewis
Try "Angel Vivaldi". They play a great instrumental prog / djent. They've been recently added to MetalStorm.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
30.10.2012 - 22:19
JÄY
Metal slave
I second Blotted Science
02.11.2012 - 16:01
VitunVirtsa
Howdy!

Here is one nice instrumental song live from band called Virtuocity... not sure do they exist anymore but I'm big fan!

http://youtu.be/8nx5zcPtqg0

Song is "Northern Twilight Sympony"!

Rooooock,
VTS