Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity

15.10.2006 - 04:17
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
This Band is truly a great and unique band all of it's own. They play a style that I've never really heard besides them. I've been a fan for a while now, and I feel that they deserve their own Thread topic. They play a cross between Melodic technical progressive Death metal, (Wow, what a Combo) and Power metal (Just to add to things). They have an ongoing musical theme, that of depressing lyrics, and the combanation of the before mentioned genres. Thus the reason for the question marks under the subcategory. I think....they should be called Eternity Metal
Why don't you guys discuss em' a little, What albums do you like, what do you like or not like about them, etc..... Get going!
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.10.2006 - 04:29
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I saw these guys live with Stratovarius,I was somewhat impressed and somewhat not,I even talked with the touring bassist a little,as well as the guitarist who is no longer there whom of which I received a high five from.Some songs I felt were very poor,while some I thought were great,they are truly unique,but I'm sure as the years go they will begin to mature with their style and become even greater.
15.10.2006 - 05:07
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Maiden Various:They've already released four albums, I think everything they've done is just amazing. And I envy you soooooooo much for seeing them AND Stratovarious live.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.10.2006 - 01:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I love this band. I've been listening to their last album and inspite of some member's changes I think their music continues to evolve. I think its a good album. My favourite album so far is "Buried in Oblivion" though. I think this band is in constant crescendo, they are tremendously talented.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.10.2006 - 02:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I prefer the new vocalist. I like the more extreme vocals and the fact that he doesn't really sing harmony. Harmony annoys me for some reason.
16.10.2006 - 23:58
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BloodTears on 16.10.2006 at 01:08

I love this band. I've been listening to their last album and inspite of some member's changes I think their music continues to evolve. I think its a good album. My favourite album so far is "Buried in Oblivion" though. I think this band is in constant crescendo, they are tremendously talented.

I think that their newest album is good as well, But I actually kind of feel like they are runnung out of inspiration. I realized after listening to the new album One time that they stole parts of two riffs and added them to this album. But I agree that Their best album was Burried in Oblivion, My favorite track on the album is either "Buried in Oblivion" or "Begining of the end.

@pyroleprechaun: I Like their new vocalist as well but I like Chris Krall Considerably better, I am one more for vocal harmonies, Although, did you notice that Stu Block has a "Painkiller" era Rob Halford Touch?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

19.10.2006 - 03:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Come on Folks, do you mean to tell me that a measely 4 People Listen to these Guys?!?! I know there are More of you, so come on And say Something!

And Pyroleprechaun, I asked a question, please answer it. (Sorry to sound rude)
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

19.10.2006 - 04:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't know about him sounding like Halford...maybe like TSoP era Chuck Schuldiner a little.
19.10.2006 - 05:56
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 19.10.2006 at 04:08

I don't know about him sounding like Halford...maybe like TSoP era Chuck Schuldiner a little.

Ehh...Yeah, I could see that to I guess, But I still think that he also has a Halford touch as well.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

19.10.2006 - 13:40
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 16.10.2006 at 23:58

Written by BloodTears on 16.10.2006 at 01:08

I think that their newest album is good as well, But I actually kind of feel like they are runnung out of inspiration. I realized after listening to the new album One time that they stole parts of two riffs and added them to this album. But I agree that Their best album was Burried in Oblivion, My favorite track on the album is either "Buried in Oblivion" or "Begining of the end.

@pyroleprechaun: I Like their new vocalist as well but I like Chris Krall Considerably better, I am one more for vocal harmonies, Although, did you notice that Stu Block has a "Painkiller" era Rob Halford Touch?

I agree with u enterily, when I heard Block's voice in "the scaterring of ashes" I immediatly thought about Halford. Its a powerful voice no doubt.
----

My Instagram
24.10.2006 - 06:24
Sir Broderick
Account deleted
Great band, I enjoy their new one a lot... They definitely have a different sound though, which I like, but Buried In Oblivion is still amazing.
04.11.2006 - 04:11
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
What does everyone think of the song "Surounded by Night?" I think it is kind of an attempt at another Buried in oblivion acoustic trancendance into power/extreme sound, I still like it a lot though.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

15.11.2006 - 00:48
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I just picked up Dead or Dreaming, and I can't decide if I really think these guys are amazing, or they're merely okay. I really like the clean vocals, all the instruments are good, especially the guitars, and the extreme vocals are good and well-placed...but some songs just sound weak. I'll pick up their latest album and compare it, I guess I can say I like Into Eternity on the whole :>
15.11.2006 - 03:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 15.11.2006 at 00:48

I just picked up Dead or Dreaming, and I can't decide if I really think these guys are amazing, or they're merely okay. I really like the clean vocals, all the instruments are good, especially the guitars, and the extreme vocals are good and well-placed...but some songs just sound weak. I'll pick up their latest album and compare it, I guess I can say I like Into Eternity on the whole :>

What's especially incredible about them (In my oppinion) Is their Progressive Blend of Death and Power influences. But I guess I should give you some time to decide for yourself what you like about them...sorry.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

15.11.2006 - 10:26
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 15.11.2006 at 03:35

Written by Guest on 15.11.2006 at 00:48

What's especially incredible about them (In my oppinion) Is their Progressive Blend of Death and Power influences. But I guess I should give you some time to decide for yourself what you like about them...sorry.

Well, the first songs I was a bit apprehensive how they blended their clean vocals with the growling, it felt almost mainstream...but the latter songs I really noticed how good the vocals were and the brilliant guitarwork. So, yeah, more proggy power /death metal, and I do like it a lot, despite some of their weaker songs.
18.11.2006 - 18:26
Lobotomy
Account deleted
I think they're great. Buried In oblivion is definitely their best, but The Scattering Of Ashes wasn't too bad either.
01.03.2007 - 01:37
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I listened to Buried in oblivion after a while, it was great.

Also, Did Jim Austin leave?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

06.06.2007 - 23:17
Remus
Written by Arian Totalis on 19.10.2006 at 03:16

Come on Folks, do you mean to tell me that a measely 4 People Listen to these Guys?!?! I know there are More of you, so come on And say Something!

Make that 5. I just got "The Scattering of the Ashes". Wow really cool! Drummer goes crazy with the double bass! I like the screaming/growling/singing - they mixed the styles really well.

However, i just saw the "Severe Emotional Distress" video and boy did it suck ass! But that doesn't matter, the music is great! I'm gonna try to get hold of their other albums.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
07.06.2007 - 01:43
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Remus on 06.06.2007 at 23:17

Written by Arian Totalis on 19.10.2006 at 03:16

Make that 5. I just got "The Scattering of the Ashes". Wow really cool! Drummer goes crazy with the double bass! I like the screaming/growling/singing - they mixed the styles really well.

However, i just saw the "Severe Emotional Distress" video and boy did it suck ass! But that doesn't matter, the music is great! I'm gonna try to get hold of their other albums.

Haha yeah the scattering of ashes is really good, though different from previous albums. The drums for the album are cool but they used triggers for the double bass so it's not as insane as it comes off to be, but jim austin is a really talented drummer.

Oh god that video sucks! XD but yeah great song. If you want to listen to any other album by them, listen to "Buried in Oblivion" it's crazy, the opening riff to the very first track, Splintered Visions, is seriously one of the craziest intro's EVER!
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

07.06.2007 - 01:45
graywolf87
Account deleted
Make it 6, bought the buried in Oblivion album when they were still underground in a way, good album great new style as you said ...I will see them on august with Dream Theater can't wait for D.T
07.06.2007 - 01:54
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 07.06.2007 at 01:45

Make it 6, bought the buried in Oblivion album when they were still underground in a way, good album great new style as you said ...I will see them on august with Dream Theater can't wait for D.T

Yeah great album, I got it when they were still underground as well. I reaaaaly wanna see them.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

23.09.2007 - 09:45
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 15.10.2006 at 05:07

@Maiden Various:They've already released four albums, I think everything they've done is just amazing. And I envy you soooooooo much for seeing them AND Stratovarious live.

I never saw that post before hahaha, I'm glad someone envies me hahaha. Well with that last post I said how these guys would mature and become even greater! Well I was right haha these guys are definitely great now!!
02.01.2008 - 17:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
They are quiet now. I wish they would come here so that I could see them live. I'm also looking forward to their next release.
----

My Instagram
17.01.2008 - 03:11
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah me too, though I've not yet heard anything from it
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

17.01.2008 - 04:09
CreativeAngels
Account deleted
well i have the cd ,"Buried In Oblivion" laying around some were, oh there it is , lets take a listen , yeah i check out this band , it was a spur of the moment order from the end records lol, yes they are intresting , the whole progress / death metal approcah , i will recommed it for anyone who enoys their metal , i will ad this cd back into my dail playlist and see if it grows on me some more add me number 7
23.04.2008 - 18:42
they are a great band and Stu has the most sickest vocals in the world...Still hope they will come to Slovenia one day :/
----
No-one is closer to the Devil than me
24.04.2008 - 03:11
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Rituale_Satanum on 23.04.2008 at 18:42

they are a great band and Stu has the most sickest vocals in the world...Still hope they will come to Slovenia one day :/

Don't worry man, Tim Wroth's heart is with you
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

24.04.2008 - 03:17
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Have y'all listened to the new demo track Into Eternity posted on their myspace?
24.04.2008 - 03:45
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 24.04.2008 at 03:17

Have y'all listened to the new demo track Into Eternity posted on their myspace?

Yeah, I like the Harsh Vocals, but it sounds like they've changed around the clean. Oh well, it's still good.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

24.04.2008 - 12:43
Philaenas
Account deleted
Hm, I listened to these guys for the first time quite a while ago. At that time I didn't really like it after hearing one of their albums (can't really remember which one). But since my metal taste and music taste in general have quite evolved since then, I think I will give them a try again somewhere in the future. Best album to start with?