Metal Storm logo
Drugs (recreational)

18.05.2006 - 12:46
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Thread for discussing the effects, laws, pros and cons, experiences and and general opinions of recreational drug usage.
18.05.2006 - 12:54
Eight
Shapeshifter
-"No pacman drugs are bad!"
Only smoked marihuana, didn't find it very amusing, only times was when my friend grew his own (pure), and we smoked it whit beer, as sigarets, effect was very attractive. As for chemical drugs, like amphetomine or extazy, haven't, never, wont !
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
18.05.2006 - 13:28
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Heh, yeah I've never really had a great experience with weed. I tend to only smoke it if everyone else is but it does have a tendency to make me quite paranoid which is never pleasent

My drug of choice is and always will be ecstacy, be it in pill form or mdma power form. Just seems to be a pretty perfect drug, cheap, fantastic high, little comedown and almost no danger or side effects (if found reliably). I have a tendency to do it a little too much so the effect is lessened but apart from that and the fact the high doesn't usually last more than a few hours it's amazing stuff.
18.05.2006 - 13:49
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Author on 18.05.2006 at 13:28

My drug of choice is and always will be ecstacy, pretty perfect drug, cheap, fantastic high, little comedown and almost no danger or side effects (if found reliably)

Actually, ecstacy does much damage to brain, it ruins brain cells, whiout recovering.
Source: My bad memory of watching Discovery channel.
----

18.05.2006 - 14:11
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Heh, that's a little vague. It can reduce the brain's ability to produce seratonin later in life but that's only with prolonged and extreme use. If used releatively sparingly and responsibly it's fine. Alot of stuff where drugs are concerned are exaggerated. The whole destroying brain cells thing is more to do with alcohol which is largely a much more destructive drug.
18.05.2006 - 15:37
Eight
Shapeshifter
Sadly, but i agre whit you about alcohol part, indeed it is, but in small doses it's fine.
----

18.05.2006 - 22:27
rebel4life
Account deleted
when it comes to drugs i have a lot of experience with drugs and all i have to say that they are not for everyone what i mean is anyone. and alcohol is a very harmful drug!
when i used to do them i thought like everyone else, that using them once in a blue moon is ok but the more you do them the more u like them and soon you are gonna do them every day if not switch to harder drugs
currently i have been sober 72 days which seems pretty short its not
life is much more enjoyable when u can control yourself and be aware of everything, not sitting in the room and accelerating my death
right now im in AA (who would have thought) and hearing a lot of peoples stories and depressing and i can see it in my mind that if i continue using my life would end up to be no better
lastly dont listen to people who say theres no life or party without liquor and drugs... it just shows how desperate you are to fit in ... like i use to be (most are in denial about that one)
18.05.2006 - 22:40
Horlequism
Account deleted
I only support the usage of marijuana...I don't support the usage of any other drug; especially crack, cocaine and meth...
19.05.2006 - 02:47
rebel4life
Account deleted
i gotta admit marijuana is fun and safe but many people get tired of it and move on to harder stuff
20.05.2006 - 04:53
Avenant
Profane Seraph
I don't support the use of any drug, not even marijuana... but I smoke,and that's niccotine, so I think of myself as a bit of a hypocrite.. but whatever. I still won't smoke/take anything more than that.
20.05.2006 - 13:48
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I'll have a go at a joint if I'm at a party and a few people are smoking them, otherwise I'd prefer to spend my money on something constructive. I find drugs a waste of money.
----
24.05.2006 - 06:29
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I think that drugs aren't only a waste of money, but a waste of life, everything, it's a self deceit, because I think that if someone consumes drugs it's because this person has problems that want to hide and this person prefer to live in a fantasy and illusion world, I think that because once, just for curiosity, I smoked marijuana and I felt suddenly very happy, thinking that I had no problems and that my life was perfect, fortunately I've always understood that this is a waste of everything and we don't need drugs to be happy
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
24.05.2006 - 19:53
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Well that's one extreme point of view which alot of people do share however I think you're generalising big time and lacking in evidence.

What do you say to the fact that I am a regular user of recreational drugs, yet I can confidently say that I've never been depressed, never self harmed, never taking anti-depressants and just generally always been a happy person? Are you still insistent that I have something to hide?

You seem to think that EVERYONE takes drugs to escape reality. That's called "addiction," when you become dependant on it for being happy. I, as do most people, take drugs because they can make us feel a way that cannot be attained w/o the use of drugs. It's a unique and interesting experience. Much like like those who seek danger for the rush of addrenaline, do they also hide from themselves?
26.05.2006 - 12:30
Sunioj
@The Alchemist,
Well it is a waste of money and a waste of life, BUT, drugs are everywhere, in medicine from pain relief to inducing labor, drugs have revolutionized our life in science, drugs do alot in the developed world, the very red bull you would drink has a drug in it that proves to be addictive, caffeine is a drug.

Most of the most well known drugs in our time has been life savers in the past century, Heroin morphine for medics in WWII to marijuana to which ropes were made out of the hemp which is VERY cheap.

However recreationally, drugs can be killers, and I used to do a tone of drugs, pretty much done everything besides shoot up and I dont regret those days I had, it took alot to make me stop but no regrets, drugs have opened my mind up considerabley. I agree with VElVET that addiction is escaping reality, as Ive said, Ive done a ton of drugs and never harmed anyone else and it was my own decision therefore everyone else had no right to say what they think I should do because everyone makes their own choice with stuff like drugs, its when you harm other people is when you have to stop.
27.05.2006 - 20:32
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Well, I forgot that part of medicin and stuff with drugs, because it's true, I know it, it deppends of what you search with them
And about my point of view, it's my opinion, and I respect what other people think about them
----

Sensorium - Epica
28.05.2006 - 10:32
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Most people whom are anti recreational drugs have never ever tried it themselves before (except The Alchemist here ). These people have received this negative idea of drugs because the government doens't want their slaves to waste their time when there's money to be made ... But of course that's an other discussion...

I used marijuana about nine months ago, always with my best friend, but then we stopped because we wanted to apply for a job with the Belgian federal police ... I know it's a big contradiction, but I'm still running for inspector (although my friend got eliminated in the exams)
I don't regret my drugusing days at all, it was fun, and sometimes I still long for them. One could call this addiction, but I haven't used in 9 months or something so I don't really need it anymore

I also believe that marijuana should be legalized, as in The Netherlands. Studies showed that, when you legalize marijuana, the use of it will drop, because the biggest kick of doing it illegally is gone. It's more controlled with it's legalized. It's comparable with alcohol. When alcohol is forbidden, everyone will drink and abuse. But when it's controlled, people just go for a nice beer in a bar. Imagine the same to be done with marijuana...
28.05.2006 - 20:08
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I agree with the fact that marijuana should be legalized, by this way, people could stop or at least, consuming less, but at the same time, people should be warned about the effects of it
----

Sensorium - Epica
30.05.2006 - 19:32
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Never tried any drugs because they sucks

heh I just remembered,when I lived in our nations capitol 14-15 years ago (me and my mates) our fav time killing hobby was KICKING drug dealers in a back alleys (we wasted alot of heads) Then we just took dealers money and destroyed his drugs

This was our nightly schedule for almost a year,then police got very interested of us and then we just stopped it

For the last kids ...Don't do any drugs or very angry heresiarch comes and puts you on his knee and gives you some spank
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
31.05.2006 - 01:56
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Written by Author on 19.05.2006 at 02:47

i gotta admit marijuana is fun and safe but many people get tired of it and move on to harder stuff

Its not safe, after doing it for a few years, you lose s few brain cells, you loose some common sense, and your parinoia increases drematically, and also its the gateway drug, many people think otherwise, but think about it, you try it, keep on doing it, it gets boaring after a while, try something new, and move on to harder drugs, for me right now i only use weed, and some shrooms every now and then is nice aswell, but weed is always the best when a beer in hand at the same time or any alcohal of that kind.
31.05.2006 - 04:36
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by heresiarch on 30.05.2006 at 19:32

For the last kids ...Don't do any drugs or very angry heresiarch comes and puts you on his knee and gives you some spank

Well, don't worry, I'm not interested in drugs, because this is a waste of everything, makes your life miserable living in an illusive world, that's the main reason why I don't do drugs, I tried it just for curiosity, once I tried with marijuana and it gave me the feeling of happyness but I realized that it was illusive, and then I lost the curiosity and I don't think I'm gonna do drugs again
----

Sensorium - Epica
31.05.2006 - 18:07
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Written by The Alchemist on 24.05.2006 at 06:29

I think that drugs aren't only a waste of money, but a waste of life, everything, it's a self deceit, because I think that if someone consumes drugs it's because this person has problems that want to hide and this person prefer to live in a fantasy and illusion world, I think that because once, just for curiosity, I smoked marijuana and I felt suddenly very happy, thinking that I had no problems and that my life was perfect, fortunately I've always understood that this is a waste of everything and we don't need drugs to be happy

That was a very stereotypical comment, saying that everyone that does drugs is bad, and is going to have a horrible life, and has problems, and it mentally ill. That statement is very wrong, because most of the people i know who do drugs are normal everyday average people, that have normal jobs live normal lifestyles, and they are perfectly fine. I will admit, a meth addict or crack addict it might be diffrent for them, but saying that pretty much anyone that does any kind of drug is living in a faulty world is wrong, becuase its not like that at all, people want to live their life the way they want to, and mabey want to have some fun, thats their choice, they dont need people like you to make them seem like their bad people, that are mentally ill.
31.05.2006 - 19:42
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Immortal Plague on 31.05.2006 at 18:07

That was a very stereotypical comment, saying that everyone that does drugs is bad, and is going to have a horrible life, and has problems, and it mentally ill. That statement is very wrong, because most of the people i know who do drugs are normal everyday average people, that have normal jobs live normal lifestyles, and they are perfectly fine. I will admit, a meth addict or crack addict it might be diffrent for them, but saying that pretty much anyone that does any kind of drug is living in a faulty world is wrong, becuase its not like that at all, people want to live their life the way they want to, and mabey want to have some fun, thats their choice, they dont need people like you to make them seem like their bad people, that are mentally ill.

Well, I respect your opinion but I don't share it very much because we see things as we are, not as they are, so, we can see that some people is happy and they're ok the whole time, because we don't know what they hide (because we all have things to hide)

About the part that doing drugs is decisions of the other people, yes, it's their decision and it's different for everyone, maybe it makes damage for some people, deppending of the use they do

And I don't want to hurt anyone, and don't think that they're bad people.
I just want to share my point of view
----

Sensorium - Epica
31.05.2006 - 22:31
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Written by heresiarch on 30.05.2006 at 19:32

heh I just remembered,when I lived in our nations capitol 14-15 years ago (me and my mates) our fav time killing hobby was KICKING drug dealers in a back alleys (we wasted alot of heads) Then we just took dealers money and destroyed his drugs

I hope that's a joke, if not, you're an idiot and worse than any druggy.
31.05.2006 - 22:35
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Quote:

Well, I respect your opinion but I don't share it very much because we see things as we are, not as they are, so, we can see that some people is happy and they're ok the whole time, because we don't know what they hide (because we all have things to hide)

That sounds kinda paranoid :S not smoking weed are you i joke. But seriously, not everyone has things to hide, I don't and alot of people do drugs purely for the enjoyment. I do respect your opinion and it does have some validity but things are never as black and white as that.
01.06.2006 - 00:55
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Written by The Alchemist on 31.05.2006 at 19:42

Written by Immortal Plague on 31.05.2006 at 18:07

About the part that doing drugs is decisions of the other people, yes, it's their decision and it's different for everyone, maybe it makes damage for some people, deppending of the use they do

And I don't want to hurt anyone, and don't think that they're bad people.
I just want to share my point of view

Alright, and i respect your point of view i just wanted you to see, that stereotyping everyone that does drugs as a bad person is a point of view and you look at it diffrently, and i look at it diffrently, and also that not every single person that does drugs is a bad person.
01.06.2006 - 03:31
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Immortal Plague: alright, now we understand each other, yes, we see things very different as other people see, so, it's better to not judge others, but just having just an opinion, without believing that what we say is absolutely true

@\/ELVET (O): Ok, you have your own reasons to do drugs, and well, I can testify that drugs are funny but the problem is that it gives an illusive world, like I said before, but that's my point of view and other people may see things completely different as me, and since everuthing has at least one reason to be, I respect it
----

Sensorium - Epica
01.06.2006 - 03:32
Alouqua
Account deleted
Hey! this is kind of a serious discussion.
Ok my dear Alchemist, for the very first time I don't agree with you. I can't remember right now if we have talk about it but I have a very junkie friends and well even if I must run away I have a few thing to say based on that experience.
Well, my boyfriend at that time (3-4 years ago) was a cocaine addict and he still using cocaine. He was 25 and he have use drugs since he was 12. now the strange thing... He have a nice work (what he use to call "el taller del Heavy Metal") and he use the money to support his whole family and his drugs. You look at him and he was just perfect. He was happy and I was happy with him. Every time someone told me that all junkies are just "bad" people and they have just misery in their life I remember him, and that big smile on his face when he was sober and when he was high...
That is a recreational use of drugs. He use it when he want and that doesn't damage his normal life.
Now about the kids: NEVER SELL DRUGS TO THE KIDS. That is a decision that people must take when they are "prepared" I hate too see a litter child using drugs...
Just my opinion...
01.06.2006 - 03:48
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Alouqua: Ok my dear, like I said before everything has a reason to be, it's very good that now your bf has a better life, I think that this is a different case in which people really want to have a better life
----

Sensorium - Epica
01.06.2006 - 04:14
Alouqua
Account deleted
Written by The Alchemist on 01.06.2006 at 03:48

@Alouqua: Ok my dear, like I said before everything has a reason to be, it's very good that now your bf has a better life, I think that this is a different case in which people really want to have a better life

Ex boyfriend! yeah, Milton he now have a wife he is 10 years older than me! and he still the same as far as I know. He is so much different that all that other junkies I know, that is why I admire him so much...
01.06.2006 - 04:54
Daru Jericho
Well, the only drug I've done is weed. At the start of Autumn I did it quite a bit but now I do it around once every 2 months. It's ok, a bit overrated though. I'd like to try other drugs simply because I'm interested in how they alter the human mind. Nothing more than experimentation.

I too think weed should be legalized. Far less people would be using it because it wouldn't be seen as 'cool' because it's legal. Having said that, people could move on to harder drugs. That could be problematic.

You know when someone has gone too far for drugs when they become horribly addicted. As in steal from their own family and sell their belongings for drug money. That's really upsetting and shouldn't happen to anyone.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.