Metal Storm logo
Guns N' Roses

Original post

Posted by Eight, 18.05.2006 - 13:36
I do belive that all of you know this band, don't you ? So i guess ill be the one who creates this thread.
I hear peoplesaying that Guns'n'Roses would be better off whitout Axel! i think not, whats done is done, and there couldnt be G'n'R whitout Axels Guns
10.06.2007 - 10:26
Grey_Dandelion
guns n roses rip!!!too bad-use your illusion is one of my favourite albums ever
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
10.06.2007 - 19:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Grey_Dandelion on 10.06.2007 at 10:26

guns n roses rip!!!too bad-use your illusion is one of my favourite albums ever

Xaxa my too I love tho ealbums so much then I dunno i dont love non of albums so heavy like those 2 albums
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.06.2007 - 03:50
Hyvaarin
My dislike of Axl Rose has increased tenfold after last night - his childish making us wait for an hour and a half, and stretching out the setlist with solos from the band members (presumably in order to minimise the time Axl had to spend actually singing) meant that I only got home at 3AM. I slept through my alarm and missed an exam. Nice work, dickhead.

I'll post a better review/recap later today.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
20.06.2007 - 10:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hyvaarin on 20.06.2007 at 03:50

My dislike of Axl Rose has increased tenfold after last night - his childish making us wait for an hour and a half, and stretching out the setlist with solos from the band members (presumably in order to minimise the time Axl had to spend actually singing) meant that I only got home at 3AM. I slept through my alarm and missed an exam. Nice work, dickhead.

When I saw them in TV specely AXL I just understand i never will by anyting after reunion and wont go to showsafter reunion, I enjoy classic albums of band
----

apos;'
[image]
20.06.2007 - 22:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Wow, me and you have very different viewpoints on that, when I saw him I loved it, I just didnt enjoy Dizzys solo is all, but atleast Sebastian Bach kicked major ass right?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.06.2007 - 03:12
Hyvaarin
Written by Doc G. on 20.06.2007 at 22:30

Wow, me and you have very different viewpoints on that, when I saw him I loved it, I just didnt enjoy Dizzys solo is all, but atleast Sebastian Bach kicked major ass right?

Oh definitely, Baz was AMAZING. So much so that I've started referring to it as "the Seb Bach concert with GNR also playing". He is pretty much my god.

A friend of mine saw the show last night (they played two shows in my city) and said that it GNR were really awesome and that Axl mentioned that my show was pretty shit. I guess he must've had a bad night, I dunno haha.
----
21.06.2007 - 03:40
Black Mass
I'm going to see them on Saturday night in Sydney and I'm really looking forward to it. Is it true they have been opening with Welcome to the Jungle and closing with Paradise City? What other tunes did they play?Really looking fwd to seeing Seb Bach too.

I think Gunners have earnt their place in the rock history books. They've had hard times, broken into the big time and for a while there they conquered all. The fall from grace was expected, their individual missions to self destruct were huge! Axl is a prick but so is Lars Ulrich and we all still love Metallica. You gotta take the good with the bad.
22.06.2007 - 00:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Black Mass on 21.06.2007 at 03:40

I'm going to see them on Saturday night in Sydney and I'm really looking forward to it. Is it true they have been opening with Welcome to the Jungle and closing with Paradise City? What other tunes did they play?Really looking fwd to seeing Seb Bach too.

Its a long ass set, whatever you do, dont miss Bach, he blows Axl off the stage. But they play most of Chinese Democracy (all of it if Im not mistaken), and every second song is either off of AFD or UYI 1&2, Im pretty sure they play most of, if not all of AFD, and alot of UYI.
----
- George Carlin
22.06.2007 - 12:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Black Mass on 21.06.2007 at 03:40

I think Gunners have earnt their place in the rock history books.

Yes thaya re in history Gunms n Roses are total history who will live forever but no metters how thay try reunited it wont be like it was, same like Sepultura and Metallica
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2007 - 20:33
Black Mass
Just got home from the Sydney Gunners gig. Wasnt worth $150, too many solos, Axl pussied out too much and went off stage heaps. They'd play 3 good songs in a row and the crowd would get heaps pumped then go all soft and do a solo and stuff like that and the crowd would lose momentum. Seb Bach was fucking awesome and still hot as ever I'm glad I went and I'm happy to have seen Axl but I think I prefer to remember him for how he was, not how he is now.
25.06.2007 - 13:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Black Mass on 23.06.2007 at 20:33

Just got home from the Sydney Gunners gig. Wasnt worth $150, too many solos, Axl pussied out too much and went off stage heaps. They'd play 3 good songs in a row and the crowd would get heaps pumped then go all soft and do a solo and stuff like that and the crowd would lose momentum. Seb Bach was fucking awesome and still hot as ever I'm glad I went and I'm happy to have seen Axl but I think I prefer to remember him for how he was, not how he is now.

Hahhaah Im a guy but I like Axl better how he wa sin 80ties whi normal type of hair not hip hop style cloutes
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2007 - 08:45
Black Mass
Written by Bad English on 25.06.2007 at 13:50

Written by Black Mass on 23.06.2007 at 20:33

Hahhaah Im a guy but I like Axl better how he wa sin 80ties whi normal type of hair not hip hop style cloutes

Thats what I said didn't I?
11.07.2007 - 03:10
Varegan
Hamranakara
a hot news: Jul 10, 2007
E3 07: Slash to be Guitar Hero III boss

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--One of the most hardcore rockers in the world, guitarist Slash, will be appearing as a boss to battle in the latest version of Guitar Hero--Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. The curly-haired rocker is probably best known for his strumming in rock band Guns N' Roses, whose hits included "Sweet Child O' Mine," "November Rain," and "Paradise City."

In 1996, Slash quit Guns N' Roses, declaring that he could not work with fellow band member Axl Rose. He then worked on a variety of different musical projects, including Slash's Snakepit and Velvet Revolver.

Guns N' Roses hit "Welcome to the Jungle" will be included on the Guitar Hero III soundtrack as an original song. Previously announced original songs include "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones, and "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse. The game was recently renamed Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, and a full list of all the unlockable guitars available in the game has been announced.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is currently slated for a fall release on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360.

source: gamespot.com
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
02.08.2007 - 17:26
Hyvaarin
1. Slash as a boss?! Fuck, do they want people to be able to finish this game or not?
2. 'Welcome to the Jungle'?! AWESOME!
----
29.08.2007 - 05:57
selken
Irreligious
Well, I thought that they could be at least Glam/Heavy, but not rock, anyway, they were one of the first bands that helped me to get into metal, so, they are a band that I can't abandon...
----
10.09.2007 - 16:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by selken on 29.08.2007 at 05:57

Well, I thought that they could be at least Glam/Heavy, but not rock, anyway, they were one of the first bands that helped me to get into metal, so, they are a band that I can't abandon...

Me to, first band what I lsiten mor ehow others and what I had in tapes
----

apos;'
[image]
13.09.2007 - 02:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
GnR is not glam. I dont know how much I have to repeat that, Axl only wore make-up in his early years. The rest of the band didnt wear makeup. There not glam there sleaze.
----
- George Carlin
13.09.2007 - 13:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 13.09.2007 at 02:57

GnR is not glam. I dont know how much I have to repeat that, Axl only wore make-up in his early years. The rest of the band didnt wear makeup. There not glam there sleaze.

Izzy, Duff and Steave wa slil make up type hair, but its all only who wanst use it it was Slash
----

apos;'
[image]
18.09.2007 - 10:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Ok, so Ive been thinking about all this bitching people have been doing about Chinese Democracy, and I came to one conclusion: its not yours. Let me elaborate on this thought, this album isnt about the fans, its Axls dream, he very well couldve put out a crowd pleasing album years ago and made tons of money off it without too much difficulty, his dream, the album doesnt belong to the fans. Picture it this way, you are a painter, and your painting a beautiful picture, and the more you paint the more ways you can figure out to make it better, or more satisfying to yourself, but its taking a while and everyone is bitching at you because its taking so long. Thats why I dont bitch about delayed albums (unless the delay is record company related, not the music recording itslef). So even if it does suck (which it wont, I like the songs) keep in mind it wasnt made for you.
----
- George Carlin
21.09.2007 - 23:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 18.09.2007 at 10:20

Ok, so Ive been thinking about all this bitching people have been doing about Chinese Democracy, and I came to one conclusion: its not yours. Let me elaborate on this thought, this album isnt about the fans, its Axls dream, he very well couldve put out a crowd pleasing album years ago and made tons of money off it without too much difficulty, his dream, the album doesnt belong to the fans. Picture it this way, you are a painter, and your painting a beautiful picture, and the more you paint the more ways you can figure out to make it better, or more satisfying to yourself, but its taking a while and everyone is bitching at you because its taking so long. Thats why I dont bitch about delayed albums (unless the delay is record company related, not the music recording itslef). So even if it does suck (which it wont, I like the songs) keep in mind it wasnt made for you.

If that is the case then why didn't he release it yet?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.09.2007 - 23:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

That album will be(if be realsied) shame of band poor guys who had G n R tattoos, but Axl's dream whole life he was lived in dreams and nowdays he live in ehhh if he drunk to much and died its be better for band and fans
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2007 - 01:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.09.2007 at 23:44

If that is the case then why didn't he release it yet?

because its not to his own satisfaction yet, which is pretty much what this album is for, his own self-satisfaction I think. And can someone tell me what the hell K7 just said? (the post above this one).
----
- George Carlin
24.09.2007 - 17:58
Warman
Erotic Stains
Bah, who cares if it's "his painting"... it'll suck and the band's been dead for a long time.
----
26.09.2007 - 20:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Chinese Democracy is out now? I just looked it up and I can't find it...well anyway, when is is supposed to be released...
26.09.2007 - 23:10
Ellie
Account deleted
Last time I checked..Guns N' Roses was metal; not rock.
27.09.2007 - 02:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Author on 26.09.2007 at 23:10

Last time I checked your clearly under the wrong impression. Hard rock is what they are. While yes they do have some heavy songs that could fit under metal like 'Welcome To The Jungle' and the heavy part of 'Paradise City' you'll notice that an even bigger portion are songs like 'Think About You' or 'Nightrain' or 'Its So Easy' (which can even be considered a punk type song by some). Not to mention all of GnRs influences come from rock, not really metal, like Aerosmith or Rose Tattoo and those type blues rock based bands.

Did MTV tell you they were metal?
----
- George Carlin
27.09.2007 - 03:00
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 27.09.2007 at 02:46

Not to mention all of GnRs influences come from rock, not really metal, like Aerosmith or Rose Tattoo and those type blues rock based bands.

Then how do you explain Slash admitting that Metallica was an influence in certain parts of their songwriting (especially on AFD)?
27.09.2007 - 03:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Author on 27.09.2007 at 03:00

Not to mention all of GnRs influences come from rock, not really metal, like Aerosmith or Rose Tattoo and those type blues rock based bands.

Then how do you explain Slash admitting that Metallica was an influence in certain parts of their songwriting (especially on AFD)?

Where are citing this from?
Even if so, they blues rock influences come through alot strongerthan anything. If there are in fact Metalica influences in there music they only come through in the heavier parts like the ones I listed, which in ratio to the more rock not metal parts are not very much. Maybe I shouldnt have used the word "All", Most wouldve been a better word. Either way there hard rock, not metal.
----
- George Carlin
27.09.2007 - 03:56
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 27.09.2007 at 03:03

Written by Author on 27.09.2007 at 03:00

Where are citing this from?
Even if so, they blues rock influences come through alot strongerthan anything. If there are in fact Metalica influences in there music they only come through in the heavier parts like the ones I listed, which in ratio to the more rock not metal parts are not very much. Maybe I shouldnt have used the word "All", Most wouldve been a better word. Either way there hard rock, not metal.

It's kinda rude to reply to a question with a question, don't ya think?

I've read it a couple of times in guitar magazines, if I can track them down, I'll tell you.

Also, I've seen a pic of him with a Metallica patch on his jacket, if that suggests anything.

I've at least found that he listened to Metallica, just by doing a simple google search. Mind you, this source looks sketchy as hell, though it's the only one I've found: http://www.snakepit.org/equip.html

I certainly agree they're Hard Rock, I've always seen them as being that
27.09.2007 - 05:32
Ellie
Account deleted

Written by Author on 26.09.2007 at 23:10

Last time I checked your clearly under the wrong impression. Hard rock is what they are. While yes they do have some heavy songs that could fit under metal like 'Welcome To The Jungle' and the heavy part of 'Paradise City' you'll notice that an even bigger portion are songs like 'Think About You' or 'Nightrain' or 'Its So Easy' (which can even be considered a punk type song by some). Not to mention all of GnRs influences come from rock, not really metal, like Aerosmith or Rose Tattoo and those type blues rock based bands.

Did MTV tell you they were metal?

Last time I checked Rose Tattoo was metal too. And no; Mtv didn't tell me they were metal. I don't watch TV, Anyways every book I have read about metal attributes GNR as a metal band too.