Metal Storm logo
At The Gates

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 18.05.2006 - 14:17
At The Gates and Thomas Lindberg are one of the pioneers of the melodic death metal genre... IMO they released one of the greatest metal albums of all time: Slaughter Of The Soul... Im sure many people would feel the same...

Its just a shame the band decided to split and go their seperate ways, what does everyone else think?
21.10.2007 - 05:47
The Soothsayer
Account deleted
Whatever reunion shows they do, chances are, there probably won't be any in America
21.10.2007 - 17:14
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Check this: "Exclusive: AT THE GATES Guitarist Discusses Reunion Plans, Possibility Of New Studio Album - Oct. 18, 2007"

You can find all the information right here:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83047
21.10.2007 - 20:32
villain
THe REd in the Sky is Ours
is one the best melodic death metal albums I've ever heard - good job of balancing technicality and melody.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
21.10.2007 - 22:18
The Soothsayer
Account deleted
Written by Unconsecrated on 21.10.2007 at 17:14

Check this: "Exclusive: AT THE GATES Guitarist Discusses Reunion Plans, Possibility Of New Studio Album - Oct. 18, 2007"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83047

Well if they do decide to play with Jeff Walker, I hope he get's his stuff together. This is what he looks like these days.
Do you want the forefathers of the Gothenburg sound playing with a guy who looks like a country star?
21.10.2007 - 22:29
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 22:18

Written by Unconsecrated on 21.10.2007 at 17:14

Well if they do decide to play with Jeff Walker, I hope he get's his stuff together. This is what he looks like these days.
Do you want the forefathers of the Gothenburg sound playing with a guy who looks like a country star?

Ahah, i didn't expect that photo
He made an album with only covers of country/blues, right?
22.10.2007 - 23:26
theseventh
Account deleted
Written by Stalker on 19.10.2007 at 00:56

Written by Bad English on 19.10.2007 at 00:36

Written by Stalker on 19.10.2007 at 00:30

Written by Bad English on 19.10.2007 at 00:10

Damn great news

Yeah, although I doubt I would catch them....

It means maybe there be an album or live DVD

I doubt , but it is possible. Ive read that they got hell of lot money to play on wacken...

And I'll be there to witness it! :-D
This is one of my all-time favourites, hearing that they'll do a few reunion-gigs is a fantastic thing to hear!
25.10.2007 - 00:01
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Yeah, i'm also trying to do everything i can, to go to Wacken next year! AT THE GATES
02.11.2007 - 11:23
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
An interview is available on Earache website here.
03.11.2007 - 02:59
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
At the Gayest.

Sorry lol i really hate this band. Couldn't resist that one.
03.11.2007 - 17:10
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Guest on 03.11.2007 at 02:59

At the Gayest.

Sorry lol i really hate this band. Couldn't resist that one.

Why?
03.11.2007 - 20:19
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Just don't like melodeath....too many mallcore faggots obsess over this band, and I can't enjoy them partially because of that and the fact that they are just plain boring....I am a huge oldschool and brutal DM fan, so its not like I'm gonna orgasm over any hot-topic melodeath bands...
03.11.2007 - 20:28
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
If you don't like melodeath, than i don't know why you came with that "At The Gayest" thing to a melodeath band topic...Nowadays, even some mallcore faggots must be obsessed with any Brutal Death Metal band.
03.11.2007 - 20:49
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
No no no....the only non-melodic death metal mallcore fags listen to is like Cannibal Corpse and Vader....really generic death metal. Actually I ONCE saw one in a Deicide shirt, but I'm sure that was a fluke....
09.11.2007 - 07:51
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.11.2007 at 20:19

Just don't like melodeath....too many mallcore faggots obsess over this band, and I can't enjoy them partially because of that and the fact that they are just plain boring....I am a huge oldschool and brutal DM fan, so its not like I'm gonna orgasm over any hot-topic melodeath bands...

i'm here for like not even a week and you allready piss the shit out of me. mallcore faggots? did you ever listen to the gardens of grief ep? their debut full-lenght and everything they released befor slaughter of the soul was released? ever heard of eucharist? do you know crypt of kerberos? what about ceremonial oath? i'm not talking 'bout in flames today or amon amarth or whatever band is considered melo death today, don't talk about a genre you don't know shit about. i couldn't care less, but here is a linkt to a REAL melodic death metal song. oh and even if you don't like it, don't forget with your closed mind, that there are lots of bands who played melo death, and you really should check out eucharist's debut. oh and btw, you listen to old school dm? give me a fucking break, your list is full of stuff every death metal fan knows about.

anyway, as for me. at the gates opened the gates to death metal for me, and i love their pre-slaughter of the soul stuff. i heard that they will play at wacken, with carcass, and so i must be there and see these gods live, as long as i have the chance to.
09.11.2007 - 11:48
Woutjinho
Account deleted
you sure dont sound like you "couldnt care less"
I think they're overrated but I wouldnt mind seeing them because I used to listen to At The Gates quite often
14.11.2007 - 03:18
evilThrasherella
Account deleted
I really appreciate Thomas Lindberg work in At The Gates, Slaughter Of the Soul is by far one of the best melodic death albums there are. But I think his other projects such as The Crown and Lock Up, are pretty well too, so good music didnt disappear, just changed placed lol.
So If they come back I will gladly hope they come to MEXICO (sighs).
14.11.2007 - 03:22
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i have to say Slaughter of the Soul is one of the greatest melodeath albums ever released its filled with so amny classic songs
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
14.11.2007 - 21:23
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
I can't understand why people love Slaughter Of The Soul so much. I used to love it ages ago when I was first getting into extreme metal... but come on... it's so... average. Nearly all the songs have a similar riff for the verse, usually really annoying triplets, and to top it of it's just verse/chorus/verse/chorus crap. Although Under A Serpent Sun is pretty good on it's own...
15.11.2007 - 12:56
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.11.2007 at 21:23

I can't understand why people love Slaughter Of The Soul so much. I used to love it ages ago when I was first getting into extreme metal... but come on... it's so... average. Nearly all the songs have a similar riff for the verse, usually really annoying triplets, and to top it of it's just verse/chorus/verse/chorus crap. Although Under A Serpent Sun is pretty good on it's own...

probably because their elder albums are pure whining shit
24.11.2007 - 23:49
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Metalzone.gr recently conducted an interview with guitarist Anders Björler who hopes to release DVD of reunion.
You can read the entire interview at this location.
25.11.2007 - 01:04
Opium
Account deleted
Written by White Winter Sun on 24.11.2007 at 23:49

Metalzone.gr recently conducted an interview with guitarist Anders Björler who hopes to release DVD of reunion.
You can read the entire interview at this location.

Thanks for this, very handy news this time around, WWS

Hopefully it won't disappoint
07.06.2008 - 21:59
carlithrashinmad
Account deleted
Well they are back! and I will be on the NY show next month!

I feel my soul goes coldd only the dead are smiling aaghhh
16.06.2008 - 01:11
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Yeah SotS was a great album-- still under-appreciated to this day!!

Fav song: Suicide Nation (duh)

Funny thing tho, I kinda discovered them thru Rock Band lol
19.06.2008 - 00:44
mankvill
Slaughter Of The Soul has the best opening riff ever.
20.06.2008 - 18:10
Edija
Account deleted
I just love their whole Discography.
But Slaughter of the Soul really tops it all
Death Metal perfection!
01.08.2008 - 06:31
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I purchased their "With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness" album recently
Mad Laughter is wrong though, those mallcore people don't even know who At The Gates are!
02.08.2008 - 01:05
Metal_Militia
Written by Guest on 16.06.2008 at 01:11

Fav song: Suicide Nation (duh)

Funny thing tho, I kinda discovered them thru Rock Band lol

//Arg thats gay that because of video games like these bands are getting noticed and liked. We shouldnt have to find bands out through games. Im not pointing the finger at you because you like some real metal like Meshuggah and Exodus but im speaking for my self when i see a bunch of ass hole kids at my school walking around going RAINING BLOOOOOOD!!! to me cause i have my slayer shirt on. Ive been a slayer fan for a long ass time and now they automatically think they are now slayer fans and really like metal and all that bullshit all beacuse of a stupid fucking video game. Ruins it for me. GOD DAMMIT!!!//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

03.08.2008 - 19:25
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
@Metal Militia:

OK lol well I definitely don't run around doing that!!

But yeah I definitely understand where you're coming from-- dam those posers. I'll try to keep my video-game-metal-education-fanship quiet lol.
03.08.2008 - 19:49
Metal_Militia
Written by Guest on 03.08.2008 at 19:25

@Metal Militia:

OK lol well I definitely don't run around doing that!!

But yeah I definitely understand where you're coming from-- dam those posers. I'll try to keep my video-game-metal-education-fanship quiet lol.

//Oh I know dude lol. I wasnt trying to point you out or anything//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

04.08.2008 - 07:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 16.06.2008 at 01:11

How the bleep can you say this? SotS is without a doubt the most overrated At The Gates album. Anything before that album by ATG is sooooooo much better.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996